• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Video Game Brawl of Fame! A platform fighter with no Nintendo! (Looking for: Solid Snake Moveset)

darkvortex

Smash Lord
yes to all items aside from Portal Gun

Pinstripe Potoroo - Silver
Koala Kong - Bronze
Penta Penguin - Silver
Komodo Brothers - Gold
Baby T - Bronze

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's finally get to counting those item votes yeah?

Green Herb: 4 Y, 1 N.
Portal Gun: 2 Y, 3 N.
Quad Damage: 6 Y, 0 N.
Loot Llama: 5 Y, 0 N.

Looks like we're adding everything but the Portal Gun! Congrats to DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 cashregister9 cashregister9 and darkvortex darkvortex for the great Item Submissions!
==========
And now, lets look at Submissions

Job #113: Submit 1 to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Crash Bandicoot series!
Tokens:
  • Aku Aku - Gold
  • Tawna(Classic) - Bronze
  • Dr. Neo Cortex - Gold
  • Coco Bandicoot - Gold
  • Tawna(Modern) - Silver
Dingodille-Silver
N. Tropy-Gold
Tiny Tiger-Silver
Crunch Bandicoot-Bronze
G. Gin-Bronze
Crash Tokens

Uka Uka - Gold
N. Brio - Silver
N. Oxide - Gold
Polar - Bronze
N. Trance - Silver
Crash Tokens!

Nitro Crate - Bronze
Ripper Roo - Bronze
Nina - Silver
Rusty Walrus - Silver
Fake Crash - Gold
Crash Tokens
  • Pura (Bronze)
  • Rilla Roo (Bronze)
  • Quantum Masks (Silver)
  • Evil Twins (Silver)
  • Iron Checkpoint Crate (Gold)
Pinstripe Potoroo - Silver
Koala Kong - Bronze
Penta Penguin - Silver
Komodo Brothers - Gold
Baby T - Bronze
Now this is great! We've got a grand total of 30 tokens! Thank you all so much for submitting!

Job #114: Submit a set of 10 alts for Arle Nadja!

We've got two submissions here, so this means another vote is in order!

Arle Nadja Alts:
  1. Default
  2. Sig Color Scheme
  3. Ringo Color Scheme
  4. Witch Color Scheme
  5. Skeleton T Color Scheme
  6. Ecolo Color Scheme
  7. Dark Prince Color Scheme
  8. Red, Blue, Yellow and Green
  9. Orange, Teal, Pink and Purple
  10. Amitie
Job 114: Arle's Alternate Costumes

1. Modern design who is from Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary, Puyo Puyo Champions and Puyo Puyo Tetris 1 and 2
2. Amitie Colors
3. Ringo Colors
4. Draco Colors
5. Rulue Colors
6. Schezo Colors
7. Satan Colors
8. Doppeldagger Arle Colors
9. Arle's outfit from Puyo Puyo DA!
10. Adventure Sorceress Arle from Puyo Puyo!! Quest
Simply vote for your preferred alt set.

And finally, a thank you to everyone who submitted Misc info and artwork this round.
==========
New let's get to a new job!

Job #115: Submit a Character for the Roster!

It's that time again! And this time there's no frills, no gimmicks. Any video game character is up for grabs! Go wild!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 115: Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Img_mgslc_solid_snake_2.png

Solid Snake is the protagonist from a stealth games called Metal Gear, he is a mercenary who entered into Shadow Moses Island to stop Big Boss' plans

Snake is very obvious,he is very iconic and we don't have a Konami rep

My vote for Arle's alt costumes is myself

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Yoshimitsu

We got SF & MK so feels natural to have Tekken here as well & why not also rep SoulCalibur while we are at it. Plus i think we could use another dedicated sword fighter since all we have is Erdrick right now.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Arle Alts: DragonRobotKing

New Fighter: Red (Angry Birds)

I think the only major gaming landscape we've yet to tackle is the mobile game scene (yeah, we technically have the Snake assist, but pre-and-post App Store mobile gaming are two different beasts), and Red's pretty much the de-facto mascot of the whole thing. While Angry Birds isn't as popular nowadays, it still has a large fanbase.

The way I see Red working is having some of his attacks quickly swap him out for other birds or have him mimic their abilities. This would require some nuance and careful design to fit with the game feel of Brawl of Fame, but it'd be a fun challenge!

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Job 115: Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

View attachment 387668

Solid Snake is the protagonist from a stealth games called Metal Gear, he is a mercenary who entered into Shadow Moses Island to stop Big Boss' plans

Snake is very obvious,he is very iconic and we don't have a Konami rep

My vote for Arle's alt costumes is myself
You cant vote for yourself

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Fighter Submission:
Big_daddy.jpg

Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Ah yes, Big Daddy. An iconic monster of the late half of the 2000s, one that had a shot in a platform fighter before, but was sadly cursed with feeling rather out of place considering PlayStation All-Stars' MO.

