• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Replaces Smash Ultimate (Currently replacing an Assist Trophy and Street Fighter content)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Alrighty, sorry for the wait, I was helping my grandma pack up boxes over the weekend. Voting's now open!
Really love all of the submissions we got, I would be so down for any of these honestly.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Alrighty, sorry for the wait, I was helping my grandma pack up boxes over the weekend. Voting's now open!
Really love all of the submissions we got, I would be so down for any of these honestly.
My submission wasn't there.
O.K., then i'll sacrifice the Fatal Fury series for Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The results are in, and the series we'll be replacing will be...
Street Fighter!
and the series we'll be replacing it with will be Resident Evil!
I can't post a screenshot so feel free to take a look at the results screen on StrawPoll

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Submit a fighter and an accompanying echo fighter from Resident Evil

Since Street Fighter had Ryu and Ken, we'll be replacing them with another pair of fighter and echo. Keep in mind that the echo will be the same level of uniqueness as Ken, so don't get too crazy.
Oh, who am I kidding - get crazy! This is a series with a lot of unique characters, human or otherwise, and I'm gonna love to see the kinds of submissions we get for this job.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I shall submit Mr. X, a very cool and dapper villain who made his first appearance in RE1, but made waves with his chilling appearance in RE2 Remake. He would be slow and hulking, but have great power and plenty of super armor.

Mr. X's echo fighter would be Nemesis, another iconic Resident Evil villain with a similar body type. He would be a bit faster than Mr. X (mimicking Ken's echo status as well as establishing his role as a faster, more to-the-point villain). He might also use weapons in some attacks unlike Mr. X.

I chose these characters because I wanted to have monster characers to differentiate us from the Infinite thread, but I also wanted them to be human-like so that the moveset round is a little easier.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

f2b6abd49bcfba3f92b478451ba59a93.png

Jill Valentine & Chris Redfield

I didn't wanna do Jill and Leon since I didn't wanna copy infinite. So it came down to Jill and Chris or Leon and Claire and I went for the Resi 1 duo. They're the two that got chosen for Fortnite so there is a history of Capcom choosing them for crossover games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey guys, quick updates

1. Changed the title. Should be less of a mouthful now. Just keep that in mind when referring to the thread in the third person and whatnot.

2. I finally got around to adding some songs. Started with a big one, that being the Smash series music. It's on the front page, but I haven't figured out how song submissions will work yet, so please don't ask me. I'll probably just get one done whenever I get free time and don't feel like doing any other productive things. If someone wants to help out with copying music/spirits from SSB Wiki that would be fantastic, though I am not by any means asking anyone to.

Resident Evil character submissions will go on until tomorrow evening when I get home from watching Sonic 2 wooooo yeah babyyyy

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey all, submissions are closed and voting’s starting! A day late but saul good.
Your choices are:

Chris Redfield, with his sister Claire as the Echo
I shall submit Mr. X, a very cool and dapper villain who made his first appearance in RE1, but made waves with his chilling appearance in RE2 Remake. He would be slow and hulking, but have great power and plenty of super armor.

Mr. X's echo fighter would be Nemesis, another iconic Resident Evil villain with a similar body type. He would be a bit faster than Mr. X (mimicking Ken's echo status as well as establishing his role as a faster, more to-the-point villain). He might also use weapons in some attacks unlike Mr. X.

I chose these characters because I wanted to have monster characers to differentiate us from the Infinite thread, but I also wanted them to be human-like so that the moveset round is a little easier.
View attachment 349613
Jill Valentine & Chris Redfield

I didn't wanna do Jill and Leon since I didn't wanna copy infinite. So it came down to Jill and Chris or Leon and Claire and I went for the Resi 1 duo. They're the two that got chosen for Fortnite so there is a history of Capcom choosing them for crossover games.
Jill Valentine and Leon Kennedy

It just makes sense imo. Thought it should have at least been submitted.
Chris Redfield and Claire Redfield HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
Mr X and Nemesis (Me)
Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield @Darkonedagger
Jill Valentine and Leon Kennedy Yiptap Yiptap

Ranked voting is in effect, and you may vote for your top 2, but you may only put your own in second.

D

Deleted member

1. Chris and Claire
2. Chris and Jill

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Personaly I have never liked the monsters as resi smash reps idea(even if I did once get Nemsis into another thread). That works for SH. But resi is much more about the protagnists and being able to fight back against the monsters.
Well in that case, wouldn’t that kind of work for SSBU, a slower game where you have to constantly predict your opponent’s actions? Having a hulking monster like X or Nemesis would be fairly appropriate I think.

D

Deleted member

Sorry. Didn't mean for that alst message to sound judgy.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sorry. Didn't mean for that alst message to sound judgy.
Didn't sound that judgy. At the very least I was confused as to why RE monsters never got many votes (here or otherwise) so thanks for shedding some light on that.

