• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash Super Smash Bros Reloaded (An SSB64 where there was more resources and development time)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon won the poll, so he’ll join the roster.

The two stages nominated are Onett ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and me) and Magicant ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ), and this poll will be used to determine our Mother stage.

Before adding the F-Zero stage next, we’ll focus on items and pokemon for the next jobs.

Job 6: List which items should remain in this alternate SSB64. Below were all of the items in the original game.

Barrel
Beam Sword
Bob-Omb
Bumper
Capsule
Crate
Fan
Fire Flower
Green Shell
Hammer
Heart Container
Home-Run Bat
Maxim Tomato
Motion Senor-Bomb
Pokeball
Ray Gun
Red Shell
Star Rod
Super Star

I’m fine with keeping all items

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll, Onett is our Mother stage.
Additionally, most people want to keep all items, so all items will stay.

Job 7: List which pokeball pokemon should stay as pokeball pokemon.
Beedrill
Blastoise
Chansey
Charizard
Clefairy
Goldeen
Hitmonlee
Koffing
Meowth
Mew
Onix
Snorlax
Starmie

For this one, I’ll say keep all except for Goldeen and Meowth because Magikarp feels more appropriate for the former‘s role, and I don’t want to disconfirm Meowth yet.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the 5 votes, Goldeen had 3 votes against its inclusion, Meowth and Charizard had 4 votes against its inclusion, and Blastoise had 2 votes against its conclusion. For the moment, Goldeen, Meowth, and Charizard will be left of the pokeball list.

Also, there will be poll asking if Magikarp should take Goldeen’s original spot.

Job 8: Nominate an F-Zero stage and describe its layout.
SSB4 Mute City.JPG
I’ll go with the 3DS version of Mute City.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll keep this F-Zero stage job up until tomorrow morning for any additional submissions.
After this job, we’ll go to deciding on roster size and stage size.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll leave the poll up, and here is Job 9

Job 9: Submit a limit to the roster and stage selection sizes.

As this is the first entry, and melee had 20 fighters preclones, I’ll go with 16 for characters.
For stages, I’ll submit 18 because we also have the bonus stages.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Is this for all the characters pre-clones in general, or the amount of characters we can add to the preexisting roster? I would say in total, 25 regular characters and a few clones, in total, sounds good. But I'm unsure of how that counts here.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Is this for all the characters pre-clones in general, or the amount of characters we can add to the preexisting roster? I would say in total, 25 regular characters and a few clones, in total, sounds good. But I'm unsure of how that counts here.
Altogether, including clones

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 16
AlRex AlRex 28ish
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 22

I’ll use a poll for us to decide on the number of characters that will be our roster.
Job 10: Submit a character and why they would be a good fit for the roster.
1629241234916.png

Instead of Bowser, I’ll nominate Marth as Fire Emblem was relevant at the time, and he is the one with the most games and a short lived anime,

Job 10:
Pit (Kid Icarus)

Pit is main character from Kid Icarus as you know and he is Angel of skyworld, who is Palutena's bodyguard. He is also heroic angel, who fights the evil of Greece, like Medusa, who is Palutena's evil sister. He is Nintendo's retro character and he could join delayed SSB64 AU without issues.

He could act like in real Brawl, which he could use his bow as neutral special and Wings of Icarus as up B. His design is based on Melee trophy design, but with Smash 64-styled graphics instead.
Overall, he could have same Brawl stats, but in SSB version and he won't have a voice actor in the AU SSB due to being mute retro character.
His stage could be Skyworld from Brawl, but with SSB 64 graphics.

I nominate Pit from Kid Icarus NES, because he could be another Retro rep in the game originating from NES/Famicom. He could be also another character, who is obscure, but he could have interesting Moveset potential like in real Smash bros games. He also was rebooted by Sakurai, so it could make more sense to include Pit in AU SSB.
Keep in mind that there was rumor that Sakurai planned Pit to appear in OG Smash bros during the development.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Zelda

Zelda is a big series who along with Mario & Pokemon seem like they should have multiple reps & the series namesake would give us that & increase roster diversity being our 2nd/3rd (depending on how you count Banjo & Kazooie) female rep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sukapon2.png

Sukapon
Might seem like a bit of a random pull but I think throwing in a character from a Nintendo fighting game makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Fulgore7.png

Rare-developed, and the biggest Nintendo fighting game of the time [granted, its competition was Urban Champion and a Japan-exclusive released late into the NES/Famicom's lifespan], Killer Instinct is famous for being combo-heavy, as well as having the famous "C-C-C-Combo Breaker". Fulgore seems to have become the series' signature character. I could've picked Jago, but he's fairly basic, and I could've picked Orchid, and while I do like her tonfas, and the ability to turn into an energized cat while running, she does look like how she looks at this time...so Fulgore it is. He's a cybernetic soldier outfitted with plasma claws, eye lasers, cloaking, barriers, teleportation, energy blasts, guns, explosives...he has a lot. I think this'd be an interesting opportunity, in this alternate timeline.

Pupp135

Smash Lord

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Marth 11
Pit 2
Zelda 2
Sukapon
Bowser 13
Duck Hunt Dog 4
Mewtwo 2
King Dedede 6
Fulgore 1
Diddy Kong 7

Bowser is our first antagonist added.

Job 11: Submit an item and describe how it works.

I’ll go with the super mushroom, and it works like it does in other games.

Top Bottom