• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest Friday Night 8/14 Practice for EGGM's

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Monthlies it is. If I have monthlies, I will probably make it a tournament if more than 10 people show up. I'll probably just copy over SPOC rules.

I will do my best to avoid Alukard's No John's events and Alex Strife's Saffron City monthlies. I like Sundays because I am not missing out on my normal late night weekend shenanigans, and I still don't have to work. We will see how Saturdays work.

August 1st I am busy + Saffron.
August 8th I am going to Busch Gardens
August 15th ????
August 22nd is S.N.E.S.
August 29th ????
If there is nothing on the 15th I think that'd be a grood day.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i dont mind sundays, i dont have school/work on monday. then again, if i did have school/work the next day i could then crash somewhere so i can just stay in philly till school/work without having to go back home to south jersey. WEDNESDAY NIGHT TOURNIES!? lol

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Monthlies it is. If I have monthlies, I will probably make it a tournament if more than 10 people show up. I'll probably just copy over SPOC rules.

I will do my best to avoid Alukard's No John's events and Alex Strife's Saffron City monthlies. I like Sundays because I am not missing out on my normal late night weekend shenanigans, and I still don't have to work. We will see how Saturdays work.

August 15th ????
August 23rd is S.N.E.S.
August 30th ????
15th Plz so I can get one in before I head back up to PSU

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

August 15th ????
August 23rd is S.N.E.S.
August 30th ????
15th sounds like a good day to build hype for the monthly and gives people enough time to fix their schedule to go to this.

I'm all for the 15th :bee:

Not to mention a lot of summer classes end before this

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I talked to EGGM and he wants to have his biweekly on the 15th, so I am going to shoot for the 29th.

Unless people want a Sunday tournament sooner.

JFox

Smash Hero
IMO:

There's something people have to realize. If there is a tournament every weekend, and especially if there are 2 in one weekend, attendance suffers at each event. People are only willing to play so much. This is why no johns' attendance dropped, and why espoc always succeeds. So unless you prefer lots of tournaments with low attendance over less tourneys with lots of people, I suggest you be aware of this.

Thats my 2 cents.

Eggm

Smash Hero
IMO:

There's something people have to realize. If there is a tournament every weekend, and especially if there are 2 in one weekend, attendance suffers at each event. People are only willing to play so much. This is why no johns' attendance dropped, and why espoc always succeeds. So unless you prefer lots of tournaments with low attendance over less tourneys with lots of people, I suggest you be aware of this.

Thats my 2 cents.
I agree, but I was kinda thinking maybe the genesis hype would counter this. But probably not we just don't have enough smashers in the area. :(

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
IMO:

Thats my 2 cents.
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw Pakman's post.

I think there should be something like a 2 week break before the next tourney at least.

For example Pakman's tourney on the 1st then Eggm's on the 22nd or something. Every other week is too hard for some.

I am probably going to Eggm's only if thats the case I think I have to move in to my dorm room around the 29th =(

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Well, I'd like it if they were on weekdays at night like 1.5 was. Those I could actually attend pretty much all the time. Otherwise it would be very rare that I could attend.

Athos

Smash Cadet
These sound pretty good. I had a lot of fun learning from you guys at the last Pakfest and I would love to attend again. (for those who don't remember me, I was the white kid hanging out with the asian and indian kid.)

-Athos

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Sooner or later I'd attend one.
As far as tournaments every weekend, I think it's a splendid idea for the atl north region improving quicker as a whole.

That way there is always something going on and it's easier to plan ahead for which you are going to attend.

Top Bottom