• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
stage striking is the most balanced way to making sure both players get a neutral stage. striking works by reducing the neutral stages till theres only one left. so if the bans where at the biginning and one person bans a neutral and the other bans say mute city, then it would mess with the striking. Although you can technically ban the stage whenever it just wont count for the first match.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
# Melee: Ban one stage each, then Random Select

# Items are off, this includes Brawl, we dont tail EVO.
# Stage Banning Rule: You may choose to ban one stage after the first game
# Daves Stupid Rule: This rule will be in effect, you basically cant CHOOSE a stage you have already won on, if you get to choose. This prevents a match that looks like, FD,Yoshi,Mute City,Yoshi,Mute City
# Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.
# Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
# Wobbling in Melee is banned

Stage Rulings:

Random/Neutral Stages

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages:

Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Kongo Jungle N64
Brinstar
Mute City
Corneria
Rainbow Ride
Pokefloats

id rather do these rules thanks

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I prefer the french rules, it doesn't benefit chars hardly at all. Its annoying enough being forced to play on a stage because you played rock paper scissors wrongly

+ does anyone have a good universal remote, otherwise im gonna have to buy one from asda tomorrow and hope for the best.

if 2/3 people bring universal remotes then no problem will occur, its the fact I cant use 3 of the t.vs as being unable to get on the AV channel

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
what about brawl stages ?
Random/Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:

Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Charles Rainbow Cruise Should Definatly Be On There, Its Used At Most Big Tournies In America and Europe.

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the french rules, it doesn't benefit chars hardly at all. Its annoying enough being forced to play on a stage because you played rock paper scissors wrongly

+ does anyone have a good universal remote, otherwise im gonna have to buy one from asda tomorrow and hope for the best.

if 2/3 people bring universal remotes then no problem will occur, its the fact I cant use 3 of the t.vs as being unable to get on the AV channel
Hmm, I might have one around somewhere, Idk if we sold it or something. I don't even know how to set it up with a TV :/ But I'll let you know if I've still got it. Also, couldn't you just use one and sync it up to each one, one at a time?

Edit: Yep, we gots one. Just need to work out how it works :3

J03

Smash Master
im quite astonished we are not using stage striking, its proven to be amazing every time. If future UK tournies dont adopt stage striking then id be dissapointed and imo it will cause confusion with most using it and one that doesnt.

I dont understand how being bad at R.P.S causes you to play a certain as it does not. unless you dislike 4 of the 5 stages in which case thats your own issue.

ill run some examples.

Falcon vs Peach

Falcon strikes FoD (bad falcon stage)
Peach strikes PS and YS (to leave them with 2 good stages)
Falcon strikes FD (DL is neutral)

Falco vs Marth

Falco strikes YS (good marth stage)
Marth strikes FD and DL (good falco stage and a bad marth stage AND the final 2 stages are neutral)
Falco strikes either/personal preference

it doesnt matter who gets to go first as P1 takes off the stage they dislike the most, P2 gets rid off one they dislike and one they are disadvantaged, P1 then choose from the 2 remaining. If you know yourself and your char then the last 2 stages should always be the most neutral. If not then youll be in a 50/50 neutral/disadvantage and guess what you do rofl.

I would like to ask anyone/everyone if they have ever used stage striking and found the first game they play on is not too their liking? seriously the only way this can happen is if you get rid of your best 2 stages as your own strikes rofl.

also, how are you planning on doing the bans? the one who goes first will always be disadvantaged as if he chooses a neutral the opponent can eiither select the first stage OR give themselves an advantage by getting rid of their most likely counterpick. The only fair way is to run everything double blind which is the biggest ****ing pain i have EVER experienced, and is the entire reason we use stage striking!

ALSO the french ruleset is notorious for giving advantages for certain matchups and advantages to the floatier chars.

E.g Fox peach, the fox should ban DL or either MC/Brinstar. Either one leaves him at a disadvantage.

/outrage

Lastly ill personally be offering every opponent i face if they would rather use S.striking. Ill even allow you to run it a few times for practise first.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I have noticed that with the current settings against a Peach and Captain falcon as a fox I am disadvntaged by the two stages and the only stage which really benefits me is PS.

I agree on the 3 random being a bit one sided in certain matchups, I seriously think it should be 5 stages and Stage Striking.
It leads to the fairest outcome and it's only fair in a UK TOURNAMENT that we make things as fair as possible.

I know Fuzzy that you want to be strict this tournament and stick by your rules, but this rule is kind of a big rule and I think EVERYONE is happier with stage striking.

J03

Smash Master
^bearing in mind PS will 100% be banned by the peach rofl.

EDIT: ive just asked 12 people on msn for their opinon (using this Question "whats your opinon on no stage striking at GT2?")

not a single one is happy about it...

i asked

Pro
Edwin
AmcD
Tuna
ChrisBoi
Blinky
myself (obv rofl)
Aiko

and a few others.

if all our opinions dont matter then somethings wrong rofl

AmcD

Smash Ace
Stage Striking!!! I don't see drawbacks at all, also if you're going to stick with your current ruleset then please put bans after the first game.

J03

Smash Master
aye thats much more fiar but then its a completely random first game haha.

which could easily decide the set considering the ridiculously obscene counterpick stages >_>

no one wants to see a Bo7 end on Brinstar fs.

this is as bad an idea as bens random teams... just lol... proper lol

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Random/Neutral Stages

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:

Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi Story
Kongo Jungle N64
Brinstar
Mute City
Corneria
Rainbow Ride
Pokefloats

stage striking then stage banning after for melee now

Almas

Smash Lord
Well, I'll see you all at the weekend. I'll be bringing along a copy of Project M (as advertised elsewhere), and I can bring my setup if required; although I guess you probably have plenty by now.

Should be fun.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
dude, Brawl- >>>> Project M.

>_>

btw I'm kidding. I've heard good things about Project M, might give it a shot.

osnap I still need to set my vBrawl back up. FAIL. -gonna be up soooooo early tomorrow D:-

J03

Smash Master
Professor Pro
Alpha Dash
The Lust
Gantz
Last Dragon
Tails Chao
Biskin
Unreal
FanDemz
Deathgazer
J3ly
KingNDJ
PMS
Tamoo
Clockmire
Frugs
Kman
El Nino
Synpase
Chrisboi
Edwin
Frostbyte
Yeniths
Willz
Brado
JJlinyard
JJFox
Calzum
L-J
Cheez
Crabman
Warning

everyone on this list is pretty much EXPECTED to be bringing a setup, anyone driving SHOULD bring as many setups as people in the car.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I've just told Shadows and Cookie to each bring their cubes, so +2 to that list :D

Fuzz, did you want me to bring my NTSC setup for kicks? xD

VA

Smash Hero
Prof I was telling you about that pivot **** at Bishkins, apparently craig can do it on command :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom