• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The final total for the items is...

-Holy Water: 0
-The CLASP: 0
-Fear Dart: 0
-Smoke Bomb: 3
-Bird Portal: 3
-Nitro Crate: 3
-Emil Heads: 4
-Spitmaw Blaster: 5
-Icerail: 8
-Bugsnax: 8
-Small Stubby: 8

I said we'd be adding the top four items, so Small Stubby, Bugsnax, Spitmaw Blaster, and Icerail are added into the game! I'm less sure about how many items to add (we have eleven new ones as of now), though I figure we can at least add a few more.

As far as the story mode discussions go, I think the biggest difference between the ideas that we've brought up is whether or not there would be branching paths. (I think we're all agreeing that a chapter-based structure that focuses on a few characters but gradually adds more and more to the "party" is the way to go)

---

One thing that's a bit of a trend with the current roster is that we're covering a lot of different series. Out of the 31 characters that we're in the game, every single one of them is the sole representative of their franchise. While that can be seen as a good thing, it could also be seen as missed potential depending on how you look at it, since plenty of series (whether they're first party or third party) have more than enough material for a second playable character at the very least.

Today, we're going to be nominating a character from a series that's already part of the playable roster. For the sake of convenience, I'll list the series that you can choose from in a spoiler tag below:

• God of War
  • Uncharted
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • PaRappa the Rapper
  • Gravity Rush
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Fat Princess
  • Sly Cooper
  • MediEvil
  • Ape Escape
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Doko Demo Issyo
  • Twisted Metal
  • inFamous
  • Devil May Cry
  • Tekken
  • The Legend of Dragoon
  • Bloodborne
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Folklore
  • Knack
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tomb Raider
  • Resident Evil
  • Silent Hill
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Oddworld
  • Nier Automata
  • Control

I'll post my nomination later; I'll need to think about who to nominate, but I wanted to get this posted.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Second Rep Nomination:

Chloe Fraizer - Uncharted

My idea here is that she'd be our first "echo fighter" or whatever the equivalent here is. If any series makes sense to get a 2nd character first, Uncharted would without a doubt make the short list. There's also rumors that Uncharted isn't done yet either and given her role in Lost Legacy I wouldn't be shocked to see her be the protagonist of that series in the future.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
My nomination is for Nestor, from Spyro Reignited Trilogy.
Reignited_NestorArt.jpg

Why am I nominating a character who only appears in one scene to deliver two lines of exposition? The answer is simple: to see what he can do.

The Reignited Trilogy has received acclaim for its revitalised graphics, and nowhere is that more apparent than in the Elder Dragons of Spyro 1. What were once generic palette swaps in the PS1 original were transformed into diverse characters with personality imbued into every last detail. Despite having no new dialogue, these designs taught us more about dragon society than the original game ever could.

Take Nestor, for example. His shoulders are draped in fine apparel, and he wears a belt of construction tools, including a simple mallet that he always holds in his hand. Clearly he is an architect of renown, possibly responsible for many of the buildings you explore in his world. He seems respectful and dignified, yet humble and work-oriented. Surely a character such as this has more to offer, and I think he could shine in the world of All-Stars.

I believe Nestor's fighting style would involve strong, precise attacks executed with mastery and intent. He would accumulate gems by attacking opponents, and use those gems to construct helpful buildings, from mundane pedestals and grindstones to the more powerful beam tower and, of course, the iconic portal.

As a dragon, Nestor can summon fire, but his mastery exceeds young Spyro's: he can cloak his mallet in flame with a thought, making it stronger, yet heavier, or attack with all sorts of fire projectiles.

Resource management is key for Nestor, as his biggest weakness is his limited use of gems and magic. He needs gems to build, and he needs magic to use fire. Without those resources, Nestor is a big target with very short range.

Spend gems wisely and save your slowly regenerating fire power for the right moments, and Nestor will demonstrate the true potential of a mighty dragon!

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Took a bit of a break from here....SPYRO WAS ADDED TO THE ROSTER??! LEEES GO! MY PURPLE DRAGON BOYO!

I think that adding a villain from an already repped series would be cool, so I nominate.....

Second Rep Nomination: Ripto Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)

The main Crash Bandicoot antagonist (especially in the OG PSX trilogy), Neo Cortex! First debuting in Crash Bandicoot (1995), he's been a mainstay ever since. He could also have a unique playstyle. That's pretty much it. I could have went with Coco, but I wanted someone a bit more...unique and villain-y.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Reusing a recent submission because why not

Delsin Rowe (Infamous: Second Son)

Delsin Rowe is the protagonist of Second Son, the latest entry in the inFamous series. Delsin is a rebel, a fun-loving guy with a passion for graffiti and a distaste for authority, who gets his call to action when he finds out he has the power to absorb other conduits' powers. When his reservation is attacked by the totalitarian DUP, Delsin sets off to the occupied Seattle to try and gain the powers necessary to save them (and possibly liberate Seattle in the process).

Why add Delsin to this game? Why thank you for asking! There are so many reasons to add him, so let me list off just some: cool powerset (he can control smoke, neon, video and concrete, and technically he's a power copier so he could be our equivalent to Kirby and steal his opponents' moves); cool weapon (he fights with a chain infused with elemental powers that he can fashion into swords, gauntlets, and more); a great personality (imo the best protagonist in inFamous); and diversity (he's Native American).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My nomination is for Nestor, from Spyro Reignited Trilogy.
View attachment 314022
Why am I nominating a character who only appears in one scene to deliver two lines of exposition? The answer is simple: to see what he can do.

The Reignited Trilogy has received acclaim for its revitalised graphics, and nowhere is that more apparent than in the Elder Dragons of Spyro 1. What were once generic palette swaps in the PS1 original were transformed into diverse characters with personality imbued into every last detail. Despite having no new dialogue, these designs taught us more about dragon society than the original game ever could.

Take Nestor, for example. His shoulders are draped in fine apparel, and he wears a belt of construction tools, including a simple mallet that he always holds in his hand. Clearly he is an architect of renown, possibly responsible for many of the buildings you explore in his world. He seems respectful and dignified, yet humble and work-oriented. Surely a character such as this has more to offer, and I think he could shine in the world of All-Stars.

I believe Nestor's fighting style would involve strong, precise attacks executed with mastery and intent. He would accumulate gems by attacking opponents, and use those gems to construct helpful buildings, from mundane pedestals and grindstones to the more powerful beam tower and, of course, the iconic portal.

As a dragon, Nestor can summon fire, but his mastery exceeds young Spyro's: he can cloak his mallet in flame with a thought, making it stronger, yet heavier, or attack with all sorts of fire projectiles.

Resource management is key for Nestor, as his biggest weakness is his limited use of gems and magic. He needs gems to build, and he needs magic to use fire. Without those resources, Nestor is a big target with very short range.

Spend gems wisely and save your slowly regenerating fire power for the right moments, and Nestor will demonstrate the true potential of a mighty dragon!
I'd be down for this as a Koopaling situation with all the scalie bait rescued dragons, but Nestor alone seems pretty random.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I'd be down for this as a Koopaling situation with all the scalie bait rescued dragons, but Nestor alone seems pretty random.
It's not as random as you might think. Nestor is deliberately set up to be the first dragon you rescue: you start a new game right in front of him. If there's only room for one elder dragon in the roster, Nestor should be that dragon.
I was considering making the nomination a tag team of the five "leader" dragons from each realm, but I felt like that would be too complicated compared to just representing one dragon really well.
As for the Koopaling-style multiple characters, I don't think that would work at all. The Koopalings all fight with a functionally identical clown car, but the elder dragons all have different tools and jobs. A fighting style that could be adopted by multiple elder dragons would, by necessity, be too generic to justify their place in the roster. That's why I nominated Nestor specifically, so he can use tools and techniques that would be unique to him.

If representing multiple dragons is truly important, they could appear to assist Nestor for his Super attacks, or they could be summoned by using a Crystal Dragon item.

D

Deleted member

If chosen we would have to change how Alden Tower works, but still....
Carmelita Fox
latest-1.png

Love interest of sly... And Interpol Cop.
She uses her stun Gun along with athletic abilities in combat. She would be quick and mobile.

Honorable Mention:
Spectre, Raven, and Lady Maria

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
This is where I would have nominated Elizabeth or Aigis (both from Persona 3) but Narukami somehow didn't get in, so now I have to nominate someone completely different.

1620339831713.png

James Sunderland
Silent Hill (2)
James Sunderland is the main protagonist of Silent Hill 2, the game Pyramid Head (one of the fighters) comes from. I decided to pick him so the MU of James vs. Pyramid Head to happen again, and Pyramid Head won't look weird or out of place without James there.

The question you might be asking is what would make him stand out against the other horror survival protagonist of the second game in their series, Leon Kennedy. I would say while Leon feels more professional and experienced, James would feel more improvisational. Leon has gun skills and weapons, while James struggles and grabs onto unprofessional weapons (such as a metal pipe, a wooden plank,
some spray can that can also hurt him, and even a chainsaw; and this is not including if James gets other weapons in the series not from SH2, like giving him Downpours Rock).

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, i have something to suggest for the next nomination. we should try to add which music we should add for the game's Music Player. I love Smash Bros' large library of music from different games remixed or original it did a good job adding representation for various games from multiple series'.

While we won't add them into the stages, listening to music from the Music Player would be a nice way to sit back and listen to a favorite track from a game in playstation all-stars(ignoring stuff such as Youtube and Spotify)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I really want to nominate someone, but I feel like I'm at a disadvantage when the only first-party Sony games that I've played to a significant degree are PlayStation All Stars, the first God of War game, the first Ratchet and Clank game, and a bit of Uncharted 1. (I have played about half of the third party franchises, but I'm fairly new to Tekken, and I've only played the first Spyro game) I think I'll skip nominating a character this time around. Good submissions so far, though! It's really tough for me to pick which ones to vote for.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The nominations for a second character from a series that's currently in the game are...

-Um Jammer Lammy (PaRappa the Rapper) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Chloe Frazer (Uncharted) ( Jomosensual Jomosensual )
-Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet and Clank) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Zeus (God of War) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-Nestor (Spyro the Dragon) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot) ( TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman )
-Delsin Rowe (inFamous) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-Carmelita Fox (Sly Cooper) (@VGamer01)
-Vergil (Devil May Cry) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-James Sunderland (Silent Hill) ( CheeseAnton CheeseAnton )

Same rules as usual apply - pick your top three, and you can only put your own nomination in third.

This one is really tough for me (both because all of these seem like great picks, and because I'm not familiar with a large amount of the characters so it's hard for me to know who to pick), but I'll just go with my gut.

1. Dr. Nefarious
2. Chloe Frazer
3. Vergil

---

In addition to voting, we can also nominate/list music that could be included for a series. When we voted on collectibles, a music player was among them. I'm not sure if anything would be done with stages (for example, making it so you can select songs from the series involved to play on a given stage) or if that would be too limiting (since some series don't have stages yet, and might not get them).

Either way, post your music in link form, rather than embedding it. If there's one song that you want to highlight, you can embed that, but posting a lot of embedded videos messes up the site, especially for mobile users, and topics like this can lead to a lot of embedded videos.

(EDIT: Forgot to check, but in terms of whether or not story mode should have branching paths, "Yes" won 6-1)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
My Votes for Characters

1. Dr. Nefarious: He's basically the main villain of his series, it makes a lot of sense
2. Chloe Razor: While i haven't played Uncharted, i have a feeling she'd really work for more representation
3. Zeus: Thought i'd bring in more veterans into the mix

I also wish to list which songs would be in the music player(i'll return to this post and edit it for when i learn how to embedd videos by highlighting them).

Little Big Planet
  1. Get it Together(Little Big Planet)
  2. Whoever Brings The Night(Little Big Planet 2)
Crash Bandicoot
  1. Wumpa Islands(Crash Bandicoot)
  2. Wild Hog(Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy)
  3. N. Brio's Theme(Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
  4. Warp Room (Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back)
  5. Warp Room(Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped)
  6. Toad Village (Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped)
  7. Warp Room (Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex)
  8. N. Sanity Beach(Crash Twinsanity)
  9. Evil Twins(Crash Twinsanity)
Ratchet & Clank
  1. Veldin(Ratchet & Clank)
  2. Eudora(Ratchet & Clank)
  3. Umbris(Ratchet & Clank)
  4. Veldin in Peril(Ratchet & Clank)
  5. Oozla(Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando)
  6. The Battle Arena(Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando)
  7. Courtney Gears Theme(Instrumental)(Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal)
  8. Docks Area: Miniboss(Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal)
  9. Kick Nefarious A** (Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal)
  10. Title Theme(Ratchet & Clank(2016))
Resident Evil
  1. Ganado V (Resident Evil 4)
  2. Back-Up(Resident Evil 4)
Silent Hill
  1. Not Tomorrow/Lisa's Theme (Silent Hill)
  2. Letter From The Lost Days (Silent Hill 3)
  3. Room of Angel (Silent Hill 4: The Room)
Sly
  1. Opening /Main Theme/Police HQ(Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus)
  2. Flame Fu!(Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus)
  3. A Strange Reunion(Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus)
  4. Paris(Sly 2: Band of Thieves)
  5. The Nightclub(Sly 2: Band of Thieves)
  6. Hazard Room (Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves)
  7. RC Attack(Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves)
Jak & Daxter
  1. Final Battle(Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy)
  2. Guard Pursuit(Jak II: Renegade)
  3. Arena Race(Jak II: Renegade)
  4. Spargus City(Jak 3)
  5. Artifact Run(Jak 3)
  6. Wasteland Race(Jak 3)
  7. Dark Maker Finale(Jak 3)
Devil May Cry
  1. Public Enemy(Devil May Cry)
  2. Ultra Violet(Devil May Cry)
  3. Lock & Load(Devil May Cry)
  4. Mundus Battle(Devil May Cry)
Playstation All-Stars
  1. Finale
  2. Light Menu
  3. Medium Menu
  4. Dark Menu
  5. Light Rival
  6. Dark Rival
  7. Polygon Man
  8. Practice Room

Edit: Embedded My Music Choices.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My vote will be:
1. Delsin
2. Zeus
3. Chloe Frazer

Here are some music that I had in mind:
God of war
The vengeful Spartan (God of war)
Hydra (God of war)
Main titles (God of war 2)
The end begins (God of war 2)
Typhon mountain (God of war 2)
Battle of Perseus (God of war 2)
Overture (God of war 3)
Rage of Sparta (God of war 3)
Tides of chaos (God of war 3)
The glory of Sparta (God of war 3)
Atlantis (God of war: Ghost of Sparta)
Primordial rage (God of war ascension)
Bound by blood (God of war ascension)
Warrior's truth (God of war ascension)
Trial of archimedes (God of war ascension)
God of war (God of war ps4)
Deliverance (God of war ps4)
Draugr combat (God of war ps4)
Ashes (God of war ps4)

Shadow of the colossus
To the ancient lands
Prohibited arts
Revived power
Black blood
Sign of the colossus
Grotesque figures
The opened way
Silence
Creeping shadow
The farthest land
Counterattack
A despair filled farewell
Demise of the ritual
The sunlit earth
Those who remain

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In addition to the songs that ivanlerma posted, I've got a few more ideas for Devil May Cry songs. (it helps that I've already written out a challenger pack and spirit battles for Dante)

-Devil Trigger (DMC5)
-Bury the Light (DMC5)
-The Duel (DMC5)
-The Time Has Come (DMC4)
-Swipe of the Sword (DMC4)
-Devils Never Cry (DMC3)
-Vergil Battle 2 (DMC3)
-Assault (Infested Chopper Battle) (DMC2)

Nier Automata:
-Birth of a Wish (Become As Gods)
-City Ruins (Rays of Light)
-Pascal's Village
-Memories of Dust
-Amusement Park
-Emil's Theme
-Bipolar Nightmare

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Lammy
2. Carmelita Fox
3. Dr. Nefarious

Honorable mentions to pretty much everyone heh

D

Deleted member

This was a good suggestion list, but If I had to choose 3:
1. Dr.Nefarious
2. Lammy
3. Carmelita

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yesterday's vote was really close, and it easily could have gone any number of different ways. (which is a pretty big change from days when one character is far and away the favourite) I suppose that speaks to the strength/quality of the nominations. Here are the final results!

James Sunderland: 2
Zeus: 3
Vergil: 4
Dr. Neo Cortex: 4
Nestor: 6
Carmelita Fox: 7
Um Jammer Lammy: 9
Delsin Rowe: 9
Dr. Nefarious: 10
Chloe Frazer: 12

With that, Chloe Frazer and Dr. Nefarious are added into the game! Like I said, it was really close - even one vote could have completely changed the results.

---

I was originally going to have villain nominations today, and save the last character (a wildcard pick) for another day, but then I realized how close we are to the limit on third party characters. If two third party villains won that poll, then the wildcard pick would have to be first party, which kind of goes against the spirit of that concept. (leaving the spot open to anyone)

As a result, today's the Wildcard Round! Yee-haw! Only one character from this will make it into the game (though we'll still have the ranked voting, since I feel like it encourages people to think about characters other than the one that they nominated), but anything goes (as long as they aren't owned by Nintendo or Microsoft, and as long as they're characters that are owned by a video game company) beyond that!

For my nomination, I'm going with a character who's come close several times, but hasn't made it in...

Yu Narukami (Persona 4)

I feel like Persona should be in here (the franchise basically carried Sony's portable systems single-handedly), but I understand that people are somewhat hesitant about having this game's roster overlap with Smash Bros. (seeing as we don't have Snake or Cloud in the game) Fortunately, with Persona, a case could be made for multiple characters to be seen as being prominent enough to get in. There's Joker, of course, but before Persona 5, Persona 4 was Atlus's golden goose. That game got an anime, a fighting game spin-off, a live stage production, and even a dancing game! Plus, its enhanced version, Persona 4 Golden, was arguably seen as the main reason to own a PlayStation Vita.

Seeing as he's already been in a fighting game (by Arc System Works, of Guilty Gear and Dragon Ball FighterZ fame), he's got a bunch of moves to draw from, even if he's just limited to a single Persona (like Joker in Smash) rather than being able to use a bunch at once (like he and Joker do in the Persona games). Plus, his inclusion means that we could include a Persona stage and Persona music (the battle themes from Persona 4 include I'll Face Myself, Reach Out to the Truth, and Time To Make History), which seems like a plus.

---

We are still going to nominate villains later, but I just figured it was best to give people as many choices as possible for the wildcard section.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yesterday's vote was really close, and it easily could have gone any number of different ways. (which is a pretty big change from days when one character is far and away the favourite) I suppose that speaks to the strength/quality of the nominations. Here are the final results!

James Sunderland: 2
Zeus: 3
Vergil: 4
Dr. Neo Cortex: 4
Nestor: 6
Carmelita Fox: 7
Um Jammer Lammy: 9
Delsin Rowe: 9
Dr. Nefarious: 10
Chloe Frazer: 12

With that, Chloe Frazer and Dr. Nefarious are added into the game! Like I said, it was really close - even one vote could have completely changed the results.

---

I was originally going to have villain nominations today, and save the last character (a wildcard pick) for another day, but then I realized how close we are to the limit on third party characters. If two third party villains won that poll, then the wildcard pick would have to be first party, which kind of goes against the spirit of that concept.

As a result, today's the Wildcard Round! Yee-haw! Only one character from this will make it into the game (though we'll still have the ranked voting, since I feel like it encourages people to think about characters other than the one that they nominated), but anything goes (as long as they aren't owned by Nintendo or Microsoft and they wouldn't impact the game's T for Teen rating) beyond that!

For my nomination, I'm going with a character who's come close several times, but hasn't made it in...

Yu Narukami (Persona 4)

I feel like Persona should be in here (the franchise basically carried Sony's portable systems single-handedly), but I understand that people are somewhat hesitant about having this game's roster overlap with Smash Bros. (seeing as we don't have Snake or Cloud in the game) Fortunately, with Persona, a case could be made for multiple characters to be seen as being prominent enough to get in. There's Joker, of course, but before Persona 5, Persona 4 was Atlus's golden goose. That game got an anime, a fighting game spin-off, a live stage production, and even a dancing game! Plus, its enhanced version, Persona 4 Golden, was arguably seen as the main reason to own a PlayStation Vita.

Seeing as he's already been in a fighting game (by Arc System Works, of Guilty Gear and Dragon Ball FighterZ fame), he's got a bunch of moves to draw from, even if he's just limited to a single Persona (like Joker in Smash) rather than being able to use a bunch at once (like he and Joker do in the Persona games). Plus, his inclusion means that we could include a Persona stage and Persona music (the battle themes from Persona 4 include I'll Face Myself, Reach Out to the Truth, and Time To Make History), which seems like a plus.

---

We are still going to nominate villains later, but I just figured it was best to give people as many choices as possible for the wildcard section.
Not sure if this was intentional but I love how you nominated Yu for the "Wild Card" quota... given how his ability in P4 is literally called that.

D

Deleted member

Let's try to hit 2 birds with one stone:
Kefka Palazzo
latest.png

This way we get both a final fantasy rep and a villian in as well (I was close to choosing zidane or tidus).
This trickster is one of the more well known final fantasy villans and has a quirk element that could be shown in his gameplay.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
1620481801083.png

Shadow the Hedgehog
Debut: Sonic Adventure 2

The Ultimate Life Form of the Sonic the Hedgehog Series, Shadow has been around since the Dreamcast Era and has appeared in so many games ever since including one of his very own.

While Sonic is in Smash Bros, I feel Shadow might be a cool addition for Playstation All-Stars to fill in the role for Sonic representation for if it got one and Shadow was rumored to have originally been planned in the game.

He'd play a little differently from Sonic outside of just using spindash's he's got the chaos powers and weapons for his moveset. he could even become Super Shadow were his power would increase in strength leaving a devastating impact towards players.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Nominating Filbo one last time!

I nominate Filbo Fiddlepie from Bugsnax.
View attachment 311854
Filbo is a major NPC and the first character met by the player on Snaktooth Island. Appointed as mayor by Lizbert Megafig before her mysterious disappearance, Filbo's meek demeanour, aggravating optimism and general incompetence made him unpopular with the other Grumpuses. With the player's help, he seeks out his friends and helps them with their Bugsnax-related problems, gradually building his confidence and uncovering the true fate of Lizbert.

In Playstation All-Stars, Filbo will make use of the skills that a Bugsnax player will use in subduing and capturing Bugsnax. Filbo is not so competent in a direct fight, but he excels at controlling space from a distance with various gadgets, such as the Snax Trap, Buggy Ball, Lunchpad and more! He may even find a Bugsnax on the battlefield, which may inadvertently help him out in some way.

For his super attacks, he'll call on the help of his townsfolk, bait powerful Bugsnax into rampaging across the battlefield, and... Well, let's just say that Lizbert will lend a hand for his level 3.

Beffica, Chandlo, Floofty, Triffany and Cromdo are also playable as alternate versions of Filbo. They all have the same moveset, but their taunts, dialogue and post-game animations are unique.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Etna from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (2003)

1620484563599.png

Nippon Ichi said they wouldn't mind adding a Disgaea character to the first game, so why not add Etna? Her series definitely had the PlayStation connection and she'd be both a reasonable and unexpected choice. Etna first appeared as one of the main characters in the series's first entry, and since, she has appeared in most subsequent entries in either lead or supporting roles.

As for the reason of her inclusion over the game's protag: Etna is the leader of the Prinny squad, series' mascots, and even got her own mode in the PSP port. She's also a fan favorite for her sassy personality and comedic overviolent tendencies.

In PlayStation All-Stars 2, Etna would fight with her high-aptitude weapons: spears and guns. For her special attacks and supers, she could use her unique skills Prinny Raid, Sexy Beam, Chaos Impact, and even summon Laharl as a cameo help.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Vaas - Far Cry 3

Vaas is the main antagonist from Far Cry 3. Considered to be the most iconic villain of the series and one of the top villains in gaming in general, his inclusion would only make sense given that Far Cry has become fairly big due to his game. Also, we could use another villain on the roster and someone with the legacy of Vaas would be a great choice.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't played Knack, so I'm not sure how well I'd do at coming up with a moveset for him, but I can come up with costumes!

Aside from his regular version, you need to be able to play as Ice Knack:

Wood Knack and Metal Knack are also things that exist, apparently.

I'd think that, for his moves, he'd generally be in his smallest form (despite the images - those were the only transparent ones that I could find for those forms), and grow to his larger forms for some attacks before shrinking back down to normal. However, I don't have a PS4, and Knack is so technologically advanced that it would annihilate the PS3's puny hardware limitations, so I'm not sure if that meshes with the original games or not.

---

For Spyro, I have some ideas. Not sure if there are better options out there (and if there are, feel free to let me know - the only Spyro game that I've played is Spyro 1), but aside from his Reignited Design, there could be two of his more distinct skins from Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled - his Winter Guardian skin:

...and Space Spyro:

There could also be Skylanders Spyro:

...but I'm not sure how well that design was received. At the very least, I figure it would be a nice shout-out for the people who grew up with Skylanders. However, I can't find any other options for Spyro's costumes online, though maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
With this being the "anything you can think of" round, the possibilities were quite literally endless and so to choose just one to propose was daunting. I could've tried my luck with Joel once again, or proposed Sony's newest star Selene, or legends like Alucard, Kiryu and Adam Jensen (picks I'm shamelessly mentioning in the hopes that someone else might like them enough to push). And honestly they're all more likely to get chosen.

But sometimes a man has to go with his heart...

Wildcard: Sam Porter-Bridges

Who is he?

Sam is the protagonist of the 2019 game Death Stranding. In a world brought to its knees by an event known as the Death Stranding, which has upset the link between life and death, humanity has retreated to small, isolated cities, reliant on porters for communication and logistics. Sam is one of them; he also happens to be the son of the last President of the United States. It is through this bond that Sam is brought out of his apathetic exile and into BRIDGES, the organization aiming to reunite America, and sent out on a mission that could define the fate of a nation.

Moveset

That's a lot of explanation required to explain who a character is, but what can he do? As you might know, Death Stranding is, at its core, a game about delivering parcels, and it has very in-depth walking mechanics (seriously). When playing DS Sam must strategically plan his trips to account for what he'll need and what he can carry. In a fighting game that could translate to a mechanic where Sam must pick all the items and weapons he wants to have at his disposal, and be penalized with reduced mobility; or go light and risk lacking ammo or crucial items he might need in specific situations. There would also be benefits to him being at full capacity, like melee attacks being stronger due to all the weight he's putting behind them.

Aside from the overarching mechanic, Sam has tons of tools and weapons at his disposal to fight the All-Stars. His default melee weapon is the Strand, a rope that he can use to pull off complex grappling maneuvers. Other distinctive weapons in Death Stranding include bola guns, to trip enemies; sticky guns, which function basically like Isabelle's fishing rod; hematic grenades and guns, weapons that draw from Sam's blood, and so would drain his health when used; and the EX grenades (I don't know how these could translate to gameplay but I'm not going to not mention the sweat, piss and sh*t grenades). As for non-weapons, Sam can use ladders and climbing anchors for traversal (and maybe even PCCs to spawn structures and vehicles, but that's probably best for supers). That's without mentioning the difference between lethal and non-lethal weapons (which might translate to different types or amounts of damage), Sam's DOOMS abilities (maybe a slow-mo dodge like when BTs are encountered? And stuff like repatriation could work as supers) and the ability of using regular cargo as melee or thrown weapons. Basically this guy has a hell of an arsenal, and all of these items would have to be loaded onto Sam's back to be used.

Why would he be added?

I'd say there are plenty of reasons to add Sam. For one, the game was a pretty big hit, selling over 3 million copies (and that was before the PC release). Even though it was controversial, the people who liked it loved it, and it was nominated for Game of the Year at the Game Awards and won awards like Best Direction. He's also a creation of Hideo Kojima, who needs no introduction, and with Snake in Smash and Raiden having been in the last game he makes a lot of sense as the "Kojima rep" for this game (Sony owning him helps). I know many of you might not have played or liked his game, and for those people I can only offer the mental picture of Norman Reedus carrying a baby and throwing piss grenades at Kratos and Dante (to be clear this is a completely serious submission but one must appeal to the widest audience possible - and it would be hilarious).

Plus we don't have a single rep for strand-type games, that's just a glaring omission :4pacman:

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I think it's obvious my most wanted here is Narukami, but since I wasn't even given the option to nominate him I guess I'll go with a character I submitted previously.

1620501634445.png

Makoto Naegi
The Ultimate Lucky Student

Danganronpa

Who is Makoto Naegi, and what is a Danganronpa
Makoto Naegi is the protagonist of the first Danganronpa game. The premise is there's an extremely prestigious high school called Hope's Peak Academy, where only the best of the best in a certain field can go to where they are then called "Ultimates," whether it be an Ultimate Moral Compass, Ultimate Gambler, or whatever. Makoto is the Ultimate Lucky Student, who just got in due to pure luck. What then ensues is a killing game hosted by an annoying stuffed bear where 15 students must successfully get away with a murder to escape, and only one can leave.

Why should we get a Danganronpa rep
Danganronpa has been a series that has been with PlayStation since 2010 and has remained by it's side the entire time, it even has a VR game exclusive to PlayStation. Danganronpa is also a game with high amount of popularity, with a character from the series being ranked the number 1 most cosplayed video game character of all time in 2018.

What could he even use?
Makoto, being in every game in the series, can use mental weapons from the series. The most notable being the truth bullets, but he can also use a Closing Argument (potential Super), Truth Blades, The snowboard from Logic Dive, Lie Bullets, The Mega-Phone Hacking Gun (Despair Girls), and the Hangman's Gambit sections.

Last edited:
Top Bottom