• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smasholmania in the 818 featuring Marvel(Hosted by Emily and J666)(Apr 30)

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
Welcome to Smasholmania
As Jesson and I were talking one day I started to think about how much I suck at Melee and how the only thing i'm good at is helping run tourneys and how fun they are and then I said to Jesson "Hey we should have a tournament at my house" and here we are.

!. When and Where
April 30, 2011

8645 Columbus St #2
North Hills Ca 91323

$$$$$$$
Singles: $5
Doubles:$10 ($5 per person)
Venue:$3(Must bring full set up and it must be used to get fee off)
Marvel:$5

Singles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Doubles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

!!. SCHEDULE
11:00am - Door Open (YAY)&& Registration STARTS! (please register as soon as you walk in to start the tourney asap! :D)
12:00am - Registration Closed for both Singles and Doubles
12:45pm - Doubles Bracket Starts
(Singles will start towards the end of Doubles)

!!!. Emily's House Rules
-Don't break anything
-Don't Pee in or on the bath tub
-Don't choice a "Throw Up Spot"
-Be Nice to my Mommy

!!!!. Tourney Rules
(Same rules as Nice Shot Hugo)
* Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser chooses ban before next match.
* Items off.

* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
*One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)

*You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player. (Modified Dave's Stupid Rule)

* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.

* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

* Wobbling is banned.

* There will be no ties in any tournament. Anyone refusing to play any Match (including the finals) will be disqualified and forfeit all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

* Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally under performing, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

Hugs Stupid Rule - You can only pick neutral stages against mid tier or lower char. unless agreed upon by the player. However, mid and lower can counterpick freely on high tier and above. The player must call for the HSR before the set for it to be use.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
* 8 minute time limit.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5. Losers and winners semi will also be 3 out of 5 for SINGLES ONLY

!!!!!. Equipment
If you can bring TVs, Systems, and Power strips
Let us know if you are or can bring something its first come first serve if you don't let us know and your equipment doesn't get used you don't get venue off.Also Marvel will only be on the PS3.
TVs
1.Emily
2.Emily
3.Goldio
4.WHA
5.WHA
6.Emily
7.Peligro
8.Peligro

Cube/Wii
1.Emily
2.Jesson
3.Peligro
4.Goldio
5.Goldio
6.WHA
7.WHA
PS3
6.Goldio
7.Emily
8.Morb
9.Peligro

Power Strips
1. Goldio
2. Peligro
Contact!
Phone: (818)515-3112

PS. PIZZA CHIPS AND DRINKS WILL BE SOLD (:

PSS.Six Flags the day after the tourney!

WHA?

Smash Ace
theres no excuse not to go
although venue fee scared me, do we get free drink with it?
i think either hazes tourny or this one will suffer from bein in same week...... hope not
2 full setups

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Well we sorta assumed that No Melee person wanted to go to you brawl tourney bc isnt Brawl on sat and melee on sunday we didnt think it would be a problem since there have been melee tourneys the same day as your brawl tourneys and also smashers like going to sat/sun tourneys so we dont see what the problem is.
also we would have made it the weekend after but were gonna be busy.

and to wha sorry about the 5 dollar venue fee but thats the only way we can host it at Emilys and if it turns out well we might be able to lower it later

Emily and Jesson

Lovage

Smash Hero
we have too many tournies right now as it is haha

for me personally i can't make em all and would probably prioritize grev n champ's over the new 818 tournies
BUT THATS JUST ME

baka4moé

Smash Champion
as for me, not sure, two tournies in one weekend is really iffy depending on how much work i have. whenever there are two tournies tho, i try to prioritize the one on saturday, or whichever is expected to have a higher turnout. that's just me tho...

if you guys end up canceling this, please host it some other time though, (like a tourney-free weekend), as smash at yalls place sounds really super AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEE! :)

Goldio

Smash Rookie
I'll go since it's not too far. My bro might come and watch/play friendlies.
I can bring a Wii and Gamecube and 2 copies of melee.
I can also bring my PS3 but i don't have marvel for it lol

Edit: Also a TV and like 5 powerstrips, or however many i can stuff into a backpack.

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
I'll go since it's not too far. My bro might come and watch/play friendlies.
I can bring a Wii and Gamecube and 2 copies of melee.
I can also bring my PS3 but i don't have marvel for it lol

Edit: Also a TV and like 5 powerstrips, or however many i can stuff into a backpack.
ok cool :)
we really appreciate it :) and maybe we can rent a copy of Marvel lol

Goldio

Smash Rookie
Just so we are on the same page i'm assuming marvel is MvC3? cause if it is my bro says he can mod his Xbox 360 fight stick so he can play on a PS3 and he'll play in that tourney.

And yeah as long as i remember ill rent one from blockbuster or something before we head over there.

hugQ Cortex

Master
LLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOO

@ your sig, Jesson...LOLLL

Also, I plan on attending this :)

WHA?

Smash Ace
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok cool
hype this ppl
also j whenever u post its like anti-hype........

HYPE++++++++

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
so this is basically the day before I take one of my AP tests...idk if I can make it to this :( sorry Jesson+Emily

baka4moé

Smash Champion
pffffft AP tests.....

turns out my school doesn't take AP tests for any credit, so all the ones I worked for were for naught LOL

gl connor, hope to see you at champs then :)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
pffffft AP tests.....

turns out my school doesn't take AP tests for any credit, so all the ones I worked for were for naught LOL

gl connor, hope to see you at champs then :)
that's unfortunate haha. thanks Baka.

also, Champ's tourny is the same day as my SATs LOL *sadlife*

baka4moé

Smash Champion
fuuuuuuuuuuu. if irvine decides to go to festizzios the next day u should go to that ;]

man standardized tests are dumb and scary. i have to start studying for the GRE soon too....

WHA?

Smash Ace
haha friggin tests after tests after tests............ i wish i was as good at smash as i am at takin tests.............
DONT GO AGAINST UR GUT FEELING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuCKy

Smash Master
is any of irvine comin to this?

either way im pretty excited to play some marvel lol

n melee too if johnny comes so i can **** him up :]

WHA?

Smash Ace
i was wondering........... will the hotdogs be bacon wrapped?

Top Bottom