• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashwiki said what!?

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
I dont think Nintendo said so, did they, because the page said that a smasher gave it that name, that would say, not nintendo.

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
Was it that smasher that started calling it that? Why did he call it that? I didnt really understand what I was reading.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
*shrug*

"It starts out strong, brilliant in its form, fully intent on its task, erect to serve its truest duty. Yet like any test of passion, it dies, dwindles almost, almost as if the very life of it was sucked out, its morale lost in a sea."

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
*shrug*

"It starts out strong, brilliant in its form, fully intent on its task, erect to serve its truest duty. Yet like any test of passion, it dies, dwindles almost, almost as if the very life of it was sucked out, its morale lost in a sea."
What do you mean by all of that? Just wondering.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Oh hello. You are probably new.

Before you post any further, let me tell you that items are unbalanced, Ike is trash, so is ganon. And you are not the best player.

Now that we got over with that, Sex kick is any move that has a hitbox even when the animation is done. They are very good against airdodges , rolls and spotdodges because they most of the time outlast them. :)

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
All I ever wanted to know was if it was that smasher that gave the attack that name.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Why does it matter? After so many years since the term was coined, you choose to question it now? This is a pointless thread, in my opinion. I'm surprised no one has closed it yet. Just accept the term and move on... really. o__O

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
Why does it matter? After so many years since the term was coined, you choose to question it now? This is a pointless thread, in my opinion. I'm surprised no one has closed it yet. Just accept the term and move on... really. o__O
I was just wondering, since there is no way for that word to be created by anyone else then a smasher, since nintendo are too strict in censorment to let that go trough officially. I havent even liked brawl/melee for many years, just, like, around less then a year. Im from Sweden and doesnt know perfect english, so I didnt understand what I read on that wiki page.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Before you post any further, let me tell you that items are unbalanced, Ike is trash, so is ganon. And you are not the best player.
LMAO you're psychic! I was about to say the same thing, lolol. Except that I would add Pit to the list, cause too many nubs use him suckily, tho he's an ok character :awesome:

And yeah someone gave it that name. Kinda like Dave's Stupid Rule.

Variable

Smash Ace
Quoted directly from your link "the attack consists of the thrust" Thrust, Sex kick... do you see a connection?

n88

Smash Lord
@snow-wolf

The term "sex kick" doesn't come from Nintendo itself, no, and was made up by a Smash player. (According to the link just posted by VietGeek, one Matt Deezie was the first to use the term) As you thought, Nintendo would never give it that name because they try to be somewhat family friendly.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what Nintendo's official name would be... Personally, I dislike the current term myself, but I haven't seen any alternatives... :(

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo would probably name it "Love kick". Anyway, if there are still any doubts about why it was named like that, it's just a collection of comparisons.

• It normally consists of an initial thrust
  • Involves legs
  • Lasts for some time, but it gets gradually weaker
So yeah, even if it's not the best metaphor, it's funny enough to stay.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
A friend of mine believes the term "sex kick" came from the fact that the character(s) kick in a usually sexy pose. Honestly, I still find it pointless to question this years-old term.

"Sex kick", "love kick", "long kick", "sticks-out-for-a-long-time kick", does it really matter?

16!

Smash Cadet
Port town, it's easier to smuggle drugs out here.
Can you go repeat this to every new poster? Too good.
Not every new poster is new to smash.

Sex kick is a pretty ******** term. As stupid as it sounds it serves a purpose the rare times in life it's important enough to mention and want to be understood using a universal term instead of a lengthy explaination.

JV [insert number] stock is an equally ******** term. In the world of competitive videogames you're going to find terminology that sound stupid but will be useful as a universal term. This is how slang works.

16!

Smash Cadet
I still can not possibly see HOW you would come up with the term Sex Kick for such attacks >_<
It was invented at the melée tournament/ orgy rave, while someone won a match with it while having sex. RonJ was his tag, he super wave dashed into a neutral air with samus as he was boning Samantha to win the match and give Samantha a wave orgasm.

From that day everyone called it the sex kick.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I dont totally understand what innuendo that smasher do find in that attack, and what do they mean by coined? I heavily doubt the attack actually is called that, what properties? what is this about:

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Sex_kick

Coined = "started to be called that, and has since been worked into the vocabulary and vernacular of the scene".

And, its called a sex kick due to the metaphor someone posted about about there being a thrust, staying out, etc.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
It was invented at the melée tournament/ orgy rave, while someone won a match with it while having sex. RonJ was his tag, he super wave dashed into a neutral air with samus as he was boning Samantha to win the match and give Samantha a wave orgasm.

From that day everyone called it the sex kick.

WHA-

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I have come up with a term that can be universally used and understood to replace it:

"Kick"

That is all

16!

Smash Cadet
I have come up with a term that can be universally used and understood to replace it:

"Kick"

That is all
Not to be confused with the forward tilts, up tilts, down tilts, back air, neutral air, virgin air, pan air, up air, down air, etc. Air, smash attacks and more, that are some form of a kick.

Sex kick is immediately understood as the straight legged neutral air many characters have.

Kick is recognized as any attack that involves hitting someone with a foot, or shin.

"sex kick" sounds stupid, but is understood. Since it's understood it's useful.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wow, this thread is still going on (not that this post helps anything)?! Come on, guys, can't we give this a rest? The term's been around since time immemorial, and to question it now would be just plain absurd.

Blah! My brain hurts trying to debate about this. X__x

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's a stupid term for a kick. We get it. If you wanna know why it's labled sex kick, go research it. Very few people care.
Thank you! My thoughts exactly! As I've said several times on this thread (and I don't like repeating myself more than once), it's a term that has existed for so many years, and to question it now is just rediculous. This is my last post on this thread, because I'm just gonna end up repeating the same thing over and over again. Ugh! :\

Top Bottom