• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash Super Smash Bros Reloaded (An SSB64 where there was more resources and development time)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Mushroom Kingdom 6
Rainbow Road 13
Princess Peach’s Castle 9
Mario Bros 8

Rainbow Road is our second Mario stage.

Job 16: Submit a character who’s from a franchise on the roster, excluding Super Mario. Eligible characters can be from Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Yoshi, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, Mother, Pokemon, and Banjo-Kazooie.

For this one, I’ll go with Zelda since she is the deuteragonist of her series, and she’d be an fun oddball pick given that she doesn’t have many combat skills. I’ll give Ganon and Diddy honorable mentions though

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Zelda 7
Wartortle 3
Meowth 8
Diddy 15
King Dedede 7
Mewtwo 8

Diddy is our next fighter.

Job 17: Add a new item, and describe how it would work.

I’ll renominate the Super Mushroom, which works like it does in other games.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Suporma/Super Orange Machine (EarthBound)
Portrayed as an orange trash can with an atomic symbol, it will, when picked up by a player, stop the music to play a short segment of "Joy to the World" - then explode. The explosion does no damage or knockback - but can leave a tiny dash of soot on anyone nearby. This doesn't leave the user vulnerable, it is an extremely rare "joke" item.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:

Mushroom 5
Suporma 3
Mr. Saturn 7

Mr. Saturn is our next item.

Job 18: Submit a pokemon for the pokeball item.
137Porygon RB.png
For this one, I’ll go with Porygon, which would work like Porygon 2 in Melee.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Job 18:
Rhydon
View attachment 352135
When summoned via Pokeball, he would use Stone Edge, which he stabs a foe with rock edge (He would stomp on the ground and he would erect a stone pillar that stabs opponents).
It’s a good idea, but the main issue is that Stone Edge was introduced in generation 4, and we’re limited to generation 1 moves.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll keep the job open until tomorrow, so people can make submissions.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll, Rhydon becomes our next pokemon.
Also, since stamina is the only nomination for multiplyer modes, it gets added by default

Job 20: Submit a character from a series not present yet, and describe why you think that they would be a good fit.

1629241234916.png

I’ll nominate Marth as Fire Emblem was relevant at the time, and he is the one with the most games and a short lived anime,

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 20:Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)

Sukapon is the main character from Joy Mech Fight, a fighting game made before the Smash, Sukapon is a comedian robot that was reprogrammed for fight.

AlRex

Smash Lord
If I am allowed to go with Rare, I'd actually put Fulgore (Killer Instinct) in as my nomination.
Re-nominating this guy.
1652500630735.png

Killer Instinct was the most prominent other fighting game on Nintendo around this time, and Fulgore basically ended up being the series' signature character. A cyborg super-soldier with plasma claws, laser eyes, explosives, and a head that can turn into a gun. Plus he'd be very heavily combo-oriented, but also perhaps use the Combo Breaker, complete with the voice clip.

Gonna renominate Pit, because he would be Retro Rep for Smash 64.
Job 10:
Pit (Kid Icarus)

Pit is main character from Kid Icarus as you know and he is Angel of skyworld, who is Palutena's bodyguard. He is also heroic angel, who fights the evil of Greece, like Medusa, who is Palutena's evil sister. He is Nintendo's retro character and he could join delayed SSB64 AU without issues.

He could act like in real Brawl, which he could use his bow as neutral special and Wings of Icarus as up B. His design is based on Melee trophy design, but with Smash 64-styled graphics instead.
Overall, he could have same Brawl stats, but in SSB version and he won't have a voice actor in the AU SSB due to being mute retro character.
His stage could be Skyworld from Brawl, but with SSB 64 graphics.

I nominate Pit from Kid Icarus NES, because he could be another Retro rep in the game originating from NES/Famicom. He could be also another character, who is obscure, but he could have interesting Moveset potential like in real Smash bros games. He also was rebooted by Sakurai, so it could make more sense to include Pit in AU SSB.
Keep in mind that there was rumor that Sakurai planned Pit to appear in OG Smash bros during the development.

Top Bottom