• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Spider-Man The fighting Game! Other marvel guests included!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Character Name: Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Character Origin: Marvel Spotlight #32 (1976)
1634926336951.png

Whilst some might deride the original Spider-Woman as merely a clone of the Spiders we have playable at the moment, I think Drew has the unusual capability of a truly unique moveset. Alongside being a Spiderverse mainstay - being a 616 character herself and one of the earliest Spiders alongside Peter - Drew differs in playstyle significantly. For example, she is able to glide using her costume - as well as having a moveset which uses 7 martial arts, taught to her by the Taskmaster. Coupled with her own Venom Blasts (similar in concept to Miles's, but used very differently,) and you have a pretty unique fighter for this game - a fast-paced hard-hitter, but with a more calculated playstyle as opposed to the mindless rushdowns of characters like Rhino and the other Spiders. Not only this, but she's also very important to the history of Spider-Man - many Spiderverse versions have come about more recently, but Spider-Woman is truly her own character.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So i will accept all of them! also please use pictures when suggesting characters so that i know which version/ costume you mean!
Now the next job:
SUGGEST COSTUMES AND STAGES FOR ALL CHARACTERS!
Spidermans Stage:
1634983452772.png
Aunt Mays House!
Also keep in mind that things might get more regulated because i have certain plans for storymode!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
So i will accept all of them! also please use pictures when suggesting characters so that i know which version/ costume you mean!
Now the next job:
SUGGEST COSTUMES AND STAGES FOR ALL CHARACTERS!
Spidermans Stage:
View attachment 335439Aunt Mays House!
Also keep in mind that things might get more regulated because i have certain plans for storymode!
Well, here's a couple of ideas.

Mysterio
Costume Name: Second Suit

This one's based on the later comics, as a sort of evolution of his style in the late 80s to the early 90s. Whilst it was eventually nuked, I think it's a cool design to include here.

1634984078335.png

Swarm
Costume 1: Video Game Continuity

Whilst Swarm didn't feature in the game aside from a J. Jonah Jameson podcast reference, this design is based on an artbook that he was featured in, as well as a comic continuity. As opposed to, well, being a skeleton animated by bees, the idea is that the inside of the suit is a hive - meaning that bees can still pass through freely.
1634984339701.png

View attachment 335442

Costume 2: Turn Off the Dark

1634984508088.png

Based on Swarm's appearance in the Broadway show, Turn Off the Dark. Much more bee-like than others of his type.

Cloak and Dagger

Costume Name: Age of Apocalypse
1634984758023.png

Based on their appearance in the Age of Apocalypse storyline. Whilst they don't actually work together in that timeline, I'd say it's a unique look for them.

(Now, I'll submit stages soon but I might be a little busy for the next half-hour.)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Stages:
Bell Tower (Venom)
Oscorp Building Office (green goblin)
Oscorp Building Lab (Dr Ocktopus)
Oscorp Building Ruins (??? ??????)
Another New York City (spider-Gwen)

Costumes:
Basically every Civilian version gonna add them quick!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Stage:
New York City (Spiderman)

It would take place at New York City on one of NYC building like in MvC.

Costumes:
Fake Spiderman (Miles Morales)

Design is based on Fake Spider Man costume from SpiderVerse.
I gave Miles the Great Responsibility suit instead because in this game hes Mostly Playstation based! and theyre both pretty similar!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Sandman

1634992669323.png

I think this costume could be cool as an alt. It's appeared a few times, and given that Sandman's appearance is often very similar, I think it would be a cool difference. This is his "VS Fantastic Four" costume.

1634992726330.png

Likewise, we have here his Silver Sable costume - again, a pretty overall unique design, I think.

1634992758199.png

Lastly, we have the Mud-Thing costume (with Mud-Thing being a fusion of Sandman and Hydro-Man.) Just, imagine Sandman cosplaying it or something.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Sandman

View attachment 335451

I think this costume could be cool as an alt. It's appeared a few times, and given that Sandman's appearance is often very similar, I think it would be a cool difference. This is his "VS Fantastic Four" costume.

View attachment 335452

Likewise, we have here his Silver Sable costume - again, a pretty overall unique design, I think.

View attachment 335453
Lastly, we have the Mud-Thing costume (with Mud-Thing being a fusion of Sandman and Hydro-Man.) Just, imagine Sandman cosplaying it or something.
Good for now im going to include only my favourite of the 3 Okay? my first post gets pretty laggy!

Also i think its time for the next Job:
Submit a (super) Version of Harry Osborn
Because i have a idea for storymode i will pick the version best combatible with that!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
so i guess nobody was interested so The harry of this game will be:
You couldve stopped this now we have diet Wintersoldier in the game!

Next Job:
Submit a symbiote! (1+Carnage)

I just put carange in because lets be honest we all want him the most!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
so i guess nobody was interested so The harry of this game will be:
You couldve stopped this now we have diet Wintersoldier in the game!

Next Job:
Submit a symbiote! (1+Carnage)

I just put carange in because lets be honest we all want him the most!
I... don't have a problem with this actually. ;3

Anyway, here's my submission:

Character Name: Hybrid
Character Origin: Venom: Along Came a Spider #1 (1996)

1635170907297.png

Whilst other symbiotes are a little more popular (perhaps most notably Anti-Venom and Scream,) I think that Hybrid by far has the most moveset potential. Being a fusion of four other symbiotes - namely Agony, Lasher, Phage and Riot,) this allows a lot of really unique ideas for a moveset. For instance - being able to seperate them all out for stronger attacks could be cool on its own, but interestingly, Hybrid actually has the abilities of all of these symbiotes too - includng the ability to spit acid, create large tentacles from its body, and craft both blunt and bladed weapons alike from its own... body.

This, as you can imagine, really lets us home in on the more bizarre aspect of this character. Being able to slash with claws and spit acid is cool, and having command grabs with tentacles seems like a solid shout too - giving this pick a far more eldritch feel than some other symbiotes such as Carnage or Venom.

With a truly bizarre and unique playstyle, as well as being a representative of not one but four quite popular symbiotes, I think that Hybrid is a brilliant choice for this role... plus, he looks cool as hell.

Symbiote Job:
Toxin (Symbiote)

Toxin is the most strongest Symbito in SpiderVerse. He is less popular but he can get in the Roster. He could be the Strongest character due to his status in Comics, which he is Strongest character in the Game. He could have moveset potential like being stronger version than Venom or Carnage. I nominate him, because he was my idea for Symbiote rep.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Symbiot version job:
Venom (Spideman)

Venom is popular Spiderman Villain and he could be in Fighting game. His moveset could be related to his Ooze attacks that could damage your veins.
I nominate him, because he could represent Symbiote in this game, who would be very Cool, since we have Venom in Fortnite, why can't we have in this Fighting Game?
I think you are joking because hes already in! (if you are confused just go to my first post and under Characters you need to search if hes in or not!)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
SO the first vote im exicted!
Hybrid or toxin who will it be?
Please say which caharcter you want in!
Hybrid
OR
Toxin?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So because nobody voted hybrid is in!
Now for the last big job before dlc:
Add the Rest of the costumes and stages!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Hmm... let's get interesting.

For Kraven's stage, I think an interesting way to take this could be an artificial jungle of sorts, a little like the Eden Project here in the UK. The idea is that Kraven uses it as somewhere to practice or something? I'm not exactly sure.

1635347422809.png

Mysterio, on the other hand, has a more interesting stage. I imagine that the implication is that his stage actually is, well, an illusion - hence why the scenery hidden amongst the mist shifts and changes so strangely...

1635347858039.png

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I'd also like to suggest that a Spider-Man Noir costume could work well. As much as I'd love to see him playable, I feel like it's perhaps not particularly realistic given his overall lack of difference in fighting style compared to the other Spiders we have here. As a result, having him as a costume could work well. (Also, could we have Noir Brooklyn as a sort of like, secret stage? It would be set in darkness, and characters like the Hammerhead would feature in the background - fully in black and white, of course.)
1635347925481.png

Top Bottom