• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT2 London Tourney (Brawl Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
you have my condolences but unless melee gets played i wont be attending, sorry lads, id love to see you all again but i just dont play brawl =/.

other then that Charles you really need to sort out the housing as soon as you can. Imo Londoners have a feeling that they shouldnt have to badger peeps to get a response, thats just not the case. You NEED to get onto people about this housing situation right now because imo it should have been decided before this thread was even put up. Then you NEED to get onto people about booking straight after so you can have a core amount of attendees that you can advertise to other peeps to intice them to come.

A tournament is like a gig, for it to succeed it needs to be organised then advertised then maintained!
If you want it to be a success you need to put all your efforts into it, simple as. PS i dont mean to be a jerk but i thought this lesson was learned from previous mistakes.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
spkz in not around no more pro is upset an there was a lot of people that went to his house charles you was one but you got robbed all the time you went there finished well spkz did help us a lot at GT
Who is upset spkz isn't around anymore, its his choice loool. Your a very dumb person.

The thing is, London is still one of the biggest smash communities in the uk, but like frozen said, you're not the nicest of people, p.pro and edwin for example. After that there's the NW probably the second best place in the UK for smash and then Scotland. The obvious problem is that they're too spaced out and travelling is expensive. Btw, you're a complete moron if you're blaming charles for any of this cos he's only helped the community.
I fail to see why you always get involved in London business lol like your opinion is important.
I'm nicer then you.
And individual people have got nothing to do with how the London community has turned out, your just dumb and you can only see it in that perspective...what a clown.
You are not the most tolerant person on the boards either lol You are quite dumb and always around, even on msn when an incident is finished looool EEEEEEEE's.
only a complete pus*y like you would not join the community because people are trasktalking each other and get scared and as pdot previously said they need to 'Man Up' (but in big and red). I know you can't disagree with what I said there because Pdot said it and I know how much you suck up to pdot lol... Just a lil comment I thought I should add in.
I still blame Charles for numbers of reasons for messing up the community.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
you have my condolences but unless melee gets played i wont be attending, sorry lads, id love to see you all again but i just dont play brawl =/.

other then that Charles you really need to sort out the housing as soon as you can. Imo Londoners have a feeling that they shouldnt have to badger peeps to get a response, thats just not the case. You NEED to get onto people about this housing situation right now because imo it should have been decided before this thread was even put up. Then you NEED to get onto people about booking straight after so you can have a core amount of attendees that you can advertise to other peeps to intice them to come.

A tournament is like a gig, for it to succeed it needs to be organised then advertised then maintained!
If you want it to be a success you need to put all your efforts into it, simple as. PS i dont mean to be a jerk but i thought this lesson was learned from previous mistakes.

brawl vs melee in the UK , but i dont really care if some ppl want melee i , will play it again .

yes i wish i could house , but my house is big we have like a lounge and 1 guest room , but my mum is stingy as **** because im irresponsible:( ,

sorry guys i just cant house anyone but i would love to house jo3 get nice finish .

Mr P

Smash Ace
First off Bullet bill, Scotland IS the best place to smash in the UK.

The scene in the UK is dead in a competitive sense because of a couple of things, firstly because the release of Brawl has split the community i would say roughly right down the middle, it's seems 50/50 between people liking it or not. Speaking personally i think Brawl is ok in the same way mario kart is ok but i in no way share the same passion for brawl as i do melee and there's very little chance i would travel to play it in the same way i have done melee in the past. i certainly didn't feel reinvigorated when i first played it and even now i've only grown to like it a little.
I think another reason why the scene at the moment is dead is that there haven't been quite as many noobs appearing on the boards as we might have expeected (so far) and a lot of the ones who have appeared seem only interested in playing online (***s) There's been no new people come in who have tried to get tournaments running in their area, or even posting on the boards making cocky posts, it's a bit surprising to me but i also have no doubt that new blood will come in its own time and we just need to be patient in that respect.
Another factor i think is that a lot of people are just either busy in their life or they just dont care to compete/make the effort into running big events anymore. This is definately the case in Scotland as i think most of us are done competing in smash tournaments for the time being, the desire is not there anymore which is not surprising because of the lack of competition and events currently about. We're all happy just to chill out at smashfests whilst also doing other stuff like playing poker and drinking. We still enjoy playing the game and we play about as much as we always have... but it's just not the same anymore.

Charles kinda has the right idea in trying to do this local tournie, but his attitude is pretty bad and if he wants this to be a success then he needs to get everything sorted out about housing etc first. Most of you idiots from London dont help though at all and i can understand his frustration with you, maybe if you stopped you're bickering and *****ing all the time and actually did something useful your scene (london) wouldnt be a steaming pile of ****. :laugh::laugh:

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
spkz In Not Around No More Pro Is Upset An There Was a Lot Of People That Went To His House Charles You Was One But You Got Robbed All The Time You Went There Finished Well Spkz Did Help Us A Lot At Gt
Lolololol !

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
First off Bullet bill, Scotland IS the best place to smash in the UK.

The scene in the UK is dead in a competitive sense because of a couple of things, firstly because the release of Brawl has split the community i would say roughly right down the middle, it's seems 50/50 between people liking it or not. Speaking personally i think Brawl is ok in the same way mario kart is ok but i in no way share the same passion for brawl as i do melee and there's very little chance i would travel to play it in the same way i have done melee in the past. i certainly didn't feel reinvigorated when i first played it and even now i've only grown to like it a little.
I think another reason why the scene at the moment is dead is that there haven't been quite as many noobs appearing on the boards as we might have expeected (so far) and a lot of the ones who have appeared seem only interested in playing online (***s) There's been no new people come in who have tried to get tournaments running in their area, or even posting on the boards making cocky posts, it's a bit surprising to me but i also have no doubt that new blood will come in its own time and we just need to be patient in that respect.
Another factor i think is that a lot of people are just either busy in their life or they just dont care to compete/make the effort into running big events anymore. This is definately the case in Scotland as i think most of us are done competing in smash tournaments for the time being, the desire is not there anymore which is not surprising because of the lack of competition and events currently about. We're all happy just to chill out at smashfests whilst also doing other stuff like playing poker and drinking. We still enjoy playing the game and we play about as much as we always have... but it's just not the same anymore.

Charles kinda has the right idea in trying to do this local tournie, but his attitude is pretty bad and if he wants this to be a success then he needs to get everything sorted out about housing etc first. Most of you idiots from London dont help though at all and i can understand his frustration with you, maybe if you stopped you're bickering and *****ing all the time and actually did something useful your scene (london) wouldnt be a steaming pile of ****. :laugh::laugh:
This is the main reason why the UK is dead, not trasktalking as many idiots with extremly low intelligence think lol.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
you dont get it at all , trashtalking instead of organizing stuff is what is also making the UK dead . i agree the main reason is the 50 / 50 dilemma , but thats not the whole reason .

i think the lack of commitment on SWF is the deciding factor

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you dont get it at all , trashtalking instead of organizing stuff is what is also making the UK dead . i agree the main reason is the 50 / 50 dilemma , but thats not the whole reason .

i think the lack of commitment on SWF is the deciding factor
You were saying before that trashtalking was stopping new people from coming in the community, I asked you what new people, you couldnt awnser. You obviously are just listening to other people without knowing anything, your an idiot. Brawl messed it up tbh. Look how much people have left and not contributing due to brawl, and the new brawlers aren't doing much to help either. Brawl is the awnser. Not trashtalking... Edwin shut up. I rarely say shut up but shut up. :D

Can someone tell me who these apparent new people are coming to the UK scene and leaving due to the trasktalk, I think its a lie and the smashers are making it up due to their feelings being hurt LOOOOL. And if new smashers are leaving due to trashtalk they need to 'M** U*'

Retroking2000

Smash Master
im not talking about new ppl , and dont call me and idiot because i dont call you that right .

im on about the remaining members , TBH i couldnt give a **** about the new ppl right now , all this thread is on about is trashtalk and not organizing stuff thats all i am saying .

the **** with the new ppl was that neoempire stuff

COEY

Smash Lord
Don't think i will be coming to this, mostly due to the fact that it is Brawl and not Melee. This could very well change though as i have friends who could house me in Essex and on how much Koop bugs me to come :p

Why no melee? Not even low tiers?

COEY

Smash Lord
It's not that i don't like brawl, it's just that i don't like it enough to continually travel to play it, and don't have the motivation to practice it. Plus the fact i get bored of it within half hour of playing it.

4stock

Smash Cadet
why is there so many arguements within the uk smash community. we should be talking about who's better, dashizwiz or eggm. this is really bad. if things keep going on like this, then brawl will die down as well. its not looking good people.

4stock

Smash Cadet
by the way i'm going to see spkz on thursday, just to see how he is, because i don't want anyone being a outcast from the smash community. me and my friends use to love smash but now u lot make it feel depressing. for shame.......... for shame..............

Edds

Smash Ace
why is there so many arguements within the uk smash community. we should be talking about who's better, dashizwiz or eggm. this is really bad. if things keep going on like this, then brawl will die down as well. its not looking good people.
between 5 people?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
What isit with your addicition with Eggm lol. I already told you DaShizWiz is better.
Trashtalking isnt the main reason to the community falling, it is way more complicated then that.

5 important people, plus the conversation is pretty heated
IMPORTANT loool.

4stock

Smash Cadet
personaly i think prof is funny. u should not get upset about what he says. he just up set that he got the 4stock.

4stock

Smash Cadet
by the way who are the people having the argument anyway? i will 4stock u all ha ha ha hahaaaaaaaha................. ha
haaaaaaaaaa

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
reason why the tourney is brawl is because there isn't enough interested from most players, brawl would attract more and I can't house which takes out most of the melee players. + sorry Aiko it's gonna have to be late August im on holiday till then. Im gonna sort the venue out on monday and get a date up

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
reason why the tourney is brawl is because there isn't enough interested from most players, brawl would attract more and I can't house which takes out most of the melee players. + sorry Aiko it's gonna have to be late August im on holiday till then. Im gonna sort the venue out on monday and get a date up
Your a disgarce for doing that.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
ok you host a melee tourney with housing and get everyone to come gl, seriously shut up prof you can't even organize **** because you aint even helping at all. Give me a valid reason to host melee apart from yourself

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i found someone , who wants to come . i will make him post later today :) . and he has 4 casual players that he wants to come with so thats 5 ppl coming soon

you start the argument prof . y
and whats with the homophobic insults , you dont know anything about his Personal life . you called him a disgrace and you tell him to say sorry ?

LOL how to do you send a junk email , like the email that goes to alot of people xD .

4stock

Smash Cadet
Your a disgarce for doing that.
that was ruuuuuuuuuuude loooooooooooool. but i think it's time to face facts. brawl is a wak game and will never get as far as melee. the reason why people play brawl is because they wish some day that they will find a advance technique that will even be as good as melee. so not to be rude fuzz but i think u should host a melee only tornement. it's in everybodies best interest.:):):)

Edds

Smash Ace
problem with melee tourneys is less people turn up. and melee has a steep learning curve. i doubt you'll find anyone new popup.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
that was ruuuuuuuuuuude loooooooooooool. but i think it's time to face facts. brawl is a wak game and will never get as far as melee. the reason why people play brawl is because they wish some day that they will find a advance technique that will even be as good as melee. so not to be rude fuzz but i think u should host a melee only tornement. it's in everybodies best interest.:):):)
haha thats not the reason i play brawl i just want to go to something new . when melee came out there was a 50/50 between smash64 and melee , the 64 players was arguing saying melee sucks and dont have no ATs and stuff boy were they wrong , the same thing is happening , now , brawl will take over its only a matter of time . also why do you love melee so much ? . brawl will eventually get more technical than melee

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you start the argument prof . y
and whats with the homophobic insults , you dont know anything about his Personal life . you called him a disgrace and you tell him to say sorry ?
I can call him a disgrace if I want to because he is a homo tbh. Dont need to know specifically what goes on in his personal life. Funny stuff to cuss his disgusting ways tbh.

problem with melee tourneys is less people turn up. and melee has a steep learning curve. i doubt you'll find anyone new popup.
Well he was not asking to take away brawl he was just saying add in melee.

haha thats not the reason i play brawl i just want to go to something new . when melee came out there was a 50/50 between smash64 and melee , the 64 players was arguing saying melee sucks and dont have no ATs and stuff boy were they wrong , the same thing is happening , now , brawl will take over its only a matter of time . also why do you love melee so much ? . brawl will eventually get more technical than melee
Sorry but it was not 50/50 when melee came out, now that the community is big and we have a big knowledge of the smash game any useful AT technique would of been found out by now. loool At some brawlers clinging on the hope of an AT being found out. It cant get more technical then melee, your actually dumb, due to the AT that were taken out its impossible to become more technical then brawl and the speed of the game limits it and any technical stuff would be EXTREMELY easy, I dont know who you been listening to or if you came up with these ideas yourself but your a REAL HARDCORE IDIOT and I have notice that recently that you are just an idiot/follower lol.

well done pro you are doing what i told you to do
looool I dont listen to you, what you said dont even make sense and your actually the biggest dummy in the whole of the UK that I know. Quite an achievement there, be proud.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i dont really care if you call me dumb because i know i am not .

how the hell would you know about brawl you dont have it . all that IDC , snake boosting that ain't technical LOOL melee aint that technical actually , your just thinking about shine , wavedash and all that stuff , brawl will get more technical than melee face the facts . brawl is slower so you can actually do alot of ATs , therefore making it more technical , plus melee has been out for 6 years , brawl only about 5months , they didnt discover wavedashing until the 9 months since melee came out , LOOL look what they have done with brawl . so dont tell me **** OK

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i dont really care if you call me dumb because i know i am not .

how the hell would you know about brawl you dont have it . all that IDC , snake boosting that ain't technical LOOL melee aint that technical actually , your just thinking about shine , wavedash and all that stuff , brawl will get more technical than melee face the facts . brawl is slower so you can actually do alot of ATs , therefore making it more technical , plus melee has been out for 6 years , brawl only about 5months , they didnt discover wavedashing until the 9 months since melee came out , LOOL look what they have done with brawl . so dont tell me **** OK
No I was kinda talking about Pivots, wavelands, moonwalks, edge cancelling, Shai dropping, Isai dropping, Pc dropping, shield pivots, SHFFLs, SHFFL Di'd and many more stuff. So yes you are a certified 100% idiot if you think that brawl will be more technical then melee LOOOL....I'm sorry but seriously if you think that brawl is more technical because it is slower then your wrong, you cant call it more technical when techniques which make the game technical have not been found out that make it more advanced then melee, seriously Edwin smarten up here, and you wonder why I call you an idiot. It took them along time to figure out the AT because the smash scene wasnt big back then but melee made it big and with the knowledge of the smash series a useful technique to seperate good people from bad would have been found out by now. You just keep clinging on the idea that one will be figured out and I will continue knowing your an idiot lool.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
pro just shut up man no one gives a **** and you may say bad things about me say them to my face and see what i do to you
What the *** can you do to me, I would beat the **** out of you if we were face to face you cant do me nothing. Next time I see you i'll see if you want it and then we will see how things go from there. Your fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom