• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... Am I the only one who likes Brawl as it is?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Lol i usually just skip over posts
if the person joined in 08 or late 07

their opinions are completely useless
Well the same thing can be said about mine
They are the majority and the majority actually thinks brawl is better than melee

This is a brawl FINALS tournament match as in these guys actually won like 200-700 bucks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCC9NLtJBD4

I saw a total of like 3 moves used by each person (exaggeration)
but you get my point

This is a friendly match with some friends of mine at home just normal practice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxepupz1S6k

the first 10 seconds of the video had more movement the entire brawl video and that was just a friendly. something we do daily. We arnt even great we are like top 50 in our state which isnt a big deal.

Melee is greater than brawl in every way
brawl is fun but thats about it
Maybe you'll listen to me, because I joined 3 years ago and post a lot..

Not everyone who has been around for a while has the same opinion as you. Some people like the slowed down engine more. Other people can't resist playing as Snake, Olimar, or someone else new. And some people just like having a completely new game with completely new mechanics. If someone is giving their opinion that they like one game over another, does it really matter if they have 1 post, or over 9000? It's not like they're trying to give advice on how to beat someone that doesn't even work on the lv. 1 cpu because it'll move out of the way too soon...

Granted, Brawl isn't a perfect game. There were plenty of things I would have changed about the game if I were to make it. I like it more than Melee though. Does that make me wrong? No. Does that make you wrong for liking Melee more? Of course not. Discussion over.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
In my opinion,

The build up (All the updates, videos and information released) was more fun than actually playing the game.

Thanks.

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
Seeing all the constant complaining going on here, it makes me wonder. Am I the only one who likes Brawl as is? The only one not desperately looking for some magic AT that will make Brawl more "competitive?" I'm having a grand ol' time playing Brawl with my buddies, and I haven't really noticed any of the bad stuff I've seen discussed around here.

Meh. I hope I'm not alone in this.

inb4 trolling/flaming/sarcasm/old'd
You my friend aren't the only one... your one of few actually ^^ me and my friends love this game -- it's truly appreciated for what it has to offer. It's better in a way that allows for more people to step in and at least stand a chance too. (And quite personally, I like it's new floatier physics engine.)

Brawl isn't going to change... theres fact #1. Melee is probably going to be left in the dust, theres fact #2. And yes... people like to complane -- I have my days too XD ~fact #3.

Oh and designated forums usually bring the worst out in people in terms of complaning... you think here is bad go to Nsider2 smash section... it's a waste land! lol

I'd like to trade FC's with you if you have one. :)

Zoro

Smash Champion
Maybe you'll listen to me, because I joined 3 years ago and post a lot..

Not everyone who has been around for a while has the same opinion as you. Some people like the slowed down engine more. Other people can't resist playing as Snake, Olimar, or someone else new. And some people just like having a completely new game with completely new mechanics. If someone is giving their opinion that they like one game over another, does it really matter if they have 1 post, or over 9000? It's not like they're trying to give advice on how to beat someone that doesn't even work on the lv. 1 cpu because it'll move out of the way too soon...

Granted, Brawl isn't a perfect game. There were plenty of things I would have changed about the game if I were to make it. I like it more than Melee though. Does that make me wrong? No. Does that make you wrong for liking Melee more? Of course not. Discussion over.
It has definitely NOTHING to do with post counts
I dont care if you have 200000 posts your probably just a noob with alot of time to waste.

I mean there are thousands of people i can point out that joined 2 months ago and have 2000 posts. I barely posted during my first 3 years and its only now that i really post alot. I actually learned how to play the game before i made any comments on it.

What tyfighter said i completely agree with
"On this forum, it is typical that reckless and unintelligent discussion comes from new members.Post count and join date do not matter, but it is more of a stereotypical concept."

I dont think every single new person doesnt know what theyre talking about. I just think the majority dont.

I dont think everyone should share my opinion it just so happens that everyone that does is a melee veteran or someone that actually plays melee competitively.
The people that think brawl is better are the same people that argued with me that l canceling, wavedashing and every other advanced technique were useless. Brawl is easy, infinitely easier than melee and thats why everyone is suddenly going to tournaments.

I like brawl alot
Its just not as fun as melee and everyone i know agrees with me except new people ( i wonder why /sarcasm) and emmy lol (who im not sayin is a noob)

Warui

Smash Rookie
No, everyone likes brawl becaue it does not involve buttsex (ex. Melee)

Brawl is easy, infinitely easier than melee and thats why everyone is suddenly going to tournaments.
Yeah, Easier to scribble out the punk *****es that thought brawl was supposed to be melee 2.0.

Oooo I must be getting wiser and wiser in the way of the smash bros with my now 6th post because apparently according to you guys I just started playing the game 3 weeks ago and don't know what i am talking about! :embarrass

Zoro

Smash Champion
melee 2.0 oh ****

Im a punk ***** because I expected melee 2.0 I never heard anyone tell me that

original

very

Thanks for further reinforcing the point me and several other people have been saying.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Welcome to Smashboards, where your opinion is an automatic declaration of War!

Null_brawl

Smash Rookie
i love oit how it is but if they had any advanced techinque i will try to use it in orther to beat that players cus they are gay :X

Cookiez

Smash Ace
I do agree with you Zoro, however skipping over the majority posts where the poster has joined less than two years ago is nigh on moronic. I've been a member of this site for over 4 years, however due to a change in taste have since changed my username. And besides that, flaming n00bs is always fun :psycho:.

As for your sentiments on Brawl, totally agreed.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I do agree with you Zoro, however skipping over the majority posts where the poster has joined less than two years ago is nigh on moronic. I've been a member of this site for over 4 years, however due to a change in taste have since changed my username. And besides that, flaming n00bs is always fun :psycho:.

As for your sentiments on Brawl, totally agreed.
I was exaggerating i honestly dont skip over them it was just to show how useless i find the majority of posts by new comers.

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
You know, lots of people don't complain because brawl doesn't have wavedashing, l-canceling, etc...

It isn't that brawl isn't a copy of melee, its that brawl by itself has a horrible fighting style. The entire game breaks once you get really good at it. That doesn't prevent you from having a grand-ol-time with friends. I love grabbing a partner and going through the subspace emissary on intense every other week or so.

But when it comes to 1v1 matches, not only does the game move slowly and reset after every hit. When people get exceptionally good at the game, at a certain point the whole system just breaks down to who is the person approaching and who is the person standing. The standing player always wins.

Brawl is definitely superior in every other aspect than 1v1, and I plan on playing it competitively, but by doing speed runs of subspace rather than 1v1 duels. I'll still continute to play melee at any 1v1 tournaments I can find.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I've played Smash since the beginning. Smash64, Melee, and now Brawl.
I just recently joined this forum only because Brawl got me very interested in Smash. Melee didn't get me interested enough, nor did Smash64.

Overall, Brawl is the better game out the three.

AwesomeChaos

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I agree. I have more fun with Brawl than I ever did with Melee. People should just get used to the fact that its a new game.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
I have a 2003 join date so people must listen to me -_-. Seriously, unless the person is a complete space-out, it's always courteous to at least read what they have to say.

Anyway, I like Smash64, Melee, and Brawl. However, I like them all for different reason. Melee will always be the "strategic and technical" game, so I take a strong preference to that. While Brawl is a fun party game, I don't find myself enjoying it as much as I had hoped unfortunately. Sure, the character selection is great and there are some changes I actually liked (auto-grab ledges for example), but there are too many changes which make it not as enjoyable as Melee. As for Smash64, while it may seem relatively basic, it is still more of a complex game than Brawl (L-cancel, combos, easily gimped recoveries).

Brawl is fun, but unless I come across some ground-breaking tactic favoring the offensive player (me), I plan on going back and forth on all 3 SSB games (as soon as Smash64 comes out on the VC...).

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think people who love Brawl and think it is a great game have very low standards. Brawl is OK, it's not bad, but not too far on the positive side either.

Top Bottom