• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNK Character Rep For Smash

What SNK Character do you want Playable in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

• Terry Bogard

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • Kyo Kusanagi

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Iori Yagami

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Athena Asamiya

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Mai Shiranui

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Geese Howard

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Haohmaru

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nakoruru

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Marco Rossi(Metal Slug)

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Kim Kaphwan

• Other

• Total voters

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Well if I had to put money on it, I'd say Terry is the most likely but there are a lot of characters to chose from given that King of Fighters was Smash before Smash.

Athena, Mia, Metal Slug characters, Rugal, Geese Howard or the ones they put front and centre on modern KOF games that I can not remember the names of.
Honestly, Rugal or Orochi Rugal would be amazing (Orochi maybe being his final smash. transforms for a while or just long enough to do some big attack on whomever is close enough). He's a pretty swag looking dude with awesome looking attacks while also being pretty brutal. Always felt like the MBison of Fatal Fury

Voe

Smash Journeyman
With all of these leaks pointing towards a female character as the next dlc, I'm kind of convinced it's going to be Nakoruru. If not her then it's most likely Terry.
If Terry gets in I wonder if they'll do what they did for Corrin/Robin/Inkling/WFT/PT/Villager etc. and include this.

Official Nintendo Published Video BTW.
Honestly I can see that happening, and wouldn't mind Female Terry as an alt for Terry. It's looking like it's finally time for Smash Bros to get an SNK character, and personally I REALLY want it to be Marco from Metal Slug. At the very least Marco and Fio could be Mii Gunner costume sets (Male & Female options) that could come with the SNK rep.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
welp Sabi said straight up on Discord that it's not a female character so I've got a lot of egg on my face.

I guess it's going to be Kyo.

EDIT: never mind that screen was fabricated

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
As someone who supports Terry Bogard and Mai Shiranui for Smash Bros. I 100% support an SNK rep for Smash, heck I also support either Roddy or Cathy from Top Hunter getting into Smash Bros or Elta from Magician Lord. (I think SNK bought all of ADK's IPs and even when they were a separate company they had an exclusive contract with SNK so a World Heroes rep such as Janne or Fuuma or the adformentioned Elta wouldn't be impossible.)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Comprehensive

:What is SNK
:What is a Beat em UP
:What Significance does the Genre hold
:What could the Genre Bring to a Character
:Character Options
:Why this leak is popular now (leak video)

This is all needed in first post.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
TBH I never thought SNK would even have a chance. But at least I'd be way more excited for one of their inclusions than say.. from Bamco.

Here's the Top 5 I would like to see (in no particular order).

Nakoruru:
Uses a dagger and a bird to attack. She could probably also use the bird to hover like Peach/Daisy do. She could easily implement attacks from already present fighters, plus a few new ones, but the end result would be more than the sum of these parts.

Mai Shiranui:
Immediately recognizeable, and a fan favorite to many. Another ninja, but a very unique one at that, since she uses a fan to attack, and fire attacks.

Haohamaru:
Great characater with even greater hair style. Finally a katana-wielder in the roster (we could argue that Eight uses a katana... but I dunno, looks like a chinese broadsword to me). My only worry here is that I feel Mii Swordsman feels like a mini spoof of Haohamaru. Other than that, this guy was basically Neo Geo's mascot for a while.

Athena:
An extremely likeable character with fun abilities. Naturally they'd go for the KoF version because I don't think the Arcade Athena is that popular.
The biggest draw to this character HAS to be having 8 DIFFERENT alt. costumes. Because she basically gets a new outfit every KoF, so Sakurai would definitely want to represent that.

Marco:
A bit tied with Terry, but Terry is the predictable choice. And while I don't know a whole lot about Metal Slug, I feel he'll have a really unique moveset. (Also, probably having alts for other Metal Slug characters?).

EDIT:
If we do get a KOF character, I would love the trailer to reflect all the KOF fanfare (because it's usually a huge tournament event in the games, and it's usually a particular character/boss/subboss that gives out the invitation, so... huge opportunity here).

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
while i get the feeling that the silly nakoruru "leak" has gained certainly a ton more weight, i would still not say its completely on it.

I personally don't like much terry... a little boring like ryu, but waaay less iconic than ryu, and i would prefer they going for some interesiting KoF characters.
SNK does love terry though ... thats a fact DX.

Still, sometimes it feels that with teh exception of ryu and ken for obvious reasons, smash doesn't try to go with obvious crossovers candidates that have been used recently for crossover games. Terry bogard, Haomaru and even geese have seen the spotlight recently in other games (talk about a snk revival).

Also i think that due to the stupidity of SNK bosses and their infame, i don't find they putting a SNK villian as a representative too farfetched, although the biggest candidate geese, have also been used recently.... (Here comes friggin RUGAL!!!!)

I personally would love to see Iori yagami.. designiwise i really like the Iori / Kyo duo and rivalry... but i think that iori stands better on it's own, while kyo feels more interesting when you juxtapose him to Iori.

Regarding Metal slug... it would be very weird... but sweet, haven't played much metal slug (40 mins aprox) but that minutes were a blast. tons of character that can work like a bowser junior / hero situation for extra punch.

Now... you know what King of fighters rep would be a friggin blast (even for non KoF fans like myself) that would blow everyone away and completely up an otherwise slightly underwhelming reveal?

A full King Of fighters 3 figthers team, like pokemon trainer.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't think they'd go all the way like that... unless... they follow a pattern I just kicked up:

Joker: Arsene aside, it's a pretty straightforward character.
Hero: Very gimmicky character.
Banjo: Straightforward character.
Terry/KOF team: Gimmicky character (3-in-1).
Final character: Straightforward.

Also, I don't think it'd go Pokemon Trainer style with the switching and everything. But more like... you beat one, the next one comes out. So essentially, a forced Stamina Mode meets Squad Strike kinda character. IF they go as far as make it a 3-in-1 character. And you get to pick the order in which they come out.

And I would love that.
But my gut tells me, it'll be Terry, he'll have the auto turn around mechanic from Ryu and Ken, and a SUPER Bar that fills like the K.O. Meter, and you can execute a powered up version of your specials. (So I guess more like Limit Break?).

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I don't think they'd go all the way like that... unless... they follow a pattern I just kicked up:

Joker: Arsene aside, it's a pretty straightforward character.
Hero: Very gimmicky character.
Banjo: Straightforward character.
Terry/KOF team: Gimmicky character (3-in-1).
Final character: Straightforward.

Also, I don't think it'd go Pokemon Trainer style with the switching and everything. But more like... you beat one, the next one comes out. So essentially, a forced Stamina Mode meets Squad Strike kinda character. IF they go as far as make it a 3-in-1 character. And you get to pick the order in which they come out.

And I would love that.
But my gut tells me, it'll be Terry, he'll have the auto turn around mechanic from Ryu and Ken, and a SUPER Bar that fills like the K.O. Meter, and you can execute a powered up version of your specials. (So I guess more like Limit Break?).
probably more like performing EX versions of a move, which I believe SNK fighting games use like SF does. If they get a special bar, that is. I don't think it'll be like Limit where the moves are overly powerful but make them faster and deal a tad more damage and knockback, since they're usually used as combo extenders or 'desperation' moves.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
["I suppose I'll get my chance another day" intensifies]

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wait.

If Heihachi gets in the next DLC wave... not only will we have Capcom vs. SNK...

We'll have Namco vs. Capcom vs. SNK.

It will be allowed to happen for the first time in history.
One thing though. How long does the mourning period for a voice actor/seiyuu in Japan typically last before casting someone new for a character? Assuming the Pac-cameo doesn't affect anything.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
One thing though. How long does the mourning period for a voice actor/seiyuu in Japan typically last before casting someone new for a character? Assuming the Pac-cameo doesn't affect anything.
Heihachi is already going to appear in a mobile game, fully voiced. If memory serves, it's a crossover with SNK even!

So my guess is either pre recorded voicelines or someone else, since Heihachi has had more than one voice actor.

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday was a Big Win that we finally got a SNK Character Rep in Super Smash Bros Ultimate and it was Terry Bogard :D

KatKit

Smash Lord
Wait.

If Heihachi gets in the next DLC wave... not only will we have Capcom vs. SNK...

We'll have Namco vs. Capcom vs. SNK.

It will be allowed to happen for the first time in history.
Not the first time... Tekken 7 has Akuma and Geese in it. Regardless, I'd love to see Heihachi playable in Smash.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Not the first time... Tekken 7 has Akuma and Geese in it. Regardless, I'd love to see Heihachi playable in Smash.
Yeah, true. To be fair, I posted this a bit after the reveal and the hype hadn't died down yet.

You could say I was not okay.

To quote Maximillian Dood, Namco has helped make the next CvS before Capcom or SNK twice now: Tekken 7 and Smash Ultimate.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So...I'd considered a possible Metal Slug character when I heard about the SNK leak, and my initial thoughts on it were "They're basically like a Contra character. And I'd much rather have a Contra character."

Then I saw the suggestion that the Metal Slug character just ALWAYS be riding in the tank. That it's really the tank that's the character, and you could have Marco, Tarma, Eri or Fio riding it, Bowser Jr. style. And that idea makes me much more interested in the character.

1567844292100.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom