• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHTALITY III Results

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Haha didn't you say I ***** you even harder than m2k?....well in the first couple matches anyway. Nice meeting you:)

I'll post full shoutouts/whatever some other time....
Oh. I was kidding and not playing for real against you.

Well, until I picked Ganondorf. I don't ever sandbag with Ganondorf. He's too fun and too manly. And you still did fine, right? You'll do better in tournaments eventually.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yo wtf.... thatsmybutta..... dont say we rigged the brackets cuz u f*ckin suck.... and get ya info straight b4 u run ya mouth too... cuz me n copycvat played each other in the 2nd round dumb*ss

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So the money was split for first and second place, but did Chu and M2K play in the end? And if so, who won?

Velocity

Smash Lord
yo wtf.... thatsmybutta..... dont say we rigged the brackets cuz u f*ckin suck.... and get ya info straight b4 u run ya mouth too... cuz me n copycvat played each other in the 2nd round dumb*ss
i don't wanna hear about the brackets i had a bi, and then zang showed up and then i had to play him first round insted of having a bi and i had to go through the entire losers bracket

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
i don't wanna hear about the brackets i had a bi, and then zang showed up and then i had to play him first round insted of having a bi and i had to go through the entire losers bracket
You still got 9th and you lost your first match? Nice.

I usually don't do shout outs but I had a lot of fun.

Velocity - We need to team soon. Fruitilitious.

Cactuar - Wait wait........ wait. Why am I shouting out to you?

WoZ - Hot and amazing as always. I enjoyed our crew battle.

Super Doodle Man - You owned my face in the movie game. I like your shirt and the last tier war episode 1.

M2K - Are you human? Don't steal my hoodie.

Chu - God **** Pikachu. I still want my Y Link money match.

Chillen - We totally fed your *** with our free BK.

D1 - Hi. How are ya? I'm Pakman.

Kiwi - You are so loud. Awesome.

DMBranden, sneak, other dude - Low tier teams = fun as hell.

Forward - That stripper on your shirt did not look like an I.

Javier - So close...

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
i got destroyed, >< oh well, least imon the top of the begining of the last hehe.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
thatsmybutta needs to stfu. TSA members always play each other sooner or later and we don't complain. You want the solution is for you to get better so you don't get knocked out so soon. Not complain that your brackets were rigged.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
For reference: dmbrandon, no dots, lower case. :D

And everyone.. leave butta alone. He's trying to cope with being awful.

DGMavn

Smash Apprentice
When will Last Tier War be up for others to see?

Edit: Also, nomination for most hardcore moment of the tourney: M2K after getting his first loss during that hullabaloo in the back room:
"But I'm right here, I'm...

*grim determination*

Okay. Ban FD."

And proceeded to spank his challenger, I assume. But still, badass.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
About the bracket situation -

The original idea was to put everyone into pools so that seeding could be done automatically without any problems. However, I had gotten a lot of requests to simply do a 64 man bracket, and so that was what was done.

In light of that, I had to manually seed some of the players, evenly spacing out the good players in the brackets as well as ensuring that crew members and other people who had requested it wouldn't face each other early on. This ensures that we get a lot out of the bracket as much as we can that's as fair as possible, with the least amount of complaints, and that we don't have all the good players on one end and some average players on another.

Rigging a bracket is creating one that's deemed unfair and such, mostly in a way to give a huge advantage to a player. Obviously this wasn't what was done.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Sensei, Reik, Zanguzen and M2K all did well.

Jersey is amazing.

dot_eater

Smash Ace
moo needs more hair
woz amazes my girlfriend
beef jr gave me food :grin::grin: we're too lucky in teams
bass and sneak should've won that match on green greens
mog should enter tournements
kiwi doesn't like samus
stupid do
muz!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chuckle:
thanks for the housing chris, fun times, ill bring misa around more
triad needs to team with me more and brnig pete
oorah and dcscribz- we should play practice more as a crew......where has our crew been?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Thx Muz and Woz for holding down the tourney. It was ran with mad setups so I was able to lose and catch my bus in a decent amount of time. yay

@HBK no singles?

@Javi ooh what a surprise glad u could make it.

@reik GOOD **** upset master

@eggm omg stop beasting on me......

Zero_KoH

Smash Rookie
I had an awesome time at these tournaments, even if i had to withdraw from singles >.<

It was really cool to meet alot of the jersey smashers. I'll keep practicing and see you all around:grin:

D1

Banned via Administration
Mogstir!!! I forgot to ask ya for my CD Player : (!!!

