• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Ultimate DLC In A Parallel Universe (Finished! - Some Content Incomplete)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Ghrahim(The Legend of Zelda)-swordfighter
Mallow (Super Mario RPG)-brawler
Octoling (Splatoon 2:Octo Expansion)-gunner
Bendy (Bendy and The Ink Machine)-brawler

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Can I submit a Cuphead classic?

Chronology Chaos!
Every battle is a reference to a historically significant moment of American (and one British) animation history in chronological order, how many references can you get?

1. Vs. black Mario and green plumber Wario on Wuhu Island, Yacht phase (Song: High-Sea Hijinx) Steamboat Willie (1928)
  2. Vs. Orange Ryu, white Peach, and purple Yoshi on Great Plateau (Song: Slider (Original)) The Flintstones (1960)
  3. Vs. Luigi, grey Isabelle, and black King Dedede on Spirit Train (Song: Humoresque of a Little Dog) The Wrong Trousers (1993)
  4. Vs. Green Samus and Mii Gunner (cowboy outfit) on Hazards-On Gamer (Song: Charge! (Wii Play)) Toy Story (1996)
  5. Vs. K. Rool, green Zelda, and brown Duck Hunt on Hyrule Castle 64 (Song: Escape from the City) Shrek (2001)
  6. Bonus stage
  7. Final Boss: Crazy Hand (Song: One Hell of a Time) cartoon gloves
Ending picture: On PictoChat 2, Mugman taunts a dizzy B&W Cuphead next to the light blue Inkling.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Cuphead Content Final Vote

Classic Mode

Cuphead's Classic Mode Route:Animated Challengers!
on this route,Cuphead fights against characters that have a cartoon,an animated movie or an anime

RouteOpponentStageMusicNotes
1​
:ultmario:,:ultluigi:,:ultpeach:,:ultbowser:(green),:ultyoshi:
Mushroom Kingdom II​
references the Super Mario Bros. Super Show,The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World cartoon.
2​
:ultpikachu:,:ultpokemontrainer:(blue),:ultgreninja:
Prism Tower​
references the Pokémon Animes,where Ash as Protagonist.​
3​
:ultsonic:,:ultkirby:,:ultkingdedede:,:ultmetaknight:
Green Greens​
references the Kirby:Right Back at Ya! and The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog,Sonic SatAM,Sonic OVA,Sonic Underground and Sonic X.​
4​
:ultdk:,:ultdiddy:,:ultkrool:,:ultlink:(teal),:ultzelda:(violet)​
Kongo Falls​
references the Donkey Kong Country cartoon and The Legend of Zelda cartoon.​
5​
:ultpacman:,:ultryu:,:ult_terry:,:ultmegaman:,:ultcloud:(advent),:ultkazuya:
Suzaku Castle​
references the Hanna-Barbera's Pac-Man,Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures cartoon,Street Fighter II animated movies,fatal fury animated movies,Mega Man 1994 cartoon and OVA,Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children and Tekken:Blood Vegenance
Bonus Stage​
Final Boss​
Dracula​
Dracula's Castle​
references the Netflix's Castlevania 2017 and the connections between Castlevania and Cuphead are both are video game series which has a Netflix original animated series and the final boss of both series are a evil monster lord (The Devil and Dracula represnetively)​
Can I submit a Cuphead classic?

Chronology Chaos!
Every battle is a reference to a historically significant moment of American (and one British) animation history in chronological order, how many references can you get?

1. Vs. black Mario and green plumber Wario on Wuhu Island, Yacht phase (Song: High-Sea Hijinx) Steamboat Willie (1928)
  2. Vs. Orange Ryu, white Peach, and purple Yoshi on Great Plateau (Song: Slider (Original)) The Flintstones (1960)
  3. Vs. Luigi, grey Isabelle, and black King Dedede on Spirit Train (Song: Humoresque of a Little Dog) The Wrong Trousers (1993)
  4. Vs. Green Samus and Mii Gunner (cowboy outfit) on Hazards-On Gamer (Song: Charge! (Wii Play)) Toy Story (1996)
  5. Vs. K. Rool, green Zelda, and brown Duck Hunt on Hyrule Castle 64 (Song: Escape from the City) Shrek (2001)
  6. Bonus stage
  7. Final Boss: Crazy Hand (Song: One Hell of a Time) cartoon gloves
Ending picture: On PictoChat 2, Mugman taunts a dizzy B&W Cuphead next to the light blue Inkling.
Vote your favorite of these two. You may vote your own. I vote Animated Challengers.

