• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

osby

Smash Obsessed
Megadoomer Megadoomer Not related to the current voting but I want to ask something: Can we make suggestions for future jobs/nomination criteria? I realize that making them completely reliant on participant input might not be ideal for having a consistent schedule but I think it might be fun to have users occasionally have different involvement in how game contents are decided.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megadoomer Megadoomer Not related to the current voting but I want to ask something: Can we make suggestions for future jobs/nomination criteria? I realize that making them completely reliant on participant input might not be ideal for having a consistent schedule but I think it might be fun to have users occasionally have different involvement in how game contents are decided.
Sure! I've got some ideas for what we're going to do going forward, but I'm always open for suggestions when it comes to categories.

---

The final results for post-2012 characters are:

-Dead By Daylight Survivors: 1
-Kotaro: 2
-Miriam: 3
-Juro Kurabe: 3
-Baldur: 4
-Cuphead: 6
-Filbo Fiddlepie: 10
-Knack: 13
-Jin Sakai: 14
-Aloy: 22

This means that Aloy and Jin Sakai will be included!

Our next category will be first person shooter characters. The original game had a few of them in the roster (Colonel Radec from Killzone, Big Daddy from Bioshock), though I feel like more could potentially be done with the concept. (though if you want to nominate either of those two veterans, feel free)

Going by the previous game, you don't have to pick the player character of a first person shooter - as long as the game that they're from is an FPS, that's fine. Series with an FPS spin-off, such as Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, are also acceptable here, as long as the spin-off in question appeared on a PlayStation console. (in this case, Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles started off as Wii exclusives, but were ported to Sony consoles later)

Like before, we're not going to count Bethesda characters since it's unclear what Microsoft is going to do going forward. Microsoft's going to honour Bethesda's previous commitments, like PS4 versions of games and Doom Eternal on the Switch, but if they announce something like Fallout 5, is it going to be exclusive to Xbox and PC, come to PS4 a year later, or come to both consoles on the same day? Until something like that's cleared up, I figure that they should be treated similarly to Master Chief in this case.

EDIT: changing it to first or third person shooter characters.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I'll need some time to think of a nomination for this category. (Overwatch? TF2? Portal? Bugsnax again? Fortnite, god forbid?) Until that time, here are a couple of item suggestions, just for fun.
8211.png

The Chronoscepter is a weapon from Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, and one of the few novel weapons not used by Ratchet himself. This tool is bestowed to Clank during his time as the Caretaker of The Great Clock. Its intended use is to maintain the Clock and repair fractures in time, but its power over the flow of time gives it invaluable combat utility.

Press the Quick Attack button to swing the Chronoscepter. If it hits an enemy or neutral entity, they will be lightly damaged, but dramatically slowed down for a moment. The Chronoscepter will also reflect any projectile it hits. Some broken stage hazards may also be repaired when struck with this item.

Press the Power Attack button to lob a Time Bomb. When a Time Bomb collides with a surface or enemy, it releases a sphere of energy that will slow down anything inside it, including projectiles. However, the Time Bomb doesn't cause any direct damage, and it can be reflected. Also, only one bomb can be active at a time, even with more than one Chronoscepter in play: the current active time field immediately disappears when the next bomb activates.
images (3).jpeg

The memory card is a classic staple of retro console gaming. When console games transitioned to using discs to store games, they gave up the ability to store save data on the game itself. Thus was born the memory card, an efficient portable storage solution for preserving game progress. The PS1 and PS2 Memory Cards are arguably the most iconic example of this format.

In Playstation All-Stars 2, the Memory Card allows a fighter to summon a support character stored inside the card. Despite the obsolescence of the format, the support you receive could come from any generation of PlayStation. Possible summons include:
  • Chop Chop Master Onion (Parappa the Rapper): Kicks, punches, ducks and blocks opponents. When he's about ready to leave, he karate kicks back and forth across the stage, leaving no foe unstruck.
  • Atreus (God of War): Fires carefully aimed arrows from a distance and uses tools to help his summoner with positioning.
  • Tiny Tiger (Crash Bandicoot): Bounds across the stage at random, seriously harming any fighter he lands on. He will occasionally strike with a trident as he lands, dealing even more damage but briefly getting stuck.
  • Captain Qwark (Ratchet and Clank): Fires a blaster and throws punches on occasion, but mostly just flexes and brags without helping much at all.
  • Raven (Gravity Rush): Uses her own style of gravity-shifting to attack. Enemies that are very close to her will actually fall in the same direction she manipulates gravity. If her summoner comes close to falling off the stage, she will temporarily redirect their gravity to send them back to safer ground.
  • VR-Bob (Astro Bot Rescue Mission): Floats above and behind their summoner at all times, pelting enemies with projectiles fired from their Dualshock 4.
  • Gong the Hawkeye (Patapon): Slashes with his scythe, occasionally forming a small tornado which sends opponents flying.
  • Clicker (The Last of Us): Shambles across the stage aimlessly, occasionally following very loud noises. If an enemy gets too close, they'll grab them and start biting, dealing heavy damage until the fighter escapes their grasp.
  • Frobisher (Frobisher Says): Will give the opponents various absurd instructions to follow in a limited time. If they disobey the instruction- or obey it when Frobisher doesn't say "Frobisher Says-" they will receive a harsh, unavoidable damage penalty! There is no way to attack Frobisher, and the summoner may ignore his instructions.
  • Lazarevic (Uncharted): Runs around firing a machinegun and countering melee attacks and grabs. Unaffected by knockback, flinching or status effects, except for slow time.
  • Elizabeth Comstock (Bioshock Infinite): Opens up dimensional rifts which deposit hazards such as turrets or explosive crates. Occasionally picks up items from the battlefield and tosses them to her summoner, who will pick up the item automatically.
Other Memory Card suggestions are welcomed.
Also, I think it's worth discussing ideas for completely original items. Smash Bros has plenty of original items, either to serve a unique and novel purpose, or to serve a purpose so standard that practically every game has an item like it. Playstation All-Stars doesn't seem to have original items, which leads to its reference-heavy item cache having unclear uses and no memorable stand-outs. I think we should discuss completely new items for a future job.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Wait a minute... It's so obvious now!
Booker DeWitt
Bioshock Infinite
Booker-dewitt.png
Booker is the player character of the acclaimed Bioshock Infinite, a narratively rich FPS with unique mobility mechanics and awesome sci-fi concepts. Bioshock Infinite has already appeared in Playstation All-Stars, with a stage based on Columbia and an invasion of the Uncharted stage by Songbird, but it was Big Daddy who got to take part in the fight.

The time is right for Booker to become Bioshock's next representative, using the iconic Skyhook and Vigors to battle like no other FPS character can: with foolhardy offensive power and versatile mobility. He'll do what it takes to wipe away the debt.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm not too familiar with fps, so I'm just going to nominate Radec back.

Killzone is a series of fps games with a total of 6 games spawning on almost every playstation consoles (1 for ps2, 2 for ps3, 1 for ps4, 1 for psp and 1 for ps vita). The series was very popular after Killzone 2 and it's impressive visuals at the time.

Why Radec and not a main character? The main characters in Killzone are boring and you don't even see them in game since it's in first person. While the helghast are the enemies of the games, I would say that they're more popular and more memorable. Radec is also, from my experience, the best vilains of the series and have pretty cool design, so while it might be weird to some to represent the serie with a vilain, I think that Superbot have made the right choice and he should come back.

Colonel_Radec.png

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
First-person shooter character: Big Daddy from Bioshock.

1618926988655.png

Another FPS game represented by an antagonist and not one that's particularly connected to PlayStation brand but I've always liked Big Daddies. They were uniquely big and heavy characters in the first game, had a simple yet fun moveset and their interactions with Little Sisters added a lot of personality to a faceless elite mook. I think Bioshock content is worth bringing back, especially if we add a Rapture stage this time.

Sure! I've got some ideas for what we're going to do going forward, but I'm always open for suggestions when it comes to categories.
One category that might be interesting to tackle is "characters that were considered for the first game but were not added".

We already added Dart but there are a few other interesting options like Oddworld's Abe or Tomba. The list gets even bigger if we include characters that were used in the concept art for the game.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
One category that might be interesting to tackle is "characters that were considered for the first game but were not added".

We already added Dart but there are a few other interesting options like Oddworld's Abe or Tomba. The list gets even bigger if we include characters that were used in the concept art for the game.
That would be interesting, but your links are broken. You can't link directly to fandom-hosted images.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
According to the wikia, Dart, Abe, Ryu Hayabusa and Tomba were planned for dlc before Sony stop the project. Also Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Chun-li, Sub-zero, Lara Croft, Cloud Strife are characters that Superbot wanted for base game, and NISA wanted a Disgaea character in the game. There was also this concept art which show that Blasto, Dr. Nefarious, Buzz, Ellen from Folklore, a Locoroco and Chop chop master onion might have been planned very early into development.
PLAYSTATIONALLSTARS_img01.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
That would be interesting, but your links are broken. You can't link directly to fandom-hosted images.
1618934419365.png

I can't seem to add the rest.

Aside from the ones CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash mentioned, a Chimera from Resistance, a Hatapon, Kulche from Loco Roco, Rau Utu from The Mark of Kri and Buzz from... well, Buzz were also planned. I think there might be more but even then, there were a lot of characters that the team considered. It's a shame most of them didn't make it into the final game.

Otoad64

Smash Lord

I can't seem to add the rest.

Aside from the ones CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash mentioned, a Chimera from Resistance, a Hatapon, Kulche from Loco Roco, Rau Utu from The Mark of Kri and Buzz from... well, Buzz were also planned. I think there might be more but even then, there were a lot of characters that the team considered. It's a shame most of them didn't make it into the final game.
who's the guy with the sword and orange helmet?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
who's the guy with the sword and orange helmet?
I think he's from Fat Princess.
Yes, it's just a generic soldier from Fat princess. She actually use them in her moveset (all of her circle moves are attacks that she summons one soldier, and her level 3 super was that she summons a lot of them), so there's not really any point to have them playable.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
According to the wikia, Dart, Abe, Ryu Hayabusa and Tomba were planned for dlc before Sony stop the project. Also Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Chun-li, Sub-zero, Lara Croft, Cloud Strife are characters that Superbot wanted for base game, and NISA wanted a Disgaea character in the game. There was also this concept art which show that Blasto, Dr. Nefarious, Buzz, Ellen from Folklore, a Locoroco and Chop chop master onion might have been planned very early into development.
Chop Chop would be a cool addition, though I'd rather have Lammy as PaRappa's second rep.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Would we prefer to nominate characters that were planned/considered for the original but left out instead? It seems like people are more excited about it than they are for my idea (I'm not much of an FPS guy, but I figured that people might have a wider variety of ideas for that genre beyond what we got in the original), and I'd rather go with something that people are interested in.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Would we prefer to nominate characters that were planned/considered for the original but left out instead? It seems like people are more excited about it than they are for my idea (I'm not much of an FPS guy, but I figured that people might have a wider variety of ideas for that genre beyond what we got in the original), and I'd rather go with something that people are interested in.
I would keep the fps rep because having representation from different genre is important, but if there's not a lot of nomination we could just vote for 1 character instead of 2 and after that choose 1 from the unused characters.

Edit: or maybe change the fps to general shooter character (which would include fps, tps, rail shooter and shoot em up), maybe people would have more idea?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would keep the fps rep because having representation from different genre is important, but if there's not a lot of nomination we could just vote for 1 character instead of 2 and after that choose 1 from the unused characters.

Edit: or maybe change the fps to general shooter character (which would include fps, tps, rail shooter and shoot em up), maybe people would have more idea?
Sure, that sounds good. I'm willing to open it up to general shooter characters (first or third person), so Yokta Yokta CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash osby osby if you want to change your nominations, feel free.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
FPS rep: Nathan Hale (Resistance)

Sony's other FPS series, Resistance is an alternate-history shooter dealing with an invasion by an alien species called the Chimera in the 50s. In the original game Resistance got a stage (San Francisco, which mixes with Ratchet & Clank), and it also crosses over into Ape Escape stage Time Station.

Nathan Hale is the main character of Resistance 1 and 2. He's an American soldier who discovers he's immune to the Chimera virus, granting him enhanced healing, strength and reflexes. Hale goes on to become a hero in the liberation of the United Kingdom.

If you looked at Hale and said "damn, that looks so much like a generic FPS man", never fear! Because Resistance was developed by Insomniac, and they used their Ratchet & Clank experience and the alternate history setting to get creative with weapons. Hale can use wacky weapons like the Auger Rifle (fires shots that get stronger after piercing through cover), the Bullseye (a gun that can fire tags, and then rapid fire bullets that home into said tags), the LAARK (a missile launcher that fires a rocket that can stop in midair and either turn or fire tiny rockets from itself), the Splitter (its bullets can split up to 16 times) and the Fareye (a sniper rifle that can literally slow down time). Those are just some personal selections, but what I'm trying to say is these guns are insane. The potential is there for a very fun moveset that isn't just "man with various guns" (cough unlike Radec cough)

From what I heard Resistance was kind of a big deal in the seventh gen, the first game was a launch title and system seller for the PS3 and the games got good reviews. Really the only reason they stopped making them is because Insomniac wasn't interested. I'd say it's a reasonable choice for an FPS rep.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The nominations are:
-Ratchet & Clank ( Yokta Yokta )
-Colonel Radec (Killzone) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Big Daddy (BioShock) ( osby osby )
-Nathan Hale (Resistance) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-Robbit (Jumping Flash!) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )

With only five nominations, we're only going to be including one character from this category. I don't know how well the ranked voting would work in this case, even if it was narrowed down to picking two with the highest-ranked character overall getting in, so I'll just stick to a StrawPoll for this one.

I'll save the vote for a character that was considered for the original game for a later day - only one character is going to make it in out of today's nominations (to keep the roster at an even number), and I don't think it would be fair to have that concept be today's vote after how excited people seemed yesterday.

Instead, we'll be nominating characters from horror games. There's quite a few out there that have been associated with the PlayStation (the original PlayStation All Stars had Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, but there's also Until Dawn, Resident Evil, and Silent Hill, to name a few), so I'm interested to see what people choose. (though I feel like it's worth noting again that we're only going to have one from this category)

My nomination is...

Leon S. Kennedy

Starting out on the PlayStation with Resident Evil 2, Leon had what is arguably the worst first day on the job ever, arriving in Raccoon City to start working at the police department just in time for a zombie apocalypse to break out. A few years after making it through that nightmare, Leon was working for the US government, where he was sent on a mission into Europe to rescue the President's kidnapped daughter. Leon is a survivor, and differentiate him from the likes of Nathan Drake (and to reference how scarce ammo can be in the Resident Evil games), he could have more of a melee focus, with quick knife attacks (based on the extended quick-time event sequence against Krauser), kicks (and a command grab suplex) for his heavy attacks, and saving his guns for his specials. His costumes could include his Raccoon City Police Department uniform from Resident Evil 2, his outfit from Resident Evil 4 (pictured above), his gangster-inspired alternate costume from RE4, and his pirate costume from Resident Evil 6.

I also picked Leon for slightly sillier reasons - he's been included in the rosters for both the SmashBoards thread for making a Smash Ultimate sequel and the SmashBoards thread for making Marvel vs. Capcom 4, so I wanted to see if he'd wind up here as well. Also, if he was included, that would mean that we could possibly have an in-game shop hosted by the best Resident Evil character. (as a way to buy costumes and other unlockables in-game)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I nominate Ellie from The last of us.

Ellie is the second protagonist of The last of us and the protagonist of The last of us part 2. It is one of the best selling playstation exclusives. The last of us is a survival horror game where humans have been infected by some fungus. The player has to survive to these enemies, but also other humans survivors wil try to stop you. Ellie is a 19 year old girl (in part 2) who has learned a lot of skills, thanks to Joel, to survive in this world. In All stars, she uses those skills to survive in the fight. She can fight at close range using her fists or other objects such as bottles, bricks and knife, but she can also attacks at longer range with revolver and a flamethrower. She also use some other gadgets like hand made grenades, cocktail molotov and other traps.

Her design in the game is based on her older design from part 2 because in this game she fight alone.

Ellie_Jackson_shoulder_infobox.jpg

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Ignatius Blackward (Nightmare Creatures)

Nightmare Creatures is a Survival Horror Hack and Slash from the PS1 Era. Ignatius is the main character from the game, he has a massive stick that is used for beating things, he can also use guns and acrobatic attacks.
Here is a video of a gameplay from his game and what he can do and also the horror atmosphere of the game

Nightmare Creatures is obscure but I think his aesthetic is cool so that Is why I submitted him

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm nominating Isaac Clarke from Dead Space

1619019424926.png

Aside from being a veteran, Isaac also comes from a notable franchise. Dead Space practically reinvented the sci-fi horror games when it first came out, focusing on combat yet still being able to stay as tense as more games where the protags are more helpless. The character himself, Isaac, is an ordinary engineer who is the sole survivor of a mining ship accident in space. When the wreckage of the ship is invaded by undead monsters, he fights against them with improvised tools and weapons to escape with his life. In the previous game, his moveset brought a new twist to the other firearm wielders with his projectile-deflecting grab and cutting machines.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Pretty shocked that nobody nominated Jonesy from Fortnite. I loathe that game more than any other game I can think of, and I'd be grateful to see him left out, but I couldn't be too mad about them joining Playstation All-Stars. It just... makes sense. Moreso than putting him in Smash, at any rate.

As for horror noms, I don't really have an attachment to any horror game characters. That's why I will nominate Pyramid Head, the iconic monster from Silent Hill.
Red_Pyramid.png

He was gonna get nominated sooner or later, so now the user who would've nominated them gets to make them their first preference in voting.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The nominations are:
-Ratchet & Clank ( Yokta Yokta )
-Colonel Radec (Killzone) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Big Daddy (BioShock) ( osby osby )
-Nathan Hale (Resistance) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-Robbit (Jumping Flash!) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )

With only five nominations, we're only going to be including one character from this category. I don't know how well the ranked voting would work in this case, even if it was narrowed down to picking two with the highest-ranked character overall getting in, so I'll just stick to a StrawPoll for this one.

I'll save the vote for a character that was considered for the original game for a later day - only one character is going to make it in out of today's nominations (to keep the roster at an even number), and I don't think it would be fair to have that concept be today's vote after how excited people seemed yesterday.

Instead, we'll be nominating characters from horror games. There's quite a few out there that have been associated with the PlayStation (the original PlayStation All Stars had Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, but there's also Until Dawn, Resident Evil, and Silent Hill, to name a few), so I'm interested to see what people choose. (though I feel like it's worth noting again that we're only going to have one from this category)

My nomination is...

Leon S. Kennedy

Starting out on the PlayStation with Resident Evil 2, Leon had what is arguably the worst first day on the job ever, arriving in Raccoon City to start working at the police department just in time for a zombie apocalypse to break out. A few years after making it through that nightmare, Leon was working for the US government, where he was sent on a mission into Europe to rescue the President's kidnapped daughter. Leon is a survivor, and differentiate him from the likes of Nathan Drake (and to reference how scarce ammo can be in the Resident Evil games), he could have more of a melee focus, with quick knife attacks (based on the extended quick-time event sequence against Krauser), kicks (and a command grab suplex) for his heavy attacks, and saving his guns for his specials. His costumes could include his Raccoon City Police Department uniform from Resident Evil 2, his outfit from Resident Evil 4 (pictured above), his gangster-inspired alternate costume from RE4, and his pirate costume from Resident Evil 6.

I also picked Leon for slightly sillier reasons - he's been included in the rosters for both the SmashBoards thread for making a Smash Ultimate sequel and the SmashBoards thread for making Marvel vs. Capcom 4, so I wanted to see if he'd wind up here as well. Also, if he was included, that would mean that we could possibly have an in-game shop hosted by the best Resident Evil character. (as a way to buy costumes and other unlockables in-game)
Hey, the strawpoll doesn't have Booker.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh okay, that's a shame.
Yeah, especially since now there's not much competition between Ratchet & Clank and everyone else. That's what happened when we were voting for Sony Japan characters, too. There were quite a few interesting newcomer options... but most people had to use their votes to make sure Kat gets into this game.

I feel like starting with so few veterans makes some of these jobs a little pointless.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Yeah, especially since now there's not much competition between Ratchet & Clank and everyone else. That's what happened when we were voting for Sony Japan characters, too. There were quite a few interesting newcomer options... but most people had to use their votes to make sure Kat gets into this game.

I feel like starting with so few veterans makes some of these jobs a little pointless.
maybe the veterans and newcomers shouldn't share submission periods?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I feel like we should do a separate votes for veterans, or not include them. Some veterans are obvious cases that should be in, but might be not voted due to the catagories or stuff some newcomers based on the vote. But what do you think Megadoomer Megadoomer

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I initially thought that veterans would get in naturally as time went on, but I can see why leaving them out would be seen as a barrier. My big concern is that I'm not sure how many of them were/are popular - one recurring criticism of the original game is that, despite being called PlayStation All Stars, it was missing a lot of PlayStation all-stars and many of the choices seemed random or obviously promotional, and that seemed to show when we had people vote on which veterans to include. Over a third of the veterans got no votes whatsoever, though I don't know how much of that was due to those characters not being popular picks and how much of it was due to people not thinking that they should be part of the initial announcement.

I had other things planned for tomorrow's job, and I'm not sure what the best way to do it would be, but we can have a day dedicated to veterans tomorrow. I don't know how many to include from tomorrow's vote (4? 6?), but that way, it gets some of the obvious picks into the game. (and the results shouldn't be too predictable, since the characters who led the previous poll by a large amount are already in)

Does Slender Man Count for submission? trying to see if i can nominate someone here.
I don't think so; I'm not sure who owns the character, but from what I can tell, he's more of an urban legend or a forum creation than a video game character.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I initially thought that veterans would get in naturally as time went on, but I can see why leaving them out would be seen as a barrier. My big concern is that I'm not sure how many of them were/are popular - one recurring criticism of the original game is that, despite being called PlayStation All Stars, it was missing a lot of PlayStation all-stars and many of the choices seemed random or obviously promotional, and that seemed to show when we had people vote on which veterans to include. Over a third of the veterans got no votes whatsoever, though I don't know how much of that was due to those characters not being popular picks and how much of it was due to people not thinking that they should be part of the initial announcement.

I had other things planned for tomorrow's job, and I'm not sure what the best way to do it would be, but we can have a day dedicated to veterans tomorrow. I don't know how many to include from tomorrow's vote (4? 6?), but that way, it gets some of the obvious picks into the game. (and the results shouldn't be too predictable, since the characters who led the previous poll by a large amount are already in)

I don't think so; I'm not sure who owns the character, but from what I can tell, he's more of an urban legend or a forum creation than a video game character.
Darn I See, Might as well re-nominate the survivors then.

1619036291006.png
1619036301120.png
1619036308607.png
1619036317192.png

On the topic of your next voting category, i'd suggest maybe four spots for veterans that way we could vote in a good few selected ones, i feel almost all the old all-stars members should return due to their impact for the game as well as playstation in it's history.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Horror rep: Joel (The Last of Us)

The Last of Us should need no introduction in a Sony thread, but just for formalities: it's a 2013 survival horror/stealth/shooter game by Naughty Dog. It was critically acclaimed, winning multiple game of the year awards (even against juggernauts like GTA V and BioShock Infinite) and was one of the defining titles of the PS3. It spawned a 2020 sequel which also saw much acclaim and awards, and sold like 6 million copies so far.

Joel is one of the main characters in the series, a bitter smuggler with a dark past. He could use weapons like guns, bows and molotov cocktails like in the games, and have a scavenge-and-craft mechanic to be more faithful. If we go with TLoU1 Joel he could also be part of a tag team with Ellie. And if you want to get more creative, spawning zombies could also be part of it; at least for supers I'd say it's a must.

From what I understand, Part II has been... controversial, and I fear that people might not vote for adult Ellie because of that, but I think The Last of Us is one of PlayStation's defining franchises of the last couple of generations and it'd be absurd not to have playable representation for it, so just in case I wanted to give another, safer option for people.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Horror rep:
Freddy Fazbear

One of the poster children (or would that be poster child's vengeful ghost?) for PS4 VR and a frequest star attraction in State of Play presentations, Freddy Fazbear has in the span of barely a decade propelled from a failed Kickstarter to a horror icon on the same level as a certain other Freddy Golden Freddy, of course through the sheer power of fandom. Freddy could be PSASBR's Ganondorf equivalent - slow and heavy, but extremely powerful. Given how much of his source material is left up into interpretation we could create some brutal abilities for him, and still embrace the inherently silly nature of an animatronic band by giving him pizza and singing-related abilities from the FNAF RPGs. Given his popularity with younger audiences and the recent blooming of 2010s nostaglia, the bloodthirsty ursidae could be a front-and-center attraction on promotional material.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I don't know if he counts or not, but might as well
1619037539973.png

Makoto Naegi
The Ultimate Lucky Student

Danganronpa

Who is Makoto Naegi, and what is a Danganronpa
Makoto Naegi is the protagonist of the first Danganronpa game. The premise is there's an extremely prestigious high school called Hope's Peak Academy, where only the best of the best in a certain field can go to where they are then called "Ultimates," whether it be an Ultimate Moral Compass, Ultimate Gambler, or whatever. Makoto is the Ultimate Lucky Student, who just got in due to pure luck. What then ensues is a killing game hosted by an annoying stuffed bear where 15 students must successfully get away with a murder to escape, and only one can leave.

Why should we get a Danganronpa rep
Danganronpa has been a series that has been with PlayStation since 2010 and has remained by it's side the entire time, it even has a VR game exclusive to PlayStation. Danganronpa is also a game with high amount of popularity, with a character from the series being ranked the number 1 most cosplayed video game character of all time in 2018.

What could he even use?
Makoto, being in every game in the series, can use mental weapons from the series. The most notable being the truth bullets, but he can also use a Closing Argument (potential Super), Truth Blades, The snowboard from Logic Dive, Lie Bullets, The Mega-Phone Hacking Gun (Despair Girls), and the Hangman's Gambit sections.

Top Bottom