• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Spider-Man The fighting Game! Other marvel guests included!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So lets give spidey finnally his own fighting game! Of course some of the more spidey related heroes from other Parts of marvel are allowed too!

1634645915909.png

The first Spiderman Peter Parker from the Universe 616 Joins the battle! Originally a smart but slightly meanspirited Teen learned The lesson From Great power comes Great Responsibilty After His uncle died thanks to his Egotism!

Spider-Miles Is miles debuting in the ps4 Game after meeting Peter his life Changed thanks to a Attack on his dad! And a Spiderbite now hes the Aprentice of Peter also known as the Other spider-man!

Spider-Gwen is gwen stacy from another dimension where instead of Peter getting superpowers and her dying the reverse Happend!

In the far future after peters death this new Spiderman also called Spider-Man 2099 rises also known as Miguel O'Hara!

The Original Spiderwoman Jessica Drew fights for Justice!

Mr. Fantstic the Leader of the fantastic 4!

Daredevil
1635082861708.png

Cloack and Dagger

Black Cat the master thief is both enemy, ally and sometimes lover of spiderman!

Green Goblin alias Norman Osborn found out who spiderman is killed gwen stacy and can be called Peter Parkers greatest Villain!

The New Goblin (dont blame me i couldnt use his comic greengoblin version nor the black suit version from the ultimate spiderman sries and you didnt know any versions of him!)

Venom is the combination of the Symbiote and Eddie Brock Depending on his mood he can be a fiercesome Villain or a somewhat goofy antihero!

Mayhem

Carnage

Hybrid

Dr. Ocktopus is Spider-Mans greatest Villain atleast if the late Stan Lee is to believed!
1635082785360.png

Mysterio

Rhino

Sandman

Electro
1635083036816.png

The Swarm

Kraven the Hunter
1634646648626.png

The Shocker one of spideys weaker and slightly less known villains!
Stages (if i add pictures for the Stages the loadtimes Are gonna be abysmal so yeah no pictures of SPIDAMAN!):
New York City/ Aunt Mays House(Spiderman)
New York City during Rain(Spider-Gwen)
New York city during Night(Spider-Miles)
Oscorp building Office (Green Goblin)
Oscorp Building Lab (Dr Ocktopus)
Bell Tower (Venom)
Artificial Jungle (Kraven)
Oscorp Building Ruins (??? ??????)

Currently none!
Current Job: The last stages and costumes! (dont worry after we finnished The story we will make Dlc!)

Next Job : decide how the first mission of Storymode goes!

My Choice for the first Job:

Spider-Man (616)
(Picture removed to save on loadtimes!)
The OG needs to be in! The first version of spidey debuting in Marvel Amazing Fantasy 15#

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I actually really like the idea of a fighting game based on spiderman. This should be cool, although I feel like it would be a bit much to add four versions of spiderman before the villains and other heroes so maybe we could just add two or three for this job?

Anyways I’ll submit Spider-Man 2099

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Feel like a more general Marvel game would be the better option? I do love Spider-Man though so I'm still up for this

Miles Morales

A more recent edition to the Spider-Man canon but one that absolutely has to be here, having exploded in popularity due to his appearances in video games and a beloved animated film. He has enough unique abilities to be able to stand on his own from other Spider- Men.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I actually really like the idea of a fighting game based on spiderman. This should be cool, although I feel like it would be a bit much to add four versions of spiderman before the villains and other heroes so maybe we could just add two or three for this job?

Anyways I’ll submit Spider-Man 2099
Yeah i guess its 616 and 2 others then atleast for now!
Feel like a more general Marvel game would be the better option? I do love Spider-Man though so I'm still up for this

Miles Morales

A more recent edition to the Spider-Man canon but one that absolutely has to be here, having exploded in popularity due to his appearances in video games and a beloved animated film. He has enough unique abilities to be able to stand on his own from other Spider- Men.
If you are fan of specific version of miles please specify because they are quite diffrent! But i guess PS4 is the best choice for him!

D

Deleted member

Yeah i guess its 616 and 2 others then atleast for now!

If you are fan of specific version of miles please specify because they are quite diffrent! But i guess PS4 is the best choice for him!
Uh I was thinking it would jus the a general version but I guess we go 616?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Uh I was thinking it would jus the a general version but I guess we go 616?
I think Miles 616 doesnt exist isnt the version in 616 the ultimate version?

Also: They still will have costumes of other versions this is mostly there to decide how they interact woith other chars!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Miles 616 doesnt exist isnt the version in 616 the ultimate version?

Also: They still will have costumes of other versions this is mostly there to decide how they interact woith other chars!
Yeah my bad.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I would say in circa 12 hours this phase will end if until then nobody suggests anything Spiderman 2099 and Spider-Miles (ps4) will join the roster!
Just so you can prepare the next "poll" are Spiderman Villans!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I would say in circa 12 hours this phase will end if until then nobody suggests anything Spiderman 2099 and Spider-Miles (ps4) will join the roster!
Just so you can prepare the next "poll" are Spiderman Villans!
So Spider-miles (ps4) and spiderman 2099 join the Roster!
Now everone suggest a Spiderman villain! The 4 Highest rated choices + My choice are added (due to demand this is the last time im doing this!)
Green Goblin (616 norman osborn)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Wait your own submission just automatically gets in? I understand the first time because it was like an autopick but I don't think that's how it should be each time.
Anyways I'll submit Venom. He's a super iconic villain who even gets his own movies now and he's more than popular enough to get in.
Venom (character) - Wikipedia

Oracle Link

Smash Master
This is the last time im doing this! i swear ok!

(asside from one alt per char i added but that applies to everyone)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
So Spider-miles (ps4) and spiderman 2099 join the Roster!
Now everone suggest a Spiderman villain! The 4 Highest rated choices + My choice are added (due to demand this is the last time im doing this!)
Green Goblin (616 norman osborn)
Well, here's my own idea.

The Shocker
Origin: Amazing Spider-Man #46
1634073002241.png

Arguably one of Spidey's lesser-known villains until Homecoming shot him back onto the scene, Shocker is actually quite different to a lot of them in that he's... pretty weak, actually. Even so, that won't stop him here! His primary power lies in the gauntlets he wears - which are able to give off powerful vibrations both at close range, and at long range by shooting a concentrated blast of air with them. I imagine his moveset would mostly rely on street-fight style moves that aren't as powerful as some others, but his specials in the form of his gauntlets are very meaty hits - though with a bit of lag to them to balance it a little.

Despite him not being as well known as members of the Sinister Six and the like, I think that a Spider-Man fighting game could really pull off some cool tricks by using some of our friendly neighbourhood web-head's more unusual villains, and Shocker could be a good person to "lead" these lesser known villains in an actual storyline/arcade mode - whilst all of the more major villains are actually planning to reassemble the Sinister Six again or something.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So considering there will be more opportunitys for villains i will now start the next Job sugesst a Marvel Hero that has Strong ties to spidey!
3 of them will be added to the roster

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Daredevil

Often appears alongside Spider-Man. They sometime fight each others villains, with Daredevil's main villain originally appearing as a Spider-Nan villian.

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Well... here's my concept!
Cloak and Dagger
Origin: The Spectacular Spider-Man #64 (March 1982)
1634139688355.png

An unusual pairing of characters in a single slot, the titular Cloak and Dagger have been allies and enemies to Spider-Man alike - as have a lot of his heroic compatriots. Whilst they're a little more obscure than other notable characters, the pair is interesting due to their sheer potential as a fighter. Having you play as Dagger, with Cloak behind you as "support," Dagger mostly relies on her fast, but weak, projectiles, but the ability of Cloak to teleport the pair around the stage could allow her to fire from, and at, very weird angles. For instance - I can imagine she could fire into Cloak, with the projectile then coming out of Cloak elsewhere on the stage to really give her a lot of ranged control. However, their main weakness is a lack of fighting prowess up close - with quick, but fairly weak, attacks overall.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So im gonna suggest:
Reed Richards alias Mr. Fantastic who was alongside the rest of the fantastic 4 the first heroes Spidey interacted with!

