• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
To be honest, I dont use that feature. Try using this button, let me know if that works for you.

edit- ninja'd by kupo rose XD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How do you open a poll for a thread? I've got a good thread idea but I don't know how polls work on this site. Do you need a certain amount of posts?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I believe on the old site you needed to be a premium member or moderator in order to post a poll. I'm not exactly sure if that has changed since the switch.

MrDizzle

Smash Rookie
Is there any easy way for a program to find all the threads in a given forum?
As a learning experience I'm trying to put all tournament locations in the tournament listings on a single Google map. Thanks.

And how do you put things in spoiler tags?

Terra-Xehanort

Smash Rookie
If I want to go against someone on here, is there a forum where I can ask if anhyone wn\ants to?
Also, why do I keep getting so much lag?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How do you open a poll for a thread? I've got a good thread idea but I don't know how polls work on this site. Do you need a certain amount of posts?
When you make a new thread, there is a poll option at the bottom, underneath the text box. Let me know if it works out. I'm not sure if it's available to standard members on the new site, but I believe it is.
Is there any easy way for a program to find all the threads in a given forum?
As a learning experience I'm trying to put all tournament locations in the tournament listings on a single Google map. Thanks.

And how do you put things in spoiler tags?
I'm sorry, I don't know about your first question. I'll leave that to someone who knows.

To use spoiler tags, place your text within this code [collapse*][/*collapse] without the *.

If I want to go against someone on here, is there a forum where I can ask if anhyone wn\ants to?
Also, why do I keep getting so much lag?
Yes, you can go here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smashboards-arena-swf-is-now-online.275524/page-2344

Do you mean why do you lag when playing brawl online? Because brawl's online is bad. You can try some ways to reduce lag here: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...d-everything-you-can-do-to-reduce-lag.155378/

Does anyone know where I could try and promote a small local tournament series? Still don't quite know my way around here yet.
You can make tournament topics here: http://smashboards.com/forums/tournament-listings.51/

You'll be able to to make a thread specific to your region. You should also check out your region in the Regional Zones to get a sense of the tournament scene in your area: http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/

JOE!

Smash Hero
Is there a way to make compound images without the "gap" between two images atop one another?

Example:

it looks like they touch when you make the post, but once posted there is a small gap

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Why don't you just make it one image?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I wanted to:

1) make a wrapper for an embedded YT vid

2) I have projects that are a large image made of smaller ones that include links to related projects that got wrecked by this.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ah, I see.

I don't think there's a way, sorry.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Is there a conceivable way to change my username?

I chose ManbeaPig six years ago on a whim after watching a South Park episode and I have since grown to loathe this name.

If theres any info on what I can or can't do it would be greatly appreciated ASAP since I'm currently getting a sig designed for me which will need my forum name on it.

Cheers.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
It is possible to change your name with the purchase of any amount of Premium Membership.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
It is possible to change your name with the purchase of any amount of Premium Membership.
Thanks.
Where it says:
•2X the space in your signature (NEW!)
Does that mean I would be allowed to have a sig that is 250 pixels in height?

Edit: Also, now that I'm a member how do I change my name?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I just read the thread on premium membership which suggests to message Virgilijus for name change requests. But unfortunately Virgilijus is a broken link.
Who is the new correct person to contact about this?
I'd like my name changed to "Neanderthal" if possible.

Cheers.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
You could always test it out. Toss this in your sig and find out

http://i.imgur.com/LLBdJBx.png
I thought it would be more a matter of mods getting pissed for having a big sig rather than being a matter of fitting or not.

Edit: Just tested it.
It only shows up to 125. I guess you don't really get double the sig area by being a member?
Seems a bit like false advertising when it says:
•2X the space in your signature (NEW!)

That was part of the reason I signed up (apart from supporting the site ofcourse ;))

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I never noticed that in the feature list before, it might be something that was intended but isn't working properly. Perhaps if you have time, submit a bug in forum support.

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to add a link in my sig that brings you to a thread here. But when I click on the link, the thread doesn't open up in a new tab. Is there a way to do this? I'm bad when it comes to these kinds of codes.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Didnt know where else to ask this, but for some reason in the first post of my thread the spoiler tags are all messed up, i have them in the right place but evertime i edit it they double up or add one that is just blank. Im not sure why its doing this or if the font color is affecting anything either.

this is the thread im talking about: BB Thread

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Moderators are essentially the peace keepers of the boards. They are hand picked members of the community who are proven to have the proper character traits.

If you ask to be a moderator, chances are you aren't what they're looking for.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Sorry for the late response, I was hoping for better news. I have tracked the issue to a lack of assets on the server (the images didn't get transferred properly) and I have neither access to the script that generates the postbits nor the files in question. I have submitted the bug in the development back room. Hopefully this gets resolved, but I cannot make any promises on how soon.

Top Bottom