• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... Am I the only one who likes Brawl as it is?

abgar

Smash Apprentice
the pros hate it because anyone can win now.

I really like the game, and wont play melee for like 3 years playing this one.

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
i love brawl with all of my heart and soul.
no matter how much incessant whining occurs about it,that will never change.

r.o.b=
<3

The Director

Smash Lord
Seeing all the constant complaining going on here, it makes me wonder. Am I the only one who likes Brawl as is?
No, you're not the only one but you are one of the few.

The majority of the people on here are *****ing about how Brawl is so much different than Melee. I mean, seriously? Did you really think it would be the same game? Just because Fox and Sheik were nerfed beyond belief doesn't give you people the right to make high gravity mode the new competitive smash.

Oh, and btw: high gravity mode will NEVER be the official competitive smash. Deal with it and learn a heavyweight.

Corigames

Smash Hero
the pros hate it because anyone can win now.
Is that a bad reason or something? It seems legit to me if someone bases their life around something and any poor shmuck can come along and do just as good... that's BS. That's communist.

Thinking that Brawl is completely balanced or that every player has a right to win regardless of practice is communist.

Brawl supporters are communist.

Brawl is communist.

mickeyk90

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to come out of the closet in this thread

Absolutely I DO like brawl as it is

I barely knew about the competitive scene in smash since October
Brawl gave everyone a fresh start which was a good thing for me

also I am susceptible to change

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
Give the game some **** time. Wavedashing wasn't found the first month nor first year. Brawl hasn't even been out for a MONTH, and people are complaining. Take a tissue.

rove

Smash Apprentice
In some parts of brawl I like more then melee.
But with brawl theres just more stuff to do, and now I actually like playing with fox now because he is just more easyer to manage and I dont mess up at all with him anymore.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Brawl is perfect as it is. Anyone not satisfied can seriously bite me. I'm wholly sick of wavedashing Melee *******s complaining. I've been relatively civil on the matter; no more.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I agree completely. I love Brawl. To me it makes it so everyone can win, and I just all around love it. I mean I could maybe complain a tiny bit about something or other but I usually don't, because it is all around GREATOU!!!!! (as Kawamura from The Prince of Tennis would say :D Along with a BURNING!!!!) XDD

Corigames

Smash Hero
Brawl is perfect as it is. Anyone not satisfied can seriously bite me. I'm wholly sick of wavedashing Melee *******s complaining. I've been relatively civil on the matter; no more.
I'm wholly sick of incapable new people saying that us "old folk" are ruining and whining because we don't have advanced tactics.

YOU ARE JUST EXCITED BECAUSE YOU LIKE A GAME THAT TAKES NO SKILL TO PLAY! AND OMG, WOULDN'T BE COINCIDENCE THAT YOU ARE GOOD AT IT?

gb2 this:

It's basically Brawl.

LoVer

Smash Cadet
I like the game as is. And it doesn't really matter whether it is or is not a better/more competitive game than melee. The days of melee are over.

Ichida

Smash Ace
I'm wholly sick of incapable new people saying that us "old folk" are ruining and whining because we don't have advanced tactics.

YOU ARE JUST EXCITED BECAUSE YOU LIKE A GAME THAT TAKES NO SKILL TO PLAY! AND OMG, WOULDN'T BE COINCIDENCE THAT YOU ARE GOOD AT IT?

gb2 this:
http://www.gadgetshop.com/media/gadgetshop/products/ProductGalleryImage1/224048.jpg

It's basically Brawl.
I never proclaimed to be a skilled Brawler. I just prefer it over Melee. Since you don't like it, don't play it. One less Melee ascetic to clog up the servers. What are you even doing in Brawl Discussion?

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Is that a bad reason or something? It seems legit to me if someone bases their life around something and any poor shmuck can come along and do just as good... that's BS. That's communist.

Thinking that Brawl is completely balanced or that every player has a right to win regardless of practice is communist.

Brawl is communist.
Thankyou corey, and i agree with this **** communism. ,You noobs who like Brawl have no opinion in this, the only thing keeping Brawl alive is its newness, the game will die down. I was talking to people who like Brawl over melee and it is clear to me, people who like brawl are big noobs, casual players, thats what we complain about. This game is not competitive at all, yes ofcourse the better melee players will mostly win, but someone who even understands a little how to play will be able to get close. You people make me sick, ive been on countless sites posting about smash and getting better, figuring out tecniques, while Brawl seems to be in my mind losing its competitive crowd rapidly while the noobs say its the best game ever, the only reason Brawl got all this hype was because melee was a god, but this gods son which is Brawl has been born retarted. Im going to fight for melee no matter what, sure yall say that most people switched to brawl, unfortanetly most of this people are dumb ignorant people who hated melee for its competitiveness, and thats what smash is all about. Hell Brawl is like Tic Tac Toe, theres a limit on how good you can get, and thats why Brawl sucks. You brawl likers are communist, you want fair play for everyone no matter how much they practice, and we people who are skilled dont like communism.:mad:

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Um....wow. If it means being someone like you, I'd gladly remain a "casual" and a "noob". Such a miserable person...

Anyways, this topic is kind of dumb. I always find "Am I the only one" topics a little stupid, because quite obviously, you will never be unique. There are a ton of people in this world, and you will never be the only one...in anything.

To answer it, I do like Brawl the way it is. I'm not even going to touch the competitive aspect, because it's just the same, tired, boring argument.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Except for this guy, cos obviously absoultely nothing could be done to improve Brawl. :chuckle:
For me, personally, not a thing. Brawl delivers on every level. It's going to be a fun seven years. :)

gb2 this:
http://www.gadgetshop.com/media/gadgetshop/products/ProductGalleryImage1/224048.jpg

It's basically Brawl.
Poor, poor corey. He's still coming to grips with the fact that Nintendo made a game that emphasizes pure fun over technical experience & reflexes - and people actually like it better! Try and be understanding guys, as he goes through this difficult period of deciding when to move to a Street Fighter or Soul Calibur forum.

Thankyou corey, and i agree with this **** communism. ,You noobs who like Brawl have no opinion in this, the only thing keeping Brawl alive is its newness, the game will die down. I was talking to people who like Brawl over melee and it is clear to me, people who like brawl are big noobs, casual players, thats what we complain about. This game is not competitive at all, yes ofcourse the better melee players will mostly win, but someone who even understands a little how to play will be able to get close. You people make me sick, ive been on countless sites posting about smash and getting better, figuring out tecniques, while Brawl seems to be in my mind losing its competitive crowd rapidly while the noobs say its the best game ever, the only reason Brawl got all this hype was because melee was a god, but this gods son which is Brawl has been born retarted. Im going to fight for melee no matter what, sure yall say that most people switched to brawl, unfortanetly most of this people are dumb ignorant people who hated melee for its competitiveness, and thats what smash is all about. Hell Brawl is like Tic Tac Toe, theres a limit on how good you can get, and thats why Brawl sucks. You brawl likers are communist, you want fair play for everyone no matter how much they practice, and we people who are skilled dont like communism.:mad:
Tisk, tisk, so much anger. If you like Melee so much, go play it. No reason to get angry at the folks who prefer the new and improved version.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Um....wow. If it means being someone like you, I'd gladly remain a "casual" and a "noob". Such a miserable person...

Anyways, this topic is kind of dumb. I always find "Am I the only one" topics a little stupid, because quite obviously, you will never be unique. There are a ton of people in this world, and you will never be the only one...in anything.

To answer it, I do like Brawl the way it is. I'm not even going to touch the competitive aspect, because it's just the same, tired, boring argument.
Lol its people like you that we complain about, we want strong skilled players in smashboards, this isnt just a game to a lot of people here, melee was a big part of a lot of our lives. Anyways we wont stop complaining until yal realize what we mean, communism never wins.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice

Don't like Brawl? What's the matter, too CASUAL for you?

(I would insert that dog picture here if I knew how to do it)

Zixion

Smash Cadet
I miss melee mechanics. I can admit losing AT's, but I would do anything for a bit more gravity (no, no gravity mode) and ledge game.

I rarely turn items on, and i didn't enjoyed it until I found my main and felt comfortable with the mechanics. Now I can't stop playing.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I am fine with brawl, i like this game, could used some l cancle, but i will have a lot of fun with this game for a long time

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Lol its people like you that we complain about, we want strong skilled players in smashboards, this isnt just a game to a lot of people here, melee was a big part of a lot of our lives. Anyways we wont stop complaining until yal realize what we mean, communism never wins.
You, sir, need to lighten up.

Videogames only serve one purpose: to have fun. What you find fun or not is your bussiness. But attacking people because they play a videogame differently is pretty pathetic.

Please get a life.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
People like ME that you complain about? I'm honoured! I didn't realize that when I signed up for Smash Boards, they were looking for strong, skilled players alone. Hell, I thought that if you were a fan of Smash Brothers and you wanted to talk to other players, you could come here. I guess I was wrong!

And you know what? It's wonderful that Melee was such a big part of your life. Which is why I find it so interesting that instead of trying to save Melee, doing something productive that can keep it alive, you're here complaining about Brawl and those who like it. You're just sitting there saying, "Melee is old and no one will want to play it, so I should just spend my time complaining about the game I find inferior and unenjoyable."

