• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So at the end of the day, which Pokemon is best?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
In the beginning, who was considered the best? (Brawl release)

In the middle, who was considered the best? ( April-Junish)

In the end, who was considered the best? (end being right now)

Thanks in advance.

PS: Why do people refer to Ivy as a girl? He's clearly a guy. Unlike the Japaneses version, in which he's a she.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
because of the jpn's version, ppl who played that game called her a girl.

but ivy was good, just that people really hated the fact of a tether, which actually isn't that bad as long as you try to knock off your opponent -_-

Onxy

Smash Lord
Ivy has a better recovery than characters like.....say Link, Ganondorf, Falcon, and such.

Fenii

Smash Rookie
In the beginning, I thought Squirtle was the best, as he could actually keep up with the faster characters. However he lacks in strength.

Strangely enough, I considered Ivysaur as the best Pokémon as he packed a real punch! (His upward smash is devastating) His problem is actually his floatiness making him a rather vulnerable target!

I have to say Charizard holds the crown at the moment. His attacks are brutal and his arial movement is a bit better than Ivy's. His good bonus is that he can keep enemies at a distance with Flamethrower, making him a lot less vurnarable. PLUS he's just plain harder to kick out the level!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
As far as overall all strength, number of kills per life, air game, ground game, and edge game (not listing the rest of the factors due to wat could be redundantcy) goes Charizard is the most capable in everyone of these departments, but unfortunatly its true Charizard is just the most capable of handling situations.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
As big of a fan as I am of Ivysaur, I'm gonna have to go Ice **** on this one. Charizard is the most versatile, in that he is most capable of dealing with any of the characters. Now, he isn't capable of dealing with every character, just better than the other two usually. Heis bad matchups aren't as bad as the other two's. As to the beginning-middle-end thing, Squirtle, Charizard or Squirtle (but not Ivy :(), and then probably Charizard. I still think that Ivy ***** heavy characters like nobody's business. though :). That's what's kinda wrong with the original premise: youhave to assume that ther is a "best" pokemon. It all comes down tothe situation, and now I'm babbling on, so I'll stop.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
What about in order? I would assume it's

Zard. (how I hate him)
Ivy(Wish he was higher...)
Squirt

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I thought everyone thought Ivy was the best in the beginning. I guess they were just too amazed to Bullet Seed and Up smash.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I can't ever remember when Ivysaur got praise for being the best. It was Squirtle at first (even M2K held him in high regard) and then Charizard...and I recall it being Charizard ever since. =/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Squirlt too good. My poke skill ranges everyday, some days its Squirt others its Ivy and then Charz. all and all they rock my matches like no one else.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
inb4charizard92

I say Squirtle is still the best. The guy's ability to keep opponents off the stage is great.
What are you doing here?!

Anyway, early on, Squirtle was considered the best, being a hit and run character, who were considered good. Charizard, was the worst, because he's a big lumbering tank, and they don't do so well.

Around the time (or because) I joined, people started to realize that Charizard was great, so doubt was falling on Ivysaur who has an awkward playstyle (and the poor recovery).

After it was realized that all of Ivysaur's problems were just difficulty related (along with Squirtle's assets), they were essentially reversed on the tier scale.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
and no one actually tries to understand PT... they kinda just say meh, i got to care for CF, MK, Snake. :/ they just assume that Ivy is a free stock.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Squirtle was good because players didnt couldnt react fast enough to block his aerials in the beginning. Ivysaur is now good now that I can use his Vine Whip move effectivly as a kill move.

Phoenix812

Smash Cadet
At first, I believe that Squirtle was considered the best out of the three because of his superior aerial game and combos. Considering the size of him, Squirtle was probably a tough opponent to kill. Right now, I think he's the second best out of the three.

Now let's think about our good friend Ivysaur. He might've been considered good at some point because of his Bullet Seed, the strength of a mid-weight, and pretty fast ground and air game. I don't this lasted very long because people soon began to realize that Ivysaur can be easily gimped. Making him virtually a free kill in the eyes of the gimper. I can't stress enough how Ivysaur's reputation has suffered because of his horrible recovery move. He's not a bad Pokemon at all. I think right now, he's the worst out of the three.

Let's move on to our favorite dragon, Charizard. He's definitely changed in terms of how much of a threat he can be. I'm thinking that Charizard is currently the best out of the three because he can handle more situations than the other two Pokemon. If the Charizard knows how to DI, it will take forever to kill him. There's Rock Smash, Flamethrower, and all his powerful ground moves. He can even glide. Amazing how much the PT game has changed.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
I think Charizard for sure.
Squirtles got the UPSmash, but not much else.
Charizard:
Good:
-Heavy
-Pretty good recovery
-GLide
Super Armor
-EASY KO

Bad:
-Big target
-A little slow

Not much else to say.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yeah, maybe he meant up tilt. Against characters with decent ranges and/or awkward hit boxes like Marth, Lucario..etc I find impossible to get in for some up tilts especially since lucario dair is pretty much instant. I have to use my aerials even more with squirtle, though it really isn't a bad thing. I do prefer charizard just because he breaks boulders on his face, but really, the glide really doesn't make him good, he just has strong decently fast attacks.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
if ivy had a better recovery(not a better tether) then i say that he would be fine.his attack speed is fine,he is the anti air monster!

Top Bottom