• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Ultimate DLC In A Parallel Universe (Finished! - Some Content Incomplete)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A character who is heavily inspired by American cartoons.

(Yes, of course Sora does lean more McSwordguy than Scrimbo, but he hangs out with Goofy; has wacky shoes; a signature power taught to him by Peter Pan; and his first design was just fingers away from those big minstrel show-inspired cartoon gloves)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Submit a Character who regularly ranks high on fanpolls.

Soul Calibur Music

1. In the name of Father (New Remix)
2. Raise Thy Sword (New Remix)
3. If There Were Any Other Way
4. Forsaken Sanctuary
5. Destiny Will Tell
6. Till Fate Writes My Epitaph (New Remix)
7. Confrontion
8. Brave Sword, Braver Soul
9. Dark Shadows
10. Wings of Despair
11. Thanatos
12. The Edge of Soul

Fighting game series normally have bigger but I've been working on Soul Calibur content for a couple days now and need a break lol

Paraster

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

New submission: a character from a company who got already got a DLC character

Last edited by a moderator:

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP11 Criteria Vote
Fights with an unorthodoxly shaped weapon. ( airConditioner airConditioner )
Heavily associated with non-video game media. ( Baysha Baysha )
Heavily inspired by American cartoons. ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Themed around or associated with a war between light and darkness. ( Paraster Paraster )
Video game character owned by a non-video game company. ( HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 )
Extremely highly requested. ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
From a company who got already got a DLC character. (@Darkonedagger )

Vote your top 3 from this list. You may vote your own for #2 or #3.

D

Deleted member

1. Highly Requested
2. Unorthodox Weapon
3. Owned by a non-game company

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP11 Criteria Results
Voters: 5

Fights with an unorthodoxly shaped weapon: 5
Heavily associated with non-video game media: 1
Heavily inspired by American cartoons: 8
Themed around or associated with a war between light and darkness: 5
Video game character owned by a non-video game company: 6
Extremely highly requested: 5
From a company who got already got a DLC character: 0

Our final DLC character must take inspiration from American cartoons!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
lets be real here, somebody's gonna submit Crash and he'll win by a landslide.

Peppino (Pizza Tower)

Funny pizza man go brr.

That aside, including Peppino could be really fun because of a fast grappler playstyle; his Ren & Stimpy-esque animations; and his cowardly demeanor, he's not exactly the ideal choice for topping off the DLC but I think putting an obscure-to-the-point-of-"not yet released" indie in a game this big would be a nice gesture - plus he could possibly bring an extra repped series to the fray through Mort the Chicken. The Pizza Tower OST would fit Smash really well too.

My submission:
Cuphead (Studio MDHR)

1644994943454.png

Cuphead is a protagonist of self-titled Run'n'gun Indie game. He is a humanoid with Cup as a head and he goes on adventures with his brother Mugman to kill bosses like Root Pack, Grim Matchstick and even Devil, who is the responsible for contracts for souls.
He is inspired by 1930's Cartoons and he is one of modern indie game characters that can join the roster.

He would fight like in his games, where he shoots bullets from finger or he could use original moves based on Slapstick cartoons like stretching your arm as Side Smash attack.
He would be Mid-Lightweight Zoner with gimmick revolving about switching your weapon into other weapons.

I nominate him, because he would be another Indie character and he would bring his fans to smash Fanbase, which is also cool.
Also, I'm nominating him because the Cuphead Show is gonna be released in this month, so why not appreciate him as Another indie character that can fit into roster, since we never had a run'n'gun character in Smash.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Fewer submissions than I expected, though I suppose the criteria is a bit more specific than previous ones.

CP11 Fighter Vote
Peacock (Skullgirls)

I've never played Skullgirls, but her Dio-inspired moveset mixed with 1930's rubberhose animation makes this robot girl a very nice choice.
lets be real here, somebody's gonna submit Crash and he'll win by a landslide.

Peppino (Pizza Tower)

Funny pizza man go brr.

That aside, including Peppino could be really fun because of a fast grappler playstyle; his Ren & Stimpy-esque animations; and his cowardly demeanor, he's not exactly the ideal choice for topping off the DLC but I think putting an obscure-to-the-point-of-"not yet released" indie in a game this big would be a nice gesture - plus he could possibly bring an extra repped series to the fray through Mort the Chicken. The Pizza Tower OST would fit Smash really well too.
My submission:
Cuphead (Studio MDHR)

View attachment 345316
Cuphead is a protagonist of self-titled Run'n'gun Indie game. He is a humanoid with Cup as a head and he goes on adventures with his brother Mugman to kill bosses like Root Pack, Grim Matchstick and even Devil, who is the responsible for contracts for souls.
He is inspired by 1930's Cartoons and he is one of modern indie game characters that can join the roster.

He would fight like in his games, where he shoots bullets from finger or he could use original moves based on Slapstick cartoons like stretching your arm as Side Smash attack.
He would be Mid-Lightweight Zoner with gimmick revolving about switching your weapon into other weapons.

I nominate him, because he would be another Indie character and he would bring his fans to smash Fanbase, which is also cool.
Also, I'm nominating him because the Cuphead Show is gonna be released in this month, so why not appreciate him as Another indie character that can fit into roster, since we never had a run'n'gun character in Smash.
Hate to be obvious but
View attachment 345323
Crash Bandicoot

The final character really should be someone who's gonna make a big splash, or a crash, if you will.
Vote your top 2 of these four. You may vote your own for #2.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
1. Crash (I'm not the biggest Crash fan, but I'd say he has the best chance of substituting for Sora as a big finale.)
2. Peacock (Almost went with Cuphead, but Peacock seems more interesting as a character and Skullgirls content seems like it would probably be fun. I'm torn on whether Filia would have been better, though.)

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Challenger Pack 11 Fighter Results
Voters: 6

Peacock: 3
Peppino: 4
Cuphead: 6
Crash: 5

A narrow vote, and a winner I wouldn't have expected, but let's inaugurate our final parallel-universe DLC fighter!
Untitled.png

Cuphead accompanies Sans in the position of "indie Mii costume who this thread has promoted to fighter!"

Submissions for Cuphead's moveset, stage, and music list are open!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Resubbing the Cuphead content I did for CoH's thread. I may do some normals for Cuphead later if they aren't already submitted
Cuphead (and his pal Mugman)

With Cuphead, I decided less to represent his game's gameplay and more his aesthetic - complete with references to specific classic cartoons. His squash-and-stretch nature means he has good range in spite of his medium size. I'm not skimping out on the projectiles, though they've got a little less emphasis than you'd expect - he still fits a zoner archetype however, and is very fast. He is animated in 3D, but with cel shading akin to Fortnite's Rick and Morty skins.

Neutral B: Roundabout

One of the best known abilities in the game. The roundabout first comes out and goes a short length, then goes backwards a further length. Once it starts going backwards it becomes more powerful, but also slower. This move can be shot rapid-fire and walked during (without any slowdown I should add) but doesn't deal knockback

Up B: Matchstick Clouds

When Cuphead uses his Up B he doesn't go higher, but rather lands on a cloud platform, which basicslly serves as a regular soft platform which he can jump off of. However, when it expires it'll go down in flames that can harm both Cuphead and his foes, making it very powerful.

Down B: Heavy Object

Cuphead snaps his fingers and a comically heavy object (such as a safe, baby elephant, sofa, or anvil) drops into the battlefield. There is no difference between these objects. The heavy objects will land on the platform topmost of Cuphead and deal great damage and knockback, but if they land on him it'll flatten him which lets his foes throw him as an item for a brief three seconds (though he'll bounce back if thrown off stage). Although he can't cancel the snapping animation he does have just about enough time flee given he's far away enough from the top blast zone.

Side B: Parry

Basically just Bouncing Fish/Flip Kick - except the attack portion of the move doesn't cancel the jump or change Cuphead's angle. Cuphead glows pink when he jumps, and does his straw-slap for the attack.

Not gonna go into all the non-specials, but here goes

Jab is a slap-slap-punch, with Cuphead's proportions exaggerated in an S&S style

Down tilt has Cuphead shocked by a knife with a tongue popping out of the ground. This is a reference to a cartoon called Bimbo's Initiation (it was a different time. By today's standards the "Bimbos" are doing the initiating, not getting initiated.)

Cuphead's Up Smash has him pull Psycarrot out of the ground then plant him back in. This is a tribute to a cartoon titled The Dover Boys. The pulling motion can throw foes upwards, whereas if a foe is somehow caught in the planting, they'll be grounded. Very laggy, but super powerful with great range

Neutral Air has Cuphead transform into a buzzsaw. This is not a reference to any specific cartoon, but the idea came from The Mad Doctor

Forward Throw has Cuphead stretch out his torso to use as a slingshot and fling his foe. A reference to Pete stretching Mickey in Steamboat Willie.

Cuphead's down throw is... blatantly stolen from Brawlfan. Sorry, I love this idea too much.

Cuphead's forward tilt has his arm buff up like Popeye, as he does the classic winding punch. He only winds once so the move isn't too laggy, (though it's still a little slow) and the wind happens concurrently to his arm buffing up. One of the most powerful attacks that is neither a special nor smash.

Cuphead's forward Smash is unsurpisingly, the Mega Blast, which is almost identical to Mega Man's forward smash in our world.

Cuphead's down air has him turn into his bomb form and dive downwards. This is similar to Wario's down air in PM or Link's down air in all Smash games in that it doesn't end until it hits or Cuphead lands on the ground, making him vulnerable should he misinput or miss. Although he is animated exploding it isn't a very powerful move and is designed to lead into combos.
Cuphead Final Smash: Cup Amuck

A pencil appears and starts drawing. thus tons of duplicates of each projectile in Cuphead's moveset will start spawning. These duplicates cannot hurt Cuphead, even if they can hurt when when spawned in his normal moveset.
Cuphead stage: Floral Fury

Floral Fury is very heavily based on the popular SSBU custom stage. With Hazards off it is functionally identical to said stage, but with them on Cagney Carnation will interfere in different ways.

-He can create roots beneath a platform - these do not deal damage, they merely serve as a frustrating wall like Alolan Exeggutor.
View attachment 320538
-He can stretch out his face into the screen. This deals a very big bit of knockback and small bit of damage, but there is a warning time

-He can turn into a gattling gun and shoot seed bullets - they fall slow and deal a small bit of damage. It's pretty easy to throw foes into them, but you likely won't run into them by accident

-A power borrowed from Psycarrot, Cagney gains a third eye and shoots laser beams. These beams fall fast and diagonally, they deal a lot of damage - however, they do not deal knockback, they stun.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord

Paraster

Smash Lord
Looks like Wario Wario Wario's moveset and stage, and my music list, win.

Submissions for Cuphead's alt. colors, entry animation, taunts, victory music, victory animations, Boxing Ring title, and Classic Mode are now open.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Alts
  1. Cuphead
  2. Mugman
  3. B&W Cuphead
  4. B&W Mugman
  5. Mugman-coloured Cuphead (has orange gloves)
  6. Cuphead-coloured Mugman (has orange boots)
  7. Evil Cuphead (model change)
  8. Evil Mugman (model change)

Boxing ring titles:

"The Gamest of the Gamblers" (Cuphead and Mugman)
"The Maloseum's Holy Grail" (Ms. Chalice, should she be used as an alt)
"A Real Boy" (Puphead, should he be used as an alt)

Paraster

Smash Lord
Cuphead Victory Animations
When any of these victory animations play, a film grain filter is rendered over the screen like in the original game.
  • Cuphead in his plane form flies past the camera, then crashes into something offscreen, rolling back into frame dazed in his regular form.
  • Cuphead does an energetic leg-swinging march, then does a small leap before posing with his arms out.
  • A scroll of paper floats in fron of Cuphead. He examines it for a moment before grabbing it and shredding it to bits with his hands. He then blows a raspberry.
Cuphead Victory Music
Victory Tune (The remix of this song has an old-timey filter similar to the original game's Vintage Mode audio.)

Also, forgot to mention earlier: Cuphead's series symbol is also open.

Also also: we have very few reveal trailers completed; feel free to submit those for any of our fighters (except for PaRappa)! Cuphead one might want to wait until the rest of his content is released.

Last edited:
Taunts:
Up: Cuphead/Mugman decapitate his head and rises above with happy expression.
Side: Cuphead does fingerguns and points at random side, pretending that he shoots at opponent.
Down: Cuphead gets scared!

Series Logo:
It would be Cuphead's Cup head.

Cuphead Move submission:
Dash attack: Cuphead does an air Dash from his games.
Up Tilt: He erects his straw upwards.
Down Smash: He summons the Super Art version of him and the spirit slams into the ground!
Forward air: Cuphead does the Same version of his dash attack, but he also does a drop kick after that!
Up Air: He throws his head upwards and the spins around over his body.
Back Air: Cuphead does a small blast behind him from his finger.

Grab: Cuphead enlarges his hand and grabs the opponent in comical way.
Pummel: Cuphead pokes his finger at opponent's head.

For Parappa, his pummel would be hitting into opponent's head with his Microphone.
I won't gonna do all moves, because I'm saving for someone else.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Cuphead's Classic Mode Route:Animated Challengers!
on this route,Cuphead fights against characters that have a cartoon,an animated movie or an anime

RouteOpponentStageMusicNotes
1​
:ultmario:,:ultluigi:,:ultpeach:,:ultbowser:(green),:ultyoshi:
Mushroom Kingdom II​
references the Super Mario Bros. Super Show,The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World cartoon.
2​
:ultpikachu:,:ultpokemontrainer:(blue),:ultgreninja:
Prism Tower​
references the Pokémon Animes,where Ash as Protagonist.​
3​
:ultsonic:,:ultkirby:,:ultkingdedede:,:ultmetaknight:
Green Greens​
references the Kirby:Right Back at Ya! and The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog,Sonic SatAM,Sonic OVA,Sonic Underground and Sonic X.​
4​
:ultdk:,:ultdiddy:,:ultkrool:,:ultlink:(teal),:ultzelda:(violet)​
Kongo Falls​
references the Donkey Kong Country cartoon and The Legend of Zelda cartoon.​
5​
:ultpacman:,:ultryu:,:ult_terry:,:ultmegaman:,:ultcloud:(advent),:ultkazuya:
Suzaku Castle​
references the Hanna-Barbera's Pac-Man,Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures cartoon,Street Fighter II animated movies,fatal fury animated movies,Mega Man 1994 cartoon and OVA,Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children and Last Order:Final Fantasy VII and Tekken:Blood Vegenance
Bonus Stage​
Final Boss​
Dracula​
Dracula's Castle​
references the Netflix's Castlevania 2017 and the connections between Castlevania and Cuphead are both are video game series which has a Netflix original animated series and the final boss of both series are a evil monster lord (The Devil and Dracula represnetively)​

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
on this route,Cuphead fights against characters that have a cartoon,an animated movie or an anime

1​
Mushroom Kingdom II​
references the Super Mario Bros. Super Show,The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World cartoon.
2​
Prism Tower​
3​
Green Greens​
references the Kirby:Right Back at Ya! and The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog,Sonic SatAM,Sonic OVA,Sonic Underground and Sonic X.​
4​
Kongo Falls​
5​
Suzaku Castle​
references the Hanna-Barbera's Pac-Man,Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures cartoon,Street Fighter II animated movies,fatal fury animated movies,Mega Man 1994 cartoon and OVA,Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children and Tekken:Blood Vegenance
Bonus Stage​
Final Boss​
Dracula​
Dracula's Castle​
references the Netflix's Castlevania 2017 and the connections between Castlevania and Cuphead are both are video game series which has a Netflix original animated series and the final boss of both series are a evil monster lord (The Devil and Dracula represnetively)​
This is a really cool concept (I particularly like Bowser using his green palette), but it's one round short. Also, Kazuya cannot be present because he was not added in this parallel universe.

D

Deleted member

1​
Mushroom Kingdom II​
2​
Prism Tower​
3​
Green Greens​
4​
Kongo Falls​
5​
Suzaku Castle​
references the Hanna-Barbera's Pac-Man,Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures cartoon,Street Fighter II animated movies,fatal fury animated movies,Mega Man 1994 cartoon and OVA,Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children and Tekken:Blood Vegenance
Bonus Stage​
Final Boss​
Dracula​
Dracula's Castle​
May I suggest adding Marth? There was an FE OVA. We also have some characters here that would fit (Eggman, Parappa, Jack Frost) but idk if dlc characters usually appear in these.

Paraster

Smash Lord
The submissions by Wario Wario Wario, Tankman From Newgrounds, DragonRobotKing26, and myself all automatically win. (I will wait for DragonRobotKing26 to make the requested changes to their submission; if this does not happen within a couple days, I will make them myself.)

Submissions for Cuphead's DLC Spirit Board and the final Mii Fighter wave are now open. Jacky from Virtua Fighter is the sole remaining old Mii. (I plan to move Miis around so that Jacky and Akira are together, but this will not involve adding or removing Miis.)

Lastly, I have designed a back throw and up throw for Cuphead:
  • Back throw: Cuphead turns into a tornado that sucks in the opponent before flinging them behind Cuphead.
  • Up throw: Cuphead throws the opponent up a short distance as a mattress appears below them. The opponent lands on the mattress and is bounced upward.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
This will have two themes: run n' gun games and retro cartoony characters, with Earthworm Jim being the one that links the themes together.
  1. Bill Rizer (Gunner)
  2. Marco Rossi (Gunner)
  3. Arthur (Swordfighter)
  4. Earthworm Jim (Gunner)
  5. Bubsy (Brawler)
  6. Crash Bandicoot (Brawler)

The first 3 are regular costumes, Jim and Bubsy are masked, and Crash resembles the Crash Suit Guy costume.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jacky - Brawler
Crash Bandicoot - Brawler
Edelgard - Swordsman
The Knight (Hollow Knight) - Swordsman (comes with a remix of the Sealed Vessel Theme)

Small wave since that's what Sora got. Crash is the big disconfirm. Edelgard is a Meta gag on my part since Cuphead's Mii came with Byleth. I nearly did Freddy Fazbear as the indie Mii lol.

Top Bottom