• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Thats fine fuzz

Would me, yen, brad and cal be able to chill at yours should we get to london early? were prob gona set off a little early than necissary to make sure we avoid traffic.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
My mum doesn't want me to go with Rake cuz she 'doesn't trust him'. There will be no point trying to convince her Rake she won't change her mind.

What we had planned instead was for my parents to take me and Marni down to my uncles in Enfield on Saturday morning and come back Sunday night. My uncle gets from Singapore on the 27th... and he said he doesn't want us round. Which is fair enough I guess...

So hopefully I'll be staying at a hotel now and I'll know by the end of this week if I'm going or not.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
My mum doesn't want me to go with Rake cuz she 'doesn't trust him'. There will be no point trying to convince her Rake she won't change her mind.

What we had planned instead was for my parents to take me and Marni down to my uncles in Enfield on Saturday morning and come back Sunday night. My uncle gets from Singapore on the 27th... and he said he doesn't want us round. Which is fair enough I guess...

So hopefully I'll be staying at a hotel now and I'll know by the end of this week if I'm going or not.
lol So what exactly is the incentive for the lack of trust?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
She doesn't really know Rake well enough to trust him as a driver. I think I've said quite a lot of times that my mum is very protective over me, so letting me go with someone she doesn't know doesn't sound like a good idea to her.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Isn't Brado sleeping at Tamoo's :confused:

Though at the same time

She doesn't really know Rake well enough to trust him as a driver. I think I've said quite a lot of times that my mum is very protective over me, so letting me go with someone she doesn't know doesn't sound like a good idea to her.
Willz your parents need to learn to trust you, you'll be 16 this month >.<

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Haha sup fuzz.

Yeah pro think I'll pop down for this, havent owned a copy of melee for a good 6 months and would be absolutely **** but going to get involved in the scene again now ive got a bit of free time. Ill probably just play a few friendlies and gain some skillz whilst providing venue door security and commentating lolz.

Might be working though, in which case ill be showing my love to the SDB boys end of march and will see you guys sometime after.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Used to instruct, got fired for turning up drunk from the previous night/hungover way too often.

melee is more challenging for me as it requires mindgamez over reaction time. But in both cases im heavily out of practise.

I can drink a beer like the best of 'em, though.

VA

Smash Hero
lol, I'd like to see that. Learn knee next? not shine. You can't falcon punch and shine, that would be broken, probably why you haven't mastered it yet.

Almas

Smash Lord
@L-J. Errm. It's quite likely that Dave (Clockmire) will be around and we also have a resident Smasher who is decent but not amazing.

I'm sure there won't be actual issue with you staying on the basis that it's after term ends and no-one cares anyway. I'm not sure what the actual sleeping conditions will be - at the very least I can give you a blanket and a pillow. If I have enough space in my room, I can borrow a luxurious double airbed from my girlfriend. There's also a fairly-unused room which has several sofas and a lock (which people would probably object to you using but if you sleep late I doubt anyone will notice).

Edit: Apparently Dave may not be around, he's housing Bloodbowler. We'll see what happens.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I still don't see why they go for so much, I'd sell mine for a lot less with the box and all that jazz.

Back on Topic I'm really hyped for this :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I would but gotta get a good pad+some cash or something for it lol

Glad to see Almas is coming :) its been to long...

L-J

Smash Ace
@Almas, that's cool man. Between you and Hugo it looks like there'll definately be somewhere I can stay so I'll just turn up and whichever of you it's easier to go with in the evening I'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom