• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, diddy doesn't really have any impossible matchups then?

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Idk a really good falco would scare me, if they can use their shine well... good luck.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea, I don't feel Diddy has any horrid match ups. With a little work all difficult tactics can be overcome.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
I would say nearing MK is as close to "impossible" as you get.

Dsmash spam and all...

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
MK is no better against Diddy then he is against any other characters. If anything, Diddy does a little better because bananas stop tornado/bananas on the ground help against shuttleloop cancels.

I still say Diddy's worst match up is Luigi because the way he slides. You can't followup with an attack after a banana(rA,fS,dS) unless hes against a wall/the edge.

Then the smacies cause they can reflect the banana.

No other character really has anything specific against Diddy cept for the being bigger(easier target for bananas) or faster(Sonic can get you're bananas before you're done with the dB animation)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy is even with MK, the only thing I can tell you is that you don't have enough experience with metaknight, or the player is much better than you.

I don't mean to seem like a jerk or harsh or anything, its just MK isn't impossible but he can be hard at times, but diddy does better than practically 4/5ths of te cast against him. Maybe spammy ones are the hard ones, I always fight aggressive ones.

Fiz

Smash Apprentice
i would say the difficulty of killing, good projectiles and air priority make rob an uphill match for diddy
mk is probably slightly uphill but no where neer to impossible
how about snake? on theory he will be tough for the same reasons i stated for rob but i havent really got to play snake much

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
O RLY?!?!?! marth or charizard vs. ness or lucas=lol. lucas vs zelda or pika=lol. pika vs fox=lol. etc... IC vs anyone... lol.
The best Midwest Marth (Kel) is talking about how he's been getting owned by a couple of guys playing Ness and Lucas in Cincinatti. He swears that other than the grab release stuff, the brats counter Marth.

You shouldn't buy into the idea that every matchup is strongly in one character's favor. Playstyles matter as much as characters do. The entire midwest has learned to play against ROB by playing against campy Overswarm. Yesterday, KirkQ crapped all over the midwest with ROB by playing (gasp) an aggressive ROB. He knocked out Big C, Tink, Kel, Overswarm, and Bloodhawk before losing a close set to Anther in the finals of Smash and Coffee 2. We were so used to thinking of ROB as one style that no one was prepared for another style of ROB. Playstyles changed all the matchups.

Tell that to bowser :laugh:
Ironically, Bowser is at least even with Meta, and might be a soft counter.

IDK

Smash Lord
i was thinking that when the game came out that the mother boys might be marth counters... but then the infinite CG came out... i mean seriously. one grab, they're dead. same as fighting ice climbers except the 0 death is way easier.

Top Bottom