• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Netflix On Demand Duel (A Netflix platform fighter)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Netflix has tons of original shows and movies, which makes it the perfect choice for a platform fighter.
This game would be animated and live-action content.

• Trevor (Castlevania)
  • Johnny (Cobra Kai)

• The Siege of Targoviste (Castlevania)
    • Music:
      • The True Science
      • Alucard Rises
      • We Can't Turn Away
      • I'm Trevor Belmont
      • Trevor fights Alucard
  • All Valley Tournament (Cobra Kai)

• Holy Water (Castlevania)

• Alucard (Castlevania)

Smash layout with Final Smashes

Adventure mode like Super Smash Bros Melee

Job 1: Submit a fighter. It has to be an animated character.

Job 2: Submit a stage. It has to be an animated location.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
If you don't mind me poking my head in here, limiting the thread to just animation feels awfully limiting. I understand that platfighters are percieved as a "kiddy" thing (what with most of the major platfighters nowadays heavily advertising themselves with kid-friendly characters), but Netflix has such a variety of content beyond animation that a platfighter focusing on animation alone wouldn't really be a celebration of the service.

Anyway, I'll vote for Bojack.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’d say 18 for characters. There’s plenty of character potential but given how this would probably be a smaller game and there isn’t that many character ideas we don’t need to make it too large

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'm gonna say 24! I think Netflix does actually have some potential for a lot of interesting picks if we're including multiple forms of content (so, for instance, live action series or movies.)

As for a name, I'll suggest Netflix: On-Demand Duel, because... why not I suppose?

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
We have a tie for roster size. I randomized the numbers and 24 will be our roster number!
KneeOfJustice99's title wins by default!

Job 5: Submit a Castlevania stage for Trevor

Job 6: Submit a number of stages for the game

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #05: I'm going to call this The Siege of Targoviste, with the stage itself somewhat altering in accordance with the events taking place in the background. Targoviste, a powerful Romanian city within Wallachia, was the place of imprisonment and execution for Dracula's wife, Lisa. It was in reaction to this that in 1476, Dracula warped his castle into the city's centre, sending out legions of monsters and demons to execute the citizens of the city a year after Lisa's execution. The stage itself would take place on a nearby rooftop - the town square could be seen as festivities take place, before the sky darkens and Dracula's Castle warps into the place of the city's church as floods of creatures rush out. Whilst we wouldn't have the stage showcase the brutal murders of hundreds of fairgoers (we'd instead have them run away and out of sight), it'd still be an interesting way to represent both an important in-series plot point as well as the series as a whole without having to delve into the video games for inspiration.

1663275395879.png

Job #06: I'm going to say 30, plus a Battlefield and Final Destination equivalent that brings it up to 32. At theoretical minimum, it means that each character gets their own stage, and there's 6 extra stages that can either be used to include IPs not represented through fighters (kind of like Hanenbow or Pilotwings in Smash!) or include other locations from already-represented IPs.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Knee's stage wins!
There's a tie with the numbers. I randomized them and 40 will be our number of stages!

Job 7: Submit a moveset layout

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job 8: Honestly, I don't think the game needs a "story mode", though an arcade mode would be nice - and maybe some starting character interactions kind of like how Netherrealm do it? With Netflix's characters tending to be more, well, character-driven, it'd be a solid inclusion.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
job 8: we should have a story mode though it should be like World of Light style with text boxes similar to an idea that Scott the Woz had

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I'm gonna vote for the WoL-styled mode with character interactions. It seems like fun!

Job #9:
Item Name: Holy Water
Item Origin: Castlevania (1986)

1663526407456.png

Pulled more directly from the games, though in the form of a small pouch to better represent the series, this is... well, holy water. From Castlevania. When thrown onto a surface, it explodes in holy flames that slowly move forward. If it hits a wall or opponent, it explodes and douses them in flames which it keeps opponents inside for a moment, a bit like PK Fire. It's really, really annoying, but given it's an item, it's not around all of the time.

Job #10:
Uh... I suppose 30?

Top Bottom