• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

She is the CPU of Planeptune, and is one of 4 CPU's Each one resembling a different Console manufacturer, Neptune is a personification of SEGA, Noire the Personification of Sony, Blanc the personification of Nintendo and Vert the Personification of Microsoft.

Neptune is the main character and she can use a sword and various other game related skills, and she can turn into her HDD form which changes her personality and makes her more powerful.

The Neptunia series is primarily a Playstation franchise and was one of the top supporters of the Vita with 9 games releasing for that console alone and games releasing to this day including a remake of the first game for the PS5

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!

She is the CPU of Planeptune, and is one of 4 CPU's Each one resembling a different Console manufacturer, Neptune is a personification of SEGA, Noire the Personification of Sony, Blanc the personification of Nintendo and Vert the Personification of Microsoft.

Neptune is the main character and she can use a sword and various other game related skills, and she can turn into her HDD form which changes her personality and makes her more powerful.

The Neptunia series is primarily a Playstation franchise and was one of the top supporters of the Vita with 9 games releasing for that console alone and games releasing to this day including a remake of the first game for the PS5
If Noire is the personification of Sony, why didn't you nominate her?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If Noire is the personification of Sony, why didn't you nominate her?
She wouldn't make sense as the first playable rep from the series.

EDIT: I did remember that there is a game on the Vita where she is the main character so it would not be as bad as I though. I just think Neptune works a bit better as a rep for the whole series.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Like a Kangaroo!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm going to do something a little bit different. Instead of trying to push one last big third party, I'm going to nominate a more random first party characters. The first game as Fat princess as the more "random characters from a small game" and we still don't have that type of character on the newcomer. I had many idea for this one like Monroe from The unfinished swan, a golfer from Everybody's golf or Lil and Larg from Escape plan, but they didn't have a lot of moveset potential. Finally, I end up with:
The sinner from Freedom wars
The_Protag.png

What is Freedom wars?
Freedom wars is an action rpg developped by Japan studio exclusively for the Ps vita. The game take place in a dystopian future in the year 102104. The world as come to ruin, so people in this world live in underground cities called Panopticons. In this society, overpopulation is such a big problem that living is now a crime. You control a customisable character (called the sinner) who had received a sentence of 1,000,000 years for the crime of living. To regained their rights, players need to fight huge robots named Abductors to protect the city and the civilians. The game was one of the most succesful first party game in Japan for the ps vita. Since the character is customisable, you can choose to be a male or a female.

How do they fight?
They use a variety of weapons in Freedom wars, and most of them would work easily in All stars. The main gimmick is that the character has a grappling whip. In Freedom wars, it's purpose is to jump to higher areas or pull enemies. It could attract enemies in All stars. The characters also used a big variety of weapon like swords, spears, hammers, snipers, machine guns, handgun, laser guns, flamethrower, rocket launchers etc. There's also other items like mines and grenades. This mix of long ranged weapons and short ranged combat would be pretty unique to All stars.

Since the game is relatively obscure, I will end with a link for a gameplay trailer of the game so people can see what the game looks like and what the characters can do in action.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The nominations for the wildcard spot are:

-Yu Narukami (Persona 4) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Carl "C.J." Johnson (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI) (@VGamer01)
-Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-Filbo Fiddlepie (Bugsnax) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Etna (Disgaea) ( osby osby )
-Vaas Montenegro (Far Cry 3) ( Jomosensual Jomosensual )
-Sam Porter Bridges (Death Stranding) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa) ( CheeseAnton CheeseAnton )
-Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-The Sinner (Freedom Wars) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )

Unlike most of these votes, we're only including one character. Since we're only including one character, you can put your own nomination in second or third, but first place has to go to someone else's pick.

I'll vote for:

1. Sam Porter Bridges
2. Yu Narukami
3. Etna

Persona and Disgaea are both RPG franchises that are heavily associated with the PlayStation, and I figure that we need something by Hideo Kojima in here.

