• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snap's peach video thread! *UPDATED 4/22/09*

SnAp..

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, these are the only vids i have online atm, but let me know what you think. I'm only 14 but i want to get good and respected with peach :)

If any of you know who Fogo is, he's my brother, and he's teaching me how to play brawl :laugh:

Snap(Peach) vs. Bwett(Yoshi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeq0bMItXyo

Snap(Peach) vs. Shuz(Wolf)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7t_ZEE_h4A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW!

Fogo(D3) vs. Snap(Peach) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ztp_DAVW0

Fogo(D3) vs. Snap(Peach) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcg7a-3GHzo&feature=related

Fogo(D3) vs. Snap(Peach) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9th32ypy3U&feature=related

Fogo(D3) vs. Snap(Peach) 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vckiu9PUG4k&feature=channel_page

Fogo(D3) vs. Snap(Peach) 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKrCdwy2XnI&feature=channel_page

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression that the video archive was only to provide videos of Peach playing, not to criticize a specific person's play style.

Villi

Smash Lord
I watched your Wolf video. The mistake that killed you twice was hesitating on the ledge. You don't have to recover right away, but don't just hang there. Stall a couple of times while you watch what your opponent is doing. Drop down and double jump to grab the ledge again, then you can decide how to recover without feeling rushed.

If you're going to attack a shield, space farther away or aim to land behind so that it's harder to punish you. I remember you fast falling a dair right in front of Wolf when a better choice would have been to keep on going until you were behind him and then down smash or jump and do another dair before he could dsmash you. Also, try to hit with your fair from as far enough as your range will let you and you'll win in the air more.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I was under the impression that the video archive was only to provide videos of Peach playing, not to criticize a specific person's play style.
Im pretty sure if someone asked for advice they would get it. Anyways he can also put his video in here, even though Dark.Pch isnt around as much other Peach players could still critique him.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Ok, I watched the Yoshi vid and have some advice for you :)

You've got a bit of an aggression problem. You seem to be constantly on the aggressive, never on the defensive (something I have been guilty of in the past). The problem is that you predictably always DI towards the opponent, and he keeps sandbagging you/tossing you around and landing combos early on.

You have another problem that I suffered from prior to about a month ago when I really concentrated on changing my playstyle around and learning new concepts. When you're going for a Fair, you simply...try to land a Fair. Several times in the video, I see you either try to throw a Fair out when he's in your face (too close, he hits you first), or throw a fair close to ground and get hit with lag upon landing.

First concept to work on: punishment.

It's not always about you trying to land hits on your opponent. Often, it is good to move away from your opponent and land an attack to punish them for trying to hit you. This will cause them to shy off and break up their combos.

Attacks that work good for punishing in the air are Nair and Bair, because they come out so fast. You can move away from your opponent's attack and then move back into them with bair for example, or if your opponent rushes an approach on you you can hit them with Nair first.

On the ground, I think Ftilt and Utilt are Peach's best punishing moves. Or, spot dodge and Dsmash (which I think I saw you do).

Concept #2 and 3: Spacing and Autocancelling.

Don't randomly throw attacks out. You'll discover with testing that if you land at the end of the Fair animation, you will land with no lag, while if you land early in the fair animation, Peach will land funny and slow down for a second. This is called autocancelling- the attacks cancel if you land during certain animation frames.

Learning to time your Fairs with float or falling from the right height so that when you touch the ground there is no lag is a HUGE benefit to your game. You can roll away the instant you hit the ground to avoid being punished if your opponent shields or dodges it, or you can grab them or slap them immediately or pull a turnip faster.

Spacing is also critical. If you hit someone at point blank with Fair and they shield, they can immediately grab you out of shield. Before I started really learning to space well, my rival realized that I would always dive in too deep with Fair and started shielding and grabbing me EVERY TIME. Now, I both space and autocancel, so the fair lands with the tip and I'm too far away for my opponent to grab me, and because of the autocancel I can react and roll away faster than he can attack me.

Learning spacing and autocancelling timing is NOT easy and requires a lot of practice but will make a huge difference in your game! I recommend studying Edrees' videos against Marth's and Futile's Wario. They helped me a lot. :)

Peach is one of the best spacing characters in the game in my opinion, because the float and the tiny second jump let you position yourself exactly where you want to be. Learn spacing and you will be much more powerful, and learn autocancelling and you'll react much faster. When you watch pro Peach players like Edrees play, you'll initially wonder how they react so fast- they seem to land and then be doing something else instantly- and autocancelling is the answer.

Hope this helps! Keep up the good work :)

EDIT: Just watched the Wolf video. Some of the same problems, but dang I have to say you've got some nice combos ^_^ You seem really in control when you're on the aggressive and hitting him. Very impressive.
The real problem I see is the defensive game. You keep trying to respond to his aggression by trying to hit him back with Fairs, but with you and him both moving at each other he keeps hitting first.

I think your defensive game is where you need to focus, as your aggressive game is very good, you just get sandbagged once he gets the lead on you.

Very nice Peach! :)

DEV64

Smash Apprentice

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Nice vids :) I would however suggest these few things.

If you get a Dair combo in, go for another one! Don't always drop down because the hitstun from it doesn't last long enough most of the time for you to fall down and do something else

If someone is above you/next to you, don't immediatly go for an aerial or Up Smash. Try out Peach's tilts. Her Up Tilt especially destroys a lot of offensive approaches from above.

Use Toad but use it correctly! Toad can be a life saver and is an excellent way to get someone off your back if they're agressivly pressuring you. You could have a look here

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183094

if you like (yea I'm such a credit ***** >.>)

What Praxis said, watch your spacing. There were far too many times where your opponent knew you were falling with a Fair/Dair close to them which allowed them to grab you

Get some grabs in there if you can. You generally have the advantage when your opponent is off the stage so forcing them off by any means possible can often be a key in winning.

Overall, I thought you did good :) Keep it up

BentoBox

Smash Master
^ Was about to say the same thing about d-air combos. At the beginning of the match vs. Wolf, you could've chained a second one but instead you dropped right in front of him and got punished :[.

Also, when you use turnips, try to be less predictable? Twice, you picked one up and threw it right away, and both times it was reflected back in your face =p. You could glidetoss one upwards and perform a retreating f-air as a bait, if he tries to approach, the falling turnip might create a favorable setup. Don't be afraid to try new things~

You can chaingrab(d-throw) Wolf from 0 to 25%ish which you could end with a f-tilt (and a u-tilt if he's really bad at di'ing :O), just throwing that out there, in case you didn't know.

SnAp..

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the feedback guys i will be sure to chain grab that wolf. :)

exidid

Smash Journeyman
You have to learn to DI away from your opponent. In the Wolf match, starting from 2:10, if you had DI'd away, you probably wouldn't have eaten all those attacks the Wolf threw at you. That's one of the major flaws I saw in your matches.

Overall, as others have said, your defensive game needs improvement.

Tip: Use jab canceled grabs. They can get your opponent off-guard and it's a neat combination.

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
i thought it was good just once where u dropped when his sheild was low instead of d-airing again and another time where u d-aired him at 0% then just letem go but ur probably better peac then me

Top Bottom