Okay, so you don't like it. You find Melee to be a better game to test your skills, and you're upset over the way Brawl turned out. Big deal. Get over it. I can see what you're saying, but I don't really care. If Melee players care that much, they should band together and do something about it. I enjoy playing Brawl. I like being able to compete with my friends in person using my favourite Nintendo characters. I like being able to compete with people all over the world, especially when there's no lag. If I understand how to play and I'm able to do well against my opponent, that's wonderful.

If I'm a noob or a casual...I'd gladly take that title over being a veteran *** that can't accept what people like.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
You, sir, need to lighten up.

Videogames only serve one purpose: to have fun. What you find fun or not is your bussiness. But attacking people because they play a videogame differently is pretty pathetic.

Please get a life.
Oh wow videogames are for fun, well this is a site were you meet people to set up tournaments and talk about the games skills and combo's and advanced techniques, however, brawl has none of those except these this "Brawl tournaments" which its sad,so you should go off and play brawl and have your little fun. You know whats fun? playing a game that you actually can get better at, melee can almost be compared to a sport, brawl can be compared to well Tic Tac Toe. So dont tell me to calm down, this game no longer involves thinking, but spamming and saying "its fun".

Nok2

Smash Cadet
I'm tired of the complaining brawl's only been out for not even a full month..... It took years for Melee to get to the level it was competatively. Be Patient!!!! Brawl is a great game.

Nok2

Smash Cadet
I'm tired of the complaining brawl's only been out for not even a full month..... It took years for Melee to get to the level it was competitively. Be Patient!!!! Brawl is a great game.

Wrath`

Smash Master

sir what you are promoting is toatlitarianism, wow, yeah you are the smash *******, i am a competitor striving to be good to, but of coaurse i like the item and FS fun this game offers, you need to stop feeling mighty bashing others

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Oh wow videogames are for fun, well this is a site were you meet people to set up tournaments and talk about the games skills and combo's and advanced techniques, however, brawl has none of those except these this "Brawl tournaments" which its sad,so you should go off and play brawl and have your little fun. You know whats fun? playing a game that you actually can get better at, melee can almost be compared to a sport, brawl can be compared to well Tic Tac Toe. So dont tell me to calm down, this game no longer involves thinking, but spamming and saying "its fun".
Proper sentense structure is your friend, Smash champ.

Newsflash: this is a forum where fans of Smashbros can talk about whatever they wish. Period. That includes, but is not limited to, "games skills and combo's and advanced techniques."

Yes, Melee was fun. But people found it fun for different reasons. Not everyone cares about advanced techniques, and there is nothing wrong with that. Neither is there anything wrong with the way you play. That's because its just a videogame.

How you play a videogame is irrelivant. Treating your fellow forum posters with respect is far more important.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
I love Brawl. Save for No More Heroes this is my favorite Wii game.

I only have a couple of complaints but they don't completley ruin the experience and pretty much I only have two complaints that drive me nuts

1. Tripping
2. ******** AI that doesn't understand the meaing of Free for All

Edit:

After getting a question answered

3. Pity Final Smashes - just plain ******** mechanic.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I completely understand why competitive Smashers haven't warmed up to Brawl. That said, casual Smashers exist on this board too (and we're just as welcome here as you are). Many of us like Brawl, as you said. Apparently, this offends you. But I'm curious as to why. Because from my point of view, you seem awfully angry at nothing.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is a fine game, sure.

As it is, it needs much more improvements. Especially since people were throwing it on an altar as "t3h bestest game EV4RRRR!!" months before it even released.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
3. Pity Final Smashes - just plain ******** mechanic.
Just turn off Final Smashes, and that will put an end to it.

I completely understand why competitive Smashers haven't warmed up to Brawl. That said, casual Smashers exist on this board too (and we're just as welcome here as you are). Many of us like Brawl, as you said. Apparently, this offends you. But I'm curious as to why. Because from my point of view, you seem awfully angry at nothing.
Here, here!

Newskool

Smash Cadet

gb2 this:

It's basically Brawl.
Have you even seen a high level brawl match yet?

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice

gb2 this:

It's basically Brawl.

I find it hard to understand this logic. Yes, Brawl is a easier game to pick up and run with BUT just buying it won't make you as good as the pro's. There is still core game mechanics that need to be learned and rigorously mastered through hours of Brawling. You cannot simply say "But with all the lack of 'advanced techniques' all t3h n00bs are just as good as me". Players are closer in skill, yes. Equal? If you really are good at smashing then others being good, but not better than you shouldn't bother you in the slightest. 134rn |3r@w1.
-Link-

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, this thread is alive?

Brawl is communist.
Holy crap you sound like my old calculus teacher.

Plz don't generalize, not all competitive players hate Brawl.

Also @ The_Smash_Champ & coreygames:

Why are you even in the Brawl boards and not the Melee boards? To troll?

Top Bottom