• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Netflix On Demand Duel (A Netflix platform fighter)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Live action character: Amber(The A List)

DISCLAIMER:Though the first season wasn't a Netflix original, the second one was

The A List was a British show taking place at a summer camp on an island only for that island to take them on a psychomanipulative journey worthy of a place in the Cthulu Mythos to escape the island and the main villain itself Amber

Did I mention this was on the Kid's Section of Netflix?

Amber would use her psychic and plant based powers in her moveset

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #13:
This round has a lot of potential, and whilst Eleven is probably the "obvious pick is obvious" of the round, I'd like to take a moment to point to an alternate potential inclusion who I think would be a very interesting addition to the roster.

Character Name: Five Hargreeves
Character Origin: The Umbrella Academy

One of Netflix's newer surprise hits, The Umbrella Academy is a serial adaptation of the comic book of the same name by Gerard Way (yes, that one.) It basically follows the exploits of a group of seven children born under mysterious circumstances and adopted by an eccentric billionaire known as Reginald Hargreeves, who spend their young lives being trained to save the world. However, the series itself follows said children at a later point in their lives, long after they've left the Academy, as a whole new threat approaches. Five himself is an... unusual case, even amongst the group of oddities. He may look and, well, physically be thirteen, but this is due to a mathematical error following him time-travelling back from the distant future following an apocalypse. He is, in fact, fifty-eight years old - and has spent much of his life as a time-travelling assassin for a group known only as "the Commission."

In terms of his moveset, Five would likely make excellent use of his primary ability - that being, his ability to teleport. He'd also use a variety of weapons used throughout his life, most prominently a fire axe as seen when he eliminated the Commission's board of directors, and the rifle he used to assassinate JFK, but he could also have a down-special which acts as a sort of counter, a little like Tracer's rewind ability in Overwatch. Overall, he's a lightweight but fast-paced character with powerful rushdown potential but good evasive options, but if you do manage to hit him, it starts going badly really fast.

D

Deleted member

cobra_kai_por_esta_razxn_el_actor_de_johnny_lawrence_no_querxa_formar_parte_del_equipo.jpg_194...jpg

Johnny Lawrence (Cobra Kai)

From the Karate Kid sequal series Cobda Kai. Johnny would play sort of like the fighting game characters in Smash. A former bully turned sensei. Johnny would use moves from his own dojo, and his time in the more defence focused Miyagi-Do. This show did air on Youtube Red for the first two seasons, and is a sequal to a movie, but we added Simon so. There's already a Cobra Kai game out, so there's some moveset inspiration there.

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
My take on bosses is that they work well if they feel unique. I mean, looking back to Smash, we started out with only Master Hand after all! However, I'd say the number of bosses would be slightly limited - there's not a lot of "major, large boss"-type characters in Netflix's lineup - the main potential ones that occur to me as of right now could potentially be the Mind Flayer from Stranger Things, and technically Dracula I suppose? I'm conflicted - but if we do have them, we shouldn't have too many, and we should also be mindful of potentially playable roles (for instance, I can see a character like Demogorgon actually being a really fun character to play as, whereas them being in a boss role would kind of screw them over.)

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Yes, but the bosses will have to be limited

But I disagree slightly with KneeofJustice's Retort on not enough boss ideas, because I can come up with a few

• Mindflayer(Stranger Things)
  • Dracula(Castlevania)/Nogrog(Glitch Techs)
  • A Marvel Netflix Rep like Kingpin(though that seems unlikely)
  • The Mountain King(Hilda)
  • Zarkon(Voltron)
  • Hordak(She-ra)
  • The Devil(Cuphead)

D

Deleted member

intro-1600520530.jpg

All Valley Tournament

A pretty major point in the series. Would be a dort of mix of boxing ring and KOF arena. You can fling characters off the side of the mat, and characters from the series cameo in the back.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
All Valley Tournament will be our Cobra Kai stage!

Job 16: Submit a moveset for Trevor. Special moves and final smash.

Job 17: Submit music for our Castlevania stage. No music from the games.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 17:
The True Science
Alucard Rises
We Can't Turn away
I'm Trevor Belmont
Trevor fights Alucard

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
All music will be added.
Moveset jobs are still open.

Job 18: Submit a Cobra Kai item.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I decided to give up on this thread. No one seems to be responding to it that much.
If anyone wants to continue this thread, let me know.

Top Bottom