• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Creation Contest: Round 17: Swampasaur vs. Guybrush20X6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
OcarinaofDoom's roster is too big for me.
Xigger has too many FE characters, but literally the first person I've seen with a Roy, Ike, and Lucina (as well as Marth). I can play as my Melee, Brawl, and SSB4 mains (and my 64 main with Link). Toad and the slightly smaller roster size won me over, but neither roster seems all that likely to me.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I HAVE RETURNED!!!

The winner is APC99 with a score of 31 votes to Youngsora's 3.

The next round is Xigger

vs...

OcarinaofDoom!

Now these are somewhat old rosters, but I couldn't find any updates... So If there is a problem please let me know, and I'll restart the round.

http://www.yourfreepoll.com/unbjiqjxsp.html Vote here!

I apologize for the late update...
My most recent update was this

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Ocarina won. It was an easy pick for me considering he had basically everyone thats likely that i wanted (isaac, shulk, little mac, king k rool, ridley, mewtwo, pac man)

Xigger had the same number of fire emblem characters as he had pokemon characters... why do so many people on these boards insist on having a ton of fire emblem characters?? i personally think fire emblem will only have 2 reps and MAYBE 3. he also didnt have k rool or ridley or isaac or shulk. but added saki???

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Xigger
+ STRONGEST POINT: A Pretty solid 46 character character roster.
- WEAKEST POINT: Character choices are very questionable, I mean Saki over Isaac or Shulk? Four Fire Emblem characters? Black Shadow? Five Mario characters but four Pokémon characters? I feel as if there could have been better decisions done with your roster.
• OVERALL APPEARANCE: Your character organization is pretty weird. You have some of the characters organized vertically, but then you clash with that in the lower rows by having them organized horizontally. It would probably be better if you kept it following a certain organization style.

OcarinaofDoom
+ STRONGEST POINT: Great character choices and no cuts.
WEAKEST POINT: Maybe be a tad bit too big and a new Zelda character might be too much of a stretch.
OVERALL APPEARANCE: Characters are all ordered much like they were in Brawl, not entirely original, but it does still look pretty nice. I do think that some characters could be placed in other positions to make it look a tad bit better, but that is mostly opinion.

My vote goes to OcarinaofDoom.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Sorry, not time to elaborate as much as I'd like to.

I really wouldn't mind either roster, and they're both pretty solid, but I'll go with Ocarina of Doom. That's without even considering the updated poster given a couple of posts above, which makes his roster even more perfect.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Voted for Ocarina of Doom. His roster seems a bit more likely, and has a few of my favourites. The lack of a new DK character feels odd though. And no cuts.

Xigger has made a few risky choices - Toad, 4 FE characters, Black Shadow, Saki. The organisation is also a bit lacking.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Just wanted to point out that 4v17 votes seems like a definitive result.

totallynottryingtokeepthisthingfromdying,nope

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Agreed.

I just want to get past this first batch of rosters, already.

Me too, but Swampasaur's a bit busy with the soundtrack contest and other things too.

(Love the Pac-Attack avatar, Pac-Man looks so devious :demon:)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, at the moment, I've already contacted Swampasaur, and he has no problems with me taking over. Now to wait for ThatWasPeachy's reply.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OKAY!

Now that I got Peachy's reply, I'm officially taking over!

First off, ending the previous round. OcarinaOfDoom wins with 18 votes vs. Xigger's 4 votes. Congrats to him!

The next round is Glaciacott vs. Venus of the Desert Bloom!
Here you go!

Glaciacott

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Vote here: http://www.yourfreepoll.com/hgbdjsrwsp.html

GO!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Differences in characters

Glaciacott's Roster
Porky
Robin
Snake
(Red) I assumed just a different name for Pokemon Trainer, so not a real difference if this is true

Venus of the Desert Bloom's Roster
Mach Rider
Mii
Chrom
Isacc
Pokemon Trainer (not necessarily a real difference, just in name I think)

I think Mii, Mach Rider, and Isacc could have good movesets. I do not like Porky as a character. I think Earthbound is probably overepresented with two characters. So I chose Venus of the Desert Bloom.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I did vote for Venus of the Desert Bloom, did have more realistic choices and spice it up enough to be interesting with Isaac and Mach Rider.
.n_n.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Robin > Chrom. glacialcott wins! also has snake but no retro.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Venus got my vote. Only serious faults I had with his was including both Takamaru and Mach Rider as well as both Isaac and Shulk; both are cases where I think one will preclude the other. Meanwhile Glaciacott has two of the "leak" trio but not Mii, plus the incredibly unlikely Porky is included, which seems like slightly worse faults than Venus's.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I voted for Venus. The only thing I don't really like about his, if anything, is the Snake cut.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Are you able to change the thread title Falkoopa, people might assume the contest is still dead.
Yeah, I should. Doing it....

EDIT: Done. I've also made myself the thread owner, to make it easier for me to edit the OP.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I voted for Venus. While Porky is a win for me, it wasn't too interesting of a roster. With the addition of Mach Rider, Isaac and Chrom, I'd enjoy playing this one, even though Venus cut Solid Snake.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Oh, they did. My bad then.

I still do prefer Venus', though. Robin and Porky seem like strange choices to me.

D

Deleted member

I vote for Venus' roster. It seems like a more logical one to me… though I do question the Mach Rider's appearance on the roster.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hey, Fal, quick question if you know it. For anyone new to this thread, as I am right now, is there anything new people here can do with this? Is it just voting?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How would I enter my roster for one of the next rounds?
I'll enter even if there's a huge line.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey, Fal, quick question if you know it. For anyone new to this thread, as I am right now, is there anything new people here can do with this? Is it just voting?
As far as I know, you can only vote for now.
How would I enter my roster for one of the next rounds?
I'll enter even if there's a huge line.
I'm not sure that there will even be a next round...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
END OF ROUND
FALKOOPA STRIKES BACK
Venus of the Desert Bloom wins this round with 14 votes versus Glaciacott's 5.

The next round is....

ToothiestAura vs KingOfPhantoms47!

ToothiestAura

KingOfPhantoms47

Vote here: http://www.yourfreepoll.com/mnvlobvmsp.html

GO!

By the way, ToothiestAura doesn't have Toon Link on his roster. If you have an update, post it asap.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That seemed awfully quick. But I guess I'm just used to the week long rounds haha.

I'm glad I advanced to the next round
(^ω^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom