• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So guys, whatcha practicin', how do you practice, etc.?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion

You're last statement is also an example of sticking to one style: "Always try starting defensive".

Just saying...

:053:
Not really. You start defensive, and switch from there. If you start aggressivly, you'll spend up all of your kill moves. Once you get them too killing percentages it's 3x harder too kill them. Yes, start off defensive, but that's maybe for the first 30 seconds of the fight. You go for openings that your defensive game brings out, then punish.

Either way, deppending on the character you're playing against, the opponent sometimes can't do anything about your defensive game at the start of the fight.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Not really. You start defensive, and switch from there. If you start aggressivly, you'll spend up all of your kill moves. Once you get them too killing percentages it's 3x harder too kill them. Yes, start off defensive, but that's maybe for the first 30 seconds of the fight. You go for openings that your defensive game brings out, then punish.

Either way, deppending on the character you're playing against, the opponent sometimes can't do anything about your defensive game at the start of the fight.
What if going agressive is better? It doesnt occur rarely.

Besides, you dont have to spend up all of your kills moves.

:052:

LanceStern

Smash Lord

The other things is knowing when to attack, and went to retreat to that defencible position in order to not give up your advantage. That takes experience to recognize I noticed and is not really something I believe you can learn on our own except through merely playing a lot.

I really like this here, and that's something I must work on.

I definitely like to be all aggressive and I've been working on my defensive game, but I still don't know yet when to switch

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
All that needs to be done is to not use the move you plan landing a KO with. At the start you should just be trying to racking damage in any way thats possible.

Also doesnt the first(whatever that may be use) move used become refreshed after ten attacks have been used?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
What if going agressive is better? It doesnt occur rarely.

Besides, you dont have to spend up all of your kills moves.

:052:
That's all deppending on what characters you play. But according too all of the more commonly used characters in tornaments, it's better too start off with a baity defensive game. Anyway, that's all imo. My agressive game is better than my defensive. Either way, my defensive game is good enough too start with, and then punish harshley with my agressive game.

I would think knowing when too shift from agressive too defensive is all personal prefrence. Deppending on you feeling that the wolf player is gonna start outranging your ground game, or that the Toon Link player is going too start camping. But still, it is really important too switch.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I put the CPU on the other day so I could practicing bone-walks, and I got Mario. OMG I did not how much **** he could be x.x

I dont really have a "style" really I just try to bait and follow what my opponent does.
Level 9 Ness and Mario are ridiculous sometimes... Whenever I try to practice something on them they won't leave me alone for two seconds. :/ I just stick with Ganon, because he's too slow, fat, and easy to Uair string. :3

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i have bonewalking down for the most part. i have the timing and all that so i rly gotta just keep doing it til it's as easy as glide tossing. i'm about 70% on the mannypull though. I gotta just keep doing it so I don't miss the timing. I'm pretty excited about working those things into my game.

I've been practicing set-ups and just practicing speed with Peach. I'm rly focusing on speed and mobility coz I just want perfect control over my character. I gotta be flawless son. So yeah and with that ima try to learn to fight MK better or figure out better ways to deal w/ him. It's a dumb match-up I guess but it's improving my peach so idc and if worse comes to worse I still have a Snake that I still practice about half as much as my peach anyway haha.

yep, that's me as of late.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
lance, wasping is cool n stuff but i was getting at just basic buffering, the turnip techs, ledge cancels, your float pat turnarounds. i love groundfloat stuff and mixing it up but wasping might provide unneeded frames of pch being vulnerable. that's my view on it.

and yeah C spyker, one turnip mixup i've been trying to do is double jumping over ppl + z drop (spaced so the turnip hits in front of the opponent) into fastfall. then just like buffer the grab on landing.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
omg omg omg every non b-sticking peach needs to learn how to freepull without it PRONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: OMFG OMFG OMFG

Top Bottom