• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT2 London Tourney (Brawl Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Gonna sort out this soon with the date, to get the London scene up and going for another tournament cause everyones being god **** lazy with hosting. It will essentially be a brawl tourney (maybe doubles). If you're interested, just leave your name and I'll add it to the list in this post. As far as housing goes, I think there are a few cheapish hostels/hotels around, sorry about not being able to house if you do live outside london. We're just stingy like that. I'm gonna try my best to get the same venue for a reasonable date and price.

If any Londoners are able to house, just contact Me or Frostbyte

Me
Frost
Tos
Chrisboi
Kman
El Nino
Synapse
Tails Chao
Neutralshadow
Gaiduku
Koops
Yeniths
Skalor
king_NDj247
+1
Craiigg

£8 should cover the whole thing, brawl together with the venue charge.

This will probably be £4 venue fee and £4 for the tourney
- Pots will be split 60/30/10
--------------------------------

TipTree Communial Hall

POST CODE - IG5 0SX

Use www.multimap.com and type in IG5 0SX to get a pretty specific map of where it is

(go past Kelvedon Lodge, youll see Costcutters, take the first left then first left again..the roads are practically next to eachother so its like a 270º turn)

it should be like on the clayhall avenue
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions for people without cars:

(guessing your all getting a coach/train to victoria or waterloo)

From Victoria you get on the victoria line, get off at oxford circus.. From Waterloo I suggest taking the jubilee line to Stratford. then change to the Central Line (eastbound) and get to Gants Hill (Hainault via newbury park train)

Then you get out of one side of the station and you should see a "Cash Converters" shop somewhere Which has a 128 bus stop outside
you take the 128, it goes into barkingside high street (you'll see a macdonalds on your left = barkingside) and takes a left turn, get off at the stop where there is a small shop called "CostCutters" it's like 3/4 stops past barkingside (after the left turn)

- I advice ask the bus driver for Kelvedon Lodge, or a bus stop past Barkingside beside Costcutters

then you walk out the bus obviously, head right..take the first left, then the first left again and you see the venue called "TipTree Communial Hall"
(its like 1 min from the stop)

I require people to get to the venue at ______ (not specificied yet, no later or too early please though)

I have the venue from __________ (NO TIME WASTING)

Email me/msg me on the boards for any information

Venue Stuff...
theres a male and female toilet, 100 seats, 20-30 tables and heating
a kitchen with an oven, microwave and boiling water tap (People need to ask me permission to use those and ill prob forbid use of the oven -_-)
NO MESS, ESPECIALLY CHEWING GUM

oh and dont forget your setups which will probably be wii's with a fully completed brawl save + no crashing bs wii's please

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Good stuff. I'll just add that the point of the tourney was to gain a bit of interest in smash. People don't randomly go to smashfests, but tournies are a different matter because competition also gains interest.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I'll come to support the tourn fuzzy

Don't really wanna play though :urg:

4stock

Smash Cadet
i'm coming but i think if it 's better organized there might be some time for some doubles. or even a crew battle

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
To play melty all you need to do is find someone your level and read a guide to get a basic combo down. Then play how you normally play a fighting game, rushing people down to make them do unsafe ****. Or play ToS he's ****

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
hey pro do you think you will get brawl?
I will but not soonish, i'm going round 4stock house anyway to destroy him as usual. When I do get brawl though I will be the best, but it is nothing in comparison to melee so I will take my time until its cheaper and I can bother to get it.

SM4SH K1NG

Smash Rookie
I brawl online but normally the 2 min game. Got one friend and one family member FCs but best connection is yellow

chris H

Smash Journeyman
well i play melee and brawl yes melee is better hey 4 stock if i play you you will be getting 4 stocked everyday cboi out oh SM4H if you want to brawl add me on msn it is on my signature

Retroking2000

Smash Master
frozen is the king of buttkissing :p you should call him doodoowave

LOL jking ,

@ 4stock i am not going to the U.S
its frostbyte that is LOOL

@kone : i thought you were dead :S

sm4shking : why do you basic brawl its the worst competition .

to tell you the truth i am starting to not play smash more and more these days

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Sorry Charles but I'm not coming to this. I don't want to have to pay for housing and I doubt anyone apart from the London rabble will be turning up and to be frank, most of the london players are the most dislikeable people in the smash community :(. apart from Charles, Frost, Pdot, Kman, Tails chao and a few others they're all pretty bad eggs.

Ed- are you back?

Edds

Smash Ace
Sorry Charles but I'm not coming to this. I don't want to have to pay for housing and I doubt anyone apart from the London rabble will be turning up and to be frank, most of the london players are the most dislikeable people in the smash community :(. apart from Charles, Frost, Pdot, Kman, Tails chao and a few others they're all pretty bad eggs.

Ed- are you back?
agree'd tki was awesome

Retroking2000

Smash Master

Ed- are you back?
LOL i know no one in the community who i dislike at all .

agree'd tki was awesome
why was it awesome ? please explain

Edwin is the king of flaking
come to my house right now , oh you cant guess that makes you a flaker

Yeah ed *sigh*, ain't you gonna try host something? Man the turnout for this looks so ****ty, agree'd with Ben too
smash is a **** game no wonder no one goes in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom