• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards is Back!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
There has to be more to tell really. What exactly was going on with the Temple Host? It's fairly hard to believe their story about being the victims of a DDoS for several consecutive weeks, there were quite a few pretty nasty rumors about their business in general, and their lack of communication to the point that AZ was about to file a criminal complaint was pretty bad. Are we really going to keep using a company like that? As others have suggested, it wasn't a huge problem that smashboards was down for so long because of the timing, but if this had happened in the early days of smash 4 or before some other huge event (like before Melee at EVO), it could have caused a lot more chaos. Are we now taking steps to make sure, if something like this happens again, that we'll have back-ups ready to just relatively quickly jump ship to a new host? I don't want to come off as rude here, but that kind of downtime with an intermittent credible threat of massive data loss (reversion to January) for a site of this size is pretty serious, and losing smashboards at the wrong time could be a crippling blow to the competitive community as a whole. I'm just concerned, and if you could give us some more details of exactly what happened and what's being done to prevent a repeat, it would put my mind (and probably some other minds) at ease.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the new frontpage becoming permanent, and given that it had a tournaments tab too with clear room for more tabs yet, I'm doubly looking forward to having a fleshed out site in general for these forums to associate with. I'm certainly happy to have smashboards back; the internet is just a lonely place without you guys.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Awesome job getting things back and running :)
Also good to see the forums again, been kinda weird not having them around for a while~

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yes! It's about time!

I was very worried for the forums. I thought it might never come back up!

Don't do this to me again D;

If you get around to it, you should totally add a Trophy for surviving the DDoS attack. :D

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
It takes more than that to bring down SmashBoards. I'm glad it works again, and thanks to everyone who tried to bring it back up again. I hope this wonn't happen again.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
HELLO!?!?!? After all that it just comes back all of a sudden! Too good to be true!
Hopefully it doesn't go out again.

link2702

Smash Champion
so...does anyone have any idea just who was targeting the smash community now?

That's the main thing I'm wondering....I'm still willing to bet it was someone from SRK or something. Some traditional Fighting game fan purist pissed that smash got into evo.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone having a problem where the website doesn't work sometimes? I tried to get on earlier and it took me to that DDoS screen.

Top Bottom