I say he deserves a second chance in the realm of platform fighters, one where he'll fit in a lot better.

Plus, I think we're due for another heavyweight.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
New Fighter: Terra (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep)

1712693177182.png

Terra is one of the main protagonists in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I feel like Kingdom Hearts should be added in this game in some way, and I'll attempt to see if I can get it in as a fighter.

But why Terra? Why not any of the other main characters in the series?

3 reasons.

1.) Terra is one of my favorite characters in the franchise. 2.) I agree with MartianSnake MartianSnake that we should have another heavyweight. 3.) In this fictional world where this game gets made, the company making it wont have to pay Disney the price of a small country for the use of a Mickey Mouse keychain.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
hitmanart-e1485871775513.png

Agent 47
Inspired by the assassin ranking weirdly high on that one list of iconic video game characters, I actually thought he could make for a fun fighting game character. He would pull from his various kills and missions actress his home series.

DragonRobotKing's list.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright, let's get to work!

First off, DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 's alt list wins with a total of three votes! Congrats!
========
And now, fighter submissions.

Solid Snake ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Yoshimitsu ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Red ( FazDude FazDude )
Big Daddy ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Terra ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Agent 47 ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Dr. Eggman ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )

Vote for your top three! Do not include your own submission in first place.
=========
And now, a new job.

Job #116: Submit the Final Additional Feature!

Here we are, this job is gonna be a big deal. It's your last chance at getting one last Mode, Collectible, or anything else of that ilk to the game, after this job, no more additional features like that will be added, and we'll just expand on what we have for the most part.

Submit Wisely...

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Terra (Look I have a weird obsession with representing major franchises with unexpected characters, just imagine the fan reactions for this)
2. Red
3. Big Daddy

Job 116:
Announcer Packs!

I've been craving a collectible of sorts with some sort of effect on aesthetics. I feel like this could be a really fun choice, we can include like 10 announcers to buy with in-game currency in the shop. There's a lot of iconic voices in gaming.

Artwork Submissions:
ib4j1jt98wt71.jpg

Forest of Birch
58a4qit98wt71.jpg

Moonlit Swamp
2atnlit98wt71.jpg

The Gateway
17.jpg!Large.jpg

Skull on Fire

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Snake
2. Red
3. Big Daddy

Character Interactions
Something similar to Palutena's Guidance or Snake Codec in Smash
Gonna need some clarification, because character interactions isn't the most accurate name for what you're describing.

Do you have a specific character in mind for this "codec-like"? Or would we hold a vote to see which character gets it?

Or are you talking about pre/post fight dialogue? Or maybe mid-fight interactions like multiversus?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Big Daddy
2. Snake
3. Red

I like the idea of Yoshimitsu duel repping Tekken and Soul Calibur but I think it's too early for a third fighting game character.

Demos:
like masterpieces in smash, players can get short demos of games from each franchise. some are unlockable

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Gonna need some clarification, because character interactions isn't the most accurate name for what you're describing.

Do you have a specific character in mind for this "codec-like"? Or would we hold a vote to see which character gets it?

Or are you talking about pre/post fight dialogue? Or maybe mid-fight interactions like multiversus?
We hold a vote for which character gets it.

That character would perform a taunt and another character from the same series would appear to give tips on their opponent.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Time to see who our next fighter is!

Eggman: 0 points
Agent 47: 0 points
Yoshimitsu: 4 points
Terra: 5 points
Big Daddy: 13 points
Red: 14 points
Snake: 14 points

Ok wow, first off we've got a pretty big gap between top three and bottom four, just a bit interesting. Secondly, we have a tie! So uh, looks like we're gonna have a tiebreaker round.

Click Here to Vote! There's an option for both!
===========
next up, lets look at new submissions.

Job #116: Submit the Final Additional Feature!
Job 116:
Announcer Packs!

I've been craving a collectible of sorts with some sort of effect on aesthetics. I feel like this could be a really fun choice, we can include like 10 announcers to buy with in-game currency in the shop. There's a lot of iconic voices in gaming.
Character Interactions
Something similar to Palutena's Guidance or Snake Codec in Smash
Demos:
like masterpieces in smash, players can get short demos of games from each franchise. some are unlockable
MartianSnake MartianSnake 's Submission
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap 's Submission
darkvortex darkvortex 's Submission

Vote for your favorite! Don't vote for your own.
=========
New Job!

Job #117: Submit an Item, Assist, Stage or Boss that debuted in the 2010s or 2020s!

Time to get modern! Pretty much any major form of representation is allowed here EXCEPT for fighters! Have fun!

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Updating the representation list from a while ago.

Series mainly represented by playable fighters: PAC-MAN, Sonic the Hedgehog, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Space Invaders, Centipede, Dragon Quest, Street Fighter, Crash Bandicoot, Halo, Digimon, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, Mortal Kombat, Diablo, Parappa The Rapper, Puyo Puyo.

Series mainly represented by stages: Asteroids, Missile Command, Adventure, Minesweeper, Daytona USA, Oregon Trail.

Series mainly represented by Assists: Pong, FNAF, Among Us, Snake.

Series mainly represented by Items: Galaga, Mattel, Final Fantasy, Ape Escape, Contra, DOOM, FIFA, NBA Jam, Castlevania, Nier, Perfect Dark, Half-Life, Bugsnax, Beat Saber, Guitar, Fortnite, Quake.

Series mainly represented by Bosses: Soul Calibur, Sinistar.

Series mainly represented by Music: Capcom vs, Defender, Bubble Bobble, Arkanoids, Elevator Action, Atari Karts, Yars Revenge, Breakout, Atari 2600, Chip's Challenge, 3D Space Cadet Pinball, Full Tilt!, Hover!.

Series mainly represented by Tokens: Speed Race, Darius, Pocky and Rocky, The Ninja Warriors, Time Gal, Cleopatra Fortune, Operation Wolf, Legend of Kage, Sonic Blast Man, NewZealand Story, EXIT, Galahad, Boxing, SwordQuest, Berzerk, Crystal Castles, Haunted House.

Series represented by other stuff via technicality: Dig Dug, Flicky.

Gaming collections represented in some fashion: Namco Museum, Atari 50.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Announcers

Undertale_Sans.png

Sans (Undertale) - Boss
the fighter will suddenly appear inside the church where you fight Sans in Undertale. The familiar laugh will play as Sans appears. He acts very much like he does in his home game, throwing bones around, summoning bones and using psychic attacks.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Palpagos Towers (Stage)

Will transport you between the fast travel points near the 1st 4 towers. Each is in a different biome & would have a unique layout. The following groups of pals may be seen in the background of each bosses tower.

Zoe - Lifmonk & Eikthyrdeer
Lilly - Chillet & Swee/Sweepa
Axel - Flambelle & Vanwyrm
Marcus - Dazzi & Univolt

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Character Interactions

Boss: The Noise(Pizza Tower)

I'm shocked that there has not been Pizza Tower representation so far. So let's change that.

The Noise is the Boss of the 3rd Floor on Pizza Tower. His attacks in his fight here will be like in his fight there.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Announcers

Arena (Rocket League)
Rocket League content makes sense for this game due to sports modes appearing in NASB.
The stage would be a flat terrain with cars and a soccer ball as a stage hazard.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Lil update, strawpoll is tied. If there's anyone who hasn't voted yet, please consider

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 117

Alan Wake (Assist)

Built-in: Alan will appear in front of the player and drop a flare down on the ground. This Flare slows any opponent who is within it's range, The are slowed more and more the longer they are in the Flare's radius, but it only lasts for a few seconds.

Item: Alan will appear in the center of the stage with a Flashlight and Revolver, Alan will then proceed to point the flashlight around the stage, if someone is caught in the flashlight beam they will be slowed, this is a gradual slow that increases as the flashlight is on them, Eventually the opponent trapped in the beam will be stunned and Alan will fire his revolver at the opponent dealing a ton of damage and knockback.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright alright let's get down to business!

Fighter votes:

Both: 2 votes
Red: 3 votes
Solid Snake: 4 votes

Solid Snake wins the vote! Congrats to DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 for submitting!

I think this is great choice, he's a very iconic character, and metal gear is equally so. I'm glad he's here!

Final Feature Vote:

Demos: 0 votes
Character Interactions: 1 vote
Announcers: 4 votes

Looks like Announcer Packs are joining Brawl of Fame as our final additional feature! Can't wait to see what kinds of iconic voices are added!
==========
Now let's look at the modern rep submissions!

Sans [Boss] ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Palpagos Towers [Stage] ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Malenia [Boss] ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
The Noise [Boss] ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Arena [Stage] ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Alan Wake [Assist] ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )

Vote for your top three! Don't include your own in first place!
==========
New Jobs!

Job 118: Submit an Announcer Pack list size!

Before we add announcers, we need to figure out how many we're adding! List any number you think would fit, but try to be reasonable, eh?

Job 119: Submit a Metal Gear Stage!

Hrrg, Colonel, it's time to give our newcomer a stage!

MOVESET SUBMISSIONS FOR SOLID SNAKE ARE NOW OPEN!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Arena
Alan Wake
Sans

MGS Stage - VR Mission

Medium size middle base platform with randomly place smaller platformers (both pass-through & not) phasing in & out throughout the area.

Top Bottom