• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Good It Hurts - a g-reg combo video by masterwumpus

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
This is it. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you So Good It Hurts, a combo video starring g-regulate's C. Falcon, with editing done by myself, masterwumpus.

A few notes on the video:

1. I never did get all the videos I was hoping to get. I had a few over 20 matches, which as anybody who has made a combo video will tell you is not a lot. The quality of some of the matches is pretty bad, and Windows Movie Maker doesn't help that much either. With that said, I'm not trying to make excuses for the video. I don't think it needs excuses. It turned out great.
2. G-reg didn't "officially" give me the final go ahead for this, but I fixed the things he asked me to so I think it should be ready and I don't have time to upload it and make topics tomorrow. Still, if he sees something to change later, there may be another final version in the future with a few minor changes.
3. This is my last combo video. It's been fun, but all good things must come to an end and I just don't have the time anymore.
4. Leave me comments. I can't really use constructive criticism for future videos, but I would like to hear it anyways. I spent way too long working on this thing for you to watch it and not even leave me a comment.

Anyways, enough talk. Here is the good stuff:

Youtube (streaming)

Filefront (downloading)

Don't forget to comment.

<3 g-reg.

Enjoy.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^^What he said. He litterally took the words right out of my mouth.

And yet another awesome example of combo acrobatic prowess by good ol G-Regulate. Keep on Smashin!

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Good job with the combos they were excellent. The music could have been better in my opinion, but thats just me. You never turn out a bad video, masterwumpus, kudos to all you've accomplished.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
masterwumpus you are the reason I started playing Smash at all. When I saw Soldier of Fortune it sparked my thirst for competitive play. Ive gotten so much better and even made new friends because of that combo video. It just shows you how even insignificant seeming things can change someone you dont even know. I thank you for that.

This video is another showing of your mastery.

Good ****.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Last night I was like....**** I really wanna play falcon for some reason, and I come on to find this.

Godd Stuff Masterwumpus i'll miss your vids =(

Now I'm gonna go play that song on guitar hero....

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
I refused to watch it on youtube and went straight for downloading. i honestly dont have words for the video so im not even going to say anything about it.

Pine

Smash Ace
did anyone but me realize over 50% of the combos were 2 hit combos...maybe like 3 hits if u could the grab first....

if this was anyone but g regulate you wouldnt like it but just cuz its him his 3 hit combos are adaquate lol

not very good...i thought the long combos were great but there was not enough

D

Deleted member

great vid. plus the song was awesome T_T

killing in the name of - Rage against the machine how could u not rock out to that lol

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
did anyone but me realize over 50% of the combos were 2 hit combos...maybe like 3 hits if u could the grab first....

if this was anyone but g regulate you wouldnt like it but just cuz its him his 3 hit combos are adaquate lol

not very good...i thought the long combos were great but there was not enough
Why would you need a long combo if you can do what you need to do in 2 hits? This video demonstrated a lot of great tech chasing, DI chasing and move reading. Not a lot of players can think "I can continue this combo by doing NOTHING." Also notice the fox trotting to maximize tech punishing.

Whiterob: That wasn't a moonwalk lol.

Pine

Smash Ace
because a combo video isnt to show what needs to get done...its to show cool combos that can be done when you push a char to do everything you can with it

i am not saying i hated it...im saying there were too many 2 hit combos

ps arkivezero i love your sig beyond belief

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
Pine has a valid point; many of the combos were short and quick in nature. I personally find these impressive all the same due to the skill and speed of mind they require.

Also, against good opponents, it is very rare to get long combos with Falcon, no matter how skilled you are. Good opponents will DI and tech their way out of it, and only a series of successful guesses will keep the combo going. G-reg is very good at this, but since most of the clips were against very good opponents (KM, Aho, DaShizWhiz, Kirbstir, etc.) there weren't a lot of long combos. There were several though, and I hope you enjoyed those.

Thanks to everybody else who is commenting. :)

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Whiterob: That wasn't a moonwalk lol.
I think the one at 5:09 is a moonwalk

I agree.

But nonetheless, very good video.

Pine

Smash Ace
exactly wumpus...i am not against your video...it was entertaining...i just feel like from coming from the best falcon that more better combos could have been found...

but i do agree falcon is mostly a tech luck char and hard to get really long combos off

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Freaking amazing job. Awesome music pick, great gameplay, and everything about it was just awesome. Thanks for the vid! ^_^

kirbstir

Smash Lord
It's too bad nobody recorded me and greg in teams at Catonsville. He had the sickest combo on Falco I'd ever seen.

shanus

Smash Hero
epic video, and became even more epic after the falcon punches

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
Very nice. I'm not really sure about the song, though; to me it seems like it forces you to pay attention to it instead of the video, but that's probably because i've never heard it before.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Wow, i havent watched the vid yet (streaming now), but masterwumpus' video threads are amazing... in about 15 hours he already has a 3 page thread going O.o. Will edit after watching.

*Edit* With only 20 matches of g-reg u did an extremely good job with this. Sad to hear its your last video, but the combos with un-sweetspotted knees and the falcon punches were just... Almost as awesome as g-regulate. Peace

PacStrife

Smash Ace
I really enjoyed the video. Captain Falcon is simply too good. I think I enjoyed G-reg's ability to just do silly combos off reading the opponent the best. (like three up throws to a f-tilt? WTF lol) The music fit it quite well in my opinion, but music is such a personal preferance issue anyways.

Great work masterwumpus, you have gone out with one of your finest combo videos!

ps. the VA pound at the end was too fitting, great stuff

Top Bottom