---

We're also going to have nominations for another round of Memory Card summons. The last spot for the base roster is going to be villains, so try to avoid picking those if possible. (or at least avoid picking major ones - I'm not sure if there's going to be a huge push for Ripper Roo from Crash Bandicoot to be playable, for example) Like before, we'll nominate up to two characters each.

Clicker (The Last of Us)

(Spoiler-tagging image to be safe, since they're pretty gruesome to look at) At this point, it's looking unlikely that we're going to get a playable character from the Last of Us (at least in the base game, unless someone makes a bold move and nominates Abby in the villains section as the game's sole Last of Us playable character), so I figure that at the very least, it should get the game's equivalent of an assist trophy. Clickers stumble around the arena, making clicking noises, and if they get close to anyone who didn't summon them, they lunge at that character, grab them, and start biting. The damage is minimal, but this leaves the grabbed character open to being attacked by anyone else.

Trico (The Last Guardian)

I could see Trico being as frustrating for the player who summoned it as it can be for people who played the Last Guardian. (full disclosure, I haven't played the Last Guardian; I'm just going on what I've seen in videos) Sure, it can run around the stage, swiping at enemies and smacking them with its tail, and making use of its size... Or it can just sit there, or wander around aimlessly. If things work out, it's a powerful ally, but whether or not Trico will be of much help is somewhat random.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
1. Yu: Just Put Him in Already, I Understand how worthy all the others are, but this' yu's last shot.
2. The Sinner: Seems like a cool character.
3. Shadow: Giving a push to the Ultimate Life Form when others most likely won't

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I shouldn't have nominated Filbo. There was another third party character I wanted to nominate, but I won't be able to nominate them as a villain, unless subjective metafictional opinion counts.

My votes are for

1. The Sinner
  2. Filbo
  3. Vaas

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I will submit two iconic support characters for Memory Card submission: Atreus, and Elizabeth Comstock.
You don't need me to explain who these people are.
Is Elizabeth Cornstock (Comstock? It's hard to tell with the font) one of the protagonists from BioShock Infinite? I think that's who it is, but I haven't played that game, so I'm not sure. (I'm not much of a first person shooter player, though I'm trying to change that)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Is Elizabeth Cornstock (Comstock? It's hard to tell with the font) one of the protagonists from BioShock Infinite? I think that's who it is, but I haven't played that game, so I'm not sure. (I'm not much of a first person shooter player, though I'm trying to change that)
Indeed she is

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Before Mega made a statement on one character from this, i thought maybe it would be smart to have two third party characters since it could save room for the final character being a Playstation Rep. Though if you don't wanna take it seriously than treat it as just an opinion which is what i would say.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
  1. Yu Narukami: I can't even come up with anything, why is he not already in?
  2. Makoto: I think Danganronpa should get something and Makoto would be great.
  3. Kefka: I really want Narukami in so much I can't care about the other choices, so this is a vote to not go to a choice with many votes.

D

Deleted member

1.Yu
2. Shadow
3.Kefka
Memory Card Characters:
-Ari and Stan
okage-shadow-king-ps2-classic-box-1280x720.jpg

They can both be in the background as Stan does a dark element on the stage(or on the person that summoned him)
-Rudy Roughknight
WAMM_Rudy_Roughknight.png

Rudy can appear on the stage than jump to the foreground and start to shoot at the opponents.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I vote:
1. Filbo
2. Carl CJ Johnson: At first I thought it was a weird pick, but thinking about it more, GTA is huge, and GTA San Andreas was a pretty big deal for the ps2.
3. Yu Narukami

For the memory card summons:
Ash from Concrete genie. At this point I doubt he would get in even if I would want it. He would draw a genie that will use either fire, electric or wind attacks.
Ash.PNG.png

Dormin from Shadow of the colossus
Again, I wanted this to be part of Wander moveset but he probbaly won't get in (I know some people consider Wander to be the vilain of the game but I don't really see it that way and I'd rather keep the vilain nomination for something less ambiguous). As a summon, he would be quite big and would samsh the ground and use is breath attack from Shadow of the colossus.
DorminEmon.jpg

