• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHTALITY III - June 2nd-3rd - "The Last Tier War!" - UPDATED 5/28/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lolz. After reading that I'm glad I won't be able to make it.

I mean I know TSA has to please the masses, but ****. Is this really what the community wants?

I think what little respect I had for our community just died.

rofl.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Emblem Lord, it's more or less not wanting to deal with the drama wobbling will bring, especially since it hasn't been established when it is that wobbling becomes stalling and whatnot. Better to just do away with it until the community has a better standing on it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I know why you did it man. No need to explain. You do what you have to do to please the community. It's all business and politics.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'll try to bring a ssb64 set up too so that the SSBM tourny won't run long later and I wouldn't have to leave in the middle of it.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lolz. After reading that I'm glad I won't be able to make it.

I mean I know TSA has to please the masses, but ****. Is this really what the community wants?

I think what little respect I had for our community just died.

rofl.
Yes, because Ice Climbers really can't just CG everyone to death anyways. </sarcasm>

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Emblem Lord, it's more or less not wanting to deal with the drama wobbling will bring, especially since it hasn't been established when it is that wobbling becomes stalling and whatnot. Better to just do away with it until the community has a better standing on it.
I think the stalling thing is more of a common sense issue. If someone is trying to stall with Wobbling it would be obvious. If the person tries to make it subtle by Wobbling to like 185% each time then whoop-tee-do he's stalling for like 3 seconds every stock. I've never actually heard of anyone complaining about stalling during a match where there's Wobbling anyway.

I'm not trying to get Wobbling unbanned but I'm just throwing my thoughts out there. Even though I'm an ICs main I'm okay with it if you decide to ban Wobbling, though I'm not going to deny that it takes away a small advantage. It doesn't matter anyway though, because there's no way I'm going to get close to winning.

On Sunday are we going to have all the N64s hooked up and then take them down and put up the GCNs after the SSB64 tournaments?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I don't see Wobbling as any different from thier other grab combos. Ir's all deadly to me. So what's the big deal? To me banning a technique that isn't even that broken is just scrubbish. Then again I play Marth and teh spamerer plays Falco so you can see why our opinions might differ. Still, you don't see the MvC2 guys banning Storm's infinite or Magneto's infinite.

But whatever. I was just saying that I was shocked to see that this is the communities true colors that's all.

FYI stalling with Wobbling is ridiculously easy to spot and I don't think it's a legit reason to ban the technique. But it's WoZ's decision and he has spoken.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I've spoken with other tournament hosts and high leveled players who have some credibility on the matter. It's also been banned from other major tournaments. It certainly wasn't a decision that I made hastily.

Right now, it's been settled. I'd like everyone to drop the matter.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
I don't see Wobbling as any different from thier other grab combos. Ir's all deadly to me. So what's the big deal?
except wobbling completely disables the other player, instead of only by.. 80%

sorry woz >_>; *drops subject*

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Kiwii: Do you play other fighters? I do and Wobbling to me just isn't that serious compared to some of the other BS I have seen and experienced.

But whatever. The discussion is over.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
i do play other fighters, and games in general, but how is that even relevant
u can make a lot of things look minuscule by comparing it to other things

coming home at 4am and getting grounded for 3 months because u have asian parents would suck. but would u rather have that or get molested by a group of fat hairy old men, tied up and tickled for 8 consecutive hours, get thrown into an 80-foot well, breaking ur neck from it, and left there until they decide to come back and crucify u upside-down?

wobbling's still gay. who cares about the gayer **** that's out there, especially when it's not even in smash

Scar

#HarveyDent
I think it's amazing that every post after WoZ said "Stop talking about Wobbling" was about Wobbling, sans RaptorHawk's stunning input of, "Pi Pika Pi chu pi pikachu."

Wise words from a wise PKMN.

Edit: Kiwiii, that was just about the most amazing display of logic I've ever seen.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Kiwii after reading that last post I have to ask you.

Are you on drugs?

Serious question.

Edit: There are gayer things in smash then wobbling.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Speaking of marvel, we should totally hold some mini side thing for it. I'll bring a dreamcast and some sticks if anyone is down, albeit me being complete garbage.

As for that, I super don't want to enter singles, but I will if I don't have a teams partner. ::mean look at inui::

diem=good in teams! (Cept against m2k... and Dire.)

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS IF THAT **** RAN AT ME AND I WAS 5 I'D RUN AWAY AS FAST AS I COULD

kiwiii

Smash Lord
Kiwii after reading that last post I have to ask you.

Are you on drugs?

Serious question.

Edit: There are gayer things in smash then wobbling.
are you stupid?
serious question
it's called imagination
i figured i had to go that far to make my point clear to you
name one move that's gayer than wobbling. oh, and in smash, not sf or tekken or animal crossing. :laugh:

Fonz

Smash Ace
coming home at 4am and getting grounded for 3 months because u have asian parents would suck. but would u rather have that or get molested by a group of fat hairy old men, tied up and tickled for 8 consecutive hours, get thrown into an 80-foot well, breaking ur neck from it, and left there until they decide to come back and crucify u upside-down?
hahahahahahahahahaha

Most dramatic comparison I've ever read. Hope no youngins are reading this thread!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
name one move that's gayer than wobbling. oh, and in smash, not sf or tekken or animal crossing. :laugh:
A move gayer than Wobbling? Got me there...

But howabout having to face m2k? m2k>wobbling.

The community, however, cheers more for a wobble than for m2k. So, in turn, shouldn't we see a ban on Jason?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
First I was afraid (Inui)
I was petrified (Kirby)
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side (Ice Climbers)
But I spent so many nights (Sheik)
thinking how you did me wrong (Ganon)
I grew strong (Cactuar)
I learned how to carry on (Donkey Kong)
and so you're back (Peach)
from outer space (Mew2King)

When I'm bored, I like looking up song lyrics and referencing each line to something.

As for a move(ment) gayer than Wobbling... I believe it was called "Disco".

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Kiwii I stand corrected. It seems that my friend Charles is definitly the one on drugs. I was somewhat insulted by you asking if I was stupid, but in all honesty the feeling didn't last long. I just don't give a ****. lol. Like my ***** Zanguzen told me after reading my post, not everyone will share my opinion and it's not that serious.

My opinion of Wobbling has little to do with Wobbling itself. I think that when a fighting game community deals with a powerful technique it forces the community to evolve and grow to new levels. I believe players will hit a higher level of play in dealing with this technique. That is all. I think banning it inhibits our growth. But whatever. I'm just in TSA. I'm not one of it's leaders so I can't do much about it and I wouldn't make a decision that the majority of the community disagreed with anyway.

Also in terms of things being gayer then Wobbling I was thinking more in terms of strats, tactics, approach games, pressure games. The high level crap that gives the top 5 such an advantage. Mostly I was thinking of the things that make the top 5 so beastly and not neccessarily one technique.

As far as single techniques go, then yes, Wobbling is the gayest. But IC's themselves are far outclassed in terms of gayness by the top 5 IMO.

Anyway, I have no beef with you Kiwii. The truth is that your comment about **** by old men and such was just so out there I really didn't know what to say.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Actually he was so aroused that he exploded all over Sensei's carpet. Sensei made him get down on his knees and scrub it off.

So amazing.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Wait, wait. I thought I knocked over your cup of cola on his carpet? Maybe I was mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom