• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
if billy lost to ICs with zelda then he's playing like an idiot. i don't know who crazy is. but 2 people, wow, you sure showed me. way to beast all those top players with your hot secondary that you pull out for aD3's bad matchups. too good, man.

anyway, on the topic of neo and 4god, i have listened to the discussions between rayku and lounis. the only reason those 2 were put on the list was because people didn't want it to "the top 8 GA players". really. people didn't like having a top 8, so they made it 10. both agree neo was only put on because they didn't have anyone else and needed to fill the last spot. now, i will admit, i don't know how much 4god has improved in the 3 months i've been gone, but from what i have been hearing he's a good player, but not necessarily as good as say, art dude or turtle.

CO18

Smash Hero
frozenhobo do u know what inactivity is ????? wth. You cant NOT go to a tournament for THREE MONTHS if you're basically ANYONE and expect to be on the pr nvm going to one tourney where you got 6th lmao. Alright guess its time to put Afro back on our PR's since he'd likely be a top 5 player though he hasnt been to a tourney in months.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
if billy lost to ICs with zelda then he's playing like an idiot. i don't know who crazy is. but 2 people, wow, you sure showed me. way to beast all those top players with your hot secondary that you pull out for aD3's bad matchups. too good, man.

anyway, on the topic of neo and 4god, i have listened to the discussions between rayku and lounis. the only reason those 2 were put on the list was because people didn't want it to "the top 8 GA players". really. people didn't like having a top 8, so they made it 10. both agree neo was only put on because they didn't have anyone else and needed to fill the last spot. now, i will admit, i don't know how much 4god has improved in the 3 months i've been gone, but from what i have been hearing he's a good player, but not necessarily as good as say, art dude or turtle.
Billy went Snake vs my D3 first round and lost. He then cp'd me to fd where he went Falco and beat my d3. I cp'd him back to FD and went Ic's where I won. I don't know If I showed you or not, but the point is my IC's are getting better, and I'm not as bad with them as you *and probably other GA players* think. Not that I really care anyway /shrug.

4God shows a lot of promise, and Neo-X will continue to get better. Neo lives in the same neighborhood as the Scatt, and they play all the time. If playing one of the best players in GA doesn't help him then idk what else will. Even though I know he's not even bad to begin with. I don't know why the panelist decided to have a top 10 over a top 8, or hell even a top 5 *what I wanted*. Also I don't think "people" really have much influence on what the panelist decide. I mean half of us wanted a top 5, but here we are with a top 10. They're on there, because they placed at the tournaments that were used to determine the power rankings. If you wanna know how good 4GOD is, just play him, and while you're at it I may recommend playing the rest of the PR and seeing how much GA has improved as a state.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Alright -HENRY-. Chill out dude.

First and foremost, being a panelist of GA's insignificant Brawl Power Rankings, I can just go ahead and say 2/3 of the panelists wanted a top 5, but Lounis disagreed and said he "didn't like half-assing things," so we went with the top 10. When we got to the #8 spot, I didn't know who to put, because GA's Brawl scene sucks the **** (When our #5/7 spots pass the simple BARLINE challenge of my Ike, I'll stop saying that). So, Lounis suggested two people, and we agreed to just put them on. No offense to them, it's just that their tournament results haven't exactly been...promising/consistent.

Second, @Albino: I'll always trash you for playing Ice Climbers in the first place. And not being able to NOT say acronyms in person. Dedede can handle every character in the game. If CO18 has a secondary that he goes for the Falco matchup that you deem "unwinnable" (even though the matchup is like 70:30. 100:0 is unwinnable), then I suppose you could say you were right. I'll admit defeat there. I still think he can. My character can, and yours is a higher tier character than mine. If Dedede can't handle the entire cast, then Lucario needs to be higher than #10 on the Tier List @_@

Frozn quit talking about GA outside of GA Brawl. It's hardly an indicator, and you're only digging yourself holes that you openly admit you can't climb out of :)

Sorry for invading your boards, Ice Climber Players

T3h Albino

Smash Master

First and foremost, being a panelist of GA's insignificant Brawl Power Rankings, I can just go ahead and say 2/3 of the panelists wanted a top 5, but Lounis disagreed and said he "didn't like half-assing things," so we went with the top 10. When we got to the #8 spot, I didn't know who to put, because GA's Brawl scene sucks the **** (When our #5/7 spots pass the simple BARLINE challenge of my Ike, I'll stop saying that). So, Lounis suggested two people, and we agreed to just put them on. No offense to them, it's just that their tournament results haven't exactly been...promising/consistent.

Second, @Albino: I'll always trash you for playing Ice Climbers in the first place. And not being able to NOT say acronyms in person. Dedede can handle every character in the game. If CO18 has a secondary that he goes for the Falco matchup that you deem "unwinnable" (even though the matchup is like 70:30. 100:0 is unwinnable), then I suppose you could say you were right. I'll admit defeat there. I still think he can. My character can, and yours is a higher tier character than mine. If Dedede can't handle the entire cast, then Lucario needs to be higher than #10 on the Tier List @_@

Frozn quit talking about GA outside of GA Brawl. It's hardly an indicator, and you're only digging yourself holes that you openly admit you can't climb out of :)

I can agree with most of the things in this post I guess. I'll do the silly barline next time I see you jason, and I have a problem with those dumb acronyms *I <3 acronyms*. Uhh Falco is gay, and I just feel like easing the burden on myself by having a secondary. Thanks for posting and ending the silly argument/shenanigans though .-.
tl;dr GA is pretty bad at brawl lol *cept kismet,biglou,player-1, and scatt*

swordgard

Smash Hero

I can't multiquote for shizzles >.>.

First, bunny, you aren't stupidly optimistic, obsession with the game and intense practice can make you overcome almost any plateau(or mountain of ice) ^.^.

Second: You are trashing at albino for picking up a secondary? Ice climbers are definitely a really good complement for d3, it is simply a very smart move of him since ice climbers outright beat falco, pikachu, fox, and go even with MK. Definitely better than having tons of 6-4 matchups against you. D3 is so high because he destroys ALOT of the cast, but he has hard matchups too. Lucario does not **** most of the cast, he has 2-3 hard matchups, but he definitely has tons more of evenish-losing matchups. Also, the tier list is not perfect, I'm pretty sure all the top ics player can see they should not be 11th on the tier list(more like top 4).

Teh Future

Smash Master
LMAO.

10000000000 luls.

Being on a plateau doesn't mean you're stuck there foreverrrrrrrrrr.

That post was soooooooo emo god every post i ever make is gonna have trolling now its too fun

Sieguest

Smash Master
Having more than one number in names make people suck automatically.
Well I just happened to be the 438th guest to check out smashboards and I got an account as a guest I was dubbed with H4X powahs... therefore I am the special guest....

Guest438 :D FEAR IT!!!!

(not really)

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Thanks Chok <3
and I guess you're a little right rubberbandman *good song too*
I also like the avy.

When is the next streamed Ga tourney so I can annoy Umby to send me stream links? ;o

If you're thinking of the song I'm thinking of thanks, my name is also a reference to Static Shock. =)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Heh, I remember watching Static Shock as a kid.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lain/Meep/Swordgard:

What are your favorite match-ups?

What are your best match-ups?

What do you think other IC players need to work on the most?

What do you think you need to work on the most?

What are your personal worst match-ups and why?

Answer these please? :).

swordgard

Smash Hero
Lain/Meep/Swordgard:

What are your favorite match-ups?
Snake/MK/Rob
What are your best match-ups?
Snake/Rob
I live in snakeland LOL.
What do you think other IC players need to work on the most?
Snake matchup, people need to make a list of snakes option depending on where his nade and how much time has passed. Snake has alot of inherent flaws because you can force him into a position where he will often have to get up-Aired or get grabbed. His tilts are still a force to be reckoned with though.
What do you think you need to work on the most?
MK matchup
What are your personal worst match-ups and why?
MK matchup
I got lazy and have not been technically apt to do what i wanted to do vs MK recently. I need to step it up, especially with the long list of things I made of things I need to train. Its not my worst matchup, but considering the huge amount of MKs in most USA tourney, I need to step up this in my game.

Answer these please? :).

Answered in quote.

EDIT: Not going to pound 4 anymore : (

Top Bottom