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. The Sinner - I love these great ideas that slip under the radar. I didn't know anything about this game but I looked it up and it sounds really interesting and like it has potential for a cool moveset. Plus, Vita rep!
2. CJ - Kind of a legend and while I don't associate him with PlayStation necessarily he should be in a crossover fighter.
3. Vaas - I guess I see him as a pick along the lines of Big Daddy, a third party that seems kind of random but from a decently sized and influential series.

Honorable mention to Yu, who clearly doesn't need my vote.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I wrote down a list of the characters with points determining the results for tomorrow and so far, Narukami and CJ are the top 2. If Mega changes the number of third parties added from 1 to 2 then that would be something of a surprise, though it's fine if he has other ideas for the final two.

Anyways, i like to renominate Panda King and Nemesis from my previous suggestion, while i do have another idea for a memory card summon i'd rather focus on famous third parties and playstation originals for now.

Memory Card Assists? Somewhat intriguing though let's see what i could come up with.

1619360737528.png

Nemesis from Resident Evil
Despite Not playing any games with this creature in it(Project X Zone is one acception)i have seen how he works, i'd imagine he'd walk slowly around the stage then stopping to fire his bazooka, getting close to him will have him knock you into the ground and hit you with his bazooka.

1619360758792.png

The Panda King from Sly Cooper
This former enemy of Sly Cooper would jump around and shoot fireballs from his palms, once he's done he'll say one triumph line(something on the line of unleashing the dragon) and launch three fireworks from his fire cracker barrel from his back(Something he used in Sly 3)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Memory Card summon nominations:

1620631449695.png
Buzz from the eponymous series:

For a quiz game franchise, Buzz! has a surprising amount of titles (16, to be exact) and has a considerable history. I think if we're cutting his stage, he can at least appear as an assist character. When summoned, he'll act similarly to his stage hazard role: He'll stand on a platform behind the stage and ask a question to the players (which they can answer with button commands). He rewards correct answers with status buffs or heals, while wrong answers will earn you a pie thrown to your face.

Shana from The Legend of Dragoon:

1620632264322.png

The Legend of Dragoon isn't a big series but it's an RPG so giving some limelight to its party members. Shana is summoned in her Dragoon form and shoots enemies with her bow while flying. Before leaving, she'll either heal her summoner's party with Gates of Heaven (if their health is low) or cast a large area of effect attack with Star Children.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Our final score is:

Neptune: 1
Shadow: 2
Etna: 2
Kefka: 3
Sam Porter Bridges: 5
Makoto Naegi: 5
Vaas: 6
The Sinner: 11
CJ: 12
Filbo: 13
Yu Narukami: 24

As a result, Yu Narukami will be added to the game! (I'd rather leave it so we get two characters from the villain nominations rather than just one - we don't have a lot of villains in the game, and I figure there are a bunch of first- and third-party examples that we could potentially include)
---

For Memory Card summons, the nominations are:

-Clicker (The Last of Us) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Trico (The Last Guardian) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Klonoa (Klonoa) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Atreus (God of War) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Elizabeth Comstock (BioShock Infinite) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Ari and Stan (Okage: Shadow King) (@VGamer01)
-Rudy Roughknight (Wild Arms) (@VGamer01)
-Ash (Concrete Genie) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Dormin (Shadow of the Colossus) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Nemesis (Resident Evil) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-The Panda King (Sly Cooper) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-Buzz (Buzz!) ( osby osby )
-Shana (The Legend of Dragoon) ( osby osby )

Vote for your top three, the top five overall will be added, and you can only put one of your own nominations in third place.

My vote is:

1. Ash
2. Buzz
3. Clicker

The fact that they're in alphabetical order is just a coincidence haha

---

Another thing that we can do today, in addition to voting, is posting ideas for Minions. Much like with music, costumes, and movesets, I feel like this can be done at any time - there should be at least one Minion per series, but there's nothing saying that we can't have more than one.

For those who didn't play the original game, Minions are bobble-headed mascot versions of characters that pop up to cheer you on whenever you do something impressive like KO three people in a 4 player match. They can be any NPC character or any character that doesn't have a playable role in the game, including time-displaced versions of characters - one of the DLC minions from the first game was "Young Nathan Drake".

In the post about unlockables, Yokta Yokta said that there would be a mode where you can train Minions to grow stronger, have them fight other Minions, and there could be a battle event where the Minions provide stat boosts. I'm not sure if we want to discuss that as well or not, but I figure it's worth bringing up that they'll have a more practical use this time around.

Some ideas for Minions that I have are...

Pascal (Nier Automata): given that Pascal's a pacifist, I'm not sure if it would be weird to have him cheering on a fight, but I guess it could be seen as lending moral support.

Nico (Devil May Cry): she's a popular character from DMC5, but not a fighter like Nero, Vergil, Trish, or Lady. However, she's enthusiastic about seeing weapons in action.

Lawrence (Ratchet and Clank): Dr. Nefarious's long-suffering butler - wherever Nefarious goes, he's not far behind.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Memory Card votes
  1. Ari and Stan (If these two aren't going to be playable, I'd like them to at least appear in some fashion.)
  2. Elizabeth Comstock (Bioshock Infinite was certainly an experience for me and Elizabeth was a big reason for it. Plus, her abilities are very suited for this role)
  3. Buzz (Again, I think Buzz should make sort of appearance, his commentary was hilarious.)
Honorable mention to Trico, who almost made it to this list.

For the Minions, I propose the following:

1620651223039.png

Keats from Folklore: He's just as important as Ellen and already shows up in her moveset. I think he's a no-brainer addition.

1620651491730.png

Raven from Gravity Rush: Again, she's a pretty important character to her series and arguably an even funnier one to see as a super-deformed mascot.

1620651643127.png

Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4: Now that we finally added Yu, it's a good idea to complement this with his first proper party member and partner. He already appeared as a chibi character in Persona Q games, so this wouldn't be a first for him. Speaking of Persona 4, here's my "I love Persona a healthy amount" collection;

1. Yu Narukami
  2. Yosuke Hanamura
  3. Chie Satonaka
  4. Yukiko Amagi
  5. Kanji Tatsumi
  6. Teddie
  7. Rise Kujikawa
  8. Naoto Shirogane
  9. Igor
  10. Margaret
  11. Marie
  12. Ryotaro Dojima
  13. Nanako Dojima
  14. Tohru Adachi
  15. Labrys
  16. Persona 3 Hero
  17. Aigis
  18. Junpei Iori
  19. Mitsuru Kirijo
  20. Elizabeth
  21. Joker
  22. Anne Takamaki
  23. Morgana
  24. Ryuji Sakamoto
  25. Caroline & Justine

Half of the costumes will make Yu wear glasses.
1620652437840.png
(Default)
1620652453492.png
(Velvet Room outfit)
1620652462815.png
(Featherman Costume)
1620652483089.png
(Swimsuit)

Square Attacks: Katana moves. Yu whacks the opponents with his sword with a combination of well-practiced strikes and more experimental swings. These moves are fast, straightforward, and cover a good amount of area around Yu but are usually have long lag and low damage. Yu uses some of his Persona 4 Arena attacks like Big Gamble (his dragon-punch anti-air move) and Raging Lion (a diagonal dive with Yu holding his sword with two hands) here.

Triangle Attacks: Izanagi. Yu summons his Initial Persona and uses his aid in battle. Similar to Fat Princess's Villagers, Izanagi attacks in tandem with Yu and invincible. Aside from swinging his spear around, kicking with his legs, and sending an electrical projectile, Zio; Izanagi can also imbue Yu's square attacks with electricity and kick the opponents for Yu to hit them with a heavy attack. Izanagi is powerful but he usually comes out slow so combining him well with Yu's square attacks is key to using him effectively.

Circle Attacks: Wild Card. Yu summons one of the many Persona like Jack Frost, Beelzebub, Byakko, Alice, and Mothman he can wield and uses a skill. Unlike Izanagi, these only appear as aesthetics and don't have their own hitboxes. He can use Bufu to create a large block of ice, Rakunda to lower the opponents' defenses, Dia to heal himself and Mudo to possibly instantly KO opponents.

Level 1: Hassou Tobi. Yu summons Yo****sune which cuts a large area in front of him eight times, dealing great damage if all hits connect.

Level 2: All-Out Attack. Yu rushes forward with his sword. If this attack connects (and it can connect with multiple characters), three of Yu's party members (either Yukiko, Chie, and Yosuke or Kanji, Teddie, and Naoto) appear behind him, and a burst of comical dust and attack effects while they beat up the opponents. Ocassionally, Rise's transparent shape can appear behind the attack, slightly increasing its damage and look.

Level 3: Myriad Truths. Yu throws off his glasses summons Izanagi, which then will transform into Izanagi-no-Okami, his Ultimate Persona. Upon activation, he'll spin his weapon in a circle and creates a huge beam of light that vertically covers the entire stage and can be moved and angled during the attack.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My vote for the summon:
1. Buzz
2. The Panda king
3. Nemesis

For the minion I suggest:
Bentley from Sly Cooper. The first game had Murray and Carmelita, so it feels right to have Bentley as the new Sly Cooper minions.

Bentley_from_Sly_3.png

The pilot from Gran turismo. Yeah this one is a bit weird, but we still have no representation from this franchise and it's one of Sony's biggest. I don't really see it has being playable or a memory card summon so it might as well be a minion.

i1GfPrLNeAMc9SH.png

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Our final score is:

Neptune: 1
Shadow: 2
Etna: 2
Kefka: 3
Sam Porter Bridges: 5
Makoto Naegi: 5
Vaas: 6
The Sinner: 11
CJ: 12
Filbo: 13
Yu Narukami: 24

As a result, Yu Narukami will be added to the game! (I'd rather leave it so we get two characters from the villain nominations rather than just one - we don't have a lot of villains in the game, and I figure there are a bunch of first- and third-party examples that we could potentially include)
---

For Memory Card summons, the nominations are:

-Clicker (The Last of Us) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Trico (The Last Guardian) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Klonoa (Klonoa) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Atreus (God of War) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Elizabeth Comstock (BioShock Infinite) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Ari and Stan (Okage: Shadow King) (@VGamer01)
-Rudy Roughknight (Wild Arms) (@VGamer01)
-Ash (Concrete Genie) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Dormin (Shadow of the Colossus) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Nemesis (Resident Evil) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-The Panda King (Sly Cooper) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-Buzz (Buzz!) ( osby osby )
-Shana (The Legend of Dragoon) ( osby osby )

Vote for your top three, the top five overall will be added, and you can only put one of your own nominations in third place.

My vote is:

1. Ash
2. Buzz
3. Clicker

The fact that they're in alphabetical order is just a coincidence haha

---

Another thing that we can do today, in addition to voting, is posting ideas for Minions. Much like with music, costumes, and movesets, I feel like this can be done at any time - there should be at least one Minion per series, but there's nothing saying that we can't have more than one.

For those who didn't play the original game, Minions are bobble-headed mascot versions of characters that pop up to cheer you on whenever you do something impressive like KO three people in a 4 player match. They can be any NPC character or any character that doesn't have a playable role in the game, including time-displaced versions of characters - one of the DLC minions from the first game was "Young Nathan Drake".

In the post about unlockables, Yokta Yokta said that there would be a mode where you can train Minions to grow stronger, have them fight other Minions, and there could be a battle event where the Minions provide stat boosts. I'm not sure if we want to discuss that as well or not, but I figure it's worth bringing up that they'll have a more practical use this time around.

Some ideas for Minions that I have are...

Pascal (Nier Automata): given that Pascal's a pacifist, I'm not sure if it would be weird to have him cheering on a fight, but I guess it could be seen as lending moral support.

Nico (Devil May Cry): she's a popular character from DMC5, but not a fighter like Nero, Vergil, Trish, or Lady. However, she's enthusiastic about seeing weapons in action.

Lawrence (Ratchet and Clank): Dr. Nefarious's long-suffering butler - wherever Nefarious goes, he's not far behind.
Finally Narukami's in the game! Achieving his one shot chance to be playable in the game.

I don't have any minion ideas yet.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
My Summon Choices
1. Shana
2. Nemesis
3. Panda King

Minion Ideas
1620658084459.png

Cheryl Mason from Silent Hill
With Silent Hill being represented by Pyramid Head, it makes sense to add some more stuff from the series. She is the main character of the third entry
and The Daughter of Harry Mason from the first entry.

1620658199584.png

Coco Bandicoot from Crash Bandicoot
Coco is crash's sister, who would usually join her brother on his adventures sometimes.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oof, lotta great choices for Memory Cards. I guess I'll go with

1. Elizabeth
2. Rudy
3. Ash

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Buzz
2. Panda King
3. Klonoa

Minions:
Lab Assistant

Dr. Cortex's robotic, disposable minion who takes on a variety of different jobs.

Moneybags

In the Spyro games, Moneybags holds stages behind a paywall

Guru Ant

From PaRappa the Rapper 2, Guru Ant sings a song about self-confidence to help PaRappa grow big after being shrunk... however, Guru Ant isn't as confident as he seems.

Rivet

I don't need to explain who this is.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
1. Nemesis
2. Shana
3. Atreus

Minion nominations:

Sylens (Horizon: Zero Dawn)
images (9).jpeg

Sylens is an enigmatic character who works alongside Aloy for most of the game to further his personal agenda. His exact motivations are a mystery.

Scarlet (Sackboy: A Big Adventure)
Scarlet.png

Scarlet is a Knitted Knight past her prime, who follows Sackboy on their journey to offer them wisdom and encouragement.

Princess Meden (Patapon)
Meden_2.jpg

The spiritual leader and emotional voice of the Patapon.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Minion Nominations:
1620678485320.png

Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei/Persona)
Jack Frosts are the SMT/Persona equivalent to a Pikachu, being the most iconic Demon/Persona from the series and he even has his own game called Jack Bros. (Virtual boy). Since we added Pokemon Content with a trainer as a fighter, we should probably add Pikachu somewhere in the game, so why not make them an adorable minion.
1620678967117.png

Nurse (Silent Hill)
We seem to be going on the monstrous side of Silent Hill, so let's amp it up with one of the most iconic enemies from the series, the Nurse. Something something Pikachu analogy.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Not sure if there was a limit for minion ideas but I'd like to suggest 3 more:
Ethan Mars from Heavy rain
400px-EthanMars2011.jpg

Jodie Holmes from Beyond: two souls
Jodie-Cover.jpg

Markus from Detroit: become human
31263709.0.jpg

Just like Gran turismo, we still have nothing from Quantic dream games and those games were pretty popular for the ps3 and ps4. And just like Gran turismo, those characters probably won't be playable or a summon. Jodie does have psychic powers but she rarely use them to really fight. Giving those 3 characters a minions would represent all 3 Playstation Quantic dream games.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's the results for the assist vote:

Dormin: 0
Trico: 0
Clicker: 1
Atreus: 1
Rudy: 2
Klonoa: 4
Ash: 4
Ari and Stan: 4
Shana: 5
Elizabeth: 5
Panda King: 5
Nemesis: 6
Buzz: 11

As a result, Buzz, Nemesis, the Panda King, Elizabeth, and Shana will all be added as memory card summons! I don't know how many of these to include in total, but in the original Smash Bros., there were only 13 Pokeball summons, so maybe fifteen could work? We'll have another round later.

---

Today, we'll be nominating villains for the game's playable roster. (I could do stages, or discuss rivalries for part of the roster, but I feel like in both cases, it would be best if we got the roster finalized first)

It's worth noting that these villains don't have to be from games that are in the roster. Sure, you can do that (for example, Baron Praxis from Jak and Daxter, or Dr. Neo Cortex from Crash Bandicoot), but you can also go with villains from games that aren't in the current playable roster (ex. Abby from the Last of Us, or Sephiroth from Final Fantasy), or veterans who are villains (ex. Colonel Radec from Killzone or Big Daddy from BioShock).

Considering that Smash Bros. treats Meta Knight and Dark Pit like villains, even though they were only outright villainous for part of a single game, I figure there's some wiggle room - as long as they were a villain at some point and have been on a PlayStation console, they're eligible.

Two notes I want to make about this category:

1) we've only got one third party character spot left - if the top two winds up being two third party characters, then I'll include the highest-ranked character of those two, along with the highest-ranked first party character.

2) more than any other category, this seems like it's going to be getting into spoiler territory, whether it's plot developments for recent games or major plot twists where the game reveals that the actual villain isn't who you think it is. If you feel like something's a spoiler, make sure to spoiler tag it. (put "spoiler" or "ispoiler" in square brackets, without the quotation marks around them, and at the end of whatever you're spoiler-tagging, put "/spoiler" or "/ispoiler", in square brackets and without the quotation marks)

---

Zeus (God of War)

While it might have been seen as developer favouritism for the original game (Sony Santa Monica, who finished up development on PSASBR, also developed God of War), I feel like God of War could have two playable characters without much complaint now that there's a larger roster to work with. While the bulk of the focus is on the 2018 game, we don't want to forget the roots of the series, and whether it's in Arcade Mode (if they're made rivals for each other) or Story mode, there could be some good interactions between Zeus, Atreus, and an older, more mature Kratos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to go ahead and use my nomination for Colonel Radec
Colonel_Radec.png

I think Superbot has done an excellent job at incorporating him in the original game in so many ways, I think he deserves a shot back here in this one.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Calypso (Twisted Metal)

A mysterious businessman/bloodsport organizer/possibly the Devil, Calypso is the man who assembles the Twisted Metal tournament and grants the winner their wish - albeit usually engineered to kill them in an ironic way - it seems fair to label Calypso the villain even in a roster full of monsters.

Calypso has reality warping powers, so there's no limit to what he can do moveset-wise. Much like how Sweet Tooth took the mad clown archetype and ran with it, Calypso would move and play like the epitome of the "Satan in a suit" trope - moving swiftly and relying on misdirection. His moveset would probably take elements from all the wishes he's granted in the series, and his stint as a playable character in TM4 (he's a fan of tactical nukes).

Given Sweet Tooth's status as one of the original four revealed and Twisted Metal's massive roster of characters I think it makes sense for a second rep, and Calypso is one of the best options. I love the whole WWE-like aesthetic that TM has going on and Calypso is a pretty cool villain, basically an asshole genie who, more often than not, is punishing pretty awful people.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
My nomination is for nobody.

There are only 2 slots left in the roster: the last first party and the last third party. Restricting today's nominations to villains is going to leave more deserving heroes out in the cold.

If we nominate a villainous first party, we would be excluding characters like Iota from Tearaway, Selene from Returnal, the LocoRoco or the Patapon.
If we nominate a villainous third party, we would be excluding characters like Snake from Metal Gear, Alucard from Castlevania, Amaterasu from Okami or Filbo goddamn Fiddlepie.

That's why my nomination is to leave the slot empty, so that neither of these precious, definitive placements in the roster will be wasted on a villain we don't really need.

Top Bottom