• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Jak & Daxter, i feel that rivalry is essential and would have to be kept the same.
I'll say the same with these match-ups.
  • Crash Bandicoot vs. Spyro the Dragon - Also essential as they're both former PS1 mascots in the 90's, who are owned by Activision and faced each other a few times before. Plus, Naughty Dog vs. Insomniac like that one.
  • Nathan Drake vs. Lara Croft - Famous treasure hunters, who has legacy to one of their family members in the family tree (Lara to her father and Nathan to his ancestor Sir Francis).
If Cloud was in the base game (as an only one third-party slot is left in numbers despite being done), I would've pitted him against Dart Feld for these reasons (maybe even Snake vs. Gabriel Logan as DLC?).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Jak & Daxter, i feel that rivalry is essential and would have to be kept the same.
I'll say the same with these match-ups.
  • Crash Bandicoot vs. Spyro the Dragon - Also essential as they're both former PS1 mascots in the 90's, who are owned by Activision and faced each other a few times before. Plus, Naughty Dog vs. Insomniac like that one.
  • Nathan Drake vs. Lara Croft - Famous treasure hunters, who has legacy to one of their family members in the family tree (Lara to her father and Nathan to his ancestor Sir Francis).
If Cloud was in the base game (as an only one third-party slot is left in numbers despite being done), I would've pitted him against Dart Feld for these reasons.
Yeah, those make sense, but I figure to try and keep it organized, we'll focus on two characters at a time (Kratos and Sackboy, in today's case), though I could bump it up to four. I think it would get pretty chaotic if we're trying to figure out eighteen different rivalries at once with overlapping characters. (for example, some people might want Crash Bandicoot and Joel & Ellie to be rivals, as it's one of Naughty Dog's oldest characters vs. two of its newest characters)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Kratos' rival would be Aloy. Both of them hail from action-adventure games with RPG elements set in fantasy worlds and emphasize ranged combat in their iconic weapons. The rivalry would kick off when Kratos overhears Aloy talking to herself about being created by GAIA and wondering what it means for her. Kratos misconstrues this as Aloy being a worshipper of the titan Gaia out for revenge, and the confusion is worsened when Aloy mentions HADES trying to explain herself. Reluctant to go back to his old ways, Kratos adopts a combat stance, and Aloy has no choice but to follow.

Sackboy's rival would be Yu Narukami. There's no real reason for it, I just thought it would be funny. Yu would confuse Sackboy for a Shadow, but rather than immediately attack him, he would mention how he's heard that you can convince Shadows to join your side using diplomacy, and decides to give it a try. His first obstacle, however, is Sackboy's muteness. Yu tries to offer Sackboy money but is rebuffed. Sackboy opens his PopIt and Yu has to choose between three options, picking a trampoline. Sackboy starts bouncing on it, and, having fun, hugs Yu in gratitude. Yu realizes he isn't cut out for diplomacy and attacks Sackboy. This rivalry is meant to be a reference to the Persona games' negotiation mechanic, including Shadows asking for money, trying to seduce the player, and Yu being unable to do it because it's not a mechanic in his home game.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
When you nominate and vote on these rivals, keep in mind that every member of the roster has to be matched up with a rival. You may think it's a good idea to match Aloy with Kratos, but maybe it would be more appropriate to match her with Jin Sakai, or the Hunter from Bloodborne?

I'll quote my own list of rival matches, with explanations for each.

-Kratos vs PaRappa
-Sackboy vs Crash Bandicoot
-Nathan Drake vs Lara Croft
(Assuming that newcomers are revealed in sets of rivals, the six characters from the reveal trailer must be paired up into rivals among themselves.)

-2B vs Knack
-Cole MacGrath vs Jesse Faden

-Astro vs Toro Inoue
(The most recent general Playstation mascot versus one of the earliest.)
-Ellen Reid vs Yu Narukami
(JRPG protagonists who fight with monster-esque support characters)
-Pyramid Head vs Sweet Tooth
(Two monsters that once were men, yet conduct themselves with vastly different tones)
-Leon Kennedy vs Sir Daniel Fortesque
(Resident Evil characters fight zombies, and Sir Daniel is technically one of those)
-Radec vs Abe
(Radec is morally and aesthetically similar to a Slig.)
-Aloy vs Dr. Nefarious
(A primitive human who hunts machines versus a machine which has renounced its primitive humanity)
-Jin Sakai vs The Hunter
(An honourable samurai versus a stoic monster hunter who fights with heavy melee)
-Ratchet and Clank vs Spyro the Dragon
(Insomniac's first two kingmakers, long separated, now together at last)
-Sly Cooper vs Kat
(Similar noir aesthetics between Sly's Paris and Hekseville, and I'm assuming stray cats and raccoons don't get along)
-Dante vs Heihachi Mishima
(A demon hunter versus a businessman who dabbles in devil genes, I believe?)

-Jak and Daxter vs. Chloe Frazer
-Dart Feld vs. Spike
-Fat Princess vs. Joel and Ellie
(The leftovers, assigned based on the most inappropriate pairings possible)

-Rivet vs Coco Bandicoot
-Raven vs Lammy
(Clones were added after all other rivalries were established, so they can only rival each other)

And, just for fun, here's each character's rival from the Smash Ultimate base roster
-Kratos vs Pit
-Sackboy vs Villager
-Nathan Drake vs Pikachu
-PaRappa vs Inkling
-Crash Bandicoot vs Mario
-Lara Croft vs Yoshi
-Dart Feld vs Shulk
-The Hunter vs Bowser
-Kat vs Bayonetta
-Astro vs R.O.B.
-Aloy vs Link
-Jin Sakai vs Marth
-Ratchet and Clank vs Fox
-Leon Kennedy vs Zelda
-Pyramid Head vs Luigi
-Fat Princess vs King Dedede
-Sly Cooper vs Wario
-Sir Daniel Fortesque vs Diddy Kong
-Spike vs Donkey Kong
-Jak and Daxter vs Samus
-Dante vs Rosalina & Luma
-Heihachi Mishima vs Ganondorf
-Toro Inoue vs Kirby
-Sweet Tooth vs Captain Falcon
-Spyro the Dragon vs Ridley
-Ellen Reid vs Pokémon Trainer
-Abe vs Lucas
-2B vs Meta Knight
-Knack vs Olimar
-Cole MacGrath vs Lucario
-Jesse Faden vs Ness
-Chloe Frazer vs Palutena
-Dr. Nefarious vs Bowser Jr.
-Yu Narukami vs Dark Pit
-Colonel Radec vs Robin
-Joel and Ellie vs Ice Climbers
-Rivet vs Wolf
-Coco vs Isabelle
-Raven vs Mr. Game and Watch
-Lammy vs Jigglypuff
I strongly disagree. We've already seen these two be made rivals in the first All-Stars. We know what it looks like when their personalities clash. It would be lazy to rehash their rivalry in this new game, not to mention a missed opportunity considering all the newcomers they could rival instead.

My opinion on rivalries is that they are an opportunity to witness interactions between characters who would have no other opportunity to meet. I would rather not waste that opportunity with a rivalry that's already played out.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I strongly disagree. We've already seen these two be made rivals in the first All-Stars. We know what it looks like when their personalities clash. It would be lazy to rehash their rivalry in this new game, not to mention a missed opportunity considering all the newcomers they could rival instead.

My opinion on rivalries is that they are an opportunity to witness interactions between characters who would have no other opportunity to meet. I would rather not waste that opportunity with a rivalry that's already played out.
i thought it'd be nice to see each other banter again, i didn't see any other ideas that would work until i saw your idea with Spyro and R&C

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
When you nominate and vote on these rivals, keep in mind that every member of the roster has to be matched up with a rival. You may think it's a good idea to match Aloy with Kratos, but maybe it would be more appropriate to match her with Jin Sakai, or the Hunter from Bloodborne?
I don't see the point in planning that far ahead, I'd rather just propose the best rivalry I can come up for the character of the day and worry about future rivalries when the time comes.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I don't see the point in planning that far ahead, I'd rather just propose the best rivalry I can come up for the character of the day and worry about future rivalries when the time comes.
I don't think that's the best approach. Focusing on a single character at a time for rival matchups could lead to characters being chosen based on popularity. It also discourages thinking about the roster as a whole. We'll inevitably come up to a point where the remaining rivalries must be assigned at random, but a broader selection process will allow that point to arrive much later.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think that's the best approach. Focusing on a single character at a time for rival matchups could lead to characters being chosen based on popularity. It also discourages thinking about the roster as a whole. We'll inevitably come up to a point where the remaining rivalries must be assigned at random, but a broader selection process will allow that point to arrive much later.
One of the best parts of collaborative efforts is to get to hear other people's great ideas, stuff that I would have never thought of, and I find that the best way to be open to new ideas is not to try and work everything out myself from the get-go.

Plus, even if it were possible to come up with the objectively best rivalry plan for every character, all it would take is a single one of the proposals to lose the vote and the whole plan needs to be reworked. If you think that approach will still come up with the best rivalries, then go for it! But personally I doubt my best ideas will come if I look at it that way so I'd rather not.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
These were the rivalries that were nominated:

Kratos
Kratos vs. Joel and Ellie
Kratos vs. PaRappa
Kratos vs. Aloy

Sackboy
Sackboy vs. Crash Bandicoot
Sackboy vs. Astro Bot
Sackboy vs. Yu Narukami

Today, we're going to nominate Memory Card summons for first party characters. I figure that there's a lot of ground for Sony series that we haven't covered, whether it's lesser-known series, franchises that didn't make it into this roster, or supporting characters.

Apes (Ape Escape)

This summon would be a little different from most of them - several monkeys (about five or six) appear on the stage, but rather than attacking or causing status effects, they try to get as far away from the players as possible. Attacking them will "catch" them, causing them to disappear and leave healing or AP-boosting items behind.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Stalker-Render.png

Stalker (Horizon Zero Dawn)
This machine uses camo to become almost invisible, running across the stage stealthily and occasionally becoming visible to fire a laser blast. Fire and electrical attacks will compromise their camo; if this happens, they will use claw swipes to attack instead.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Eugene from Infamous second son.

It might looks weird because Delsin isn't in the game, but I didn't want to put Delsin has a summon because I think he could still be a dlc.

Eugene is one of the main conduit in Infamous second son. He has the power of the video, which means that he can absorb TV screen and transform it into solid holograms. In Second son, he use this power to turn himself into a big angel or create demons that will help him fight, and this is what he would do in this game too.

Eugene.png 31e89cb39594d5b28653c0b3315a91d4.jpg

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Memory Card: Zoran Lazarevic (Uncharted)

Lazarevic would run around the stage, grabbing and choking fighters. His grabs can be mashed out of, and if not he will throw the fighter after he is done with them.

Lazarevic is invulnerable but along with him would spawn several pools of resin from the Tree of Life. These explode when attacked by firearms or other fire attacks, dealing huge damage. These pools are the only way to hurt Lazarevic as well.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Memory Card:
Joe Chin

There's no need to fear, because Joe Chin is here! Now let me tell you about this incident where there were 4 jerks instead of 2, I started to brag and the screen zoomed in a little, as I continued describing my great quests the screen zoomed more and more, thus nobody could see where they were going! Thankfully, nobody was KO'd by me in the process, but plenty of them wandered off the stage or into danger thanks to my zooming abilities
50 lines of meticiulous description later
And for the end of my short introduction, let me knock anyone who's too close out!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Memory Card:
Joe Chin

There's no need to fear, because Joe Chin is here! Now let me tell you about this incident where there were 4 jerks instead of 2, I started to brag and the screen zoomed in a little, as I continued describing my great quests the screen zoomed more and more, thus nobody could see where they were going! Thankfully, nobody was KO'd by me in the process, but plenty of them wandered off the stage or into danger thanks to my zooming abilities
50 lines of meticiulous description later
And for the end of my short introduction, let me knock anyone who's too close out!
That was perfect!

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Memory Card Submisson:

Clicker - Last of Us

The clicker would behave close to how it does in the Last of Us games. It will walk around the stage aimlessly until someone makes a noise close to it. It will then start chasing after them until another sound draws it away from them. If it's an item it hears it goes to the spot and looks around before wandering around again. If its another player then it'll begin to chase after them instead.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
1621488752863.png

Ashelin Praxis
Debut: Jak II: Renegade
Ashelin is the daughter of the main antagonist of the second entry of Jak & Daxter,
after he father's death in the end, she becomes the new ruler of Haven City.

She'll attack using some physical combat aswell as firing from her pistol(i don't remember if she ever used it),
when she is summon she is accompanied by two blue haven city crimson guards(based on Jak 3) to help her fight off some of the opponents on stage. you can hit the crimson guards good enough until they disappear. But not Ashelin.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The polls for the first set of rivalry battles gave us Kratos vs. Aloy and Sackboy vs. Astro Bot!

For the Memory Card submissions, we have:

-Apes (Ape Escape) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Stalker (Horizon: Zero Dawn) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Eugene (Infamous: Second Son) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Ari and Stan (Okage: Shadow King) (@VGamer01)
-Captain Qwark (Ratchet & Clank) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Zoran Lazarevic (Uncharted) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-Joe Chin (PaRappa the Rapper) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Clicker (The Last of Us) ( Jomosensual Jomosensual )
-Ashelin Praxis (Jak & Daxter) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )

Vote for your top three, you can only put your own nomination in third, and the top five will be included.

My votes are:

1. Joe Chin (I haven't even played PaRappa the Rapper, but that description was perfect. 12/10)
2. Captain Qwark (I've only played the first Ratchet and Clank game and a bit of the second, but he seems like a lot of fun)
3. Ari and Stan (I figure that concepts like assist trophies can help to shine a light on a company's lesser-known franchises and get them some attention - it worked for Sin & Punishment)

Another thing that we could discuss is Arcade Mode intros and endings. In the original game, we had a series of still images with voiceover, which generally followed the same pattern - the intro has the character hearing about a bunch of strange beings gathering for a tournament, while the ending has them return to whatever they were doing before, only now they've absorbed Polygon Man's power, meaning that they can glow blue. I'm assuming that the still images and voiceover was done for budget reasons, but what could be done to change these intros/endings? (also, what suggestions do you have for character intros/endings?)

In my eyes, the intros are fine (it's an arcade mode in a fighting game; you rarely get an explanation for why these characters are fighting beyond "there's a tournament"), but the endings really should take advantage of the crossover aspect, similar to how Marvel vs. Capcom 3 handles it. It would also work as a way to incorporate franchises that didn't make it into the game, or possibly tease DLC (or at least get people excited over characters), like how Dante's original MvC3 ending had him fighting Ghost Rider only for GR to be added to the game in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

For example, you could have Pyramid Head absorbing Polygon Man's power, which vastly increases the vague supernatural powers of the town of Silent Hill. (James Sunderland could provide narration, as Pyramid Head doesn't speak as far as I know) We then cut to the cast of Until Dawn (or at least any characters from that game where getting the likeness/voice actor wouldn't be an issue - a different game could be used if that's a problem, since I'm not sure who's in the game aside from Hayden Panettiere and Rami Malek) driving along only for a thick fog to roll in. Their car breaks down, and as they try to get it started again, Pyramid Head becomes visible through the fog, implying that things aren't going to go well for them.

Another example could be Nathan Drake, after defeating whatever final boss he winds up with, winding up in the world of Crash Bandicoot. He finds a white gem larger than his head, and he's surprised that it was so easy (aside from all of the mutated wildlife) before commenting that all of this seems familiar. ...Then a giant boulder rolls towards him, forcing him to run as the scene cuts to black.

Basically, I want the endings to take advantage of the fact that this is a crossover, rather than having the characters going back to whatever they were originally doing except they glow blue now.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Ari and Stan (if not as fighters, I'd love these two to at least appear to some extend)
  2. Captain Qwark (Metropolis returns but he can just not spawn in that stage)
  3. Clicker (I like the implementation, plus a creepy assist character feels fitting, seeing how hard the playable roster is going with horror reps)
I think Megadoomer's suggestion is pretty good. My only additional suggestion would be making intros/outros and rival cutscenes in the same style. I think it was a little weird how the first game used different styles for both.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
1. Captain Qwark(Eh, Why Not)
2. Larzaravic(The way he plays would be amusing)
3. Joe Chin(The Description was perfect and now i want this guy to represent the summons for Parappa)

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Bear in mind that we're having both arcade and Story Mode in this game. If we give each character a fully animated arcade intro & outro, that's 80 cutscenes in all. Personally, I would rather see 80 cutscenes added to the Story Mode.

Instead, I would recommend playing with the old Arcade Mode cutscene format. Keep the static artwork, but change how it scans and transitions. Perhaps add some cutscenes between battles, possibly of a different style: visual novel, or in-engine replay perhaps?

Votes:
1. Clicker
2. Lazarevic
3. Stalker

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Stalker
2. Ari and Stan
3. Praxis

I don't have anything to add about the arcade mode, I think Megadoomer nailed it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If anyone has ideas for arcade mode endings, feel free to post them. I figure there's a lot of ground that could be covered there. (you don't need to go into great detail - I didn't even specify who Nathan Drake's final boss would be)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Apes
2. Quark
3. Ari and Stan
Honorable Meantion to Clickers

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to come up with a few possible alternate costumes.

I see that Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has several pre-order costumes, so that makes possible alts for Rivet easy. Aside from her basic outfit, she could have the Rebel Armour (with the red vest), the Scavenger Armour (with the goggles), and an outfit based on Angela Cross from the second game. (I avoided the Carbonox Armour because Ratchet basically has the same thing, and I figured that it would make things confusing since they'd look almost identical if they're both wearing it)

For Coco, the two latest Crash games have a ton of skins, so that gives plenty of material to work with.

From left to right, there's her default skin, Pursona (since she has a tiger friend), Interstellar Buccaneer, and Star Coco.

For Dr. Nefarious, he could have his default appearance (from what I've read, his colour changes from silver/blue to purple as the series goes on, though that could be reflected through a palette swap), along with his organic appearance. Another could be based on his concept art from Up Your Arsenal, and for the last costume, I'm not sure - all we've seen of Emperor Nefarious from Rift Apart is a statue of him, and while there are some differences, it's unclear how different he'll look from the regular version. I'll save the fourth costume for when the game comes out. (EDIT: Emperor Nefarious looks fairly different from the regular version, so he'd work as a costume, though he'd presumably need to have Dr. Nefarious's stance rather than standing upright like he normally does)

Hopefully the image links work; a good chunk of them are from Wiki sites, and images hosted there seem unreliable.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do you think Clockwerk would still count as one of the bosses for Sly's Arcade?
Sure; there wasn't a ton of interest in arcade mode bosses, so if you want Clockwerk to be Sly's final boss (along with the final boss for some other characters), feel free.

---

Eugene: 0
Stalker: 4
Zoran: 4
Clicker: 5
Ashelin: 5
Joe Chin: 6
Apes: 9
Ari and Stan: 10
Captain Qwark: 11

Rather than having a tie-breaker to determine the fifth one to get in, I think we'll include both Ashelin and the Clicker - we don't have a hard limit on these Memory Card summons, and the way I see it, one more won't make a huge difference. Captain Qwark, Ari and Stan, the Apes from Ape Escape, and Joe Chin also make it in.

---

Today, we're going to nominate rivals for Nathan Drake and PaRappa the Rapper. I figure it's more consistent if we just work our way down the list.

For reference, the characters who don't have rivals yet are:
Nathan Drake
PaRappa
Crash Bandicoot
Lara Croft
Dart Feld
The Hunter
Kat
Jin Sakai
Ratchet and Clank
Leon Kennedy
Pyramid Head
Fat Princess
Sly Cooper
Sir Daniel Fortesque
Spike
Jak and Daxter
Dante
Heihachi Mishima
Toro Inoue
Sweet Tooth
Spyro
Ellen
Abe
Chloe Frazer
Dr. Nefarious
Yu Narukami
Colonel Radec
Joel and Ellie
Raven
Coco
Rivet
Lammy

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nathan Drake vs Lara Croft

This one is gonna be popular so let's get it out of the way. Drake is pretty much Sony's own Lara Croft, yet their personalities are still different enough to make a confrontation between them interesting. They'll probably fight over an artifact they both want for themselves, similar to Drake's previous rivalry with Sly.

PaRappa the Rapper vs Toro Inoue

Aside from the obvious cat-dog similarities, they are both cartoony characters debuted in the original PlayStation and use karate in their movesets. They would fight over PaRappa calling Toro a cat and him getting angry over it. Alternatively, Toro would want to see how good Chop Chop Master Onion's training with a friendly spar with PaRappa.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Nathan Drake vs Crash Bandicoot

Because Uncharted 4.

Parappa vs Heihachi

A logical follow-up to Heihachi's rivalry with Toro. Also, since Heihachi speaks Japanese and Parappa speaks English regardless of the game language, they could simply fail to understand one another.

While we're on the topic of Parappa, I want to talk about his visual design. I think he should either be full 3D in the artstyle of All-Stars, or true 2D like in his PS4 remaster. I strongly dislike the compromise approach they took in the original All-Stars that made him look like a colourful slice of ham. I'm personally leaning towards the full 3D model. Lammy would be the same as well.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Parappa vs Heihachi

A logical follow-up to Heihachi's rivalry with Toro. Also, since Heihachi speaks Japanese and Parappa speaks English regardless of the game language, they could simply fail to understand one another.
Emmett and Kat in the first game could understand each other, the same as Dante and Nariko in any language other than English. I don't think the language barrier exists in the PlayStation multiverse.

While we're on the topic of Parappa, I want to talk about his visual design. I think he should either be full 3D in the artstyle of All-Stars, or true 2D like in his PS4 remaster. I strongly dislike the compromise approach they took in the original All-Stars that made him look like a colourful slice of ham. I'm personally leaning towards the full 3D model. Lammy would be the same as well.
I don't know much about PaRappa but characters being 2D seems like a notable part of its art direction. Maybe we can force the camera to always see him as flat, like how Smash does with Mr. Game & Watch?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
(I'm not gonna come up with anything better than Nathan Drake vs. Lara Croft but that doesn't mean I won't try!)
Drake's rival is Ellen. Both of them are adventurer types who venture into mythical places (the Netherworld for Ellen, El Dorado, Shambala and Iram of the Pillars for Drake). Both games also give them partners (Keats for Ellen, too many to list for Drake) and the way they behave with them is opposite, with Drake having his partners at his side at all times whereas Ellen and Keats can be switched between (ironically it's the opposite in PSAS where Drake is solo and Chloe is even a playable character, whereas Ellen has Keats show up for some of her moves iirc). Much like Drake's rivalry with Sly Cooper in the last game, this one would begin with Drake finding out about the Sword of the Netherworld (possibly from Unknown Realms) and deciding to find it. When he approaches Ellen and quizzes her on it, she warns him to stay away lest he cause a great calamity. However when Drake asks her how she knows that she plays coy, not wanting to disclose her connection to the Netherworld or her dark past. Drake assumes she's just a rival treasure hunter looking to steal his fortune, and combat ensues.

PaRappa's rival is Kat. Get it? Dog vs. Kat? Look it was either this or a dance-off between PaRappa and Yu, consider yourselves lucky. Anyway, this rivalry would start when Kat notices PaRappa's weird shape and wonders aloud if he's a Shifter. PaRappa takes offense, hearing it as her calling him shifty, and asks her who she is. When she answers with her name, PaRappa assumes she's pretending to be his friend Katy Kat, calls her a poser, and challenges her to a rap battle. And then they fight I guess
Aight so this wasn't my finest work but it's hard to get PaRappa to fight anyone. I wanted to do PaRappa tries to get Heihachi to train him, but that was taken.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Parappa is a weird character because he's very different than any other character on the roster, which mean that it's hard to find him a rival that 100% fits him. I think Parappa rivalry against Spike was by far the most boring one of the first game, because they didn't even use Parappa's personnality, you could replace him with any character and nothing would have changed.

This time, I'm going to do something more fun and nominate Dante for his rival. Parappa would walk around listening to music with Boxy boy and hearing this, Dante will start dancing like in Devil may cry 5. Impressed by Dante dance, Parappa will ask Dante if he can rap. Dante will say no and Parappa will be disappointed, because he's looking for a challenger for a rap battle to impress Sunny funny. Dante will reply that they could do a fight, and Parappa agree.

Top Bottom