• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*~Smashfest on the 15th!~*20+ SMASHERS!

tubes

Smash Ace
I will play Guilty Gear and also Smash Bros at this.
I will play Smash Bros and also Guilty Gear at this. Melty Blood looks like an alright game too but The characters are pretty gay. I happen to have a Guilty Gear setup but its on the Wii.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

Purple

Hi guys!
guys, for this smashfest please

please.

bring.

wii.

setups.

I'm not sure if anyone has the same feeling as I. But i HATE waiting in lines to play smash bros at a smashfest with only two wiis, bring your wiis, we have ample TVs. worst case scenario if you guys want to bring a tv to put on a spare outlet we can set something up, but we really Only need Wiis + all cording for the wii for this event.

**and obviously a ps2 set up for Guilty Gear and Melty Blood.

Purple

Hi guys!
you know what's up guys, hype this up, let's make it 30 people, **** make it 40. summer is starting for high schoolers. let's do eet :D

BBQ°

Smash Champion
"summer starting for high schoolers" is usually a bad thing for us. Finals galore. I would actually be able to go because seniors don't do **** the last week or two, but I doubt I would be able to come because I have parent johns. If anything I would come to the monthly.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
rofl i didn't want you to scare away her japanese parents

if there were a melty blood tourney, i would just be even more disappointed i can't attend. OOPS
what a jerk...but yeah, it's true. Japanese people are scared of black people. i know from my girl's folks... :(

bigman40

Smash Master
Dude like, wtf? Why is it that I'm the only one listed for bringing Wiis? Cmon man, we need people to bring their ****. And bring other people there too. Let's get some more people to come have fun at Waba.

Purple

Hi guys!
Dude like, wtf? Why is it that I'm the only one listed for bringing Wiis? Cmon man, we need people to bring their ****. And bring other people there too. Let's get some more people to come have fun at Waba.

this is honestly why smashfests don't work at waba, usually people don't bring set ups thinking that we have them, and we end up not.

@zom`b - what's swr?

everyone bring setups please.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
i'll play this. and i'll main Komachi. whoever was playing this match looked like they had no sense of how to play a 2d fighter, though. and they made Komachi look extra wack, which i know couldn't be true.
There is no high quality footage on youtube because all the good tourneys etc just save/watch replays.

Komachi is pretty awesome. Crazy zoning.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Id be down to play that game it looks really fun =D
id be down to bring a wii + brawl
i have melee but i no wanna bring it <<
and uhmm i vote somewhere close xD

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
cause maybe they have a lot of setups which would be worth paying $5 to use

why do you pay door fee to a gym
so you can use the stuff

it's not like HEY LETS ALL WORK OUT AT THE GYM BRING YOUR OWN BARS

GA Peach

Smash Lord
cause maybe they have a lot of setups which would be worth paying $5 to use

why do you pay door fee to a gym
so you can use the stuff

it's not like HEY LETS ALL WORK OUT AT THE GYM BRING YOUR OWN BARS
...for once in my life, i'm actually in full agreement with Tong. who'd have thought?

Purple

Hi guys!
The better question is, why would you have a smashfest where you have to pay a door fee?
Usually for the venue itself. Electricity and the space. You bring your wii setups and tvs to tournaments to have door fee taken off, because that helps the venue itself, but other than that you pay the door fee.

When you have smashfests at a friend's house they don't care for the payment because

a) it's their house and they have a secondary form of income
b) it's their parent's house and the parents have forms of income to pay for it.

And upon that note, I'm going to ask min if he will take off the door fee for wii setups tonight and see how it works out. More than likely he'll say yes, but i can't promise that.

Let's respect the fact that Waba Game is a gaming center as well as a venue, it wouldn't make sense for people who pay money to get into the gaming center paying five dollars an hour (15 for the whole day), to beaten out by smash players who pay five dollars to play the whole day (free with set up).

We can have smashfests for free at other people's houses, no problem. But if they're two hours away and people have to drive out there, they might be wasting more money driving out there than they would walking / driving to waba (just for a few instances).

Waba Game is a place that's (hypothetically) in the middle of everyone, so while some people have to go far distances to get to waba, it's not as far as most people would have to take to get to their respective houses.

While i admit playing for free at someone's house is nice, five dollars isn't much of a feat to play for 10+ hours with a bunch of people along with comfortable space (this is coming from a person who mows lawns for money). Plus it's walking distance from multiple restaurants.

I'm not saying Waba Game is the ultimate spot to hosts these smashfests, because it's not. But it's a place meant for gaming, and it always accessible. Why not use it?

Also I don't mind hyping up smashfests at other places besides waba, i started up the smashfest at zom~b's dorm (along with zom~b obviously). But no one wants to step up a place to smash. Granted Rayku did, but it's whole month away.

Waba is the main place that everyone knows how to get to and knows what's around it. Granted they don't have alot of setups, and that can be changed, on top of that i'm sure Min's a nice enough guy to arrange deals for people who bring wiis there. But i don't think many people actually ask about such deals. I really would like to have weekly smashfests for people to come to and practice smash brothers at for monthly tournaments. If there's a place that's better than waba that's accessible every week i'll use it. But waba is the best option.

Oh and might i bring up. You pay five dollars for everything they have in that room, so if street fighter four, melty blood, guilty gear, and smash brothers (brawl and melee) all happened to be set up at the same time. It's your for five dollars [/advertisement]

Top Bottom