• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hi i just made my account but when making my username i accidentally misspelled it (was supposed to be "HitokiriBattousai") is there anyway i can request my username fixed? or worst case can i request my account be deleted so i can remake it?
You can just remake your account.

Harraseda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Harraseda
Sorry if this is a dumb question, or has already been answered. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything relevant though, so here it is:

On certain forums, such as the SSB4 Character Discussion board, it says that 2You have insufficient privileges to reply here." What do I have to do to be able to post on those threads?

ndayday

BRoomer
Sorry if this is a dumb question, or has already been answered. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything relevant though, so here it is:

On certain forums, such as the SSB4 Character Discussion board, it says that 2You have insufficient privileges to reply here." What do I have to do to be able to post on those threads?
The character discussion portion is actually closed to replies as it's the old character speculation portion.
You can reply inside the actual character boards (megaman, for example) right?

Harraseda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Harraseda
The character discussion portion is actually closed to replies as it's the old character speculation portion.
You can reply inside the actual character boards (megaman, for example) right?
Ah, yes I can, okay, thanks ^_^

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
A forum I used to frequent had a "math/data" subforum that was heavily moderated, with an eye towards concentrated information gathering and analysis without getting too bogged down in tangential discussion (which was instead kept to the main discussion section). Any thoughts on something like this for the SSB4 forums? The Vectoring thread has had less than half a dozen useful posts since the OP and it's all buried in a sea of ********, ******** about ********, and ****posting. Several other threads exhibit the same effect (in addition to the various noninformative threads in Competitive), though that thread got the worst of it by far.

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
A forum I used to frequent had a "math/data" subforum that was heavily moderated, with an eye towards concentrated information gathering and analysis without getting too bogged down in tangential discussion (which was instead kept to the main discussion section). Any thoughts on something like this for the SSB4 forums? The Vectoring thread has had less than half a dozen useful posts since the OP and it's all buried in a sea of *****ing, *****ing about *****ing, and ****posting.
The 3DS Competitive board is actually supposed to be like what you just said. A more technical board with arguments being based on facts etc., not a general place to cry. Infractions are placed more leniently and those with 3+ points can't post at all there.

If you see posts that don't contribute anything/are spam/have no substance just report it. The rules are there, it's probably just a matter of a mod seeing it.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
We may have different interpretations of the phrase "heavily moderated". If I reported everything that falls outside my suggestion, the 25-page Vector thread would be less than one full page. The initial post, a post or two with useful images explaining what's going on, and the handful of posts that have actually made an effort to advance findings or discuss the OP's methodology since then. A number of active threads in the subforum would also be moved/removed/heavily trimmed.

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
We may have different interpretations of the phrase "heavily moderated". If I reported everything that falls outside my suggestion, the 25-page Vector thread would be less than one full page. The initial post, a post or two with useful images explaining what's going on, and the handful of posts that have actually made an effort to advance findings or discuss the OP's methodology since then. A number of active threads in the subforum would also be moved/removed/heavily trimmed.
so a forum with just data? Nothing but? Would it be open to everyone, just that if it wasn't data it'd be removed? I guess I'm trying to understand the purpose since there's a thread that's locked where any solid data has been put in. Discussion about the stuff that's being found goes in the forum and it's held to a slightly higher standard than elsewhere (or at least it's supposed to).

I see your point however. A place to compile everything without sifting through garbage is what it sounds like...is this right? :x

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Pretty much. Open to anyone with information to contribute. This is the previously referenced subforum. The forums above it appear to have changed slightly in the years since I was last active there, but that subforum still operates in much the same fashion. Information is compiled, analyzed, and validated there. It's eventually used as reference material for a related wiki (much as ssbwiki or your compilation thread might link to findings).

The purpose is to accelerate developments in our understanding of the game's mechanics and the metagame as a whole. Findings are gathered in an organized, concentrated location and avenues for further testing (if necessary) can be efficiently outlined, along with the tools for doing so. Those interested in testing such mechanics are more likely to take an active role in advancing and posting new findings if they don't have to sift through pages of extraneous discussion to keep up with later developments.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
lol. I was just about to ask if it was possible some kind soul could take out the typo of the a at the beginning of my username, and then I read the above posts.
I guess I am stuck since I will not be upgrading to Premium anytime soon. Help? Anyone?

