• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash Super Smash Bros Reloaded (An SSB64 where there was more resources and development time)

Pupp135

Smash Lord

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the previous poll, unira is our first new item.

Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Haunter
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Doduo

Vote for the one that you prefer from the poll below.

Job 13: Submit a clonelike character and mention who it’s base character would be.

For this one, I’ll go with Jigglypuff as a Kirby semi-clone. Even if Mewtwo and Meowth were larger names, Jigglypuff was still pretty relevant at the time, and I find it a clever way to add a new character by reusing Kirby’s assets.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Job 13:
Meowth

One of most popular Gen 1 pokemon and he became popular because of anime adaptation.

Well, he could be Pikachu's semi-clone, because of the same frame and hitbox. Some of his attacks would be similar to Pikachu, but they would be faster.
Anatomy wise, Mario actually fits much better for Meowth than Pikachu. If you're thinking of reusing assets from the skeleton at least.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I'm not sure about that. I think Meowth would work better as Pikachu clone.

But good idea.
I'm saying this because for my PM moveset mod I've tried using Pikachu's animations for some misc stuff before, and it became apparent Pikachu's stubby arms (and placement of the arms), legs, etc were just too different from Meowth's to be reusable, while someone like Mario and Ness with more human like placements of arms and legs kept them in tact.

Tbf you could probably do a Ness case where he kind of takes aspects of several chars tho, but has Mario's skeletal based structure.
Fox might work too, though more unsure on that than Mario because of less similar height proportions.

Last edited:
I'm saying this because for my PM moveset mod I've tried using Pikachu's animations for some misc stuff before, and it became apparent Pikachu's stubby arms (and placement of the arms), legs, etc were just too different from Meowth's to be reusable, while someone like Mario and Ness with more human like placements of arms and legs kept them in tact.

Tbf you could probably do a Ness case where he kind of takes aspects of several chars tho, but has Mario's skeletal based structure.
Fox might work too, though more unsure on that than Mario because of less similar height proportions.

Listen, I know you're saying true, but I don't think Mario fits for him. Meowth is not tall like Mario, but you have a point with skeletal based structure.
Maybe I'll swap my submission for Clefairy as Pikachu clone (I don't know, I need to decide to keep Meowth or swap out for Clefairy).

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Listen, I know you're saying true, but I don't think Mario fits for him. Meowth is not tall like Mario, but you have a point with skeletal based structure.
Maybe I'll swap my submission for Clefairy as Pikachu clone (I don't know, I need to decide to keep Meowth or swap out for Clefairy).
Tbf Mario himself is still fairly short, tho getting around leg clipping can be annoying since the old Meowth had really short legs unlike Mario. Really tho, that's fair, the point really just sparked my interest cause it reminded me of my own shenanigans in finding out Pikachu didn't fit Meowth's body type. :052: Personally I think it could fit since a lot of Mario's moves are just standard kicks and punches (which Meowth's done a lot of), but I could see why others would find that too basic.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:
Jigglypuff 11
Meowth 2
Excitebike Rider 7
Muddy Mole 10
Luigi 24
Luigi is our first clone.

Job 14: Submit a new single player mode, and describe how it would work.

For this one, I’ll go with Melee’s All-Star mode, except the last battle is randomized.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
All Star 4
Classic Mode 3
Multi-Man/Mob Smash 5

Multi-Man/Mob Smash is a new single player gamemode.

Job 15: Submit a stage for the Mario franchise.

I’ll go with Mushroom Kingdom, which would be a cross between the original and Melee’s. The center is more like Melee’s, but there are pipes that players can go through.

Last edited:
Top Bottom