• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 7 (Champaign, IL March 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
OS--yes, he PMed me. A neighbor found it outside and held on to it. I'll fetch it tomorrow.

Kel

Smash Master
I had fun and would appreciate future tournaments a lot.

I'm just throwing this out there with no thought of consequences. Triple elimination for a more "fair" bracket to replace pools?

<3 Drephen

Marth1, Sliq and I are still talking about that freaking combo you did to Souroush. wayyyyy too good....like, better than Forward good =P.

Tapion013

Smash Lord

I'm just throwing this out there with no thought of consequences. Triple elimination for a more "fair" bracket to replace pools?

<3 Drephen

Marth1, Sliq and I are still talking about that freaking combo you did to Souroush. wayyyyy too good....like, better than Forward good =P.
Triple elimination almost sounds like it'd take longer than pools and a smaller bracket... just the thought of the finals potentially being 3 sets long just makes my head hurt.

People need to deal with unfair pools, it happens (is a victim of one) people are really only bothered because of the way second place for pools was determined, which has for the most part been settled. I think this topic can be closed now (don't mean to be a mod, but I know I'd like to stop getting mass e-mails for this topic :-P)

Sliq

Smash Master

<3 Drephen

Marth1's Falcon Punch combo was EPIC. Holy crap. I wish that was recorded, so I could make that **** a GIF and put it in my signature.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
<3 Drephen ^_^

I'm working on it. I actually intend on going to as many tournaments as possible to force me to really learn and adapt. Next time, I'll be the person to beat in the death pools! Yeah! ... Yeah... Well, it's something to work on at least.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Back from vacation!! Sorry for taking the results with me :( I'll email them to AOB for posting goodness. Gimme a day to catch my breath and type it all up. I'll post final points in the Midwest Forum.

I gotta say that I'm thrilled with how well this tournament ran. Wildcards aside, I think the pool system did it's job, the Round 1 Singles and Teams ran MUCH MUCH better than at SMYM6, and the Round 3 Final RR did a fantastic job at both delivering stellar matches to watch and proving the best of the best. We learned lessons from SMYM6, and we learned lessons here at SMYM7. The next major event we run will be even better.

I'm debating some changes for Season 2 of the Circuit. There may be some drastic changes in the works. Stay tuned!

Thanks to everyone who had kind words to say to me and others running the event. Seriously, you guys are awesome and we have a heck of a lot of fun running these things for you. You guys make us feel like our efforts are appreciated. I'm not in this for any kind of glory, but it's nice to feel like people are thankful for the incredible amount of effort we put into this kind of thing. Not just SMYM, but the Circuit in general takes a lot of work to maintain. For everyone that showed us appreciation, both in person and online, I personally want to say THANKS.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
this thread has run its course. Everything else can either be discussed in the results thread (when it gets made) or in the midwest forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom