• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake 5th on Tier List v7

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Oh danza... What do you think about falco's drop? Trololol

Camping against a planking pit is fine, much harder when he's onstage.

I disagree with most things gheb said though, namely because experience tells me that he's wrong. Playing against olimar, you know that things are tough. You try so hard to get it, but you take 100% before you even hit him, and then you die so early from a purple usmash. Not unworkable by any stretch, but not even.

And the ics and snake vs Diddy mus are ones that I'm particularly experienced at, and I can tell you:

- Diddy doesn't lose to snake
- ics lose to Diddy

Yes. Playing in these situations is much more beneficial that observing them.

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
snake loses to oli and d3. yes.

marth... maybe.

diddy loses to mk and thats it.
Marth is an even MU (at least I think so right now. My opinion on that fluctuates between super slight Marth advantage to even so much).
The top DDD's think that Snake beats DDD... I believe a couple top Snakes believe it's even as well. Regardless, I don't think DDD beats Snake at all. Neither does 4GOD, Coney, Atomsk, I believe Havok and Razer don't think so as well (not positive on those two however).
Olimar I can understand a case being made for even. Havok and Razer both have fairly split records vs Olimar as well as Shu in his prime beating/going even with Nietono. Even now, with Shu not as good as he used to be, has taken games off of Nietono and even sets in friendlies. Personally, I'm not sure what the MU is, but it can certainly be argued to be even.

Oh danza... What do you think about falco's drop? Trololol

Camping against a planking pit is fine, much harder when he's onstage.

I disagree with most things gheb said though, namely because experience tells me that he's wrong. Playing against olimar, you know that things are tough. You try so hard to get it, but you take 100% before you even hit him, and then you die so early from a purple usmash. Not unworkable by any stretch, but not even.

And the ics and snake vs Diddy mus are ones that I'm particularly experienced at, and I can tell you:

- Diddy doesn't lose to snake
- ics lose to Diddy

Yes. Playing in these situations is much more beneficial that observing them.

I know that there have been multiple multiple IC and Diddy mains who believe that IC/Diddy is even/IC advantage. I don't believe that they lose at all. I can certainly see even though.

IDK :urg: seems like 7th to me....So Im gonna say it again B-tier.
You're quoting me somewhat out of context. Gheb is talking about how good the character is. My statement is saying that the tierlist isn't "underrating" anybody because it's made from more than just people's opinions. Objectively, as well as subjectively, Snake isn't as potent a threat in the current metagame as he once was.

The two are similar, but not entirely the same

brawl is a game that rewards raw talent and patience above all else, no amount of knowledge elevates someone with an average skillset to top player status. this is a completely irrelevant low blow
So true.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Meh I don't really give a crap about lists and labels. This is the exact same game we've had since 2008. Nothing changes. Snake didn't suddenly become a worse character because of a list or anything so why should I care. Just my opinion. ;)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
we've all been saying this for such a long time.

but it finally happened.

at the same time, the only reason snake was high for that period of time was because of ally. and it's probably fair to say that if ally didn't start using mk, snake would probably still be top 3.

and seriously, olimar is not that good.
^^^

THIS.

THIS.

THIS!

I am co-signing to this statement.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
You're quoting me somewhat out of context. Gheb is talking about how good the character is. My statement is saying that the tierlist isn't "underrating" anybody because it's made from more than just people's opinions. Objectively, as well as subjectively, Snake isn't as potent a threat in the current metagame as he once was.
Once again Im not saying hahaha snake totally sucks now. Im just saying what you just said: "Snake isn't as potent a threat in the current metagame as he once was".

4,5,6,7 doesnt really change anything, he is still a good character. But people like gheb thinks he's god or something. I mean gheb if you truly think snake is as broken as you claim he is, then main him. Who knows, maybe your the next best snake, cuz obviously you see something in snake that us snake mains clearly do not see i.e +1/0 against :olimar: (Razer thinks its +1/0 as well) who knows next tournament prove us snakes how broken he is, maybe me, and all the other snake mains have been playing our mu's all wrong. I would honestly love to see some new advancement in snakes metagame (god knows its overdue since like 09')

Gheb just join the snake side. I mean he is super cool and has weapons and......a beard. :)

C.J.

Smash Master
Gheb is arguing for the traits of the character putting him at 3rd/4th best compared to the other characters; not the other characters within the constraints of the metagame. At least, I don't believe he is. So it's two similar, but different, points of view.

D

Deleted member 189823

Meh I don't really give a crap about lists and labels. This is the exact same game we've had since 2008. Nothing changes. Snake didn't suddenly become a worse character because of a list or anything so why should I care. Just my opinion. ;)
youre so special for thinking differently wohoo

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I was kind of surprised by Snake's drop after hearing how people were calling all of Snakes worst mus even or advantages. :\ But i'm glad some people are starting to realize that he's not as good as he was on 08. ^_^

Also when did Diddy start losing to Snake, and when did player vs player determine mus?

etecoon

Smash Hero
diddy has always been considered to be slightly in snake's favor since like, forever. if anything it used to be considered a bigger advantage for snake than it is now but I think it's only a slight advantage

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think it's a very slight advantage snake BUT I agree 100%, Diddy players whine about their broken *** character way too much, probably related to how many of them(and IC players) don't really understand fighting theory and just kind of lean on broken gimmicks

I haven't been to a tournament in like 8 months and this game still makes me angry...

Tier lists are pretty stupid and this whole process is a huge waste of time. Just another thing for people here to argue about. Honestly if your statement doesn't involve advancing a characters metagame it doesn't really mean anything. The only reason to care about tiers is for which characters are legal in mid and low tiers. MU ratios are also stupid because you should be talking about how to play the MU not the ratio. But this won't happen because it's a lot easier to shout out a number than prepare legit fact and knowledge and the ratios give people here more chances to cut other people down and whine.

JTsm

Smash Master
Tier lists are pretty stupid and this whole process is a huge waste of time. Just another thing for people here to argue about. Honestly if your statement doesn't involve advancing a characters metagame it doesn't really mean anything. The only reason to care about tiers is for which characters are legal in mid and low tiers. MU ratios are also stupid because you should be talking about how to play the MU not the ratio. But this won't happen because it's a lot easier to shout out a number than prepare legit fact and knowledge and the ratios give people here more chances to cut other people down and whine.
I like this guy.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Watch out man! If you start throwing reason out like that, someone might post an unfunny meme picture at you!

Rubio24

Smash Rookie
i would have to also say that how is it that razer beat really good olimar players and beat ADHD but he lost to a pikachu so how can both olimar and diddy kong be better that makes no sense to me......i could agree that ICs and MK are better but those two i would have to disagree....

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
But that would mean that Pikachu would be above Snake, but ESAM lost to Nietono. D= What are we going to do about that if we go by this mindset. DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD=

RNH

Smash Cadet
Snake has always been one of my fv character but I understand that he is not that godly gleb should stop whining because Snake will always be good. He's still ahead of Marth for god Sakes!

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Snake is really just underrepresented at high levels.

like, that's really all there is to it.

Top Bottom