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
My age is actually one year older than what it is irl. My birthday is set to 1997, while it's really 1998. i guess when I made my account I felt kinda worried about my young age and how people view me, so I bumped my age up idk why I chose by 1 year though... But I've grown more comfortable here (even if I post rarely lol) and I've seen some younger users, I'm not alone!! I know it's only 1 year but I feel a bit guilty now lying.

Is it possible to change my birth date to 1998?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 268018

Aw. My signature picture is not showing. Why is this?

EDIT: NVM, decided to show for some reason lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
lol. I was just about to ask if it was possible some kind soul could take out the typo of the a at the beginning of my username, and then I read the above posts.
I guess I am stuck since I will not be upgrading to Premium anytime soon. Help? Anyone?
I believe we are pretty strict on the premium requirement for name changes, even really minor ones. Sorry about that :( if it makes a difference, the a being there doesn't really do any harm to your name, and I'd still refer to you as CaptainNorris regardless. Just know that ANY amount of premium grants you a namechange, if you ever do decide to go through with it.

My age is actually one year older than what it is irl. My birthday is set to 1997, while it's really 1998. i guess when I made my account I felt kinda worried about my young age and how people view me, so I bumped my age up idk why I chose by 1 year though... But I've grown more comfortable here (even if I post rarely lol) and I've seen some younger users, I'm not alone!! I know it's only 1 year but I feel a bit guilty now lying.

Is it possible to change my birth date to 1998?
Yes, but you'll have to ask an admin to do that for you.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I believe we are pretty strict on the premium requirement for name changes, even really minor ones. Sorry about that :( if it makes a difference, the a being there doesn't really do any harm to your name, and I'd still refer to you as CaptainNorris regardless. Just know that ANY amount of premium grants you a namechange, if you ever do decide to go through with it.

Yes, but you'll have to ask an admin to do that for you.
HAha thanks. It isn't that big of a deal anyway. :p

joelsdaman1

Smash Cadet
NNID
joelsdaman1
3DS FC
4785-6676-7225
What's a sub? (please don't say "a delicious sandwich" or "a yellow thing that goes underwater.")

I see on Zero's stream "Sub Goal - 182/200." What does it mean?

Harraseda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Harraseda
What's a sub? (please don't say "a delicious sandwich" or "a yellow thing that goes underwater.")

Is it not just referring to subscribers on Twitch?

BSP

Smash Legend
How to I change my title from "smash debator" to whatever my post count will give me (I think it's smash hero)?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How to I change my title from "smash debator" to whatever my post count will give me (I think it's smash hero)?
Unfortunately, given that user groups titles override your user title, you can't change it

However, you can become a Premium member to give yourself a customized user title.

On that context, sub is an abbreviation of subscriber.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I have a question, when I try to reply to certain topics (threads?), it says I don't have sufficient privileges to reply there. I don't actually type a comment, there is no reply button at all. I have no Infraction Points, and I am very confused.

I noticed this only happens for some of the topics in the Smash 4 Character Discussion thread, if that means anything. I'd be grateful for any help.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I have a question, when I try to reply to certain topics (threads?), it says I don't have sufficient privileges to reply there. I don't actually type a comment, there is no reply button at all. I have no Infraction Points, and I am very confused.

I noticed this only happens for some of the topics in the Smash 4 Character Discussion thread, if that means anything. I'd be grateful for any help.
The threads in that section were actually closed.

http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-characters-discussion-closed.367102/

ndayday

BRoomer
How do I insert a image onto a thread? :ohwell:
:4miibrawl:
Either by wrapping tags around the url of the image or through upload a file which is right next to post reply.
Also don't make new threads for questions, they go in this thread.

ndayday

BRoomer
How would I wrap tags?
You can either click the image button on the toolbar (next to smiley face) or manually do it by pasting the URL and "wrapping" [ img ] url [ / img ] around it (no spaces).
why cant i comment on the general character discussion :(
It used to be the speculation section and it's closed now.

Last edited:

Kryver98

Smash Rookie
So what are these titles of "Smash Rookie" and "Smash Apprentice" and etc.? And how do you increase these in ranking?

CSDude1020

Smash Rookie
NNID
CSDude1020
You can either click the image button on the toolbar (next to smiley face) or manually do it by pasting the URL and "wrapping" [ img ] url [ / img ] around it (no spaces.
When trying to insert an image through the "Image" button, its says image URL.
How would I insert a picture from my system?

Last edited:
Top Bottom