Well hopefully I'll seeya this Friday @ the KF Biweekly?

: )?

Thanks!

*runs off*

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
This was the best **** ever!!!!
Shoutouts to everone i played
Kiwi we had a good time in teams even after we lost
Zang showing everyone how Zang tactics are done
Sneak gaying me with lasers all the way but thats cool gotta to do what you gotta to do
Swift nice playing your fox
Wes I will do that **** in here son
DMBrandon I will get my MM from you sooner or later
Tipomaster good MM that $1 went to good use
Reik shining me death with 5 shines

peace people

Velocity

Smash Lord
My shoutouts are as foolows

Chris manager angel guy: thanks for the housing ill teach you more doc next tourny for more housing
Woz: nicely ran tourny would have liked pools thanks for the bye i mean zang
Zang: thanks for showing up last minute
Pakman: team danimals to the rescue, we own.
Cactuar: you so fooled me with the wait wait wait crap
Moo: lol you remind me of atomask cause u were like scruffy and now u cut you hair wth
.Dic.K.Mag.Net.Bran.Don.: i made another one for you, mm me *****, its fun to talk to you like your a regular person that people like :laugh:
Kiwi: your so scared to play me in speed, i rocked you in teams :laugh: j/p
Wesley,Pockyd, and swiftbass: pittsburgh sucks, lol j/k intense matches wesley
TipoMastr: you still suck lol, you just need to play more people
Reik: Impressive
Eggm: has fatass fingers
Nintendude: nice icecs, gay pokefloats
Super man of doodle: u ***** me on mute city
Forward: your such a good peer mediator
Bailey: ****** army will rise up and destroy everyone except for us cause we have bats sorry zang there was only 2 left :laugh:
Everyone else i played: good **** i tryed not to forget ne one

Kwan

Smash Cadet
awesome tourney - felt good to play smash again

shouts:

starz - good matches in the tourney. i shoulda went ic's the whole time. o well
eggm - thx for kicking my *** and for the sheilding advice...
kiwii(i?) - fun 1v1 and 2v2 friendlies. we should team some time... sheikey kong ftw(l).
inui - ur right... dk counters sheik. tell phanna to update his charts >.>
wes - most fun at the tourney was friendlies vs u.
pockyd - i demand a rematch at a later time when im not completely oxidized >.>
anyone i forgot.... sry

-out

pockyD

Smash Legend
watching m2k and forward wrestle for controller port priority was one of the funniest things i've ever seen concerning smash

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
**** you get mad easy
lol i have nothin against tsa, and i dont really care where i place, and did you even see me play? im just saying i witnessed woz makin the brackets how he wanted them. im not the only person who thinks this way fyi. i actually like everyone in tsa a lot, good people, just faulty tourny running.

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
thatsmybutta needs to stfu. TSA members always play each other sooner or later and we don't complain. You want the solution is for you to get better so you don't get knocked out so soon. Not complain that your brackets were rigged.
once agian idc about placing, i just wana play a fair tourny.

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
About the bracket situation -

The original idea was to put everyone into pools so that seeding could be done automatically without any problems. However, I had gotten a lot of requests to simply do a 64 man bracket, and so that was what was done.

In light of that, I had to manually seed some of the players, evenly spacing out the good players in the brackets as well as ensuring that crew members and other people who had requested it wouldn't face each other early on. This ensures that we get a lot out of the bracket as much as we can that's as fair as possible, with the least amount of complaints, and that we don't have all the good players on one end and some average players on another.

Rigging a bracket is creating one that's deemed unfair and such, mostly in a way to give a huge advantage to a player. Obviously this wasn't what was done.
fair enough. you did a good job woz, i was just suspicious after i heard you talkin and stuff. i dono, but it was a fun tourny.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Butta... Why does it matter? Even if they rigged it that you fought babies til the quarter finals, you still would have lost to the top players without winning money...

Use this weekend as a learning experience. Think of the mistakes you made while playing, and try to improve on them. So your best in your matches, meet new people, and have fun!

As m2k says: It's never about the money.

TSA did a good job running a fair, exciting tourn, in a small venue! If they just did random seeding, then Chu vs m2k first round, and forward vs zang. Two people go to losers, and on drops early. It's seeding, man! The top players should fight the worst early on, so the top layers will fight at the finals, making it just that much more fun to watch!

btw, has anyone mentioned Reik being a freaking monster?

Edit: Use miltiquote. Triple posting is bad.

Top Bottom