Also Tommorow (for me) will this phase end!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
My Submittion:
Gwen Stacy

Gwen Stacy is female version of Spiderman she appeared in Spiderman: Into Spiderverse. She could be in the Fighting Game since we need Female character rep in this Game.
Good choice but where are still with spidey related chars from other marvel franchises! I can add your suggestion tho when we do more spider people!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Sry for being late so all our choices get to be in good now for something more unique 1. Everyone can add 1 costume For each character he added! (There non superhero looks are automatically in)
2. Everyone can suggest one costume For a Character of his liking!
My Automatic choices are:
1634408073132.png
Spideys Iconic Black Suit!
äThe weird but iconic Sentai style suit from the first spiderman movie!
I dont know the fantastic four so good so ill add the Future foundation suit!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Sry for being late so all our choices get to be in good now for something more unique 1. Everyone can add 1 costume For each character he added! (There non superhero looks are automatically in)
2. Everyone can suggest one costume For a Character of his liking!
My Automatic choices are:
Spider-Man 2099 - Modern Suit
1634409315804.png

Based on his appearance in more modern comics, this specific costume was designed by Peter for Miguel, being much more high-tech than his original costume. In terms of difference in modelling, the only notable difference is the lack of a cape.

Shocker - The Looter/Meteor Man

1634409743906.png

My idea for Shocker is that he could act as a representative for more... obscure Spidey villains as a whole, and given nobody's clamouring for this guy to be playable, it makes sense to include his costume in this. Bear in mind, the costume itself is purely cosmetic.

Attachments

Oracle Link

Smash Master
In some hours this job will end! The next job is The sinister six (or to be more spcific the 5 other members of the team cus we alraedy have doc ock!
Ah yeah and i will ad one costume to each char who didnt get one!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So now the next job but first the costumes:
Miles spraypaint look from into the spiderverse!
Mostly in beacuse his appearnce in no way home!
Riot is in because his appearnce in the venom movie
I have no idea what dare devils or cloack vand daggers costumes could be?
So now Next Job: The Other 5 Members of the Sinister Six!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
For Daredevil, may I suggest his classic yellow outfit?

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Just to clarify - is this job "Suggest the other 5 members of the Sinister Six", or is this moreso a matter of "The Sinister Six are being added, give your suggestions as to how they'd play?"

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Just to clarify - is this job "Suggest the other 5 members of the Sinister Six", or is this moreso a matter of "The Sinister Six are being added, give your suggestions as to how they'd play?"
Its the former because there are difrent members of the sinister six depending where you look! for example Shocker is a part of them in spectacular spiderman while mr negative is in Ps4 but if you want to suggest a specific version of lets say sand man you can do that!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Its the former because there are difrent members of the sinister six depending where you look! for example Shocker is a part of them in spectacular spiderman while mr negative is in Ps4 but if you want to suggest a specific version of lets say sand man you can do that!
Ah, okie! Well, then... allow me to suggest a theoretical member of this Sinister Six.

Character Name: The Rhino
Character Origin: The Amazing Spider-Man #41 (1966)

1634662603428.png

The Rhino is my submission here for a simple reason - his moveset. A Spider-Man game could quite easily fall into the trap of becoming very much a "battle between ninjas" in a sense - with a lot of characters having the same "weak but fast/evasive" sort of moveset. Rhino, on the other hand, is the opposite.

As with his namesake, Rhino is strong. Like, ridiculously strong. Despite this, however, as well as his massive size - he's notable in that his moves likely have barely any start-lag for characters of his archetype, though do have a lot of end-lag. Despite being big, and heavy, this beast surely isn't slow in the slightest - this makes him a constant threat even across the screen, because I can imagine his dash attack covering a lot of ground for example.

However, his significant end-lag and lack of projectiles means that he actually doesn't have much power against zoners - though he's able to annihilate rushdown characters with ease by getting a single grab in there.

Whilst Rhino isn't a "founding member" of the Sinister Six, he might as well be. Having featured in multiple lineups, and being relevant even to this day (Me and the Boys, anyone?), he seems like a logical, if slightly less well-known, pick.

(you have no idea how much restraint i had to have to not submit the trapster)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Before i forget of course if a iconic member of the sinister six wont be added in this job he can stil get in he just wouldnt be a member of the sinister six in the story mode!
i would suggest the sandman he is one of spideys most iconic villains with him appearing in spiderman 3 and probably no way home!
Thought using Sandmans lego figure here would be funny!
Edit and also to avoid redundancy when you suggest a chracter you can give him one alt!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So in arround 12 hours the new job will beginn!
So i will allow everyone who added a char to add another one!
in my Case its:
Electro (Spectacular) he seems to be one of the most loved versions of electro!
his alt would be Electro 2.0 from Ultimate spiderman:
but i may add the Normal version of electro too! but not now

Also you can look up the next job and current job on my first post!

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Character Name: Swarm
Character Origin: Champions #17 (1977)
1634835699821.png

Swarm is a Nazi scientist who implanted his consciousness into a swarm of mutated killer bees, which now surround his skeleton at all times which is kept animated by the bees in question. Need I say more.

Okay, I will - I suggest him, actually, for a variety of reasons. He's actually the leader of his own Sinister Six team, the Hateful Hexad (which was made up competely of small-time villains.) Even so, though - he's not exactly easy to handle. When you consider the competition, you have to bear in mind the sheer danger of not only facing against Swarm in physical combat, but also the fact that - as a decorated scientist - he's also exceptionally intelligent. Aside from this, I think it would be a good move to have a more obscure character as a member of this team. Whilst I could suggest someone like Chameleon or Kraven, I feel Swarm actually has tons more moveset potential - being able to "reshape" his body pretty much completely at will, and being a very evasive character.

Plus... he's weird. Very weird. And I love weird.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Character Name: Swarm
Character Origin: Champions #17 (1977)
View attachment 335183

Swarm is a Nazi scientist who implanted his consciousness into a swarm of mutated killer bees, which now surround his skeleton at all times which is kept animated by the bees in question. Need I say more.

Okay, I will - I suggest him, actually, for a variety of reasons. He's actually the leader of his own Sinister Six team, the Hateful Hexad (which was made up competely of small-time villains.) Even so, though - he's not exactly easy to handle. When you consider the competition, you have to bear in mind the sheer danger of not only facing against Swarm in physical combat, but also the fact that - as a decorated scientist - he's also exceptionally intelligent. Aside from this, I think it would be a good move to have a more obscure character as a member of this team. Whilst I could suggest someone like Chameleon or Kraven, I feel Swarm actually has tons more moveset potential - being able to "reshape" his body pretty much completely at will, and being a very evasive character.

Plus... he's weird. Very weird. And I love weird.
ok but first a question was he a member of the original sinister six at any point? if not he can be just a regular villain in th game!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I had a idea for a compromise! The game starts out with swarm being part of the sinister six but due to him being a nazi The group starts getting into conflict ending with kraven being added to replace swarm! that means the 6 added Characters for the sinister six are:
Electro (spectacular)
Rhino
Sandman
Mysterio
The swarm (Is in the sinister six in the beginning of the Game)
Kraven the hunter (Is in the sinister six in the back half of the Game)

Now for the next Job Add 2 female spiderman characters! (can be extended to include more characters)

Spider gwen was already submitted! by Tankman from Newgrounds

Ill suggest:

Black cat

You might have noticed that i avoided Polls like the Plaque which can be explained thanks to me only being able to do one poll!

Top Bottom