• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Replaces Smash Ultimate (Currently replacing an Assist Trophy and Street Fighter content)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Aw dang would ya look at the time, it's been quite a while. Better late than never, though!
Here's the tiebreaker Strawpoll for Muddy Mole and Eevee.
I'll go ahead and set up the next two jobs while that's going.
Submit a first party stage to replace, and a third party stage to replace.
This job works just like the newcomer ones we've already done. Doesn't have to be from the same series, but a first party stage must be replaced with another first party stage. Same for third party stages. Older stages like Pac-Maze and Rainbow Road 3DS are fair game.
And for the other job, Submit a way to handle song submissions.
I won't update this thread for at least a couple days, so this should be ample time to get in all of your submissions. If you need more time just let me know and I'll extend it, no worries. Not numbering jobs anymore since I don't find it neccessary.
Also, as suggested by CheeseAnton CheeseAnton , we will only be replacing 75% of Ultimate's content in this game, not all of it. So if you don't want to say bye-bye to certain content, you won't have to if you can convince the thread not to replace it.

Last edited:
Goodbye, Mario Circuit Welcome Excitebike Arena.
Excitebike Arena (Excitebike)
1646684776721.png
1646684788234.png

Excitebike arena is one of locations from Excitebike game series. It's a racetrack that allow other bikers to race on.
It appeared in Mario Kart 8 as DLC Track and returned in MK8Deluxe, which is the reason why ExciteBike games are still underrated, but iconic gems.

It has the same layout as Smash Crusade, but visuals are based on Mario Kart 8. Also Excitebikers appear as stage Hazards, meaning that fights can be intense during the race.

Goodbye Pac-Land, Welcome back Pac-Maze.
1646685250464.png

It has the same iconic layout, but the aesthetic is based on Pacman Championship edition.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Replace Green Greens (Melee) with Poké Floats

Replace Spiral Mountain with Click Clock Woods

Clock Clock Woods would take place atop tree branches and have a layout similar to the Brawl Osohe Castle mod - just a lot bigger (about Mushroom Kingdom U size), without the gap on the soft platform, and with walkoffs. The seasons would be purely cosmetic and decided by RNG or button inputs when loading the stage, with the RNG heavily favouring (60% chance) whatever season is set on the console clock. This stage would have a gimmick with hazards on: a Jiggy will sometimes spawn, and picking it up grants a random buff similar to the WarioWare stage - the catch is that the Jiggy likes to spawn as far away from the battle as possible - usually only spawning when all players are at one place at once - and will try to float away when approached!

As you can tell, I do not like grassy plains stages.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Replace Mario Circuit with Dragon Palace

The stage would be the outside portion of the Mario Kart 8 battle course. There would be dragon statues to the side that are in the background, but the silver dragon's head can cause damage if launched there, and the same applies to the golden dragon's tail. Occasionally, Shy Guy and Toad drivers (No red Toads; that would probably deconfirm him) would drive by with different colored balloons attached to the back of their kart. You can destroy the balloons by hitting them, which causes the driver to be pulled out of the track by Lakitu and his fishing rod. Rarely, the 'game mode' would be changed from Balloon Battle to Renegade Roundup. There would be two red cages outside when this happens. The teams would be Blue Toads as cops vs Red Shy Guys as renegades. When drivers drive by, the Shy Guys would be running away from the Toads. The Toads would have dark blue piranha plants attached to the front of their karts with sirens on their heads. If a fighter too close, the piranha plants would chomp at the fighter. There would also be moving platforms on the stage, as well as item boxes that give items when hit.
(This is one of my old submissions from the Super Smash Bros Infinite thread, I'm not too proud of it, but I thought I might as well post it here)

For the music, I say it be a free-for-all. Since there is a ton of music, I'd say you can just replace to your heart's content (With limits, of course).
Side note: How will we be handling spirits? Just curious.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
For the music, I say it be a free-for-all. Since there is a ton of music, I'd say you can just replace to your heart's content (With limits, of course).
Side note: How will we be handling spirits? Just curious
Yeah, I like that idea. Having a Google Doc was very messy for Infinite though - I'll just make a music post and if you guys want to replace music, @ me. Not sure when I'll start that though, gonna take a while to compile every Ultimate song to one post.
Spirits I'm actually not sure on. Would you guys want to do a different theme every week, like Infinite? That'd certainly work given the slower pace of this thread.
btw, if you didn't catch it, I said in a previous post elsewhere that this thread will only be updated every few days or so as opposed to the Sonic Smash thread.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Alright, sorry for blinking out there. This thread's a little rough starting out but once it gets some legs I think it'll be pretty easy to maintain. Anyways, here are some updates:
-Muddy Mole and Eevee have reached a tie in the Strawpoll, please vote if you haven't already.
-I'm going to try and do one composite list of content each day I'm here. It's very tedious work to have to manually copy from Smashwiki for every fighter, stage, song, spirit, mii costume, and mode, but it's certainly doable. I just need to take my time on it. I'm not asking for anyone to take up this task by any means, but if you have an easy to copy-and-paste list of content lying around or you don't mind making one, I would appreciate it a ton.
-Stage submissions will end soon. Here's my submissions:
Replace Windy Hill with Tropical Resort

Windy Hill is not really the best representation of modern Sonic locations, and Tropical Resort is from what is generally considered the best modern Sonic game. This would be a stage about the same size as Windy Hill, and would feature Wisp capsules that you can use to your advantage (they all function the same as they did in the 2D areas of Colors).

Replace Great Cave Offensive with Comet Observatory

GCO isn't the most popular Smash stage, so replacing it with a more functional big stage would be pretty cool. Plus, Comet Observatory is just a Mario location that a lot of people really love.

D

Deleted member

Khan's_throne (1).jpg

Goodbye Mishima Dojo, Hello Khan's Throne Room.
I don't really have anything against this stage, and I like Tekken. But this idea came to me. Would have a similar gimmick. Khan would sit in the background, laughing as the fighters battle for his amusement. Other MK villains will make cameos.

super-smash-bros-ultimate-fire-emblem-dlc-stage-marketplace.jpg

astral-chain-4-1-3.jpg

Goodbye Garreg Mach Monastery, Hello Harmony Sqaure
From one game promoting a major 2019 switch release with anime style characters to another. Takes players through the Sqaure, various characters from the game cameo in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
EDIT: This post is outdated, please scroll down for updated info.
We finally got a fifth vote on the fighter poll, and it looks like JIgglypuff is being deflated from playable status, while Eevee evolves into a fighter! This...is where things get interesting.

Next Job: Submit movesets for Midna & Wolf Link and Eevee
You only need to submit specials, but can submit as many moves as you want. The catch? 25% of the moves you submit must be brought over from the character that was replaced, the other 75% being original. So, if you were to submit:
4 moves = 1 brought over, 3 unique
8 moves = 2 brought over, 6 unique
12 moves = 3 brought over, 9unique
16 moves = 4 brought over, 12 unique
...and so on. You are encouraged to detail any visual differences the returning move may have, but the functionality must remain the same. So if I were to submit a Waluigi moveset replacing Piranha Plant's, for example, I might give him 3 new specials, but for the Up B, I simply say something like "Waluigi spins his arms around a lot, like in Plant's Up B"

Lastly, stage submissions are closed, but I'm going to wait a bit to open up stage voting.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Slight change in plans, folks. Since the two frontrunners of the 64 veteran replacement job were engaged in a stalemate for the entire week and a really cool idea from Wario3 has been living in my mind rent free for the past three hours, I'm going to go ahead and allow both of our brown-furred lovable creatures as playable characters! Welcome Eevee and Muddy Mole to the roster!

Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon, unfortunately, will be leaving us. Bon voyage, 64 vets!

New, new job: Submit movesets for Wolf Link & Midna, Eevee, and Muddy Mole!
I'm very slow at keeping up with this thread so you have plenty of time to do some move replacements and retoolings.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Muddy is a slow, powerful zoner-grappler hybrid heavyweight with a Pikachu-sized frame. His unique trait is chargable throws. He digs while crouching. I will submit 12 moves for him.

Remain intact:

Neutral Air: Mole May Knee Ya - The infamous knee of justice - technically more of a kick that hits with the tarsals given he doesn't have legs

Up B: Brutal Burrow - a Falcon Dive equivalent, when Muddy hits a foe he scratches into them

Down Smash: Hog Troubles - a hedgehog from the snow levels pops out of the ground and slashes forwards with its spines, then does the same backwards - this is technically not the same function as it has a disjoint, but hopefully that won't be too big a deal

Changed:
Side B: Pipe - Muddy gets out an L-shaped pipe which absorbs projectiles

Down B: Dig - Muddy digs a pitfall in the ground. It burries foes even on soft platforms where burials usually spike. There is a visible molehill to make it clear where not to tread.

B: Black Ball - Muddy charges up a steel black ball and kicks it - in the air he will immediately kick it downwards. This draws foes near like Helga's slingshot in NASB.

Up Air: Muddy scratches with both hands in an arc

Down Tilt: While underground, Muddy raises his hand through the dirt in front of him

Forwald Tilt: Muddy kicks like he does the black ball

Up Smash: Muddy is wrapped in a cabbage and jumps up while spinning with his claws out

Down Air: Muddy clutches to a giant weight, which serves as a fall-and-stall - like Steve's anvil, he can jump off of it

Down Throw: Muddy takes the foe underground for some off-screen violence.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Eevee is a fast and lightweight combo-focused character, but with a few really risky moves. They have one of the smallest hurtboxes in the game, but the same goes for their hitboxes.
I'll go ahead and submit 8 moves for Eevee.

Staying:

Up tilt: Tail Whip. Eevee uses their tail in this attack to pop up opponents behind them for combos.

Side B: Disarming Voice. Obviously much shorter ranged than in the games, not a projectile but rather a short-distance move that's the same thing as Pound - though Eevee uses it more for shield breaking than combo starting. Has the same visual effect.

Changed:

Up B: Lava Plume. This is like a mini version of Ken's Shin Shoryuken Final Smash. A flame pillar erupts below Eevee, which boosts them up a considerable height and deals damage to foes who touch it. The pillar evaporates once Eevee touches the ground again. This move puts Eevee into special fall, but their fast falling speed should come in handy here.

Neutral B: Aurora Beam. Eevee releases a multicolored beam of circles forward, which don't deal knockback, do more damage than Fox's lasers, but are much more predictable. You can't spam it and you always shoot 4 at a time.

Down B: Future Sight. Some blue and red squiggly lines appear around Eeevee, showing the reach of the move. If any opponent is caught within the radius of the attack, the Eevee player will press one input on their controller, which the opponent will then perform after about half a second (Eevee regains control a little bit before then). You can't do anything directional though, since something like a forward smash would count as two inputs - the stick and the A press. But you can force your opponent to shield for a second and then use Disarming Voice to try and break it, for example. Or if a character has a laggy nair or neutral b, you can force them to do it while they are recovering and watch them fall to their doom.

Down Smash: Foul Play. Two large orange circles appear on either side of Eevee, attacking three times each, while Eevee gets a mean look on their face and gets momentarily shrouded in dark energy.

Forward smash: Tackle. Basically a stronger version of their Assist Pokéball attack.

Up throw: Last Resort. Eevee tosses up the opponent with their tail (not unlike the up tilt) before bashing them with Last Resort, which does a ton of damage. This move has a consequence, however. It works like Falco and Fox's up throws, where there is a chance you'll miss the seocnd attack - and if you do miss the Last Resort part, Eevee will go really far upwards and come back down in special fall.

Neutral Air: Mole May Knee Ya - The infamous knee of justice - technically more of a kick that hits with the tarsals given he doesn't have legs
Did you mean forward air here? Just asking since that's what Falcon's Knee of Justice is.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Stage voting is open! Your choices are:
Goodbye, Mario Circuit Welcome Excitebike Arena.
Excitebike Arena (Excitebike)
View attachment 346920View attachment 346921
Excitebike arena is one of locations from Excitebike game series. It's a racetrack that allow other bikers to race on.
It appeared in Mario Kart 8 as DLC Track and returned in MK8Deluxe, which is the reason why ExciteBike games are still underrated, but iconic gems.

It has the same layout as Smash Crusade, but visuals are based on Mario Kart 8. Also Excitebikers appear as stage Hazards, meaning that fights can be intense during the race.

Goodbye Pac-Land, Welcome back Pac-Maze.
View attachment 346922
It has the same iconic layout, but the aesthetic is based on Pacman Championship edition.
Replace Green Greens (Melee) with Poké Floats

Replace Spiral Mountain with Click Clock Woods

Clock Clock Woods would take place atop tree branches and have a layout similar to the Brawl Osohe Castle mod - just a lot bigger (about Mushroom Kingdom U size), without the gap on the soft platform, and with walkoffs. The seasons would be purely cosmetic and decided by RNG or button inputs when loading the stage, with the RNG heavily favouring (60% chance) whatever season is set on the console clock. This stage would have a gimmick with hazards on: a Jiggy will sometimes spawn, and picking it up grants a random buff similar to the WarioWare stage - the catch is that the Jiggy likes to spawn as far away from the battle as possible - usually only spawning when all players are at one place at once - and will try to float away when approached!

As you can tell, I do not like grassy plains stages.
Replace Mario Circuit with Dragon Palace

The stage would be the outside portion of the Mario Kart 8 battle course. There would be dragon statues to the side that are in the background, but the silver dragon's head can cause damage if launched there, and the same applies to the golden dragon's tail. Occasionally, Shy Guy and Toad drivers (No red Toads; that would probably deconfirm him) would drive by with different colored balloons attached to the back of their kart. You can destroy the balloons by hitting them, which causes the driver to be pulled out of the track by Lakitu and his fishing rod. Rarely, the 'game mode' would be changed from Balloon Battle to Renegade Roundup. There would be two red cages outside when this happens. The teams would be Blue Toads as cops vs Red Shy Guys as renegades. When drivers drive by, the Shy Guys would be running away from the Toads. The Toads would have dark blue piranha plants attached to the front of their karts with sirens on their heads. If a fighter too close, the piranha plants would chomp at the fighter. There would also be moving platforms on the stage, as well as item boxes that give items when hit.
(This is one of my old submissions from the Super Smash Bros Infinite thread, I'm not too proud of it, but I thought I might as well post it here)

Side note: How will we be handling spirits? Just curious.
Alright, sorry for blinking out there. This thread's a little rough starting out but once it gets some legs I think it'll be pretty easy to maintain. Anyways, here are some updates:
-Muddy Mole and Eevee have reached a tie in the Strawpoll, please vote if you haven't already.
-I'm going to try and do one composite list of content each day I'm here. It's very tedious work to have to manually copy from Smashwiki for every fighter, stage, song, spirit, mii costume, and mode, but it's certainly doable. I just need to take my time on it. I'm not asking for anyone to take up this task by any means, but if you have an easy to copy-and-paste list of content lying around or you don't mind making one, I would appreciate it a ton.
-Stage submissions will end soon. Here's my submissions:
Replace Windy Hill with Tropical Resort

Windy Hill is not really the best representation of modern Sonic locations, and Tropical Resort is from what is generally considered the best modern Sonic game. This would be a stage about the same size as Windy Hill, and would feature Wisp capsules that you can use to your advantage (they all function the same as they did in the 2D areas of Colors).

Replace Great Cave Offensive with Comet Observatory

GCO isn't the most popular Smash stage, so replacing it with a more functional big stage would be pretty cool. Plus, Comet Observatory is just a Mario location that a lot of people really love.

View attachment 347356
Goodbye Mishima Dojo, Hello Khan's Throne Room.
I don't really have anything against this stage, and I like Tekken. But this idea came to me. Would have a similar gimmick. Khan would sit in the background, laughing as the fighters battle for his amusement. Other MK villains will make cameos.

View attachment 347358
View attachment 347357
Goodbye Garreg Mach Monastery, Hello Harmony Sqaure
From one game promoting a major 2019 switch release with anime style characters to another. Takes players through the Sqaure, various characters from the game cameo in the background.
Here are the voting links:
On the third party one, you may vote for one or two stages.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Next Job: Submit next criteria
Like last criteria job, can be anything...except for music and spirits. Sorry, still don't have those lists ready yet.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Replace a series
I think this would be a really fun job, but as it's such a huge amount of replacements at once (or small depending on which one we choose), I don't want to post it as a job unless everyone's on board to do it.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
With 5 votes, our next job is ready to go!
Submit a series to cut, and a series to replace it with

Choose any series, first party or otherwise, to replace with any other series, first party or otherwise. Keep in mind that our end goal for each category (fighters, stages, etc) will still be replacing 75% of it all, but for this specific job we will not be saving anything from the replaced series (so if you replace Splatoon with Devil May Cry, that series will replace ALL of Splatoon's content). Also, a series that has previously gotten replacements (so Pokémon and Zelda so far) cannot be replaced.

Top Bottom