• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashville or Final Destination

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
which do you prefer? i prefer finla destination cuz of the music, but...
there are more in-depth reasons, too
discuss

ytv

Smash Apprentice
Smashville, gets rid of the campers. FD is way too big, and didn't we already have threads about this?

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of sick of FD at the moment, so I'll go with Smashville...I like popping the balloon. anyway.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Smashville hands down, cuz' my brother always picks FD and level is smaller than Melee's FD. IDK, I guess I just like the little moving platform all the time...

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
I really like FD but Smashville all the way!
I think its the most neutral stage and it has at least that one platform that makes it a lot more diverse.
Plus, the backgrounds and music are full of win.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah smashville is way better. The platform makes it more neutral and its just more fun to play on. I also enjoy not having self-deaths

G J Cod

Smash Cadet
I personally prefer FD, but I have to say, Smashville on sat. nites with KK Slider, you cant beat it....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Smashville has that moving platform that can get in the way. Final Destination does not have any of those annoyances, making it a good stage to fight on.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Smashville FTW. I think the FD music sucks...and I love the moving platform. Not to mention FD now gimps recovery.

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination music can get quite monotonous after a while. And the background is pretty and all, but due to the constant changing scenery it makes it to hectic and it ends up being an ongoing eyesore to look at while fighting.

Smashville music is a bit more calming and the background isn't to chaotic. Personally I'd prefer to fight/practice or w/e there instead.

You also can't get easily trapped under the stage trying to recover since theres no weird angle at the edge like in FD.

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
Smashville is more fun to play on and is more neutral, but Final Destination is more "epic" for a good match.

So yea, Smashville is better but both are good stages.

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
Well I mostly prefer FD, but have been taken into consideration Smashville because you are able to stop projectile smapers with the platform that rides back and forth. Plus every Saturday KK Rider plays a concert there!

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Smashville. It has awesome graphics, and you can go under it with numerous characters just for fun.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Smashville.
FD has a dull presence to me. The music is alright but gets boring if you hear it too much. Not to mention those ledges @_@.
At least with Smashville no character has any major disadvantages to it. The concerts are awesome as well.

Spiteful Link

Smash Rookie
Yes... I've really gotten bored with Final Destination. I appreciate it as a good stage, but I still like Smashville so much more. The lips are not so evil, the atmosphere is excellent, and the moving platform mixes things up a little. This is my favorite stage, with Delfino Plaza coming in a close second.

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
why does everybody say they get "cheated" w/ recovery on fd? theres a notch there, work around it. the only problem i have with smashville is that it occasionally the platform just happens to be in the way of an attack that could win you the match. but hey, theres a platform there, work around it. i play smashville more now because FD's background gives me a headache

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Personally I like FD better. I like it for serious 1v1. I don't have a problem with campers (even when I play slower characters like DK or Ganondorf, and I've played it enough to feel very comfortable with the lip. I'll admit it takes more getting used to than a normal stage's edge, but even when I play people like Wolf, who has serious issues with that lip, I've learned to work with it so that it doesn't bother me.

That being said, and regardless of the fact that I prefer FD, I do think Smashville is a veritable Final Destination Part 2, and a very good stage. It improves upon the issues people had with FD while not adding so much that it turns it into a concept/gimmick stage. Just that one moving platform, and a slightly smaller main platform, and you've got a nicely balanced stage for those who don't like FD's extreme flatness.

Then again... the moving platform does add a small amount of luck into the equation, since if you're trying to recover, you have a fifty/fifty chance of the platform being on the side of the screen that you need it to be on to save yourself. It's a very small issue, but it is there.

Both stages get 4/5 stars :)

Nintendude064

Smash Rookie
I prefer FD, simply because of the music. Plus the lip rarely seems to mess me up. Smashville is awesome too though of course.

ikemaster

Smash Rookie
smashville is better for casual battles and final destination is more for serious battles. i prefer smashville because it's harder for people to spam and nobody likes a spammer

Kingjackal89

Smash Rookie
I would have to say Smashville though i have been playing FD for so many matches through melee Smashville is bright and entertaining. Also it doesnt have the LOD (Lips of death) that Fd has. Also Fd has sent one of my friends to a hospital bc of the seizure inducing background. Hes better now XD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Smashville is better in almost every way. Platform, edges that don't have ******** lips, isn't terribly big.

icewolf2249

Smash Cadet
I like FD more, it just feels so epic. Good music, one flat platform, swirling madness background, it just feels like a showdown. The lip really only gave me a problem the first time I played the game, it doesn't seem that bad to me.

In actual use though, I like Smashville more. It's FD, minus camping. I mean I honestly don't mind camping once and a while, but it's just way to easy or FD.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'd have to say Smashville because of it's simplistic design plus the platform helps in some situations unlike Final Destination which is only falt, but don't get me wrong, I'm a BIG Final Destination Fanboy, it's just that Smashville is a much better looking stage with a platform is all

Neb

Smash Lord
I say Smashville, I prefer the music over FD, plus Final Destination is a lot different from Melee's, I don't like its new look too much.

Top Bottom