• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: SEGA Superstars World Cup (Current Jobs: Amigo/Sakura/Chomp/Knuckles/Nei/Elenor movesets and collectables!)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Whoops! I forgot to update the title!

Welp, no point now because the whistle HAS BEEN BLOWN ON TODAY'S VOTING!

The results are in!
  • Snail Maze: 13
  • Ghost House: 9
  • The Graveyard: 6
  • Zaxxon: 14
  • Toy Factory: 8
SUPER CLOSE. A single point was all that was in it, but it appears our latest stadium is Zaxxon! Congratulations to Speed Weed Speed Weed for his successful stadium submission.

---------------------

Job #20: Princess Kurumi's moveset is still in play!

She has 24 hours remaining before she appears with Tails on the unlockable substitute bench. Get those movesets in!

---------------------

Job #21: Submit a SEGA Heroine
I know everyone was assuming Mega Drive/Genesis players were going to be the next character job, but let's shake it up slightly before that!

It's International Women's Day, and I think it's important to celebrate however we can.
As a result for this job I want everyone to submit their favourite female SEGA characters to join Chie and Kurumi on the field.

Remember, it's your personal favourite female SEGA character.

Do you like Cream the Rabbit more than Amy Rose but worried Amy is the more obvious female pick? Whatcha waiting for? Submit Cream!
You love Gum but we currently don't have Beat? Unimportant! Put Gum forward! Beat will get his chance another day!
Your favourite female character is super obscure? Do a write up about them and get us interested in them too!

If you couldn't tell by the examples above there are absolutely no series limits for this one, so feel free to submit girls from Sonic, Persona, Super Monkey Ball, etc if they're your favourite, or female characters from games currently missing their male leads. We can always swing back and grab the boys later!

You have 24 hours to get your best gals submitted folks!

Seeya again tomorrow!

Heroine Character:
Original was made by Speed Weed Speed Weed .
Job #3: Nei from Phantasy Star II
View attachment 345367
I'm also submitting the absolute legend, Nei, the female lead of Phantasy Star II and one of popular PS characters of all time.
She is extremely based and she has a fun design for just about anything. Put her in the fighting game and the racing game and the sports game and the party game and other SEGA games that could exist.
Also, she could have some potential in this Football crossover game.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 21: Elizabeth (Persona 3)

1646776220388.png

You asked me to submit my favorite Sega girl, and while I know Elizabeth has no chance of getting in quite yet (and for good reason!) thanks to Chie, I would be remiss if I didn't submit her. She's legitimately one of my favorite characters in all of media. For real!

I actually nearly submitted the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable, because the relationship with her and Elizabeth in P3P is part of what makes Liz such an amazing character to me. But in the end I had to go with the character I actually have an action figure of. Look, she's a champion!

1646776833656.png

I love Elizabeth because of her outward personality and her excellent character arc. She's an otherworldly figure from the subconscious dimension, the Velvet Room. She's originally created to be the player character's "assistant" in that world - helping you summon new Personas, gives you quests, etc. Eventually she starts asking you to show her the human world, and it's where you really start to see her personality develop. She's curious and whimsical, utterly enthralled by the joys of humanity. She learns to love street food, understand why humans throw coins into fountains for wishes and luck, and falls in love with clubs and dancing. The player character shows her how much fun it is to live, and by the end of the game Elizabeth uses that knowledge and realizes she wants to set out on her own, not just as a servant of the Velvet Room.

Without delving into spoilers, Elizabeth continues to appear in other games in the series, still as curious and humorous as ever, but on a mission tinged with determination and melancholy. I just think the deft balance between her omnipresent and omniscient spiritual side and her curious and just-a-little-bit-mischievous side is magnificent, and when there's that additional layer of her sense of self, purpose, and the grief and tragedy she holds in her heart by the end it just makes for a magnificently resonant character I love.

Now, as a player, she would be having the time of her life. Her energy would be unmatched! Her grace would be unreal! She may not understand the rules of this strange game of Foot Ball, but by god will she give 100%!

And again, I know that another Atlus character is overkill right now! But you asked for my favorite, so here she is!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bayonetta
A bit of a common pick for Sega fan rosters, but it just makes sense, a fast paced action character for this football game, plus our roster needs more modern picks. Bayo could use her witch abilities for Special moves. Using the Bayo 1 design since that's the one sega had the most hand in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Heroine Character:
Original was made by Speed Weed Speed Weed .
View attachment 345367
I'm also submitting the absolute legend, Nei, the female lead of Phantasy Star II and one of popular PS characters of all time.
She is extremely based and she has a fun design for just about anything. Put her in the fighting game and the racing game and the sports game and the party game and other SEGA games that could exist.
Also, she could have some potential in this Football crossover game.
While our sub-forum rules have yet to be fully fleshed out and-solidified; copy and pasting previous submissions made by others than yourself will no longer be allowed. This includes copy and pasting from other sites if it constitutes most of your original submission. Using content from other sites as a basis for an idea is permissible but out right copy and pasting won’t be allowed. Copy and pasting someone’s previous submission will not longer be allowed for all creation threads UNLESS that user gives permission to have that submission be used by someone else. That being said, this submission is technically ineligible.

Even though this isn’t in our creation subforum yet, it eventually will be once the appropriate mod (I’m unable to) gets to it.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
the country where the pretty girls are from
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
The Sega franchises I favor tend to lack female characters. Ristar, Ecco the Dolphin, Bonanza Bros…and Flicky’s already spoken for. So I guess it’s time for a Sonic character. And wouldn’t you know it, my favorite Sonic character happens to be a girl!

Amy Rose
1646813279448.png

In a realistic scenario, I think Amy would be a lock for this game. Serving as one of the Sonic franchise’s oldest recurring characters, even debuting before Knuckles, Amy is a very iconic and deserving choice. As a Sonic character, it will make sense for her to be a faster character, and she can attack with her Piko Hammer to send rivals (or perhaps even the ball) flying!

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I think Persona is already well repped with Chie, but you did ask for my favorite Sega girl and I’m not gonna pass an opportunity to gush about My Favorite Fictional Character Of All Time, so anyway here’s me talking about how much I love this toaster.

Job #21: Aigis (Persona)

4DE0492E-5064-4D88-B991-0B23E4538244.png

Aigis is a major party member from Persona 3. She is one of the last remaining anti-shadow weapons, a series of androids designed by the Kirijo group for the sole purpose of destroying shadows. She joins your party about a little less than halfway through the game, but boy does she leave an impact.

A huge reason why Aigis resonates with me so much is that I love media that focuses on robot characters and their relationship with humanity. There’s so many interesting directions that you can take the premise of “robot discovers what it’s like to be human” and Aigis’ story in P3 has one of the most compelling versions of that trope to me. When Aigis first joins your party, she doesn’t emote much and doesn’t have any ambitions outside of serving SEES and the protagonist. As the story progresses, she starts to grow closer to her comrades and begins to care deeply about them. She also begins to show more interest in humanity, wishing to live a life similar to that of her peers. Watching her development unfold is such a delight and not to go too deep into spoilers, but if it weren’t for Aigis’ arc the ending of P3 would not have hit anywhere near as hard. Also she’s just the perfect mix of adorable and deadly. She might not understand human social cues, but she’s more than capable of completely obliterating you with the entire arsenal of firearms that she has built into her body. Some might argue that’s overkill for a game of football, but Aigis doesn’t understand the meaning of overkill and will pull out all the stops to bring her team to victory.

So yeah, Aigis is pretty based. I’m cool with Chie being our sole Persona rep and Aigis being in Battle of Ages is enough to satisfy me, but I’m not gonna complain if my Top 1 Persona character gets to score some goals. I mean look at her, she’s already got the team spirit!

FFF637D4-2597-405F-A5F7-3BEFB4F67ECA.jpeg

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #21: New Female/Heroine Character - Mary (Quartet)

A original post was submitted by Speed Weed Speed Weed (at least I credited him with a quoted post, which I guess is a different case rather than straightly copy-pasting).

Quartet was an arcade game released by SEGA for their System 16 board in 1986. The game was a multiplayer run-and-gun that followed a group of 4 interstellar warriors - Joe, Lee, Edgar and our girl Mary - who have to clear out the space colony Zero-6 of the space pirates that have invaded it and retrieve the late Princess Cynthia's casket. The game's most notable feature was its 4-player co-op gameplay, which was heavily advertised and one of the most notable aspects of the game. Now then, this game does tend to be hailed as one of SEGA's many arcade classics from the 80s - not to the level of something like OutRun or Space Harrier, but certainly a pretty noteworthy game that has earned its place in the annals of SEGA history. It's one of the many games that SEGA often go back to when they feel like referencing some old ****, especially with regards to its soundtrack, which is rather prominent in both other SEGA games like 1991's Spider-Man: The Video Game, maimai, Groove Coaster Zero and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone, and even various albums they've released (Quartet Theme and FM Funk being the two big iconic tracks in particular). I'd say it's definitely worthy of some representation in a SEGA crossover.

Now then, this game also got a Master System port, which makes it eligible for this job. Not only that, but I feel like the Master System version is surprisingly close in general noteworthiness to the OG arcade version - it's definitely up there with Fantasy Zone in terms of 80s SEGA arcade games where it feels like their MS ports are weirdly famous as well. This may have something to do with how in this version, the number of playable characters was slashed off into just 2 - Mary and Edgar. They're the 2 coolest characters anyway, so it coulda been worse! I decided to pick Mary cause she feels like the most iconic of the 4 to me - being one of the two that made it to the MS port alive, and being the member of the group that always appears in other things. I also think she could be really fun in a game like this - imagine her using her jetpack to score some goals!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #21: Ulala (Space Channel 5)

A common face to see in SEGA crossovers despite the modest size of her franchise and it's not hard to see why.

I love rhythm games and while Space Channel 5 is a rather simple game, it has some excellent presentation thanks to its lead character. Ulala has a terrific design and is incredibly well animated. I love how her reporter role frames her games entirely as one of her TV shows, with an amazingly campy retro-futuristic aesthetic. There are simply not many games or heroines like her.

Ulala is confident, hammy, and manages to take all the ridiculous situations she finds herself in with stride, always finding a way to prove herself and help those in need. She has an effortless, professional charisma and some hidden depths that add a lot to how you see her various relationships with the plethora of rivals she keeps befriending with.

Also, you just know she would jump at the chance to report the scoop that is the biggest World Cup in the universe on-field.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 21: Leanne (Resonance of Fate)

I'm not going to pretend I know a lot about SEGA, which I don't. I've been following along this thread, Battle of AGES, and hell even my own PXZ thread to deepen my understanding. But of the SEGA games I have played, Leanne is one of my favorite SEGA heroines.

The game opens up with a punch in your face, Leanne being rescued by Zephyr in the most whimsically fairy tale romance way I've ever seen. Throughout the game, Leanne serves as an excellent comedic counterpart to her companions as well as delves into her own backstory. She grows as a character from the introduction to the end, which is always great to see. Also, I just really love the sheer rage that her Japanese voice actress brings and the sass her English voice actress conveys. Awesome.

Anyways, in a soccer game, I'd see Leanne as quick with a lot of air mobility, as a reference to Resonance of Fate's gameplay style. Perhaps references to the Tri-Attacks make her a more technical character? The gameplay of her origin is really unorthodox compared to other JRPGs I've played but I really think it would translate well to a sports game, especially in a game like soccer.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Resubmitting Nei. She is cool and I like her :)
View attachment 345367
I'm also submitting the absolute legend, Nei, the female lead of Phantasy Star II. She is extremely based and she has a fun design for just about anything. Put her in the fighting game and the racing game and the sports game and the party game and-

Since Speed's Nei wasn't accepted (I shouldn't copy for God's sake), I went with something that nobody considered it before....

Heroine character:
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)

I know no one submitted her before, but you know what? I'm submitting her.

Arle Nadja is main character of Puyo Puyo series. She is a girl that has a pet named Carbuncle and she fights opponents by dropping Puyos down and connect it to defeat her foes like Dark Prince (Satan).
She debuted first in Madou Monotagari and later reappeared in today's Puyo Puyo.
Her series are popular and she could be another second party character in the Roster.

Her abilities in the game would be interesting, because she could use her Goalkeep move to block the Ally Team's goal with wall made of Puyo Puyos (That's insane, RIGHT???) and one of her moves could reference Carbuncle at least.

I nominate her because she is one of popular Sega characters and her addition would sound cool. Nuff said today.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #21: Female character - Aika (Thompson)
Aika-First-For-Figure-render.png

I ummed and erred a lot on this because my actual favourite Sega female was Princess Kurumi, but she's already in. However, there were plenty of contenders for the second spot, some of which were already nominated(hey Blaze Fielding!) and after much deliberation I've decided to nominate Aika.

Despite our lack of Vyse at current, I'm nominating Aika who is one of the spunkiest female characters in Sega's library.
Imagining all the options I had lined up, Aika stood out as the clear 'I can actually see this girl playing football' winner. That and she and Alicia Melchiott(who was my other pick) were my joint favourite female units in Valkyria Chronicles by a long shot and that game is incredibly fresh in my mind still. Plus she's the only main character in Skies of Arcadia not to make it into some kind of battlefield role in Battle of Ages, and frankly I can't let that stand.

Aika's naturally a very fast individual both in Skies of Arcadia and Valkyria Chronicles, so she's going to be sprinting up the field and using her various boomerang based magic abilities as part of her kit should she make the cut.

------------------------------

Four hours remain on both this job and Princess Kurumi's moveset.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
And that's time folks!

Job #21:
Let's look at our lovely lineup of legendary ladies! I'm unfrotunately haven't intermittent internet at current, so some of the tags may be broken. Apologies for the technical issues folks!
  • Flicky is here to prove that even the smallest player can win big on the pitch! Submitted by her manager and bird house architect, Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Elizabeth is here and full of enthusiasm which we love to see! She may end up accidentally picking up the ball once or twice, but I'm sure her manager and human world guide, Flyboy Flyboy can explain it to her. Hopefully quickly.
  • Bayonetta definitely has an advantage on the pitch with her long legs, expect her to punish all who oppose her on the field. Submitted by her manager and hair stylist, @Darkonedagger
  • Blaze Fielding is investigating the Sega Superstars World Cup management team and making sure we're not on the Syndicate's pay roll. I can assure you, we're not. But with her kicking experience she'll make a fine player if we can convince her to take some time out from beating thugs unconcious with them. Submitted by her manager and tip off, Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
  • Amy Rose, is here to prove her ability to hammer isn't only limited to robots, but also footballs too. She's a surprising power house, and her speed has been growing over the years from chasing after her hero, Sonic. Submitted by her manager and gym trainer(hey, that hammer weighs a lot!) Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
  • Aigis may have misunderstood the meaning of "shooting the ball", but she's here, raring to go and full of team spirit...and deadly deadly weaponry. Should be interesting! Submitted by her manager and phrase explainer, OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
  • Mary is taking some time off from saving crystalised princesses to explore other team based career options. She may look dainty, but Mary packs a bazooka meaning she's also no slouch in the power department! Submitted by her manager and mayor of Zero-6, tonygameman tonygameman
  • Ulala reporting in! Whilst she's more used to interviewing players than being one, Ulala's here to boost the ratings of the SEGA Superstars World Cup! Submitted by her manager and the real CEO of Space Channel 5, osby osby
  • Leanne hasn't had the easiest life but she's making the most of what each day brings her now and meeting more and more interesting people...and they don't come much more interesting than the bizarre players we have! Submitted by her manager and personal gunsmith airConditioner airConditioner
  • Nei has come all the way from Motavia to prove what exactly a numan can do on the field with her speed and agile footwork. Rolf is probably very proud of her...or worried sick about her. Submitted by her manager and the kindly weapons shop owner who gave her Myau's legendary weapon, Speed Weed Speed Weed
  • Arle Nadja is a powerful mage and she's about to work her magic on the football field too! Whilst she's more used to beating Puyo than a football with her feet, this famous mage is sure her skills will translate here too! Submitted by her manager and Carbuncle onesie creator Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Aika Thompson is a fiesty pirate of the Blue Rogues. No stranger to danger, Aika is about to pull off her greatest pirate raid yet; plundering the tournament cups! She just needs a team to pull it off...submitted by her manager and hairspray supplier, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • Sakura Shinguji is here to break hearts, destroy demons and showcase why kobu are so flipping cool. Hopefully she doesn't trip over the ball whilst she's playing...submitted by her manager and acting coach cashregister9 cashregister9
WOW. Okay, that's a lot of ladies!

Because we have so (frankly brilliant) options, I'm allowing you to vote for your TOP 5. Your own one can be no higher than 3rd for this. You all have 24 hours to get those votes in!

-----------------
Job #20:
Due to no movesets submitted within 48 hours, Princess Kurumi has been placed on the substitution bench alongside Tails meaning she too is an unlockable character and will not be a part of the starting line up.

She'll get her moveset sometime soon, but for now let's move on to today's oddball task!

------------------------
Job #22: Submit a special ball

Yes, you heard me.

We're going to have different ball options as a customization option for this game. I want you to come up with some different types of balls to give some variety to the ways to plau. We'll have our standard Football/Soccer ball of course, but maybe you have an idea for a little SEGA flavour for the focus of our game?

Feel free to submit something (or SOMEONE) as a ball option...although do note that anyone who is a ball may be off the roster as a playable character so avoid any big names or characters you want as players. Remember to tell us what's unique about the ball and if it has any unique effects!

You have 24 hours to get a ball option in! Yes this is the weirdest job yet. I did say it was an oddball task.

See you tomorrow folks!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
JOB 22: Submit a special ball:
I don't have a idea for this submission but...wait a minute... Idea...Ideaya ...I got it!
My submission will be the Ideayas from the NiGHTS franchise mainly because they have the same gimmick

And Also Voting:
  1. Arle Nadja
  2. Bayonetta
  3. Blaze Fielding
  4. Aigis
  5. Ulala

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Aika
2. Eizabeth
3. BIRD

Special ball: Mean Beans
DFC303A5-EA96-4661-B403-EF1A5E35BB6E.jpeg

Not Puyos, but Mean Beans. You can tell from their noses and little arms - though they are a bit less humanoid than their box art counterparts. They slowly grow smaller as you kick and leave a slowing trail of juice. Once they disintegrate they'll become a REALLY big robot ball, though it's rare you'll come across this form as they reset every time they get in a goal and shrink very slow.

D

Deleted member

1. Ulala
2. Sakura
3. Arle
4. Bayo
5. Aigis

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #21 votes:
  1. Blaze Fielding
  2. Flicky
  3. Aika
  4. Mary
  5. Nei
Job #22: Special Ball - Mighty Ball

Mighty-Ball.png

It's Mighty the Armadillo. Sonic characters are known for being able to turn into a ball like shape, but Mighty might be the only one who could take a kicking without it actually hurting him thanks to his thick shell. As a result he's perfect for the ball job.

Pro:
  • Charging up a power shot with Mighty will allow you to bowl opponents or stage hazards out the way like you've tackled them. Mighty can easily knock over even hazards like Teddy.
Con:
  • The downsides are he's slightly heavier than the standard ball meaning he doesn't travel as far, so it might be worth considering this when passing and positioning your players.
Misc:
  • After he is kicked into the goal, you can see Mighty unfurl and give the players a thumbs up in the background. Before each kick off he'll appear uncurled before assuming his ball form.

------------

Four hours left to get votes and special balls in!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #22: Special Ball - Monkey Marble

1646935238216.png

Considering the series name, I think it makes perfect sense to include a special ball from Super Monkey Ball. Now, we can easily add more than one character so rather than making guesses, I propose that the ball will include the classic AiAi which kinda acts like a doll in this form. If necessary, other characters like Baby or even SEGA consoles can replace him.

Pro: Monkey Marble loses momentum very slow thanks to its smooth surface. If you want to make long passes, it's a great choice.
Con: Monkey Marble is notoriously hard to control. If it exceeds a certain speed limit, it's very easy to send it off target.
Misc: The character inside will play their victory animation after a successful goal.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It's that time once again folks!

The results are in for Job #21!
  • Flicky: 12
  • Elizabeth: 5
  • Bayonetta: 12
  • Blaze Fielding: 10
  • Amy Rose: 9
  • Aigis: 4
  • Mary: 5
  • Ulala: 24
  • Leanne: 8
  • Nei: 18
  • Arle Nadja: 12
  • Aika: 15
  • Sakura: 13
And thus, the swinging reporter for Space Channel 5. Ulala, joins the line up! She's pretty used to the spotlight, but we'll see how she does being the one being interviewed at the match's end!

------------
Job #22:
We've also got some special footballs available:
  • Ideyas balls which...actually truth be told I'm not sure what the gimmick of this one is. Can you elaborate Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP ? Err...submitted by the master of dreamland, Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
  • Mean Beans are slowly shrinking jelly trail leaving objects submitted by jelly bean enthusiast, Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Mighty the Armadillo considers being kicked about as a ball great strength training. He's heavier than other balls and doesn't travel as far but can break through opponents and hazards. Submitted by someone who apparently supports animal cruelty, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • Monkey Marble is the opposite of Mighty in that it's a brilliant ball for long passes with huge momentum, but a little easier to lose control of. Submitted by the ever Super Ballsy osby osby
...and these are ALL going in.
Well, Ideya Balls will once we have a little explaination from Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP on it's features. That's just the way we're rolling with today's job!

We now have FOUR new special balls. We'll be adding more at a later point, although those will be voted for by you the Sega Superstars World Cup planning committee!

Alas, this does mean Mighty is no eligible for player status. My apologies to Mighty's fans for basically strong-arming him into a non playable role. I won't be making it a regular habit to do this, but err...we have enough Sonic characters I think losing one (slightly more obscure) to a major NPC role is alright.

So if voting for the balls isn't today's job, what is?

-----------------------------------------------

Job #23: Submit a Mega Drive/Genesis Character

It's the big one. We constantly got requests for Mega Drive/Genesis era characters on Battle of Ages so I'm expecting some of you were looking forward to this one!

You have 24 hours to get your Mega Drive/Genesis era characters in!

Sega characters only of course, but I'll specify I'm going to include Treasure characters(Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier) and Vic Tokai amongst these(Decap Attack, Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter).

------------------------------------------------

Job #24: Submit an Alex Kidd Moveset

Both Tails and Princess Kurumi are currently sitting on the unlockable bench, will Alex Kidd join them or will he be levelled up to Alex Mann?

You all have 48 Hours for this job as per the normal Moveset rules. Please see the front page for examples of how to submit a moveset!

See you all in 24 hours for the Mega Drive/Genesis round up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom