• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here are the polls for the rivalries:

One thing we can discuss today would be ideas for Minion minigames. Yokta originally described a mode where you could train your minions to grow stronger (allowing them to support the fighter with power-ups, though I'm guessing that wouldn't be an option for online multiplayer at the very least), and I figure that there's plenty that could be done with that.

One idea that I have is a racing game similar to the ones in the Chao Garden from Sonic Adventure 2, but maybe to give the player some influence over what happens, there could be a rhythm game aspect involved where doing better or hitting the buttons more accurately gives your minion a short speed boost?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't have too much Idea for the minigames, but I realised that we decided on Sackboy rival being Astro bot, but the original post didn't go in detail about how the cutscene would Play and I had an idea. Basically Sackboy would play Hopscotch with some others Sackbots. Astro would think that the Sackbots are some of his robot that he lose, so he absorb them all in his controller. This make Sackboy super angry and they fight.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
What if there was a party mode based around controlling territory on a board? Sort of like a cross between Smash Tour and that board game from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.

I'm thinking the twist could be that players could use the HP of their fighters instead of cash to claim and defend territory. Or perhaps each property could come with a Minion that offers some kind of stat boost or special ability for when the players fight in free-for-all battles.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hey Megadoomer, do you think you can make a boss list and maybe another nomination session with bosses?
I can try it; the last two times that I had a day focusing on bosses, there wasn't a ton of interest (I don't think anyone nominated a boss on the second day), but maybe third time's the charm? (as for a boss list, I'm not sure if there's much of a point as of now - it's just Polygon Man and, if nobody has objections to it, Clockwerk from Sly Cooper)

---

For yesterday's rivalries, we got Nathan Drake vs. Lara Croft and PaRappa vs. Toro Inoue. Not sure how far to go into the ideas for the minion minigames; I figured we could just discuss it and see what got the interest of other users.

For today's nominations, the general theme is bosses, though I'm going to expand the choices:

a) Arcade mode bosses (pre-existing characters, possibly with multiple phases)
b) Story mode bosses (fusion bosses - either bosses forcefully merged together, or two villains/antagonists working together)
c) revamping Polygon Man (the original fight wasn't super engaging (he can't even hurt you directly), so it seems like a change is in order)

You can pick any of these categories, or two of them, or all three if you want. For fusion bosses, one of the characters involved can be a playable character, either voluntarily or involuntarily - so if you want to have Dr. Nefarious working with Dr. Cortex, or Pyramid Head fused with a colossus from Shadow of the Colossus, feel free! (it doesn't have to involve a playable character, but I figured I should leave that option open)

For example...

Arcade Mode boss: Mundus

When it comes to Devil May Cry villains, Mundus might not be as popular as Vergil, but he's had a major impact on the series, seeing as he's the villain of the first game and responsible for a lot of things that went wrong throughout the series. He starts out as a giant statue that's a mix of an angel and a Greek god, floating in the background similar to the second phase of his boss fight. (the first phase, where Dante and Mundus fly through space, might not work as well for this style of gameplay) Rocky platforms appear around him, which move from one side of the screen to the other, and the glowing orb on his chest is the only spot where he can be damaged.

In this phase, he can attack by smashing the ground (which destroys any of the platforms in his way), summoning a fire dragon from the lava that he's standing in, or summoning orbs that shoot a barrage of lasers. He can also draw the orbs into himself if they aren't destroyed, in order to use a powerful laser blast. As his health starts to get low, he can also slam his fists into the lava to launch a bunch of fireballs into the air and onto the stage, though he only uses this rarely.

As he's nearing the end of his life bar, his statue-like shell falls apart, revealing the gooey monstrosity within. At this point, he doesn't have much left in the way of attack options, trying to reach forward to smash at the opponent. However, every part of him is vulnerable now, making this phase much easier to deal with.

Fusion Boss: Ogre + Father Gascoigne

Ogre is able to absorb fighters, which has changed his appearance in the past. (even if the only example that I could find was in a crossover game) After Ogre defeats Father Gascoigne, he absorbs the hunter in front of the player characters, becoming larger (roughly twice as tall as the tallest player character), more monstrous/animalistic, and taking on elements (and attacks) from Father Gascoigne's beast form.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Fusion Boss: Vexed Corruptor
(Horizon Zero Dawn/Sackboy: A Big Adventure)
Corruptor-Render.png

The Corruptor is an antagonistic machine from Horizon Zero Dawn. It is equipped with a grenade launcher and spike launcher, and can attack with leaping strikes and tail whips. Its most frightening ability is to spread Corruption, which poisons humans and takes control of lesser machines. However, it is just a pawn of the true antagonist of Horizon Zero Dawn.
———​
images (13).jpeg

Vex is the main antagonist of Sackboy: A Big Adventure. His intent is to take over Craftworld by overrunning it with a malevolent force known as Uproar. Creatures that have succumbed to this uproar are said to be Vexed, changing appearance, gaining power and disrupting Sackboy's adventure.
———​
The Vexed Corruptor is a Corruptor that has succumbed to a higher yet wackier form of corruption. It is transformed into craft material, sporting red and blue stripes with glowing green accents. Its size remains imposing, but being Vexed has made its attacks stronger and more unpredictable. Its grenade launcher fires larger timed bombs, and its spike launcher rains down spikes over a wide, clearly indicated area. Its tail is springy and can strike with a lot of reach, and it can leap so high that its underglow is the only indicator of where it will land! It's still possible to knock down its launchers if they're attacked directly, but the new strengths of the Vexed Corruptor make this much harder to accomplish!

Vex himself can be fought as an Arcade Mode boss.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If anyone has suggestions for other categories that we can discuss/work on, feel free to mention them. As of now, I think I'm going to alternate between rivalries and other topics (items, story mode details, another round of Memory Card summons), but if there's anything that people want to see covered, I'd be happy to hear it.

We only had two regular bosses (Mundus and Vex) and two fusion bosses (Ogre with Father Gascoigne's power and the Vexed Corruptor) nominated; I figure they can all be included.

For today, we'll wrap up the rivalries for the characters from the initial announcement by picking a rival for Crash Bandicoot, along with picking a rival for Dart Feld from the Legend of Dragoon.

Here are the characters who don't have a rival battle yet:

Crash Bandicoot
Dart Feld
The Hunter
Kat
Jin Sakai
Ratchet and Clank
Leon Kennedy
Pyramid Head
Fat Princess
Sly Cooper
Sir Daniel Fortesque
Spike
Jak and Daxter
Dante
Heihachi Mishima
Sweet Tooth
Spyro
Ellen
Abe
Chloe Frazer
Dr. Nefarious
Yu Narukami
Colonel Radec
Joel and Ellie
Raven
Coco
Rivet
Lammy

I'm going to make some nominations this time around, because a few ideas stick out to me.

For Crash's rival battle, there's a lot of potential options (which I'm sure people will nominate), but I'm going to nominate Crash vs. Dr. Nefarious. Crash has a tendency to face off against mad scientists and aliens whose names start with N - Dr. Neo Cortex, Dr. N. Gin, Dr. Nitrus Brio, Dr. Nefarious Tropy (N. Tropy for short), Nitros Oxide... With that in mind, it seems fitting to have him take on Dr. Nefarious, an alien mad scientist who wants to exterminate all organic life or transform all organic life into robots.

For Dart, I'll nominate Jin Sakai as his rival. There's a bit of an east-meets-west theme there, though it's a bit unusual - Dart resembles a European knight but was made by a Japanese studio, while Jin is a samurai from a game made by a North American studio. I haven't played either game, so I'm not sure of their characterization - it could be treated as a friendly spar, or mutual distrust.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
For Dart, I propose Spyro. They are both draconic characters so it'd be interesting to see them confusing each other for different species in their games. Plus, they are both PS1 characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dang it I missed the boss day. Ah well, hopefully there'll be another one. Now it's rivalry time!

Dart's rival would be Dante. They are both red-clad swordsmen whose lineages grant them transformations (Dante's Devil Trigger and Dart's Dragoon forms). Both of them face family members (Dart's father and Dante's brother) as enemies, and both of them are introduced hunting down the monsters they deem responsible for their families' deaths. Their personalities are quite different so their rivalry would be a clash of opposites, with Dante's cocky attitude rubbing Dart the wrong way and vice versa, until it escalates into a fight.

Crash's rival would be Spike. Both characters are among the few cartoony characters in the game and both hail from the PS1. Spike would start the rivalry finding Crash doing wacky stuff, check in with his team and be informed of Crash's past as an experiment. Spike rushes to the conclusion that he's another one of Specter's minions and tries to capture him. Hijinx ensue.

(Btw I think Crash vs. Nefarious is really smart but with how non-verbal Crash is I think saving Nefarious for Coco might be better, just my two cents)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dang it I missed the boss day. Ah well, hopefully there'll be another one. Now it's rivalry time!
I'm thinking that I'll just make it so if you want to nominate a boss, you can do so whenever you want. I'm not sure how many fusion bosses we'll include, but I figure that the individual days haven't gotten much attention, so maybe leaving it open so that you can nominate a boss whenever would be a better option.

---

Sorry about the delay; it slipped my mind.

When it comes to rivalry nominations, I'm going to include choices that had been mentioned before, just to be fair.

On the off chance that Spyro wins both of them, I'll go with whichever option (Crash vs. Spyro or Dart vs. Spyro) has the most votes, and go with the second place option for the other one.

For today's nominations, we'll nominate items. I'm not sure how many new items will be included (the original game had twenty; I'd assume that they're all coming back, since a BioShock character was included as a summon, and we currently have eleven new ones), but I think we can have at least one more round for new items. Like previous times where we've done this, you can nominate up to two items.

I'll post my item nominations later; I want to take some time to look through the roster and see if there are any cases where a series doesn't have a stage or a new item.

---

Also, I feel like this should go without saying, but don't make alternate accounts to try and change the results. I don't think that will happen here since the characters and stages have been decided on, but all that will accomplish is getting your alt banned, getting warned (or possibly banned depending on how many warning points you have), and having the vote from that alt account discounted/ignored.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My item submissions are:

Charm of Kagu-Tsuchi (Ghost of Tsushima)

This attaches to your character, similar to the Franklin Badge while in Smash, and it disappears after a certain amount of time. It has no impact if your character has more than fifty percent health left, but if they have it equipped when their health is at 50% or under, their attacks deal increased damage.

Banannerizer (Ape Escape)

Someone decided to attach a banana to a PlayStation Move controller, and this somehow allows it to turn other players into bananas if they're hit by it, which causes them to be KOed if they're hit in this state, similar to the Medusa Head item. This would be an Epic class item, which means that it has a purple aura when it appears, and it doesn't show up often.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Items:

Smellovision Mask (Dog's Life)

A mask depiction the snout of Jake the dog (no relation) can be put on, which turns the stage's colours dull and reveals some smells. These smells can be picked up and thrown as powerful items exclusive to Smellovision mask wearer. Epic class.

Warp Orb (CTR)

Despite its name, the Warp Orb doesn't actually warp. Instead, it can be picked up and thrown, when thrown it goes in a straight line and though any walls or hazards, stunning anyone in its path. Epic class.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
If Crash's rival ends up being Spyro, I'll quit this forum game. It would be the very definition of a wasted opportunity to make Crash and Spyro rivals here when the two of them have had so many crossovers and cameos with each other. Why not give them rivalries with characters they would likely never meet again?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My item nominations are:

Frog Suit (Astro Bot)

This is a transformation item that grants fighters incredibly high jumps as long as they're touching the ground. The height of the jump depends on how long the player holds down X, with a wide range; this also makes it easier to do short hops since tapping X as normal would do one. The frog suit also grants fighters a footstool jump attack though it's hard to land.

When wearing the Frog Suit the fighter's appearance would change. While I'd love to pretend that every fighter would have their own robot version, I'll be realistic, so the frog suit would just replace every character's legs with white, mechanic spring legs and add a bounce to their step. (Astro would just change to his Frog Suit design from his original game, Spyro would have all four legs switched to spring legs, and Kat and Raven would start walking for no reason)

PocketStation

The PocketStation was kind of like the DreamCast's VMU, a memory card slash portable LCD game. I'm basing this item mainly on its functionality for Doko Demo Issyo, as I was looking for an item for that series. In that game, the PocketStation is used to carry around the Pokepi (virtual pets, one of which is Toro), basically turning the PocketStation into a Tamagotchi where they can play minigames and watch their Pokepi do stuff. However in this game, the PocketStation can be thrown at a fighter to trap them in it. While they are trapped, a window pops up where the trapped player has to beat a short, character specific minigame done in a monochrome style (for example, Drake has to jump over a couple of flaming barrels in an homage to Pitfall; 2B has a quick 2D shooter sequence like in Automata's hacking minigame, etc). The other fighters can attack the PocketStation to deal damage, hold onto it to steal orbs from the trapped fighter, or throw it to put them in a disadvantageous position (for balance purposes, and to make it easy to implement, the minigames are simple enough that the victim can clear it pretty quickly if they're skilled).

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
If Crash's rival ends up being Spyro, I'll quit this forum game. It would be the very definition of a wasted opportunity to make Crash and Spyro rivals here when the two of them have had so many crossovers and cameos with each other. Why not give them rivalries with characters they would likely never meet again?
You don't need to leave just because of unorginality, sometimes it's best to balance things out by using ideas people are familiar with while being creative at the same time. plus, more people seem more familiar with Crash Vs. Spyro than anybody between the two.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
You don't need to leave just because of unorginality, sometimes it's best to balance things out by using ideas people are familiar with while being creative at the same time. plus, more people seem more familiar with Crash Vs. Spyro than anybody between the two.
That's exactly the problem. We're already familiar with the matchup between these two, and they'll have plenty of opportunities to cross over in the future. Making them each other's rivals won't offer anything we could see elsewhere. Why not focus on a rivalry that can only happen in this game?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Items

Parasites (Returnal)

These creatures will appear randomly and if you are close to them they will latch on to you, Each Parasite provides a temporary upgrade but they all have a downside.

There are a handful of types (Buff | Debuff)
Red Parasite - Quick and Power attacks heal the user | The user's Super Meter slowly drains
Blue Parasite - Items picked up now last longer | Your attack's deal less damage
Yellow Parasite - The Special Meter charges faster | You can't interact with items
Green Parasite - Special Attacks deal more damage | Your health slowly drains
Purple Parasite - The user has a 25% chance of coming back to life after being KO'd | You cannot KO Opponents.

Parasites stay on you for several minutes unless you are KO'd or the Parasite is removed by a teammate

Tarot Cards (Persona 4)

This will appear floating slightly above the ground anyone can pick them up and picking one up summons a random persona that performs a single powerful ability.

Potential Abilities

Agi - A Blast of Fire is sent forwards
Agilao - A Strong Cone of Fire is sent forwards
Zio - A Bolt of lighting strikes an opponent
Mazio - A bolt of lightning strikes each opponent
Garu - Some wind damages an opponent and sends them upwards
Magarula - Several Powerful Gusts of wind appear.
Bufu - A random opponent is frozen
Mabufudyne - Every opponent is damaged and frozen
Hama - A random opponent has a 25% chance of instantly being KO'd
Eiha - A small blast of dark damage is sent forwards
Megido - A ball of Almighty damage falls onto the stage
Dia -The User is healed
Mediarama - The User and their teammates are fully restored
Tarukaja - The User's damage is increased
Tarunda - An opponents damage is lowered.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Items

Parasites (Returnal)

These creatures will appear randomly and if you are close to them they will latch on to you, Each Parasite provides a temporary upgrade but they all have a downside.

There are a handful of types (Buff | Debuff)
Red Parasite - Quick and Power attacks heal the user | The user's Super Meter slowly drains
Blue Parasite - Items picked up now last longer | Your attack's deal less damage
Yellow Parasite - The Special Meter charges faster | You can't interact with items
Green Parasite - Special Attacks deal more damage | Your health slowly drains
Purple Parasite - The user has a 25% chance of coming back to life after being KO'd | You cannot KO Opponents.

Parasites stay on you for several minutes unless you are KO'd or the Parasite is removed by a teammate

Tarot Cards (Persona 4)

This will appear floating slightly above the ground anyone can pick them up and picking one up summons a random persona that performs a single powerful ability.

Potential Abilities

Agi - A Blast of Fire is sent forwards
Agilao - A Strong Cone of Fire is sent forwards
Zio - A Bolt of lighting strikes an opponent
Mazio - A bolt of lightning strikes each opponent
Garu - Some wind damages an opponent and sends them upwards
Magarula - Several Powerful Gusts of wind appear.
Bufu - A random opponent is frozen
Mabufudyne - Every opponent is damaged and frozen
Hama - A random opponent has a 25% chance of instantly being KO'd
Eiha - A small blast of dark damage is sent forwards
Megido - A ball of Almighty damage falls onto the stage
Dia -The User is healed
Mediarama - The User and their teammates are fully restored
Tarukaja - The User's damage is increased
Tarunda - An opponents damage is lowered.
So, Tarot Cards are pokeball pokemon basically.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Too bad you guys didn’t add the Dragonborn. That would of been a perfect rival for Spyro.

A Spyro vs Crash rivalry has its charm for sure and makes sense. I would prefer that over something that wouldn’t make sense.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Going by the votes, our next set of rivalries is Crash vs. Spyro and Dart vs. Dante.

As for item nominations, we've got...

-Charm of Kagu-Tsuchi (Ghost of Tsushima) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Banannerizer (Ape Escape) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Smellovision Mask (Dog's Life) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Warp Orb (Crash Bandicoot) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Frog Suit (Astro's Playroom) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-PocketStation (Doko Demo Issyo/peripheral) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-Parasites (Returnal) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Tarot Cards (Persona 4) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )

We'll vote for a top three, you can only put one of your own nominations in third, and the top four will be included.

1. Warp Orb
2. Tarot Cards
3. Charm of Kagu-Tsuchi

---

One thing that we haven't really discussed is gameplay modes. The original game was fairly straightforward - there was just Timed Mode (have the best score when time runs out), Stock Mode (players have a certain amount of lives), and Kills Mode (players win once they get a certain amount of KOs). I feel like we can expand on that.

For example, an idea that I have is King of the Hill mode. A large white crown-like aura appears on a certain part of the stage, though it changes colours to red, blue, yellow, or green once a player steps inside of it. If that player leaves, it turns back to white if they were the only one in there, but if several players are in the aura, it won't change colour until the "king" is knocked out of (or leaves) the area.

On the bottom of the screen, where the total for kills or lives would go, each player has a number for their points. Every few seconds while they're the king of the hill, the point counter goes up by 1. Once they reach a certain amount as determined by the rules (25, 50, 100, etc.), they are declared the winner.

However, to keep things more interesting, the "hill" will fade in and out, eventually vanishing and reappearing elsewhere on the stage. This keeps the players mobile and prevents someone from winning because they picked the campiest character or because the hill appeared in a spot that gives one character an advantage.

Getting KOed causes you to lose points (not sure how many - maybe five?), so it can become a challenge of trying to figure out when to stand your ground and when to leave in order to get healing items.

---

Also, as a reminder, you can submit Memories (the game's trophy equivalent, which also includes memorable moments/scenes from games), music, movesets, or costumes whenever you want. (you can also submit bosses if you have any ideas, whether they're arcade mode bosses or fusion bosses for story mode)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. PocketStation
2. Banana-izer
3. Smellovision

I don't know if this mode concept has already submitted or not but I want to submit Classic All-Stars. Classic All-Stars would revive PSASBR's system of only Supers killing.

For some memory submissions:
Namco Museum (the building, not the game - however, speaking of which...)
Rectangular PS1 Boxes
Every character listed here who isn't from the anime
Danger Tick (PaRappa the Rapper)
Velo's Champions (Crash Bandicoot)
Nitros Oxide (Crash Bandicoot)
Ripper Roo (Crash Bandicoot)
Humiliskate (Crash Bandicoot)
King Chicken (Crash Bandicoot)
N. Gin and N. Brio (Crash Bandicoot)
Rawkit Head (Crash Bandicoot)

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Boy, can you imagine if I actually walked out over this vote? How petty that would be after all I've contributed.

I still don't think the Crash vs. Spyro rivalry is the best choice for this game- it's a pairing that Activision could arrange, and indeed have arranged, whenever they wanted to. Pairing them up yet again in All-Stars, when there's a whole roster of characters they'll never have another opportunity to interact with, is the most egregious missed opportunity imaginable.

I think it highlights a major flaw with voting for each fighter's rival one by one: since voters are more likely to understand the logic behind a pairing if they recognise the characters involved, popular characters will often get chosen before less popular ones, even when the latter offers more potential as a rival. If it were up to me, I'd have gathered nominations for any possible rival pair, not just the rival for whoever's atop the roster. I wouldn't do that until half the roster is paired up, at least.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think it highlights a major flaw with voting for each fighter's rival one by one: since voters are more likely to understand the logic behind a pairing if they recognise the characters involved, popular characters will often get chosen before less popular ones, even when the latter offers more potential as a rival. If it were up to me, I'd have gathered nominations for any possible rival pair, not just the rival for whoever's atop the roster. I wouldn't do that until half the roster is paired up, at least.
My concern is that trying to determine rivals for a ton of characters at once would over-complicate things. I realize there's no one "right" way to do it (no matter how we choose rivals, there's going to be at least one pairing that doesn't make much sense but they were the only possible options), but I figure that picking a few characters at once would keep things simple - even four seemed like a lot to do at once. (though I can select the remaining characters randomly rather than going down the list, to mix things up)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Smellovision Mask: 1
Frog Suit: 2
Charm of Kagu-Tsuchi: 3
Warp Orb: 4
PocketStation: 5
Banannerizer: 6
Tarot Cards: 7
Parasites: 8

This vote was spread out pretty evenly (and it's kind of funny that the results worked out the way that they did). Since I said we'd be including the top four, that means that Parasites, Tarot Cards, the Banannerizer, and the PocketStation are being added to the item list!

The only nominations that we got for new modes were King of the Hill and Classic All-Stars (an "only supers KO" mode), so I don't see any reason why we can't include them both; having a vote seems a little silly when there's only two very different options.

---

We're going to continue the nominations for rivalries, though I'm going to use Random.org to pick two random numbers from the remaining 24 fighters. I got 15 and 24, so for today, we're going to be nominating rivals for Abe and Lammy!

Here's the list of who doesn't have rivals yet:

The Hunter
Kat
Jin Sakai
Ratchet and Clank
Leon Kennedy
Pyramid Head
Fat Princess
Sly Cooper
Sir Daniel Fortesque
Spike
Jak and Daxter
Heihachi Mishima
Sweet Tooth
Ellen
Abe
Chloe Frazer
Dr. Nefarious
Yu Narukami
Colonel Radec
Joel and Ellie
Raven
Coco
Rivet
Lammy

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Abe vs Heihachi, because Heihachi is the kind of ruthless corrupt billionare executive that would make a good Oddworld villain

Lammy vs Coco, because they're both 90s PS1 girl counterparts.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
For Abe I will nominate Ratchet and Clank for his rival, has Ratchet meet a lot of different space species. Clank could see Abe and he could know where is RuptureFarms and who is Abe.

For Lammy I nominate Joel and Ellie. Ellie would be impress by Lammy skill with the guitar, and Joel would be jealous of Lammy.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Abe's rival would be Radec. Radec and his Helghast army are planning to invade Oddworld, conquering Mudokon and Glukkon alike. To prevent this Abe is sent to take Radec out.

Lammy's rival would be Jin. Lammy's shtick in her home game is that she's too shy to stand up for herself unless she's playing the guitar; Jin's arc in his is his dilemma on whether to stick to the code of the samurai or break it as the Ghost. Therefore that would be the theme of their rivalry: passion vs. control. The rivalry would start with a conflicted Jin talking to himself, Lammy overhears him and urges him to be himself and act on his feelings. Jin extols the virtues of restraint, and the pair agrees to a duel to find out which philosophy yields the best results.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here are the two polls for today:

Leaving the boss category wide-open doesn't seem to get much in the way of responses, but I'm thinking that maybe limiting it to a specific series (or group of series) might help with giving people ideas. (or at least help with narrowing down the options) What's a series, either one that's in the game or one that's owned by Sony, where you think they should have a boss in this game? (either an Arcade Mode boss, or part of a fusion boss)

I feel like God of War should have some kind of boss character. Considering the emphasis that the series places on spectacle and fighting massive monsters and gods from ancient Greece (and Norse mythology), it seems well-suited to having a boss battle in a game like this.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I propose that Ratchet & Clank should be the series are what our next boss should be from. Dr. Nefarious is a fighter so there are a lot of options for a dedicated boss character... or it could be just an alternate form for him like Giga Bowser.

Top Bottom