• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Creation Contest: Round 17: Swampasaur vs. Guybrush20X6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
This is APC99's roster.

Please make a post with the creator of your preferred roster in bold, and an explanation.

Example vote format.

Let's get this show on the road.
Swampasaur added a poll to the OP:
http://www.yourfreepoll.com/wwmasbqvsr.html

ACP99

I picked it because it has a much more reasonable roster. Aside from Geno, the third party reps are reasonable.

Youngsora has a few problems. The first one being that it takes the worst option for FE characters, returning their reps to the series status in Melee. I recently called that one of two of the worst options for FE reps in Smash 4. In being consistent, I can't vote for that roster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah...

I updated the OP with the poll...

Should have said that...

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Everyone seems to just post "I voted for blah blah" even if they vote so I figured it'd be easier to just post it.

I'll tally using the one with the higher voter turnout, so you guys have options.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I already vote in the poll, but still I will cast my vote here.
Winner ACP99, no questions asked (but to be fair neither of both screams to me nice or even something in the possibility that would happen).
.n_n.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
APC
The character choices are pretty good and there aren't a lot of Third-Parties.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
ACP

The vote came down to the fact that
1) I see this contest as one of the best possible roster, not the most ideal, and Sora and Riku and Rayman AND Banjo is much too ideal
but most importantly
2) ACP has Porky. I love it when rosters include Porky, so I'm sold.

Edit:
Actually, looking at that roster as a whole, it's pretty effing beautiful. Not too safe, not too absurd, and really just genuinely interesting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The third parties and cuts kind of ruined youngsora's roster for me, so I went with APC99.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Why are people voting on things other than which is most likely? Is that not what this tournament is about?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
voted for apc. they're both unlikely, but two separate kingdom hearts characters is virtually impossible.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Yikes, both rosters have significant issues. That said, the choice still ends end being pretty clear as, for APC's more middling faults (52 characters being a bit much, Roy over anything Awakening, Geno, Sukapon), Youngsora's got tons of extremely unlikely choices like returning FE reps to Melee, Skull Kid, Lloyd, Tails, Bomberman, Rayman, the Microsoft-owned Banjo Kazooie, and not one, but two Kingdom Hearts characters. Heck, that's not even counting Young Link being included and Toon Link not after the latter was confirmed. APC's roster might have trouble in later rounds, but in this case, he's an easy choice.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Comparison time!

Bowser Jr. + K. Rool + Skull Kid + Mewtwo + Zoroark + Roy + Tails + Sora + Riku + Rayman + Banjo Kazooie + Bomberman + Lloyd
vs.
Toad + Geno + Dixie Kong + Tingle + Mewtwo + Sukapon + Pileoftuna + Ridley + Roy + Little Mac + Porky + Isaac + S. Goroh + Pac Man

Predictably, I like the focus on reoccuring franchise characters (plus franchise additions) over 10 third parties. Roster on the bottom for the win!

Why are people voting on things other than which is most likely? Is that not what this tournament is about?

Apparantely, the reason for voting is up to the voter. We asked a bit ago and there was no set guideline.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Apparantely, the reason for voting is up to the voter. We asked a bit ago and there was no set guideline.
And I still think that's some bull****!

The entire reason I didn't enter a roster was that I was told there would be a tournament for 'want' rosters later.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This one was hilariously lop-sided for me. APC99's roster would be like a dream come true.

No Cuts + Mewtwo and Roy + Tingle + Porky + Isaac = Simply Awesome.

Seriously, I couldn't ask for more.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
i know most of my roster is unlikely. it wasn't made to be based on what people wanted. it was a roster for a fan game i am working on.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I voted for: APC99

Young Sora: 5
+ Didn't use roster maker
-3 Ten 3rd Parties?
-2 Tails and Rikku? There's never going to be more than one 3rd party from series.
- Masked Link and Skull Kid? It's one or the other, but most likely neither.

APC99: 9
+ Good layout
- Geno; sadly, I fear he will never appear in Smash.
- Palutena; Sakurai doesn't like adding his characters to the game - he feels it isn't fair.

Xigger

Smash Lord
When does this round end?
NEVER

Oh, and Palutena isn't Sakurais character. He just worked on the game. He only created the Kirby characters.
And to "doesn't like to add his own characters" I would like to present the Ness and Lucas conundrum.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My vote goes to APC.

APC's roster may have some rather unlikely choices such as Geno and Sukapon, but it does include Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Dixie Kong and Mewtwo. Plus, I don't see any cuts.

As for YoungSora's roster, the only real problems I have with it is that it has SOO Many third parties, as well as Skull Kid and Young Link in place of Toon Link. The rest I'm fine with, and props for including K. Rool and Bowser Jr.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
APC for sure. His roster is probably one of the best I've seen. None of the characters are too out there, yet it still includes a lot of surprising picks that still make sense (Goroh, Tingle, Sukapon, Porky), although his roster number is a bit out there. Another issue I have is Geno, but I think I'll let that one slide, considering Young Sora adds Sora and Riku, and Banjo, AND Bomberman, AND Rayman.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I vote for APC.

My roster:

I like big, heavy characters, as you can see.
Fox gets his blaster back.
Ganondorf is reinvented and completely decloned. Still a hard-hitter, though.
Black Shadow is a new, fresh character but gets the Stomp.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Come on we need to keep going, by the time we finish to rate the rosters it will be the time when Smash 4 will be on sale.
.n_n.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I HAVE RETURNED!!!

The winner is APC99 with a score of 31 votes to Youngsora's 3.

The next round is Xigger

vs...

OcarinaofDoom!

Now these are somewhat old rosters, but I couldn't find any updates... So If there is a problem please let me know, and I'll restart the round.

http://www.yourfreepoll.com/unbjiqjxsp.html Vote here!

I apologize for the late update...

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Voted for OcarinaofDoom because Xigger has Roy and Ike. I really don't think Sakurai cares that much about what veteran smash fans want in terms of characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I went with Ocarina of Doom. It has everything I'd ever want, haha.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OcarinaofDoom. Sorry, Xigger, but your F-Zero and Toad weren't enough to win me over.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Xigger did win me over with Toad, but they were pretty even rosters in my eyes. Iffy on the inclusion of Roy and Ike, but, hey, it'd make people happy, and Roy wouldn't take much development time, so count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom