• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... Am I the only one who likes Brawl as it is?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Brawl rox

I'm a "Casual" Smasher as well. So most would say no duh. But the reason I love brawl so much, is the time I've spent on these boards. I never saw people crying,and worrying when we didn't know the whole roster. Is there such thing as Casual and Competitive Speculating? Probably not.

Anyways, I've had months of sleepless nights wondering if Sonic was in Brawl. He eventually got in, and I play him more often then any other character I play as (My secondaries being Pikachu, Ness, and Luigi). Because I'm not competitive, I was NOT awaiting "Advanced Techs" I was not awaiting "Wavedashing. I was not awaiting anything to do with Tourneys. I was only awaiting for one thing: Characters, Stages, and basically THE GAME ITSELF. I respect and will continue to play Brawl at least once per day for a while. I have experienced Sad Deconfirmations, Confirmations, and tons and tons of Speculation that never hurt anyone. THAT is what made me love Brawl, I have never speculated a game as long as I had Brawl.

I respect all who go to tourneys, but why do some of them have to bother us Casual folk that just want to ENJOY Brawl?

abgar

Smash Apprentice
A few years later....

Super Smash Bros Explosion! for the Nintendo Fundi!

People: ITS NOT LIKE BRAWL! IT SUCKSS!!!!111!!

Newskool

Smash Cadet
Lol wow if you like Brawl over melee you must be on drugs. People are complaining about brawl because brawl is basicly a joke compared to the rest of the smash series(mainly melee). They made it easy to win by spamming special moves, and for the skillfull player things such as decrease in hitstun, and way slowered speed, and the "floatiness" has decreased the competitive part of this game (by a lot, so much you better just quit now). Brawl is slow as hell if you people havent noticed, but people who werent even good at melee are saying "oh why dont you like brawl? it has so many characters and it looks way better than melee!" Unfortenately there are people here like me who actually like melee for its deepness and its long "lastivity" and its ammount of mindgame and not for its "pretty colors". Yes it is true that its easy to go from melee to brawl, because brawl is so basic, but its hard to go the other way. Try playing melee now, you will never go back to brawl. As for me i quit brawl, the worst part was i had like 10 people in my friendslist and i was the best. But i see no future in this game, none at all.

I was waiting for brawl for so long, hoping it would be almost like melee, because melee is god. But when the game came out i played all night and for the springbreak i played hours and hours. I kept saying "This game has to be deeper, something will come" But as almost a month went by i lost all hope of this game. Once i got back to melee i noticed how much better as a game it really was, so you noobs (people who like brawl mainly) please, please shutup about this argument, you cant win, just admit melee is better, not only that but that brawl sucks. While yal brawl players are seeming in your little puddle of skill, the melee players had a whole ocean to explore. The worst part is that melee still has things to be discovered. Im out, i wont interrput until i see some good post from people who know what im talking about. Yal brawl players complain all you want, we wont stop until we get what we want.:p
Dear god man, do you make love to your copy of melee?

Melee is not the perfect game. Sorry to bring you the news.

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
I played Melee the other day and I forgot how awesome it feels to actually combo somebody into oblivion.

I like Brawl but I can't see myself playing it in a few years like I did with Melee. There was so much ground to cover in Melee and I was hoping that'd be enhanced in Brawl but sadly, that wasn't the case. Now I'm just hoping for a SSB4 and seeing how that'd turn out.

Haji

Smash Rookie
Time is all that is needed to straighten this argument out... Hang on to your seats boys and girls, it's going to be a bumpy ride...

