• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's Granades

T_T

Smash Cadet
I'm having much trouble with snake, I know granades are very good to have but I don't have a clue how to properly use them. What sort of tricks things can I do with granades? Right now I can really only get them to work on warding off snake on the edge while I'm recovering. What other ways should I use them. IE where should I drop granades around me? What sort of spacing should I go for before I use granades?

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
my fav one is when u gethim ff the stage is throw one up and then throw one down. What happensis the one u through up cblows up a little above u and the one u through down blows up just above that. Also i throw se when i'm recovering so i can get back on the stage easier. Also its important to use a grenade anytime ur about to get hit (if u get a chance to shield even better. That way Snake will hit the grenade instead of u. Course u take the damae also but at least he took e as well.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Grenade shielding. That's why grenades are so ****ing gay.

I mean Shield drop a grenade, pick it up, then walk up to someone who is about to attack you and shield, and their attack will set of the grenade which will hit them, but your shield will protect you from both hits.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
The grenades explodes every 3 seconds, it says so on the grenade itself. lol. I like spot dodge, as well as shielding, and if my opponent is not approaching me, I just run up with a grenade in hand and roll dodge toward them while I'm invulnerable and they get damaged. lol. And you can go aerial, grab a grenade and use stone, and you won't take damage when it explodes. Snake Kirby is alot of fun to use.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, shielded grenades are so annoying. That's what makes Snake hard to combo, so you'll have to assume he's going to pull a grenade every time you attack, and be very cautious.

You can either spam grenades at him, or do what everyone's said, shield them. That's about it XD
The Rock trick is fun too.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Their is a certain AT that u can do with grenades but i'm not sure if its been talked about but since its not mine i can't say. I saw it at Chudat's last biweekly.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I love Grenade Kirby. I tend to drop them all over the place, especially if the Snake uses a lot of tilts.

Also, something I do with Snake, and I *think* I can do with Kirby, but haven't really messed around with it much, since Kirby drops grenades behind him (Grrr... how I hate that...), is to pick up the grenade, run at your opponent, and air dodge as the grenade explodes. If timed correctly, the grenade will explode when you air dodge, allowing you to attack right when the enemy starts going up. At low percentages, you could probably follow a grenade with a Uair or two (Snake can, so I don't see why Kirby couldn't.). Since Kirby has greater air movement, it should be easier, though the problem is you have to turn around to regrab your grenades, which tends to mess me up.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Their is a certain AT that u can do with grenades but i'm not sure if its been talked about but since its not mine i can't say. I saw it at Chudat's last biweekly.
Right. It's fair for you to see it since you live by him, but it's TOTALLY not allowed for you to share it with us, because it will ruin Chudat. :p

Especially since Chudat like, comes on these forums. And helps the community. >_>

in other words just say it, don't tease us.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Right. It's fair for you to see it since you live by him, but it's TOTALLY not allowed for you to share it with us, because it will ruin Chudat. :p

Especially since Chudat like, comes on these forums. And helps the community. >_>

in other words just say it, don't tease us.
Chudat doesnt do it, its so far not even utilized by the snake players who know it. Which i think are very few (a handful). My crew mate, Candy, uses this technique and said that chillin would post the AT on smashboards. If he hasn't then i guess they wanna keep it secret till they know how to use it themselves.

T_T

Smash Cadet
I've been doing some of the things you've said. Granade sheilding is very useful. "Kamakazie" bombing kirby :p How ever just leaving them around usually doesn't work for me. I tend to have poor spacing and timing with them that the snake just easily manages to throw them back at me along with more <_<
I find that with granades I can finally hit snake with something easily when he recovers way up high. I can usally follow up from here. I'm trying to work something with the momemtum altering power of b-reversalling the granades. I still need to check on a snake guide. I'll get to that now.

Anyways, I don't think this warrents a new thread, but I have a few videos of my kirby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RPIkCPgyEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTduI0tsd7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvWJCd_x0hU

Yeah, I know online. Ew. It's all I got so far though. Also our connection was very strong. Although powersheilding is still abit more difficult then I like >_<

Also does anyone have a good video of an exemplary snake kirby?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
No videos here unfortunately...

You play a mean Kirby though. My advice would be when you do Dtilts/Ftilts, be ready to follow into an Fsmash or DA if they trip.

A few more Snake tips:

-Not sure if you know, but if you grab Snake during his UpB but don't hurt him (just let him break out), he can't use his UpB again and just falls right off the stage.

-I'm finding empty reverse hammers and aerial reverse hammers a great mindgame. Makes the enemy scared to come too close. Not sure if that would help with Snake or not...

-If you eat Snake and spit him under the main stage platforms, Snake can have a lot of trouble recovering.

T_T

Smash Cadet
Eek, the videao link i posted here doesn't work either <_<
Oh well. I guess ill just edit that...

Anyonehave a video of a snake kirby? It would still be quite helpful.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Quick mention: This is probably known, but I'll post it anyway. If you drop a grenade, pick it back up, then pull out a new one, you drop the first one you were carrying. This is pretty useful in the air. Drop one on that ******* waiting for you with a Dsmash/Uair, or just cross the stage leaving stewed grenades behind. Just make sure you get the timing right. Nothing's worse than pulling out a new grenade, but having the old one explode as it falls, catching you in a dual grenade blast >.<

Meh, I find it more useful for Kirby than Snake.

...CARPET BOMB KIRBY!

Kirby 89

Smash Rookie
i experimented with dropping, picking up, and then using down-b. if your opponent does not pay attantion, the explosion goes off while kirby is still a rock. it works well on computers who try and grab, and it also caught one of my friends by surprise the first time i pulled it off, it was a KO. hope this helps

Denzi

Smash Master
That's where his infinite bomb jump comes in <.<
Only "infinate" till Snake takes too much damage. And I would think it would be difficult to do while under a stage, since most of the ones I've seen were started at stage level or above.

Anyways, you can use grenade stripping, which is where the first grenade you threw stops moving and falls to the ground when you shield drop a seccond (even if it's being held). It's also a good idea to time your throws so that the grenades explode on impact. If you just play around with Snake/Snake Kirby in training, you can get a fairly good idea of what you can do.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
The grenades explodes every 3 seconds, it says so on the grenade itself. lol. I like spot dodge, as well as shielding, and if my opponent is not approaching me, I just run up with a grenade in hand and roll dodge toward them while I'm invulnerable and they get damaged. lol. And you can go aerial, grab a grenade and use stone, and you won't take damage when it explodes. Snake Kirby is alot of fun to use.
The grenades can be head for 5 seconds, on the 5th it explodes.
I usually throw a none held one, then hold another one for 3 seconds, then throw it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wow, this is a kirby thread right?

Gtfo snaken00b.
Who are you talking to?

Also, it's kind of tricky, but you can Fsmash while holding a grenade. Here's how: Pull out a grenade, drop it, pick it up again but hold A, hit the C stick in the direction you want to smash and let go of A to let it go. If you time it right, you can Fsmash and as soon as it ends, shield the grenade as it blows up.
Thankfully, this only works with smashes, and not tilts, so Snake can't Ftilt you while doing this.

Top Bottom