• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
BRAWLERS PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!

If any Brawler gets this message PLEASE just bring ur wii with PAL Brawl, Shlurpie, GP any1 bring as many wii's as you can, Help will be greatly Appreciated.

auroreon

Smash Ace
oh fuzzy, are you allowing the use of brawls with mods that stop random tripping?
There is absolutely no logical argument at all that can be made to support preventing people from using the No Tripping code, I dare someone to try.
Besides, just bring the No Tripping code anyway without asking, I can assure you that nobody would notice or care.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
George pleeeeeeease bring my melee+mem card this time xD

/e Jesus Mang0's Marth is literally just an evolution of Chrisboi's >__>

Charles I know I keep saying it but do you wanna work on doing these Melee texture hacks? xD

The_Rake

Smash Lord
There is absolutely no logical argument at all that can be made to support preventing people from using the No Tripping code, I dare someone to try.
Besides, just bring the No Tripping code anyway without asking, I can assure you that nobody would notice or care.
meh, i know people use the code at ranbats from time to time. i just wanted to check if things were being done 100% down the line. although i do agree with you auro, personally i dont see why not

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Some really bad news guys, Doplghost has caught the nova virus and is really sick atm. So unfortunately he will not be making it.

So does anyone want to be my Brawl doubles partner for this? I'm the 4th seed in singles and I am really good. =]]]

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Some really bad news guys, Doplghost has caught the nova virus and is really sick atm. So unfortunately he will not be making it.

So does anyone want to be my Brawl doubles partner for this? I'm the 4th seed in singles and I am really good. =]]]
I'll team with you willz, unless you want someone good :laugh:

hope dopl gets well soon :(

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice

Wow, isn't that a flip load of bad luck D: out of all the time he could have got it, he got it now :/

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
What? There's a tourney the same time I'm back home instead of at Uni? Well I guess that means I'll be there with my American Brawl with replay codes and 23" HD TV.

Oh yeah you know where the finals are gonna be played

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Have any of the following got partners?; Edwin, Siri and Jmiller?

I really want a good team partner (no offence to Almas and Ben, but I want to be with someone I know I can win money with and they are good at Brawl >:]

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Tamoo, I've got your external hard drive, don't worry. Anyone know if Dizard's going? I really want my memory card back! I'll be bringing yours with me if you are...

This was a while ago, but I'll take up your MM offer LJ. I guess just sort it out at the venue when there's time.

See y'all tomorrow then!

Edit: Hype!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
see you all there tommorow people :)

will be bringing a melee setup.

My money matches-
Deathgazer £1
Tuna (purple **** characters) £1
Professor Prick £1

Hype!!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Fuzzy is it okay if me and Marni stay at your place for a bit this morning? As we are going to be in London for like 11pm... I've got your number so I'll call you once we get here, can't really remember where you live though >_>

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
^_^ Todays the day! Gunna be heading off soon! Btw, if anyone wants a match recorded find me and (if I'm not doing anything) I'll record it (Cam no screen Cap) Then I'll upload it to youtube.

Also, do you mind taking notes (Money) Because I think I can only get £5/£10 notes :/

Getsuga Tenshou

Smash Rookie
I take it the winner is going to be the best meta knight player rather than the best skilled player :(...i'll just wait for the london expo

auroreon

Smash Ace
Hey Getsuga Tenshou, perhaps you should try actually attending a smash tournament to see whats its like before making ignorant assumptions. Sorry if I appear hostile but I think its very silly to pass on attending real tournaments because of your stereotypical (and misinformed) view on them, without ever going to one to see what they are really like. There is no high ranking MK main in the UK.
Oh and btw, we'll be at the London expo as well so be sure to say hi, we'll be the ones beating you.

Anyway... I hope everyone is enjoying GT2. With Dopl out of the runnings I predict Kmac stealing first place.

Getsuga Tenshou

Smash Rookie
Hey Getsuga Tenshou, perhaps you should try actually attending a smash tournament to see whats its like before making ignorant assumptions. Sorry if I appear hostile but I think its very silly to pass on attending real tournaments because of your stereotypical (and misinformed) view on them, without ever going to one to see what they are really like. There is no high ranking MK main in the UK.
Oh and btw, we'll be at the London expo as well so be sure to say hi, we'll be the ones beating you.

Anyway... I hope everyone is enjoying GT2. With Dopl out of the runnings I predict Kmac stealing first place.
Well that was a little hostile, and i don't believe i was being ignorant or making assumptions for the fact that there has been a tendencies of mk brawlers winning, and the fact that he has his own tier (not saying that tiers are what it is all about but really the fact that it does have some signifance for why he would have his own tier). And instead of clearly contradicting yourself and making an assumption that i don't attend tournaments when frankly you don't even know me, but i guess nothing i should be to concerned about. and another assumption of me not attending because of being stereotypical, im not coming because i unfortunately can't make it but seeing a really good mk play are very difficult to defeat especially when i had faced them first hand, and watching other people face mk even people who were excellent were getting beaten without much of a chance to fight because of the fact that he has no lag inbetween many of his moves, and that his strength is pretty good, well i guess my opinion.
And well okay i guess i'll see you at the london expo, i may be the one dressed as afro samurai, and u beating me well.... good luck with that i guess, hope you do well in the current tournament you at so that i can play someone who can make it atleast to the semi's.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Well that was a little hostile,
Yea I thought I came accross a bit more hostile than was intended, try not to take offence as thats just the way I talk and without the benefits of context that body language and speach provide, I can seem pretty harsh.

and i don't believe i was being ignorant or making assumptions for the fact that there has been a tendencies of mk brawlers winning, and the fact that he has his own tier (not saying that tiers are what it is all about but really the fact that it does have some signifance for why he would have his own tier).
Well actually to say "I take it the winner is going to be the best meta knight player rather than the best skilled player" is to make an assumption, and its an assumption that displays your ignorance on the matter. The definition of ignorance is to be uninformed, as MK certainly does not dominate the UK smash scene and I can't even remember the last time an MK won a tournament here, it is evident that you are ignorant about the UK smash scene.

And instead of clearly contradicting yourself and making an assumption that i don't attend tournaments when frankly you don't even know me,
Well considering you are ignorant about UK tournaments enough to assume that an MK will win and if you did attend tournaments one would think you would have posted on here before now, the evidence does seem to suggest you don't attend UK tournaments.
Although, whilst it was based on significant supporting evidence, it was still an assumption for me to say you don't attend tournaments, and by making that assumption I was technically contradicting myself, so well played.

and another assumption of me not attending because of being stereotypical, im not coming because i unfortunately can't make it
Thats fair enough, as you can probably tell by my replying to you now, I also can't make this one. But you structured your post to imply that the reason you weren't attending was your belief that the tournament would be dominated by MK.

but seeing a really good mk play are very difficult to defeat especially when i had faced them first hand, and watching other people face mk even people who were excellent were getting beaten without much of a chance to fight because of the fact that he has no lag inbetween many of his moves, and that his strength is pretty good, well i guess my opinion.
Nobody is going to deny that MK is an increibly good character easily capable of winning in almost any situation, and a highly skilled MK player can seem unbeatable. But if you had knowledge of tournament results and had seen matches of high level play between MK and other characters, you would know that as good as MK is, he can be beaten by players of equivilant skill using other characters and does not completely dominate competetive Brawl.

And well okay i guess i'll see you at the london expo, i may be the one dressed as afro samurai, and u beating me well.... good luck with that i guess, hope you do well in the current tournament you at so that i can play someone who can make it atleast to the semi's.
Guess I'll look out for a Brawl playing Afro Samurai then lol. Hopefully the expo date won't clash with a smash tournament date this year.
Oh and if you happen to get there early and there is a guy going by the name 'Willz' there offering to run the Brawl tourney, do us all a favor and MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT HE DOES NOT RUN THE TOURNEY.

Getsuga Tenshou

Smash Rookie
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL..... You're pretty cool and yeah willz usually offers to run the tourney, he is a good player unfortunately we always in different leagues so we never get to play each other, and i usually lose to the winner of the tourney at the semi's and i had that assumption because i lost to someone called kira in the semi's aswell using the mk, when i first realised what an mk was capable of, but yh i'll try and tell him to hang back on the touney, if you don't mind me asking why? and add me on my msn if you want flowboi@hotmail.co.uk

But no doubt i will be there, missed the lost the last one so i definetely want to be at this tourney. Oh btw i never was on this forum because i use another forum, and if not im on the forum about "new members fight arena"

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well that was a little hostile, and i don't believe i was being ignorant or making assumptions for the fact that there has been a tendencies of mk brawlers winning, and the fact that he has his own tier (not saying that tiers are what it is all about but really the fact that it does have some signifance for why he would have his own tier). And instead of clearly contradicting yourself and making an assumption that i don't attend tournaments when frankly you don't even know me, but i guess nothing i should be to concerned about. and another assumption of me not attending because of being stereotypical, im not coming because i unfortunately can't make it but seeing a really good mk play are very difficult to defeat especially when i had faced them first hand, and watching other people face mk even people who were excellent were getting beaten without much of a chance to fight because of the fact that he has no lag inbetween many of his moves, and that his strength is pretty good, well i guess my opinion.
I dunno man Kira plays Falco and rips players to shreds.

Also I didn't play a single MK in pools today, but I did play a fair few in doubles (I even teamed with one lol).

Ironic because MK is much better in singles than doubles anyway.

Had a lot of fun today. XD

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
aura i ran the brawl tourney today n no one complained so u can stfu. Seems that u cant seem to get over 1 error i made in my june fest. Now please stfu. Shoutout 2 cloudrain 4 rapin wit me in dubs 2day. C u all tommz

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
aura i ran the brawl tourney today n no one complained so u can stfu. Seems that u cant seem to get over 1 error i made in my june fest. Now please stfu. Shoutout 2 cloudrain 4 rapin wit me in dubs 2day. C u all tommz
Lmao after meeting you this post just seems so wrong.

Who knew such an innocent face could have such attitude.

:D

auroreon

Smash Ace
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL..... You're pretty cool and yeah willz usually offers to run the tourney, he is a good player unfortunately we always in different leagues so we never get to play each other, and i usually lose to the winner of the tourney at the semi's and i had that assumption because i lost to someone called kira in the semi's aswell using the mk, when i first realised what an mk was capable of, but yh i'll try and tell him to hang back on the touney, if you don't mind me asking why? and add me on my msn if you want flowboi@hotmail.co.uk

But no doubt i will be there, missed the lost the last one so i definetely want to be at this tourney. Oh btw i never was on this forum because i use another forum, and if not im on the forum about "new members fight arena"
Yea Kira is one of the best players in the UK he mains Falco now and his Falco is even more formidable than his MK was.
Last time Willz ran the tourney, he actually told us all that they weren't going to run a tourney at the expo that year to make sure no one turned up to beat him so he could get the winnings LOL.
It was funny cos when we got there Kira 3 stocked Willz. It's a shame you missed the last one, Im sure we would have run into each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom