• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*~Smashfest on the 15th!~*20+ SMASHERS!

Purple

Hi guys!
Smashfest at Waba~!

I noticed most people who don't have rides live in the duluth (waba) region, while people who do have rides live farther off (marietta, atlanta, woodstock, kennesaw). We're now having a smashfest in a venue we're all accustomed to. Waba Game

Note there is a five dollar fee to this event
~*First five people who bring wii setups gets in free*~
When
May 15th
2pm to 12pm (hopefully i can change this to three am)

Where
Waba Game
3585 Peachtree Industrial #128
Duluth, GA 30096
(678) 417-9222

Why
Our last smashfest was a great success, many people came and had a great time. But most importantly was able to learn more about the smash trilogy of 64, melee, and brawl. So we're doing it again, new location. Same good stuff.

What are we doing?

Low Tier Tourney (as stated by SBR, either this or Captain Falcon Tourney).
Crew Battles (smash 64, melee, brawl)
Designated Place and Time of Eating (eat Waba's delicious meals, or go to the resturaunts near the venue including places like Burger King, Golden China, Ruby Tuesdays, McDonalds)
Possible sideTourney
Straight up smashing all day!
Also Guilty Gear (but we need setups)!!

Setups!

We need these! Bring them!

I'll add more information later

People going
Regular Waba Crew
AntiC
Turtle
4leaf
Player-3
Yiff
voom
bigman40
deo
AKF
Ga Peach
Dyno
Gear
KingK
Diablo
Kirbycide Karen
Teh_Albino
DarkS
Fullmetal
GA_Peach
Desu
Suoinegni

Gamecube setups
Pervatasaurus

Wii Setups
bigman40
bigman40
waba
waba
Suoinegni
octix (8 pm)

TVS
about 10 from waba
Suoinegni

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I'm game if it's not too far.

Where would we go about holding one?

I thought about holding one at my place, but my mom is like, y'know. Home.

So, if I were to ever have the house to my lonesome, I would hold a smashfest in a Heartbeat.

However, don't go hoping anytime soon...

Mebbe we could get the Play N' Trade on Peachtree Corners to do it? I know the manager there.

((XD plus it's a 2-minute walk from my school.))

Purple

Hi guys!
i have all the information planned out, it'll be on the 15th, i'll beg min to allow us to stay from 2 pm to 3 am instead of 12pm. Five dollar entry fee. setups will be needed. We shall fill up all the tvs they have and hell, maybe bring our own TVs. 6 pm to 8:30 pm will be the designated time for dinner (place for eating will need to be discussed).

Crew battles in all three games. there are n64s there at waba. so it should be fine.

Let's get this hyped up.

This is a (naturally) local smashfest. If people have problems with gas i'll spare a few dollars.

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
The idea of two all day smash days in a row seems to bring about mixed feelings. On one hand it could be fun, but it seems more likely I will be burnt out, tired, and sick of playing by the time the tourney rolls around. It could be a lot of fun though.

I will likely go, but I can't say for sure yet either way due to my lack of a clear schedule. That weekend is lookin a bit busy as is, and might be difficult for me to even make the Monthly as early as I normally arrive.

We will see, but I gotta check what's goin on first.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm game. I'm hijacking my sis's car so I can make this. Deo and AKF might be with me at this, but if they don't come, Deo at least will certainly be there with me for the monthly.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i might randomly show up to destroy some people.

on a side note, why the **** are you hyping a smashfest? that's just ********... <_<

Purple

Hi guys!
For once marty i have a pretty **** legitimate reason to why i'm hyping this.

This is what happens at tourneys.

1) i come in at the last minute
2) play like two friendly rounds
3) tourney starts
4) walk around with all wiis filled up
5) play first round of winnners, possibly get sent to losers
6) play two more rounds in losers or so, get beat (so out of five hours i've played five sets)
7) by the time stations open, people want to eat
8) eating is done
9) everyone starts leaving and i play two or more friendlies with probably the same people i played friendlies with before the tourney began
10) home

basically saying, i barely get to play you guys very often, and i want to be able to play you guys ALOT during the time you guys are here. not just have two wiis open for 30 people. i want EXCESS setups and a **** good time for once. Hence me hyping a smash fest.

Plus it's good practice

@Mike G - you should come and show some love to the smashfest :]
@Dogy - Melty blood tourney at the smashfest? :D

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
More hype = more attendance.

more attendance = fun.

YAYZ!

BTW, side-tourney?

Add "DarkS"to the list. He's my friend, and he will be coming, too. We're both going to go from school to WABA. We'll have bikes, which OWN skateboards when you're trying to get somewhere.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Everyone shall enter the Falcon tourney.

Better yet, a tourney where the only usable characters are:

Ganon
Falcon
Yoshi
Jiggs
Link
Sonic

This = fun.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
oh I was giving this some serious thought for a bit and then i remembered that i'm getting married on this day sorry

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
The idea of two all day smash days in a row seems to bring about mixed feelings. On one hand it could be fun, but it seems more likely I will be burnt out, tired, and sick of playing by the time the tourney rolls around. It could be a lot of fun though.

I will likely go, but I can't say for sure yet either way due to my lack of a clear schedule. That weekend is lookin a bit busy as is, and might be difficult for me to even make the Monthly as early as I normally arrive.

We will see, but I gotta check what's goin on first.
4leaf has the right idea.

i was thinking u make it on june 15th.

Purple

Hi guys!
4leaf has the right idea.

i was thinking u make it on june 15th.
I don't see why we can't have multiple ones. These are pretty cheap smashfests. It's not like we have to get EVERYONE to go.. >_>. These are just events planned for fun.

why are you guys so set on having smashfests weeks and weeks away?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@Jamaal - if you run a Melty Blood tourney, i will DEFINITELY be there with Nanaya Shiki at the ready.

@Tong - you had the nerve to NOT send me an invite to the wedding? i thought we were boys... :(

Purple

Hi guys!
@Jamaal - if you run a Melty Blood tourney, i will DEFINITELY be there with Nanaya Shiki at the ready.

@Tong - you had the nerve to NOT send me an invite to the wedding? i thought we were boys... :(

I don't mind running one / entering. i'm sure if dogy had the time to come he wouldn't mind either. i guess i'll be posting it on melty bread? :o

i know waba doesn't have systems, and although they're okay with the smashfest more than likely i'll have to talk to them about the tourney and having them host it. Possibly i'll see if i can have it be jointed together so you only have to pay one fee to play smash/melty blood from 2-12.

as a matter of fact yeah marty, hit me up on AIM (or here) with how i can find some people to hype up the tourney to, i'm sure if i come in with a list Min won't mind jointing the two events on friday.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
a melty blood tourney. -laughs- i can only imagine how many people would show up to that.

It'll be like the tourney we had online. Winners finals is you vs my maids. Losers finals is you vs my Hisui. XD

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord

rofl i didn't want you to scare away her japanese parents

if there were a melty blood tourney, i would just be even more disappointed i can't attend. OOPS

Top Bottom