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I don't like about Brawl is the ****storm it created. F*ck, even tripping doesn't bother me as much as the incessant whining.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
It takes longer to unlearn and relearn things than it does to learn them from scratch. When you learn smash in SSB64, it should be a bit longer to convert from the 64 to melee than someone whose first game is melee. You do something for long enough and you'll accept it as truth, or the ultimate, or something like that. Moving from melee to brawl is no different. Although I think that the 64 to Melee transitions was more of a challenge than the Melee to Brawl, it still took smash vets out of their comfort zone. Tripping is hated by many who played a great deal of melee, but my little brother whose first real smash experience was brawl doesn't seem to even notice. I love brawl, and I love melee. Brawl is not perfect, but it's pretty darn close. Melee is that way as well, but I've played it a bit too much to pay as much attentin to it as Brawl. We all at one point or another thought to ourselves while playing the game or skimming the dojo, "Argh, if only that had/hadn't done that..." or "Dang it, if only I [noun] was used instead of [noun] or was just put in/not used them/it all together...", and that's only natural. This game was hyped to the point where it was viewed as the greatest thing since [insert your own favorite thing here]. I knew it coud never fill those shoes and I'm sure many of you did as well. But it was, and is, awesome. I like Brawl the way it is, but anyone who says that this game could not be improved is lying (I'm gonna stop here to avoid going into a loop).

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
finally, some1 who agrees! i like brawl as it is. even if it has stupid clones and no sora or banjo kazooie, or limited things on stage builder and only 2 min battles with any1 on wifi. i still like it the way it is. EVERYONE HAS become spoiled little brats on here. "LYKE 0MGZZ THIS GAME SUCKS MELEE IS BETTER!1! OMG" LIKE NEWS FLASH PPL-this game is the best game in the smash bros series. smash bros 64 was 2nd best. and honestly melee happens to be the worst in the series. U PPL R FORGETTING ABOUT SBB64! Anyways in conclusion smash bros brawl rocks! I've said enough that is wat needed to be said ;] psssh melee n00bs who dont even have a n64 D;

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Each time that a scrub says that Brawl is so much more balanced, a videogame playing angel dies...

stop saying that bull****, its not true

Edit: lol... i just read an idiotic post about melee being the worst one... lol... scrubs these times huh, was soul calibur 3 also the best one?, and soul calibur 1 sucked cuz the graphics werent " Da ****z111!!!!11"?

Scrubs these days...., and im sure you also play DOA4 and you think its good... lolz

Corigames

Smash Hero
Evidentially, because not everyone takes what they are given with a smile on their face and a complementary thank you, we are selfish brats.

I suppose any revolution ranging anywhere from human rights to freedom of religion is only a result of people who are self-centered and active. What a shame, I thought we were suppose to idolize people who made positive changes even if it was to bite that proverbial hand that feeds, but I suppose such things are just not true.

Woe is me.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Oh, noes, someone with a different opinion! I must now go on a killing spreeeeeeee!!

They're both great games, guys. How about we grow up a little bit before posting.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
Each time that a scrub says that Brawl is so much more balanced, a videogame playing angel dies...

Edit: lol... i just read an idiotic post about melee being the worst one... lol... scrubs these times huh, was soul calibur 3 also the best one?, and soul calibur 1 sucked cuz the graphics werent " Da ****z111!!!!11"?

Scrubs these days...., and im sure you also play DOA4 and you think its good... lolz

scrub? ha! n00b! soul calibar sucks! ur just a n00b who doesnt own a nintendo 64. u make me laugh

Ichida

Smash Ace
Sundown said:

Starizzle said:
scrub? ha! n00b! soul calibar sucks! ur just a n00b who doesnt own a nintendo 64. u make me laugh
Conversations like this are the most IQ-decreasing thing anyone has ever had to read... <.<;

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Do I like Brawl as it is. No. I love it.

I'm not going to comment on other people's opinions, but I love playing Brawl as it is now. Although I have to agree with Circus earlier. Smash Champ, why so much anger?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
We all have different opinions in reguards to different games. Sure, some may like Melee more than Brawl and visa-versa. Continuously ranting on about "How could you like Melee more" or "Only casual players like Brawl" will solve nothing. Convincing others to like a game more will only end in failure. Also, there seems to be too much flaming towards different tastes and styles of gameplay, respect towards others opinion is scarce, but some do use it.

(For the ranting examples, do not flame me for the steriotypical complaints that are brought up)

Axelguy4realz

Smash Cadet
Here is my opinion and its pretty long:

Reasons why Brawl is better than melee for ME: I like fighting games. The genre as a whole. I usually play a fighting game so much I become impossibly good at them. All my friends like them too but they are not near as good as me. So i usually end up playing against computers all the time. In melee I learned how to wavedash all that good stuff. I anhialated my friends. I'm still in highschool and my mom is pretty paranoid about me talking on the internet with people. Now my friends did not know how to wavedash let alone waveshine like I did. Now I never had someone else to be competetive with in melee.But in the dumbed down brawl they can ALMOST beat me. we actually have close matches.So thates mainly why.

Reason why Brawl is worse than melee: Now I Don't care about trophies or anything like that. But I really liked When I first learned all the Advanced techs and showing them off to my friends. It was a great feeling.

But after a few battles they got sick of losing and stop playing with me. for good.

all this is IMO.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
One question.... why are idiots saying that SB64 and Brawl are so alike?, cuz they are both slower than melee?

If i remember correctly... the punishment for fuking up in 64 was even worse than the punishment than fuking up in meleee... compared to the "punishment (that bull**** is hardly punishment) that exists in Brawl... if i remember correctly, throws actually fuked u up in 64... more as in melee... compared to the bull**** that throws in Brawl are (except for maybe D3s...) If i remember correctly, hit stun in 64 was ridiculously big, compared to Melees sufficient hit stun, and to Brawls unexistent hitstun.

So why the *** are scrubs like starshizzle going around saying people dont own or played smash 64... saying that brawl is good, comparing it almost in equal sence as smash 64... when Brawl is NOT like smash 64, and obviously not like melee.... Brawl is a game for people that dont want to spend time to get good at it.

And im still sure you think DOA4 is good scrub, u know who u are :)

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
Actually, aside from tripping, I actually like Brawl a lot. I just think its stupid that they decided to force such a random gameplay mechanic into every match without even letting us turn it off.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
The only reason I got bored with Melee is because I almost always won every match I've played against humans. No scrubs either- these were some **** good players.

I guess I like Brawl better because... well, I dunno.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
While yal brawl players are seeming in your little puddle of skill, the melee players had a whole ocean to explore. The worst part is that melee still has things to be discovered. Im out, i wont interrput until i see some good post from people who know what im talking about. Yal brawl players complain all you want, we wont stop until we get what we want.:p
The reason why Melee had "so much to explore" was because it was left unfinished and so of course there was going to be some loopholes in the controls.
It was "deep" because it was faulty.

'Sides, I can bet 90% of the reason people are saying that noobs can beat pros it only seems like this because the game is new and at the beginning everyone is at the same level. -rolls eyes- Over the years some people will start to stand out, but for now of course it's nothign big.

Seriously though, instead of whining go play Melee and STFU. No one is preventing you from playing it. No? Then just simply shut up because you bought and play the game anyway.

Corigames

Smash Hero
No one is preventing you from playing it.
Majorly funded tournament organizers.

They all switched to Brawl, without hesitation of course. They also have big turn outs because so many complete scrubs show up with their turbo button controllers, disbelieve of tiers, and horror stories of how they got their ***** beat in melee. That means the big organizers are making more money. Why would they stop? The only way to get ehm to would be to boycott Brawl tournaments, but that's not fair to people who suck at melee is it?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Majorly funded tournament organizers.

They all switched to Brawl, without hesitation of course. They also have big turn outs because so many complete scrubs show up with their turbo button controllers, disbelieve of tiers, and horror stories of how they got their ***** beat in melee. That means the big organizers are making more money. Why would they stop? The only way to get ehm to would be to boycott Brawl tournaments, but that's not fair to people who suck at melee is it?
Welcome to the Real World, buddy.
Sorry, but you can't blame Nintendo for fixing up glitches from Melee.
And I'm one of those scrubs. :) Odd that I kept getting beaten despite practicing for hours against someone who didn't play an eighth as much.

Top Bottom