• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

luigi7mew2

Smash Rookie
Hello, this question, you probably don't get too often or at all.....

So I have two accounts. luigi7mew2 and luigi7mew2 (2). The reason is because I didn't like my facebook image being shown. So long story short, I am now logged out of that account (luigi7mew2) and cannot regain access to it. I never made a password since I connected with my FB page. So I had to start a new profile. Is there anyway for some admins to either delete that profile (luigi7mew2) and let me rename this profile to my old one after it's deleted or just help me retain a password for my old account? I am fine with my old one being deleted, I only had one Thread started.

Sorry, I feel stupid. This NEVER happened to me before on any other forums. :/

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hello, this question, you probably don't get too often or at all.....

So I have two accounts. luigi7mew2 and luigi7mew2 (2). The reason is because I didn't like my facebook image being shown. So long story short, I am now logged out of that account (luigi7mew2) and cannot regain access to it. I never made a password since I connected with my FB page. So I had to start a new profile. Is there anyway for some admins to either delete that profile (luigi7mew2) and let me rename this profile to my old one after it's deleted or just help me retain a password for my old account? I am fine with my old one being deleted, I only had one Thread started.

Sorry, I feel stupid. This NEVER happened to me before on any other forums. :/
Hi, post in forum support here:
http://smashboards.com/forums/forum-support.108/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I attempted to visit the following topic:
http://smashboards.com/threads/funny-ssb4-picture-captions-thread.338516/

But then this keeps happening:

It happens on this specific page of the topic consistently, but it didn't happen on the first page of the topic. It also happened on another page as I checked through them.

It's saying that something from Memegenerator is on the page, and that it could potentially infect you with malware.

I looked at the Site Diagnostics for Memegenerator, and:

Of the 1442 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 45 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-05-22, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2014-05-21.
I can imagine that the Memegenerator related content is related to people posting captioned images from that site. But I'm thinking people should be warned not to use this site for this if malware is being detected there, as it could harm their computers. Apparently Memegenerator let some dodgy advertisers on to their site that install malware. It's probably the likes of Coupon Drop Down that's getting installed.

It may not be necessarily Memegenerator that's doing this, but the third party advertisers that they allow on their site. Regardless, I just thought this was worth posting a warning about, and maybe people should use a different means for creating their captioned pictures.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Are you allowed to double post in a thread to bump it to the top? I made a character thread, and nobody replied.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Are you allowed to double post in a thread to bump it to the top? I made a character thread, and nobody replied.
From the rules themselves...
Forum Rules said:
Examples of specific content that is disallowed and considered "spam" include:
  • Posts that are meant to "bump" threads to the top of the thread listing, especially particularly old or particularly new threads.
In other words, nope, you're not allowed.

Last edited:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I'm thinking about starting a new thread title PATHON, but I'm worried it's too much like Rate Their Chances. I already typed how I want the Original post to look, and put it in the spoilers. Is this different enough to deserve it's own thread, or is it too similar? I didn't want to irk the mods by posting threads that will get locked, so I thought I'd ask first.
I had an idea for a new game. PATHON. This stands for Playable, Assist Trophy, Hazard, Or Nothing. The rules are simple. Each day, I'll post a new character. Today is King K. Rool. Below, you'll post whether you think he will become Playable, be an Assist, a Hazard, or None of the above.

Please Underline or Bold your response. At the end of each day, I'll search the posts and count up all the "Points" The topic character gets towards each category. Also, post a reason why you think he/she will be playable, etc...

I'll post the results here

(PICTURE OF KING K. ROOL/ TOPIC CHARACTER)
My thread would essentially elaborate more on just chances, and I feel the overall discussion would be more diverse.

Last edited:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Can someone get back to my question? Sorry for being pushy, but I don't want that post being out for long... If no reply soon I'll just post anyway.

ndayday

BRoomer
Would there be a certain thread where I could look for training partners or people to play with?
Brawl Online has threads for the new method and you can find Dolphin/P64 in the Melee or SSB64 boards.
I'm thinking about starting a new thread title PATHON, but I'm worried it's too much like Rate Their Chances. I already typed how I want the Original post to look, and put it in the spoilers. Is this different enough to deserve it's own thread, or is it too similar? I didn't want to irk the mods by posting threads that will get locked, so I thought I'd ask first.
I had an idea for a new game. PATHON. This stands for Playable, Assist Trophy, Hazard, Or Nothing. The rules are simple. Each day, I'll post a new character. Today is King K. Rool. Below, you'll post whether you think he will become Playable, be an Assist, a Hazard, or None of the above.

Please Underline or Bold your response. At the end of each day, I'll search the posts and count up all the "Points" The topic character gets towards each category. Also, post a reason why you think he/she will be playable, etc...

I'll post the results here

(PICTURE OF KING K. ROOL/ TOPIC CHARACTER)
My thread would essentially elaborate more on just chances, and I feel the overall discussion would be more diverse.
Ask a mod of the SSB4 sections, try @IsmaR or @FalKoopa or any other mods you see around there
I got premium for the sole reason of a name change. How on earth do I do it?
PM/start a conversation with @Virgilijus saying the name you want exactly as you want it

Last edited:

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
It seems like when I refresh a thread to check for new responses, my browser randomly selects a post to stick to. By this, I mean as new posts expand the page downward, I have to keep scrolling down past old comments to check for new ones. After I refresh (with my browser centered on the bottom-most comment) some text keeps getting added to the url that specifies a random post near the top of the page, even when I delete that text.

Using Firefox, any idea why this is happening?

ibmutt

Smash Cadet
I am planning to post a guide to obtain frame data without hacking. I intend it be used for SSB4-5. Does it matter if I put the guide in 3DS or WiiU thread? Is there another thread you would recommend?

Also is there a word count or some limit to the post size. I'm posting videos and linked images. Could this affect things? I can't fit the whole of the guide in one post. If there is a limit or word count, I can post right after, right?

EDIT: The problems of the second paragraph were caused by a mistake on my part.

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
It seems like when I refresh a thread to check for new responses, my browser randomly selects a post to stick to. By this, I mean as new posts expand the page downward, I have to keep scrolling down past old comments to check for new ones. After I refresh (with my browser centered on the bottom-most comment) some text keeps getting added to the url that specifies a random post near the top of the page, even when I delete that text.

Using Firefox, any idea why this is happening?
when you delete the string of text do you press Enter/Return or refresh it via firefox/f5? if you do the latter, try the former. I've tried with chrome and firefox and it works as intended.

I am planning to post a guide to obtain frame data without hacking. I intend it be used for SSB4-5. Does it matter if I put the guide in 3DS or WiiU thread? Is there another thread you would recommend?

Also is there a word count or some limit to the post size. I'm posting videos and linked images. Could this affect things? I can't fit the whole of the guide in one post. If there is a limit or word count, I can post right after, right?

EDIT: The problems of the second paragraph were caused by a mistake on my part.
I would post in the Wii U board since it sees more traffic for the time being but if it works for both versions I can see it later being moved to a general/technical board for the games (these are usually added when the games are released).
I believe there is a character limit, there might be an image limit. So yeah you can just post right after if it's an issue. If you need further help with the thread try asking a moderator of the Smash 4 boards directly (you can find a list in the members tab)

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
@ ndayday ndayday *facepalm* shoot, I'd be embarrassed if that was my mistake. I don't remember, but I believe I hit enter (which fixed it) but the next time I refreshed it, it went back to the same comment.

But there's a possibility I simply deleted the text from the url and then hit refresh like a doof... I'll report back in if the problem persists. Thank you

Last edited:

FlagshipsOnFire

Smash Rookie
I have an account connected to Facebook under the name "Flagships On Fire" (with spaces, unlike this account). I would not like to use it because of privacy-related matters and have disconnected my account from it, but that leaves me with no way to access it. How do I delete that account?

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
I have an account connected to Facebook under the name "Flagships On Fire" (with spaces, unlike this account). I would not like to use it because of privacy-related matters and have disconnected my account from it, but that leaves me with no way to access it. How do I delete that account?
don't think we really delete accounts but perhaps an admin can edit out that info.
@Xiivi @Warchamp7 ? (from looking I'm guessing avatar and age etc. being displayed)

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
Is there a thread dedicated to collecting links to all the major competitive communities/boards/websites around the world?

SmashBroVeteran20

Smash Rookie
ive got a question im from the Netherlands and i dont know how to participate in tournaments and stuff
this is my question
is it possible for someone from the Netherlands to play with others smash bros players and participate in tournaments?

ndayday

BRoomer
Is there a thread dedicated to collecting links to all the major competitive communities/boards/websites around the world?
I don't believe so.
my biased input is to say this site is all you need. Are you looking to make a thread for it or are you just interested in seeing them all?
ive got a question im from the Netherlands and i dont know how to participate in tournaments and stuff
this is my question
is it possible for someone from the Netherlands to play with others smash bros players and participate in tournaments?
I'd check out European Regional Zones:
http://smashboards.com/forums/europe.226/
if you have a facebook that's also an option, many groups of smashers like that for contacting etc.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I wanted to make a thread in the Light House section, but were unsure of the thread rules because either they don't exist or are not pinned.
So that being said, previously I made a thread in the same sub-forum I believe and a mod locked it, they made it clear to me that it wasn't anything bad or personal about my thread, just that it wasn't the place to post it, they would then redirect me to post it in my personal blog (when the site had them), which was all fine and dandy,.... until the site went under reconstruction after the DoS attack I think...? and my blog was deleted.
So now I'm unsure where I would post this type of thread, I figured the Light house, since it is solely game-related and doesn't interfere in Smash Bros related items, although it is somewhat of a what if/YR (Your reaction)/Discussion thread, there are several I've personally seen in the Light House who emulate the same thing, but to insure that my thread isn't locked again (because my threads are very detailed and usually huge posts) I wanted to know;

Can you tell me or how can I know the rules of the Light House sub-forum, so that if I were to create a thread, it would be safe from being locked.?

Although that was my question in bold, I hope that a mod/staff can elaborate of some of the points also made in this post, that may directly or indirectly help me for future preference.

- What If threads/YR (Your Reaction)/Discussion threads
- Rules for Sub-Forum existence? Not Pinned?

Thanks in advance.

edit: here's an example/actual scenario in question:
http://smashboards.com/threads/microsoft-all-stars-xbox-smash-bros.326489/

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
Okay, so I wanted to make a thread in the Light House section, but were unsure of the thread rules because either they don't exist or are not pinned.
So that being said, previously I made a thread in the same sub-forum I believe and a mod locked it, they made it clear to me that it wasn't anything bad or personal about my thread, just that it wasn't the place to post it, they would then redirect me to post it in my personal blog (when the site had them), which was all fine and dandy,.... until the site went under reconstruction after the DoS attack I think...? and my blog was deleted.
So now I'm unsure where I would post this type of thread, I figured the Light house, since it is solely game-related and doesn't interfere in Smash Bros related items, although it is somewhat of a what if/YR (Your reaction)/Discussion thread, there are several I've personally seen in the Light House who emulate the same thing, but to insure that my thread isn't locked again (because my threads are very detailed and usually huge posts) I wanted to know;

Can you tell me or how can I know the rules of the Light House sub-forum, so that if I were to create a thread, it would be safe from being locked.?

Although that was my question in bold, I hope that a mod/staff can elaborate of some of the points also made in this post, that may directly or indirectly help me for future preference.

- What If threads/YR (Your Reaction)/Discussion threads
- Rules for Sub-Forum existence? Not Pinned?

Thanks in advance.

edit: here's an example/actual scenario in question:
http://smashboards.com/threads/microsoft-all-stars-xbox-smash-bros.326489/
Forum rules are at the bottom of the page, Terms and Rules.
http://smashboards.com/help/terms

Since it sounds like you've had problems with the thread you're making in the past I would talk to the mod of the Light House, @ Minato Minato about it. PM him (conversations as they're known on this forum software) and he should help you out.
and yeah Blogs are gone.

(I'd normally be fine with giving you the go-ahead myself but since whoever used to mod the LH when you first posted it thought otherwise it'd be best to talk to Minato)

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
@ VictoryIsMudkipz VictoryIsMudkipz Personally, I'm ok with it. Before the DoS attack there used to be a sticked post of all the LH rules, but not anymore. Frankly, I'm fine with threads like that since it helps generate discussions in the LH for those not active in community threads and such. As of right now, any non-Smash thread (or threads that would belong in NintenZone) is fine with me as long as there isn't a recent duplicate thread. So yes, I'm allowing hypothetical game topics and list topics.

I haven't made a rules thread just because there isn't I much want to restrict at the moment unless something becomes a problem. Everything from SWF's Terms and Rules page found at the bottom still applies though. But if there are any threads you're unsure of, just PM me. However, having a thread linking to your personal blog might be a no since there wouldn't really be any discussion going on and could lead to advertising.

Last edited:

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
@ VictoryIsMudkipz VictoryIsMudkipz Personally, I'm ok with it. Before the DoS attack there used to be a sticked post of all the LH rules, but not anymore. Frankly, I'm fine with threads like that since it helps generate discussions in the LH for those not active in community threads and such. As of right now, any non-Smash thread (or threads that would belong in NintenZone) is fine with me as long as there isn't a recent duplicate thread. So yes, I'm allowing hypothetical game topics and list topics.

I haven't made a rules thread just because there isn't I much want to restrict at the moment unless something becomes a problem. Everything from SWF's Terms and Rules page found at the bottom still applies though. But if there are any threads you're unsure of, just PM me. However, having a thread linking to your personal blog might be a no since there wouldn't really be any discussion going on and could lead to advertising.

Thank you both @ Minato Minato & @ ndayday ndayday , you two were both a great help, and I will make sure I stay within the guidelines of the site when creating threads in different sub-forums. Thanks again.

ndayday

BRoomer
Is there a specific location on the forum to announce leaving the boards?
Nah, I even think the rules say it's considered spam but so long as it's not an angry tirade or something I guess you could make a thread in this board.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
I don't believe so.
my biased input is to say this site is all you need. Are you looking to make a thread for it or are you just interested in seeing them all?
I was looking for the Spanish boards cause i'm traveling to Spain in a couple of months (i've found them btw) .
I remember reading a thread that grouped all the major boards for every country with links; though, this was some years ago.
It would be nice to have something like that, i would personally do it, but unfortunately i don't have much time to put into it.

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
@ Skull_Kid Skull_Kid alright, glad you found them then. I remember something like that too, or at least the fascination was with Japanese boards.

Top Bottom