Mr. X and Nemesis 3
Jill and Leon 2
Chris and Claire 4
Jill and Chris 5

You want S.T.A.R.S.? They'll give you S.T.A.R.S.! Please welcome Jill and Chris from the original Resident Evil to the roster of our game! However, our mega-job of replacing SF with RE is far from over...

Submit a stage from the Resident Evil series to replace Suzaku Castle

Submit a stage that will take the place of Street Fighter's stage. Please make sure to include a short description of the stage and an image of the location.

Raccoon City
1649519123169.png

That's right, fellas! Raccoon City, one of main setting from Resident Evil franchise and it's located in midwest USA as mountain county town. It was brutally destroyed in 1998 by t-virus. At present, the area is cordoned off rest of world of Resident Evil by US Government.

So, the layout would be similar to Fourside and New Donk City hall mixed in huge size. It would be a walk-off stage with roof tops as platforms (Some of building are not that tall) along with additional platforms on buildings like balconies. The hazards are Zombies (People, who are infected by T-Virus) and sometimes the town is destroying itself like in OG PS1 game.
The cameos are the cast from first 3 RE games like Nemesis or Mr. X.

I nominate this stage, because it's very iconic place and having another city-based stage is also good idea. Also having zombies is really terrifying concept.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Raccoon City
View attachment 349798
That's right, fellas! Raccoon City, one of main setting from Resident Evil franchise and it's located in midwest USA as mountain county town. It was brutally destroyed in 1998 by t-virus. At present, the area is cordoned off rest of world of Resident Evil by US Government.

So, the layout would be similar to Fourside and New Donk City hall mixed in huge size. It would be a walk-off stage with roof tops as platforms (Some of building are not that tall) along with additional platforms on buildings like balconies. The hazards are Zombies (People, who are infected by T-Virus) and sometimes the town is destroying itself like in OG PS1 game.
The cameos are the cast from first 4 RE games like Nemesis or Mr. X.

I nominate this stage, because it's very iconic place and having another city-based stage is also good idea. Also having zombies is really terrifying concept.
Resi 4 has nothing to do with racoon City BTW.

I'll submit something later.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Alright, so, music and spirit submissions are not open yet, but here's what I'm thinking so far. Please give me feedback on this system of replacements.

MUSIC
Tag/ping me in the thread with the song you would like to replace, and the song that you want to take its place (specifiying which is which and including a link to the new song). For example:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to replace Lifelight JP with Lifelight Future Funk Remix Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After that, anyone may contest that decision and try to argue why it shouldn't be replaced/added ("We shouldn't replace the only version of the song in Japanese", or "That remix is awful and generic", or something like that), and a debate may ensue. However, the person who submitted the song ultimately has the final say on whether or not the song is replaced/added.

Fan remixes are allowed, but not original fan songs.

You must replace a song with a song from the same series unless otherwise stated.

We have a total of 801 songs to replace, so you may submit up to two songs per day (to replace and to add) - might increase that later on once I get more lists copied from SSBWiki.

We might have Music Events, once we get more song lists, not sure yet though.

As you may have noticed, we only have Smash series music right now. So, since SSBU has 113 songs from its own series, we'll be replacing 85 of them.

Moving on...

SPIRITS
Tag/ping me in the thread with a Spirit you want to replace, and the Spirit you want to add in its place. For the new Spirit, at the bare minimum, please include the name, an image, and the type of Spirit. Other helpful info like a link to a wiki page or any Spirit Battle conditions is appreciated, but not required. For example:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to replace Primid with Polygon Fighting team. They would be a neutral class, primary, Ace spirit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We also only have Smash series stuff right now. But since that is a very short list, we'll only be doing one per day for now. Once I get a series with a lot of Spirits like Mario, I'll bump it up to two per day.

Same rules apply here pretty much. Anyone can contest a replacement/addition but all you can try to do is change someone's mind, otherwise anything that is submitted gets applied to our final roster of content. Don't replace stuff from stuff in a different series unless a certain job or event calls for it.

We will have Spirit Events like the Infinite thread, not yet though since our list of Spirits is very small as of now.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

image-asset (1).jpeg

Spencer Mansion
Since we're doing Resi 1 this makes the most sense. Takes place in the middle of for mansion with some platforms. It will transition to other parts of the mansion. These include:

Attic
A dingy old dusty attic with a broken cage in the back. Yawn, the snake boss, will slither around, looking to gobble up the fighters.

Hallway
A tight cramped hallway. Suddenly the windows will smash open. Some hungry zombie dogs will attempt to rush the players.

Greenhouse
The stage will fill up with greenery, and Plant 42, will wriggle around in the back.

Aquarium
The bottom of the stage fills up with water, and Neptune, the shark boss, will swim around aand jump up, attempting to snack on fighters.

Cabin
The cabin from one of the most iconic parts of the game. Platforms here might break due to being disued. Lisa Trevor, one of the most horrifying and tragic characters in all of the franchise, can be spotted in the back.

Lab
The final chase of the game. Takes place in a high tech lab full of equipment and test tubes. A tyrant will escape and try to claw the fighters.

Top Bottom