Mii Fighter Wave 11
This will have two themes: run n' gun games and retro cartoony characters, with Earthworm Jim being the one that links the themes together.
  1. Bill Rizer (Gunner)
  2. Marco Rossi (Gunner)
  3. Arthur (Swordfighter)
  4. Earthworm Jim (Gunner)
  5. Bubsy (Brawler)
  6. Crash Bandicoot (Brawler)

The first 3 are regular costumes, Jim and Bubsy are masked, and Crash resembles the Crash Suit Guy costume.
Jacky - Brawler
Crash Bandicoot - Brawler
Edelgard - Swordsman
The Knight (Hollow Knight) - Swordsman (comes with a remix of the Sealed Vessel Theme)

Small wave since that's what Sora got. Crash is the big disconfirm. Edelgard is a Meta gag on my part since Cuphead's Mii came with Byleth. I nearly did Freddy Fazbear as the indie Mii lol.
Mii Fighter Wave 11 Submission
Jacky - Virtua Fighter (Brawler)
Toxtricity - Pokemon (Brawler)
The Knight - Hollow Knight (Swordfighter)
Cadence - Crypt of the NecroDancer (Swordfighter) (Bonus track: Gleeokenspiel, added to Zelda songs)

I beg you, it is a crime we never got a Cadence costume in real life.
Ghrahim(The Legend of Zelda)-swordfighter
Mallow (Super Mario RPG)-brawler
Octoling (Splatoon 2:Octo Expansion)-gunner
Bendy (Bendy and The Ink Machine)-brawler
Vote your top 2 of these four options. You may vote your own for #2. My votes:
#1. Darkonedagger
#2. Paraster

Also, I came up with a rough outline for what a Cuphead Spirit Board would look like, though I was too busy to do any more than the characters and the classes. Unless another Spirit Board concept is submitted before voting ends, this will automatically win.
Elder Kettle: Novice
Porkrind: Novice
Legendary Chalice: Advanced -> Ms. Chalice: Ace
Cagney Carnation: Ace
Ribby and Croaks: Novice
Baroness Von Bon Bon: Novice
Grim Matchstick: Advanced
Dr. Kahl and his Robot: Advanced
Cala Maria: Ace
King Dice: Ace
The Devil (Cuphead): Legend

Paraster

Smash Lord
Cuphead Final Vote Results

Cuphead Classic Mode

DragonRobotKing26: 4
Wario Wario Wario: 2

Cuphead Miis
Voters: 8

Wario Wario Wario: 8
Darkonedagger: 7
Paraster: 9
DragonRobotKing26: 0

Since no other submissions were made, my DLC Spirit Board outline will be added to be completed later.

And with that, we are done with our final DLC character! The only job left aside from previous content left incomplete is the bonus Mii for Fighters Pass 2! Note that, like last time, the bonus Mii must be first party.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
NOAH FROM XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3

swordfihgter

oh wait xbc 3 didn't exist yet

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh give us a raven beak gunner then from metroid dread

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
FP2 Bonus Mii Results
Waluigi: 3
Sothis: 0

With that, our second bonus Mii is a Waluigi Swordfighter (tennis-racket-fighter?) costume, and the thread is complete!

...well, sort of. There's still a few bits of content that have been left incomplete, but there will be no more submissions or voting from here on out. Feel free to fill open slots, comment on our final results, and/or share what criteria or fighters you'd have liked to see win! (I myself am working on a list mixing and matching the real-life and parallel-universe DLC based on which picks I'd prefer for each slot.)

And above all, thank you to everyone who participated! This has been a fun few months, and it got me thinking about characters and franchises I've never paid much mind before (I probably wouldn't have purchased Cuphead if it wasn't for this thread!).

Paraster

Smash Lord
Mixing and Matching Parallel and Real - My Picks
  • Kamek (VERY close call--this could go either way, really--but I like the idea of Yoshi getting a second rep.)
  • PaRappa (This was pretty much even until I picked CP2--we don't need two SMT fighters IN A ROW.)
  • Jack Frost (Everything about SMT is more interesting than Dragon Quest to me)
  • Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo was a MUCH bigger deal than Porky would have been, let's be real.)
  • Terry (Terry seems a bit more historically significant than Sol, and Sakurai's personal connection is a plus.)
  • Byleth (I know this would sound stupid to a lot of people, but I think it'd be a good idea to lean slightly more into the more "realistic" picks. Also, I don't care for Eggman and I at least like Byleth's design.)
  • Min Min (See above.)
  • Sans (I love Undertale; that's about it)
  • Sephiroth (While I like Bandana Dee better as a character, Sephiroth is probably better for the Game Awards reveal. Also, I think Final Fantasy necessitates additional content more than Kirby.)
  • Officer Howard (More interesting than Pyra and Mythra, and we get more varied IP rep.)
  • Kazuya (Nightmare is slightly more interesting to me, but I can't see a scenario where Namco, Nintendo, or Sakurai prioritizes Soulcalibur over Tekken.)
  • Cuphead (Sora is undoubtedly better as a big finale, but Cuphead isn't THAT much worse, and is allows for more variety in genres/companies/character designs.)
  • Bonus Miis: Rex and Waluigi

Top Bottom